PDA

View Full Version : Basic improved trip questions

kpumphre
2014-01-28, 12:58 PM
Ok, I'm an unarmed swordsage. I have improved trip.

When exactly can I use improved trip.
1. On charges?
2. On AOO's?

Extra question when I attempt one and miss can I still use Snap kick feat?

Seerow
2014-01-28, 01:00 PM
A trip is an attack action. Anytime you can make an attack, you can use a trip instead. Anytime you trip someone, you get the benefits of improved trip.

kpumphre
2014-01-28, 01:01 PM
A trip is an attack action. Anytime you can make an attack, you can use a trip instead. Anytime you trip someone, you get the benefits of improved trip.

So I can use it during charges and aoo ok my dm said I couldn't on charge wanted to check when I go over it with him later

Eldariel
2014-01-28, 01:03 PM

With the addendum that by default, you can't replace an attack that's a part of a ToB maneuver with Trip (relevant since we're possibly talking about Swordsage, if that's what the Unarmed Sage refers to). You do get the passive benefit of Improved Trip when performing a Trip as a part of a ToB maneuver tho (e.g. Setting Sun).

kpumphre
2014-01-28, 01:29 PM
How about during a full attack currently I have 5 attacks (two weapon fighting) so could I in theory attempt it 5 times?

Eldariel
2014-01-28, 01:36 PM
How about during a full attack currently I have 5 attacks (two weapon fighting) so could I in theory attempt it 5 times?

Yes. An attack action is an attack action; only ones with restrictions are really maneuvers. Any other kind of an attack can in theory (given a legal target, and the ability to perform Trip) be performed as a trip. Disarm is largely the same.

kpumphre
2014-01-28, 01:40 PM
ok Thanks for your help