PDA

View Full Version : Need help inventing a magic item

G.Cube
2014-01-27, 05:03 PM
I recently gave all of my players one wish to use in preperation for the main plot they will soon be undertaking. The players will be visiting the Elemental Planes of Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Negative, and Positive Energy. One of the players wished wisely, and requested a cloak to help them survive their visits I want to.give them something effective on each plane, but not something that will prove too great an advantage over the other players. So far I only have ideas, and I am open to any and all suggestions. So far the ideas I have are:

Water breathing
Flight
Fire Immunity(only enviormental)
Xorn movement effect

All at an undecided duration per day. Even if these ideas are acceptable, I still need to figure out something for the negative and positive energy planes. Thank you everyone, in advance for all of your great help!

Amnoriath
2014-01-27, 05:50 PM
I recently gave all of my players one wish to use in preperation for the main plot they will soon be undertaking. The players will be visiting the Elemental Planes of Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Negative, and Positive Energy. One of the players wished wisely, and requested a cloak to help them survive their visits I want to.give them something effective on each plane, but not something that will prove too great an advantage over the other players. So far I only have ideas, and I am open to any and all suggestions. So far the ideas I have are:

Water breathing
Flight
Fire Immunity(only enviormental)
Xorn movement effect

All at an undecided duration per day. Even if these ideas are acceptable, I still need to figure out something for the negative and positive energy planes. Thank you everyone, in advance for all of your great help!
Avoid Planar Effects is a spell that basically allows you to bypass the constant negative effects of a plane but not the extreme ones. For example you can walk on the ground in the Plane of Fire safely but you couldn't dive into the lava pools safely. Their is also a Xorn movement spell.
As for something that won't upset balance in these quests the only thing I can really be comfortable giving is a cloak of Avoid Planar effects this way he won't die from the planes itself but he won't have everything to glide through easily while the others are consorting with spell casters just to survive.