PDA

View Full Version : What would be some good Were-Unliving Creatures?

unseenmage
2014-01-27, 04:19 PM
This thread is for fun with the Monstrous Lycanthrope template (Advanced Bestiary page 178).
Assume the only real change to Lycanthrope rules is that the animal side of the equation can be any unintelligent, nonhumanoid Construct or Undead.

What are some fun or creepy or powerful combinations?

Would be nice to have suggested Level Adjustments alongside your suggestions but is definitely not necessary. I'm just as willing to use these for monsters as characters.

Weird Weres

Were-Constructs
Were-Adamantine Spider (DotU106)
Were-Alchemy Beetle (SoX74)
Were-Animated Object (nonhumanoid) (srd)
Were-Clockroach (MM4pg27)
Were-Dragonbone Golem (Drac164)
Were-Drakestone Golem (Drac164)
Were-Ironwyrm Golem (Drac165)
Were-Effigy (nonhumanoid) (CAr151)

Were-Undead
Were-Skeleton (nonhumanoid) (srd)
Were-Zombie (nonhumanoid) (srd)

Edit: The fun things about the various type changing templates is that they let you use normally Intelligent creatures and use your favorite regular Were-Whatever with the fun twist of it being no longer alive.
Normally Int:
Were-Skeleton Pegasus
Were-Zombie Griffon
Were-Effigy Blink Dog
Skewed:
Were-Skeleton Wolf
Were-Zombie Bear
Were-Tiger Effigy

I actually like these quite a bit. Will definitely be using the Were-Unintelligent Nonhumanoid Template for some games.

Uncle Pine
2014-01-27, 04:44 PM
Quite some time ago, after I "completed" (main storyline, guilds and some random quests) Skyrim for the first time, I found an interesting mod on the Nexus. It replaced the lycanthrope's appearance. Werebear? Weretiger? Wereboar? Wererat? No. Instead of turning into a werewolf, the Dragonborn turned into a werechair: the heaviest and most fearsome throne ever seen!
To create a werechair, apply the Monstrous Weird Lycanthrope template to a Large (or larger) animated chair, throne, armchair or stool. I personally recommend riverine, but any (heavy) material will suffice.

Ionbound
2014-01-27, 04:54 PM
A were-raggamoffyn would be pretty scary...

"You see the man scream, as his face becomes leathery. Soon, he dissolves into a pile of laundry"
"Laundry?"
"This pile starts floating, and you realize that this is no man...It is the dreaded were-raggamoffyn!"

unseenmage
2014-01-27, 04:59 PM
A were-raggamoffyn would be pretty scary...

"You see the man scream, as his face becomes leathery. Soon, he dissolves into a pile of laundry"
"Laundry?"
"This pile starts floating, and you realize that this is no man...It is the dreaded were-raggamoffyn!"

Though hilarious, they are Int 10 and thus not quite what I was looking for. Though one could get a similar effect from a Were-Animated Object Swarm perhaps.

Jurai
2014-01-27, 05:07 PM
Were-Effigy Pufferfish. Go from man to stone pufferfish.

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-27, 05:09 PM
Were-Forsaken Shell is making me laugh. Your whole body turns into your own skin!!!

And Were-Skin Kite is that but your skin somehow also flies!!!

EDIT:
Were-Breain in a Jar. Picture it. Just... picture it. Beautiful.
And the hybrid form is just comedic art.

EDIT 2:
Werelaptop
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qaqAHXq15S8/USLSw-wJKII/AAAAAAAACNY/LgIC7bmuuus/s1600/Adele_animorphs.jpg

ZamielVanWeber
2014-01-27, 05:14 PM
Power wise like were-drowned and were-bleakborn wpuld be good. I am wondering if there are other funny undead ones. Doc's up there are hilarious.

Dr. Azkur
2014-01-27, 05:28 PM
Well if we add Aberrations in there the possibilities open up pretty well. A Were-Elder Brain is probably both the creature I'd less want encounter and the most ridiculous one, ever.

Picture someone giving you a dark look, pushing back his glasses at the nose bridge (which makes the reflection of the light impossible to see his eyes anymore), and after that, in less than 3 seconds he changes into a HUGE BRAIN with tentacles. Isn't that the most ludicrous and over-the-top situation? Guy should be ashamed of himself.

Jeff the Green
2014-01-27, 05:41 PM
How about a were-rat skeleton swarm? Or were-zombie bat swarm?

unseenmage
2014-01-27, 06:46 PM
I'm just extremely tickled by the idea of a Werewolf Were-Hybridform Skeleton Werewolf.

So much so Imma gonna fight with it and try to post it next chance I get.

Edit:
Were-Animated Object: Shapesand.

Most. Terrifying. Werecreature. Ever.
(but only outside of combat. :smallfrown:)