PDA

View Full Version : Mind blank capabilities?

Hobbo Jim
2014-01-27, 04:34 PM
I had always assumed that mind blank simply prevented all magical tracking, but I recently took a closer look at it and was wondering if it really meant ALL mind affecting effects... So would this include anything that includes that mind-affecting modifier? If so it's a lot more powerful than I originally anticipated o.O

Roran
2014-01-27, 04:38 PM
Yep. It basically tells the entire school of Enchantment to go cry in the corner. Mind Blank is a flat immunity to 2 schools of magic and any ability that is mechanically or (with a RP-heavy DM) thematically similar.

Zanos
2014-01-27, 04:42 PM
I think it says somewhere in the PHB that all enchantment spells are [Mind-Affecting], so even if the spell doesn't have the tag, mind-blank still makes you immune to it.

It is an immensely powerful spell that blocks are incredibly array of effects.

Silva Stormrage
2014-01-27, 05:27 PM
I think it says somewhere in the PHB that all enchantment spells are [Mind-Affecting], so even if the spell doesn't have the tag, mind-blank still makes you immune to it.

It is an immensely powerful spell that blocks are incredibly array of effects.

I don't think there is anything like that in the PHB… or at least I couldn't find it and I haven't heard of it before.

Flickerdart
2014-01-27, 05:30 PM
I don't think there is anything like that in the PHB… or at least I couldn't find it and I haven't heard of it before.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#enchantment

"All enchantments are mind-affecting spells."

Karnith
2014-01-27, 05:40 PM
Not that it's usually going to matter, as there are only a tiny handful of Enchantment spells that aren't tagged with mind-affecting anyway. I'm only aware of Freezing Glance (from Frostburn) and Anathema (from Champions of Ruin).

Silva Stormrage
2014-01-27, 05:40 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#enchantment

"All enchantments are mind-affecting spells."

Well I will be damned. Thats interesting.