PDA

View Full Version : How to make NPCs like my Wiz?

Balor01
2014-01-28, 07:07 AM
I play lvl 6 N/NE wiz with CHA 6. Not surprisingly, guy is awful with interactions and even his relationship with his group is falling apart because of that (All IC. Well, most of it anyway).

I want to buff CHA stats, but at lvl 6 one needs to dump his money into combat spells, also, there are not hundreds of thousands of gps available to get say, Tome of Charisma and Leadership, etc.

The ony thing that came to my mind was Charm person, but thing has a save and ... well. Still its' going toward the goal from opposite end.

Got any solutions for me, guys?

thanks

Morph Bark
2014-01-28, 07:14 AM
Get some spells that buff Diplomacy, and possibly Eagle's Splendour. The latter will likely be handier to cast on allies who can make use of Cha in combat though.

Balor01
2014-01-28, 07:21 AM
Get some spells that buff Diplomacy, and possibly Eagle's Splendour. The latter will likely be handier to cast on allies who can make use of Cha in combat though.
Nope. None of these can be cast by wiz.

Crown of Glory
Draconic Might
Nixies Grace
Righteous Aura
Sirines Grace
Lesser Visage of the Deity

Gemini476
2014-01-28, 08:33 AM
6 charisma gives you -2 to diplomacy checks. People who are Unfriendly will turn Hostile if you get less than 5 on a check, but for all higher ones you just need a 1 to get them to stay at that level. So get some way to get +2 to diplomacy checks - five ranks in Knowledge(nobility), for instance. Then you're set.

Get +3 more to diplomacy and you won't need to worry about turning people Hostile anymore. That's a 900gp custom item, or a 50gp masterwork tool and a 100gp +1 competence item.

Balor01
2014-01-28, 08:37 AM
Get +3 more to diplomacy and you won't need to worry about turning people Hostile anymore. That's a 900gp custom item, or a 50gp masterwork tool and a 100gp +1 competence item.
Wat wat wat? Tell me more please.

Gemini476
2014-01-28, 01:58 PM
Wat wat wat? Tell me more please.

If someone is Unfriendly, a Diplomacy roll of less than 5 will make that Unfriendly creature Hostile (assuming that your GM uses the Diplomacy rules, that is.)

You'll need to roll 21 or higher to get someone Hostile to become Unfriendly, however.

So if you spend five skill points in Knowledge(Nobility) (or Bluff or Sense Motive) you get a +2 synergy bonus. In retrospect its actually cheaper to just spend four skill points buying Diplomacy cross-class.

I guess there's also some actual magic items that give good boosts as well, but I don't think there are any published ones below 1,000gp.

So 50gp for a masterwork item of Diplomacy (make-up? Perfume? Diplomacy for Dummies?) is probably the best method.

IAmTehDave
2014-01-28, 02:06 PM
So 50gp for a masterwork item of Diplomacy (make-up? Perfume? Diplomacy for Dummies?) is probably the best method.

How to Make Friends and Influence People (Without using Magic), 3rd revised edition - 50g, +2 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy.

Otherwise: Charm Person for temporary, Dominate for longer term. Mindrape to be freinds forever.