PDA

View Full Version : Vampires are amongst us!

Socratov
2014-01-27, 01:03 PM
No, not the goths or the people shopping at Hot Topic, but bartenders.

It sounds ridiculous, but hear me out.

So we have bartenders. they work at night, rise late in the afternoon and greet everyone with "good morning" around 5 pm. they really become active after sunset (partying like no other), drink a lot as if alcohol doesn't faze them and come sunrise they get really tired, squint at the light as if it were their mortal enemy and go to bed. I have given this great thought since I have become one of them (part-time anyway) and I like my blood where it is. What's more, bartenders have great powers: when standing behind a bar they are prettier then everyone else (see HIMYM Girl vs. suits), have no difficulty of persuading people to try some drinks (I know I do this regularly, even making people think a Tequila Suicide* is a good idea) and are strong (preparing for a bartender is quite the workout: hoisting drinks, moving furniture, some even singlehandedly lift the beer kegs to move them around). So, yeah, I guess bartenders are vampires. What do you think?

*you snort the salt, drink the tequila, and squish the lemon into your eyes

LaZodiac
2014-01-27, 01:06 PM
I know bartenders. I work with bartenders. I can assure you they aren't vampires, at least up here :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2014-01-27, 01:09 PM
They would stiffen up fatally in the winter.

mistformsquirrl
2014-01-27, 01:09 PM
So, Nicolas Cage is a bartender (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1BkF-TBng)? That explains so much. < . .>

Asta Kask
2014-01-27, 01:13 PM
That movie is a work of genius.

Socratov
2014-01-27, 01:26 PM
So, Nicolas Cage is a bartender (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1BkF-TBng)? That explains so much. < . .>

Well, actors are known for taking up jobs in the service industry while they work on their breakthrough, so... Possible I guess...

Mando Knight
2014-01-27, 02:19 PM
Take pictures of yourself with your new co-workers. If one of them doesn't show up in the picture, you have yourself some trouble.

Or if their favorite drink is a Bloody Mary, they have an aversion to displayed religious icons, dislike garlic, and never cross the river.

...But anyway, I should have thought of that last time I played V:tM. Would've made for a perfect cover...

Coidzor
2014-01-27, 02:33 PM
Take pictures of yourself with your new co-workers. If one of them doesn't show up in the picture, you have yourself some trouble.

Or if their favorite drink is a Bloody Mary, they have an aversion to displayed religious icons, dislike garlic, and never cross the river.

...But anyway, I should have thought of that last time I played V:tM. Would've made for a perfect cover...

And here I always thought Bloody Marys contained garlic in their tomato slop. :smalleek:

Mando Knight
2014-01-27, 02:46 PM
And here I always thought Bloody Marys contained garlic in their tomato slop. :smalleek:

Yes, but if their drink is a "Bloody Mary" and yet they can't stand garlic... it's not made of vodka and tomato juice. :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2014-01-28, 04:34 AM
There are pictures of me on this forum and I am a bartender. Thus I am not a vampire. :smallcool: We are but humble servants of the night.