PDA

View Full Version : So that's why he was out of stock...

brionl
2014-01-28, 06:19 PM
The Polearm Emporium (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0136.html) is just a front. He's really a fence and/or bookie or something similar!

dtilque
2014-01-28, 07:14 PM
Taking bets on the cricket matches?

KillianHawkeye
2014-01-28, 07:16 PM
There is absolutely nothing in the latest comic which would lead to this sort of conclusion.

Keltest
2014-01-28, 07:18 PM
There is absolutely nothing in the latest comic which would lead to this sort of conclusion.

Yeah, but since when has logic like that ever stopped speculation on these forums?

DeliaP
2014-01-28, 07:21 PM

Then it must be True!

ellindsey
2014-01-28, 07:23 PM
Joking aside, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for the mysteriously lacking in inventory polearm shop to be a front for some smuggling operation or other criminal operation. Jiminy left the Thieve's Guild, but that doesn't mean he stopped being a thief. After all, Haley didn't. He probably still has the skills (and class levels for that matter). And how else do you explain a polearm shop staying open despite apparently having no actual polearms in stock (yet lots of plausible excuses for why they don't have any just this moment).

JustWantedToSay
2014-01-28, 07:27 PM
He's out of stock, because his heart is just not into that business.

Jiminy found himself opening the Polearm Emporium in Freyaville after being chased out of Wooden Forest by the insurgence of bandits.

--I didn't want to be a shop-keeper. I wanted to be…
A Lumberjack

brionl
2014-01-28, 07:43 PM
Joking aside, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for the mysteriously lacking in inventory polearm shop to be a front for some smuggling operation or other criminal operation. Jiminy left the Thieve's Guild, but that doesn't mean he stopped being a thief. After all, Haley didn't. He probably still has the skills (and class levels for that matter). And how else do you explain a polearm shop staying open despite apparently having no actual polearms in stock (yet lots of plausible excuses for why they don't have any just this moment).

Well, now you're taking all the fun out of it. :smallyuk:

martianmister
2014-01-28, 07:47 PM
--I didn't want to be a shop-keeper. I wanted to be…
A Lumberjack

Let's not talk about what he do at night. :smallwink:

DeliaP
2014-01-28, 07:56 PM

Well, now you're taking all the fun out of it. :smallyuk:

We're talking about trying to find a rational explanation for how a polearm vendor who never has any polearms in stock manages to stay in business when said polearm vendor is a tribute to a Monty Python sketch? Joking aside. Seriously, that's funny!:smallsmile:

Yendor
2014-01-28, 08:26 PM
We're talking about trying to find a rational explanation for how a polearm vendor who never has any polearms in stock manages to stay in business when said polearm vendor is a tribute to a Monty Python sketch?

Easy. He buys potions from Eve and Larry's (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0135.html), and sells them elsewhere.

Jay R
2014-01-28, 11:39 PM
The Polearm Emporium (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0136.html) is just a front. He's really a fence and/or bookie or something similar!

No, polearms aren't fencing weapons.

Dumbestupidiot
2014-01-29, 12:04 AM

Nice. Perhaps he just gets foiled when he tries to restock.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-29, 01:38 AM

Then how does he epée his bills?

Sir_Leorik
2014-01-29, 02:48 PM

Then how does he epée his bills?

He clearly has asked his creditors if he can rapier them at a later date. But if he can keep his costs down he may be able to make a razor thin profit this year.

J's
2014-01-29, 03:05 PM
And yet all I got from this thread was - oh good, easily found link to that comic so I don't have to look (even through the main thread).

But that is enough. :smallwink:

Gift Jeraff
2014-01-29, 03:17 PM
He ran a Kickstarter to restock.

CRtwenty
2014-01-29, 03:25 PM
He only does the Monty Python bit with PCs. He makes a bundle selling basic gear to NPCs. Don't underestimate the buying power of Warbands containing 3d10 Orcs. They each need Falchions and Javelins ya know.

Sir_Leorik
2014-01-29, 03:55 PM
He ran a Kickstarter to restock.

I think Gift Jeraff just won the thread. :smallbiggrin:

SteveDJ
2014-01-29, 03:59 PM
Polearms? Hmmm... perhaps... someone is making a totem pole of a humanoid or similar creature, and the artist making the "pole" needs a set of "arms" ... :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

These other customers just haven't asked for the right item yet! :biggrin: