PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Bag of Tricks?

zephyrkinetic
2014-01-28, 11:25 AM
This is really just an opinion question, as I can't seem to find any rules addressing this question:

Is there anything that prevents characters from using the Bags of Tricks Wondrous Items as a simple sack? I want to present one as a found item to my players, and the description is that it's a plain-looking, empty cloth sack. So, they find a cloth sack. What happens if they shove some loot in there? Or some oats for their horse? Would they notice the small fuzzy balls when they reach in, still, or do they only appear when the bag is empty?

I know there are all kinds of nasty things that can happen when you start to do unusual/unintended thigns with Bags of Holding, Portable Holes, etc... has anyone heard of anything similar being done with the Bags of Tricks?

Uncle Pine
2014-01-28, 11:53 AM
I don't think you'll find a RAW answer at this question. However, the Bag of Tricks' description doesn't state that you can't stack items inside of it, so you should be able to do it. It's not like it's gamebreaking: the "it doesn't say that you can't so I can" realm is inhabitated by scarier individuals.
By the way, even if you fill the bag with something else, "anyone reaching into the bag feels a small, fuzzy ball". The description seems pretty straightforward about that.