PDA

View Full Version : Ways to interpret a Geas/Quest

uKiDme
2014-01-28, 03:53 AM
I am currently DMing a campaign in which one of my players got his character decapitated. The problem is that he was prior to joining the party under a Geas spell, cast by the Main villain of the campaign an epic level wizard. Accompanied by that spell he was given a sentient magic bracelet to monitor his movements and actions (I have not yet established the powers of the bracelet, only that it occationaly speaks to the PC). The players are @ lvl 4. Can anyone suggest a way to ressurect him without the players involvement? I was thinking of turning him into something like a vampire but that would require lots of work to be done before he died which I would have to explain plus it would burden the player with even more roleplaying restrictions. Long story short I would like to have this player continue playing that character without the rest of the party's involvement but still reminding the player that dying is its own punishment.

Techwarrior
2014-01-28, 04:47 AM
epic level wizard

If this character is of use to this guy, he could cast (Limited) Wish to replicate Raise Dead. There's rules for taking sacrifices instead of XP in Book of Ville Deeds. Have the character revive with a brief flashback to a hometown/place of importance where suddenly people have been sacrificed for his resurrection. Let the ring tell him that it was all done for him.

There, now you have a next plot hook and a solid motivational tool to use against him to make him be sure to stay alive next time.

uKiDme
2014-01-28, 11:35 AM
Thanks a lot. I believe your suggestion was exactly what I was looking for!