PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Two-armed four-weapon fighting?

Valwyn
2014-01-27, 01:56 PM
Is it possible for a character to use four weapons while having only two arms? I was thinking of maybe a human(oid) rogue with a dagger in each hand and two boot-blades (complete scoundrel). Is it possible by RAW or are you limited by the number of your arms? I know there are races with more arms and spells that get you extra arms, but it's not the same.

Metahuman1
2014-01-27, 02:00 PM
I once played a game with a Rogue who grappled people, used a trick he'd learned as an affiliation benefit he had to make them flat footed, and then unloaded sneak attacks with a pair of boot blades. And a pair of knee blades. And a pair of Elbow Blades. And a Pair of Wrist blades. And Armor Spikes, and a pair of good old fashion daggers.

Valwyn
2014-01-27, 02:05 PM
That sounds like the sort of thing I was looking for. :smalltongue:

How did you manage the BAB for the extra attacks?

Flickerdart
2014-01-27, 02:08 PM
TWF only lets you attack with one off-hand, no matter how many weapons you are wielding. So yes, you could cover your guy in weapons, but you still get the same number of attacks as normal.

Valwyn
2014-01-27, 02:13 PM
TWF only lets you attack with one off-hand, no matter how many weapons you are wielding. So yes, you could cover your guy in weapons, but you still get the same number of attacks as normal.

Oh.

Is there a way to get Miltiweapon Fighting?

Flickerdart
2014-01-27, 02:16 PM
Multiweapon fighting explicitly requires three or more hands. Your best bet for extra attacks is either a Braid Blade or natural weapons, but they have their own problems.

Ramza00
2014-01-27, 02:25 PM
Gain a tail attack somehow, and then take the prehensile tail feat, now your twf is upgraded to mwf.

Valwyn
2014-01-27, 02:30 PM
Multiweapon fighting explicitly requires three or more hands. Your best bet for extra attacks is either a Braid Blade or natural weapons, but they have their own problems.

A monk doesn't count as having three weapons, does it?

Gain a tail attack somehow, and then take the prehensile tail feat, now your twf is upgraded to mwf.

That could work. I think Lords of Madness have feats for that. Or maybe I could get a graft.

Metahuman1
2014-01-27, 02:32 PM
The DM I had just liked the idea of an insane stab-happy walking knife shop who was a perfect gentlemen until the surprise round/roll of initiative happened and then became a bloodthirsty engine of shredding.

Flickerdart
2014-01-27, 02:32 PM
A monk doesn't count as having three weapons, does it?
No. "Unarmed strike" is one weapon.

The DM I had just liked the idea of an insane stab-happy walking knife shop who was a perfect gentlemen until the surprise round/roll of initiative happened and then became a bloodthirsty engine of shredding.
Look up the Nasty Gentleman build, which does this with symbionts. Symbionts get their own actions and some share spells with you, so this is actually an incredibly brutal approach if you use Impure Prince to amass them.

Uncle Pine
2014-01-27, 02:52 PM
Question: Multiweapon Fighting "replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms". Does this mean that it's considered to be a Fighter bonus feat even if it's not explicity stated? It seems to me that it should be considered a Fighter bonus feat, simply because otherwise monstrous Fighters wouldn't have access to any X-Weapon Fighting chain, but I'm not 100% sure about it.
If Multiweapon Fighting is considered to be a Fighter bonus feat, this means that a Martial Monk can take it without meet the prerequisites. For extra cheese (and lulz), this also means that a Martial Monk 1 can take Greater Multiweapon Fighting and have the following iteratives: +0/+0/-5/-10/-15 (factoring only the BAB), or -2/-2/-7/-12/-17 with Flurry of Blows.

EDIT: Why don't just take Perfect Multiweapon Fighting then? For once, it's inferior to Greater Multiweapon Fighting unless you have BAB +11 or greater. Moreover, a Martial Monk can only selec Fighter bonus feats, not epic Fighter bonus feats.

Metahuman1
2014-01-27, 02:54 PM
No. "Unarmed strike" is one weapon.

Look up the Nasty Gentleman build, which does this with symbionts. Symbionts get their own actions and some share spells with you, so this is actually an incredibly brutal approach if you use Impure Prince to amass them.

I'll look at that when I get some time to kill.

And, would a Monk with a weapon in each hand be considered to be using 3 weapons then? Say a monk with duel Kama's?

ZeroNumerous
2014-01-27, 02:56 PM
And, would a Monk with a weapon in each hand be considered to be using 3 weapons then? Say a monk with duel Kama's?

Multi-weapon Fighting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#multiweaponFighting) does not care how many weapons you have. At all. It expressly and explicitly states you must have three or more hands.