PDA

View Full Version : incorporeal

reapersoulEater
2014-01-28, 07:14 PM
Ways to deal with PC going incorporeal to escape?

magic item or spells preferred :smallsmile:

Kuulvheysoon
2014-01-28, 07:17 PM
Transdimensional Spell (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-arcane--55/transdimensional-spell--2957/)?

Icewraith
2014-01-28, 07:19 PM
Force effects.

Forcecage, wall of force, magic missile, force missiles, force orb...

Force dragons

TuggyNE
2014-01-28, 07:38 PM
Ways to deal with PC going incorporeal to escape?

What's the context? Is the PC trying to escape a fight gone sour, is the PC habitually using incorporeality to duck in and out, is the PC trying to leave a prison?

reapersoulEater
2014-01-29, 06:14 PM
What's the context? Is the PC trying to escape a fight gone sour, is the PC habitually using incorporeality to duck in and out, is the PC trying to leave a prison?

He constantly uses his guy eel. (i believe i mispronounced that monster class)
incorporeal ability to hit and run and also escape his well deserved fate XD

TuggyNE
2014-01-29, 08:24 PM
He constantly uses his guy eel. (i believe i mispronounced that monster class)

Ghaele? Is the monster class from Savage Species, or some other source?

incorporeal ability to hit and run and also escape his well deserved fate XD

Well-prepared enemies should often have a means of dealing with incorporeality with force effects or make manifest (?) or the like, either because they are specifically aware of this character or because they are channeling Batman. Other enemies probably would have a much lower chance of specifically effective counters, but as long as they use magic at all incorporeality is not a perfect defense.

Make sure to read up on the quirks and tradeoffs of using incorporeality to hide in objects/walls. And ghaeles specifically can't cast or make physical or gaze attacks in globe form, and have no particularly amazing SLAs either, so this is kind of a self-nerf in some ways.

Phelix-Mu
2014-01-29, 11:03 PM
Bury irregularly shaped walls of force inside solid objects. This is best achieved through the use of riverine (Stormwrack...is there anything this stuff can't do? It's like the ShamWow of D&D).

Place a magical trap on the surface of the riverine, triggered by contact (since the riverine can only be touched by incorporeal creatures, as it is inside a solid object). The trap extends through the floor to outside the object and casts a continuous wall of force around the object.

Don't use on nice people.:smallwink: