PDA

View Full Version : Flowing Time Planes?

roguemetal
2014-01-28, 08:04 AM
For Item Crafting purposes, our DM doesn't seem willing to give us any downtime.
That said, he also believes in RAW, and would happily forgo his efforts if the players find a way to counteract them.

I have just gained Plane Shift, and was hoping for a Plane which has the flowing time trait to quickly craft items without falling behind time constraints.
So far I have found only two, and neither prime options.

Far Realm - way too dangerous
Dal Quor - nigh impossible to reach

Any printed 3.0, 3.5 material with the WotC logo is accepted, including Dragon Magazine, campaign modules, and 3rd party 'official' sources. Pathfinder is also permitted.

Brookshw
2014-01-28, 09:08 AM
I believe the astral has the timeless trait and the fairy realm in the MoP is iirc a 7:1 ratio.

Karnith
2014-01-28, 09:16 AM
I believe the astral has the timeless trait and the fairy realm in the MoP is iirc a 7:1 ratio.
Being on the Astral Plane doesn't slow down time, it just means that you don't need to eat (etc.) while you're there. The Faerie also has an undesirable Flowing Time trait (for the purposes of this thread); a day in Faerie is the same as a week on the PMP, so you're losing time whenever you visit.

JaronK
2014-01-28, 01:42 PM
If you can make it to 9th level spells, Genesis will let you just make your own plane. Set the time traits however you want, since you can make any environment you wish.

JaronK

Bronk
2014-01-28, 03:31 PM
If you can't get the Genesis spell yourself, perhaps you could convince your DM that a sufficiently greedy merchant conglomerate would have thought of that already, if only you could get in touch with them...

Chronos
2014-01-28, 04:57 PM
Genesis might not be the best route here, given that the problem is a lack of downtime, and Genesis itself has a week-long casting time.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-28, 05:33 PM
The fairy realm, Faerie, is a plane coexistent with the material. Most fey should be able to provide you with access pretty easily either directly or by providing the necessary focus item for plane-shift. It has 7:1 flowing time.

You can get ahold of a fey with the spirit binding spell from, I wanna say, complete arcane.

JaronK
2014-01-28, 05:37 PM
The fairy realm, Faerie, is a plane coexistent with the material. Most fey should be able to provide you with access pretty easily either directly or by providing the necessary focus item for plane-shift. It has 7:1 flowing time.

You can get ahold of a fey with the spirit binding spell from, I wanna say, complete arcane.

As noted earlier in this thread, that plane is flowing time in the wrong direction.

JaronK

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-28, 05:39 PM
As noted earlier in this thread, that plane is flowing time in the wrong direction.

JaronK

Wait, what? I'd've sworn it was a week in Faerie for a day on the material.

*looking it up*

Oh hells. I did, indeed, get that backwards.

Security Bear
2014-01-28, 05:46 PM
What about the Temporal Energy Plane (from the Manual of the Planes)? Secure a sufficiently powerful flying device, and you can (theoretically, according to fluff) travel back in time to the point that you entered the plane (by flying against the temporal winds), so, no time passes on the material plane? To avoid the whole paradox-and-DM-gets-fed-up-rocks-fall-everyone-dies-syndrome, don't travel before the time you entered the temporal energy plane (though I guess you technically could...)

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-28, 05:54 PM
To approach the problem from a different direction; why haven't you been able to get any downtime? Also, dedicated wright homonculous and portable hole. If you can't find two days then how are you adding spells to your book?

roguemetal
2014-01-28, 06:55 PM
What about the Temporal Energy Plane (from the Manual of the Planes)? Secure a sufficiently powerful flying device, and you can (theoretically, according to fluff) travel back in time to the point that you entered the plane (by flying against the temporal winds), so, no time passes on the material plane? To avoid the whole paradox-and-DM-gets-fed-up-rocks-fall-everyone-dies-syndrome, don't travel before the time you entered the temporal energy plane (though I guess you technically could...)

Hrmm... not sure that'll fly since it isn't explicit... but it does lead to the simpler option of using Extra Spell to grab Teleport Through Time when I reach a higher level, giving me the necessary time to craft. I could even pass off the items I craft to my previous (current) self, creating a paradox. He may actually approve this, since by RAW it works... assuming I simply leave the items at a place I know I'll be, and not meet myself.

To approach the problem from a different direction; why haven't you been able to get any downtime? Also, dedicated wright homonculous and portable hole. If you can't find two days then how are you adding spells to your book?

Fortunately, not an issue as a Cleric, and we happen to have no other prepared casters in the group.