PDA

View Full Version : Diagari [3.5 Base Race]

Jergmo
2014-01-28, 05:35 AM
Hello! A little while back I made a post about one of two races unique to my campaign setting, the Maretids, and I've been tinkering recently with the other, the Diagari.

I'm interested in seeing if they might be improved by any further tinkering and would appreciate any help.

Please note that I use the Generic Classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm) variant, which is why their favored class is listed as "Expert".

Diagari
The diagari are a highly industrious caste-oriented people marked by the influence of fire. They appear much like humans and have roughly the same size and longevity as a half-elf, but invariably possess a number of unusual features - small horns, pointed ears or teeth, and unusual skin pigment compared to humans. The diagari are strongly associated with order, tradition and industry. A diagari's skin may range from pale skin, such as albino or milky white, ebony and earthy browns, dusky gray or reddish-brown, pale red, and so on. However, many diagari may still blend in with humans given proper disguise or lighting.

Many diagari have a practical view of possessions, and often do not become overly attached to impractical things; for example, it is uncommon for a diagari child to have a stuffed animal. However, diagari have a fondness for storytelling and poetry, and enjoy artwork such as drawings, paintings and sculpture. Of all the forms of expression, most diagari are particularly fond of fashion. The social standing of a diagari citizen is often determined by his or her perceived taste through artwork and clothing of fine fabrics, and in the eyes of outsiders, outlandish design.

Though bound to their society, young diagari are encouraged to be ambitious and to develop their innate talents and interests. Diagari tend to be very competitive, and although they aren't very wise, they possess a strong sense of self, and are more resistant to charms and compulsions.

Diagari Traits
Diagari possess the following racial traits:

+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom
Medium: As Medium creatures, diagari have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Diagari base land speed is 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: A diagari can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Special Qualities: Resistance to fire 5.
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and spell-like abilities.
-4 racial penalty on Fortitude saves against exposure to cold weather.
+2 racial bonus on any one Craft, Perform, Profession or Knowledge skill.
Automatic Languages: Common, Dynonian. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Ignan, Infernal, Terran
Favored Class: Expert
Level Adjustment: +1