PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepherds in the Clockwork Nirvana

Harbinger
2014-01-28, 05:03 PM
I'm making a planar shepherd for a campaign I'm in, and I've chosen Mechanus as my patron plane because it's really cool. What are some good outsider/magical beast forms that I can take?

What I've Got:
Inevitables
Formians
Animals with the Axiomatic template

Heliomance
2014-01-28, 05:15 PM
Inevitables are Constructs, not Outsiders.

Harbinger
2014-01-28, 05:29 PM
Inevitables are Constructs, not Outsiders.

I know, but my DM is letting me consider them outsiders for the purpose of that ability.

Mithril Leaf
2014-01-28, 07:19 PM
The Modrons have innate casting which you have a solid chance of getting as a Planar Shepherd since you get basically everything off of your outsider wild shapes.

Harbinger
2014-01-28, 07:28 PM
The Modrons have innate casting which you have a solid chance of getting as a Planar Shepherd since you get basically everything off of your outsider wild shapes.

Where can I find modrons?

Karnith
2014-01-28, 07:36 PM
Where can I find modrons?
In the Manual of the Planes web enhancement (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20010921a) (note: it's 3.0) and in Dragon Magazine #354, though note that the versions in Dragon Magazine are Constructs and hence not normally valid forms for a Planar Shepherd's Wild Shape.

Mithril Leaf
2014-01-28, 07:46 PM
In the Manual of the Planes web enhancement (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20010921a) (note: it's 3.0) and in Dragon Magazine #354, though note that the versions in Dragon Magazine are Constructs and hence not normally valid forms for a Planar Shepherd's Wild Shape.

Also note that the top few did not get updated.

Invader
2014-01-28, 09:52 PM
I know, but my DM is letting me consider them outsiders for the purpose of that ability.

You know, because planar shepherd is pretty lackluster to begin with :smallamused:

Harbinger
2014-01-28, 09:55 PM
You know, because planar shepherd is pretty lackluster to begin with :smallamused:

Yeah, such an underpowered PrC. But in all seriousness, even with Inevitables I'm a lot less powerful wildshape wise than if I'd selected, say, The Elemental Plane of Fire, The Abyss, or The Far Realm.