PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Content 7: Will Work For Makeouts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Macha
2014-01-28, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the latest installment of discussion threads for Questionable Content (http://questionablecontent.net/), a M-F "slice of life" comic in which life is defined by coffee, robots, Butts Disease (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2016), and spontaneous metal interludes. (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=666)

You have been warned.

Links To The Past
Questionable Content 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140480)
Questionable Content 2: Espresso With Extra Scorn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176418)
Questionable Content 3: Ironically Quite Popular (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194380)
Questionable Content 4: Attack of the 60-Inch AnthroPC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215953)
Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242665)
Questionable Content 6: Murder Mode (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280941)

LordChaos13
2014-01-28, 11:00 PM
Posting to subscribe and/or be first

So who thinks Dreads-Girl will become a regular character after this?

Cikomyr
2014-01-28, 11:02 PM
Posting to subscribe and/or be first

So who thinks Dreads-Girl will become a regular character after this?

100% sure. Just like that Californian girl, Padma.

Benthesquid
2014-01-28, 11:13 PM
Like most characters, Delilah will hang around as long as Jeph finds her interesting, and will then vanish, presumed eaten by smilodons.

Also, in light of a couple posts towards the end of the last thread, I find it amusing that she can't remember Marten's name.

Yana
2014-01-28, 11:17 PM
In the immortal words of someone:

"Let us never speak of this again. "

Coidzor
2014-01-28, 11:19 PM
Well, that was fun, now onto more plot.

Maybe.

Flickerdart
2014-01-28, 11:26 PM
Marten's not allowed to keep a love interest. I'm thinking smilodons, too.

The Glyphstone
2014-01-29, 12:47 AM
Mildly amused at Jeph's prudish streak showing itself again.

Also in agreement that Dreads Girl will never be seen again. Until she decides to become a semi-regular at CoD. Or she turns out to be a TA at the college.

tavo2
2014-01-29, 01:34 AM
Oh he got kisses and more and now he iis so unhappy

Eurus
2014-01-29, 02:52 AM
Marten's not allowed to keep a love interest. I'm thinking smilodons, too.

I think the whole point of this little thing is that she was never really a viable interest; Martin came to the party to "have fun", and ostensibly succeeded. Did he find it unsatisfying? Perhaps. Maybe he'll decide it was harmless good fun and worth or not worth repeating, maybe it'll just motivate him to try and get back in an actual relationship with someone.

Kato
2014-01-29, 04:31 AM
Mildly amused at Jeph's prudish streak showing itself again.

How so? :smallconfused:

Also, in light of a couple posts towards the end of the last thread, I find it amusing that she can't remember Marten's name.
Oh, the irony... Am I the only one who think that's a bit more than a little impolite?

As for her sticking around... I tend to say no. Unless Marten suddenly gets a massive crush on her which I don't think he will... But yeah, Marten's love life is about as successful as Gary's, albeit in different ways.

The Glyphstone
2014-01-29, 05:26 AM
How so? :smallconfused:

Everyone apparently decided to put their underwear back on after the 'great fun' last night. He's never drawn outright nudity, but naked characters censored by convenient arms, cats, or speech bubbles hasn't been uncommon.

Just stands out as a little odd, that's all.:smallsmile:

Morquard
2014-01-29, 06:42 AM
"Cencoring" them by arms and speech bubbles is a convenient way to show nudity without showing it, so I can't blame him for that.

But yes the "Lets put our underwear back on" is kinda silly, I always think so when that happens in tv shows or movies too.

Iruka
2014-01-29, 07:23 AM
But yes the "Lets put our underwear back on" is kinda silly, I always think so when that happens in tv shows or movies too.

Wait, that's unusual? I always thought people sleeping in the nude was the exception ...

Cikomyr
2014-01-29, 07:26 AM
And now, Marten's armpit?!

Is Jeph developing an armpit hair-fetish?!?!

Traab
2014-01-29, 07:35 AM
I kind of took martens asking for a number as more of a decent guy move and not a serious request. I feel awkward having a one night stand where I dont at least make the offer of trying to date unless its pretty explicitly stated to be a one night thing beforehand. So that puts the ball in her court. If she wants to try a date or two, maybe something will click. If she doesnt? Guilt free night of fun. Win/win all the way around.

Morquard
2014-01-29, 08:38 AM

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse than his butt fixation...

Kato
2014-01-29, 08:50 AM
Everyone apparently decided to put their underwear back on after the 'great fun' last night. He's never drawn outright nudity, but naked characters censored by convenient arms, cats, or speech bubbles hasn't been uncommon.

Ah, I didn't even notice... yeah, I guess that is kind of weird. Then again, if it is sufficiently cold I also tend to put something on afterwards... it's rarely the case but still. (Do we have any indication of what time of the year the comic is at right now? From what I gather about the current US weather I guess it's not winter 2014.)

In general... I guess Jeph really wants to keep some amount of PG-? rating? Then again, I'm not sure what certain parts of the human body would look like in his style and I don't think I'm too curious :smalltongue:

Now that I remember, I think we have seen male arm pit hair more often in the past... maybe also female but I'm not sure on that.

Coidzor
2014-01-29, 11:14 AM
Wait, that's unusual? I always thought püeople sleeping in the nude was the exception ...

Depends on how comfortable you are with the person you're sleeping with and how tired out you both got.

Connington
2014-01-29, 12:13 PM

Worth it to see Marten's hot pink boxers.

The Glyphstone
2014-01-29, 01:00 PM

True dat. Words.

Kato
2014-01-30, 04:25 AM

To be frank, those are much more likely to give me eye cancer than anything else. I mean, it's not neon pink or something but still too bright in my opinion.

And Marten gets to see two underdressed ladies in a day. Lucky him :smalltongue:

Cikomyr
2014-01-30, 07:07 AM
Cosette, you dumb broad. You go check if there was someone at the door WITH YOUR BATHROBE OPEN?

It's like checking if the barbecue is on by dipping your hand in gasoline first. You don't do that

Loreweaver15
2014-01-30, 08:35 AM
Well, that was...utterly expected of Jeph. Her prerogative, though it was douchey of her to forget his name. Maybe we'll get on to an actually interesting potential love interest for Marten now? :P

The Glyphstone
2014-01-30, 08:43 AM
Cosette, you dumb broad. You go check if there was someone at the door WITH YOUR BATHROBE OPEN?

It's like checking if the barbecue is on by dipping your hand in gasoline first. You don't do that

And she wasn't even ordering pizza, either. Genre conventions, geez.

Cikomyr
2014-01-30, 09:01 AM
And she wasn't even ordering pizza, either. Genre conventions, geez.

Jailbait kids these days. Don't respect for tradition!

TechnoWarforged
2014-01-30, 12:11 PM
Steve: So.... you saw my Girlfriend's goods...
Marten: Yup
Steve: Are they... Good?
Marten: Yup

*fist bump*

:cool:

Traab
2014-01-30, 02:10 PM
Im ashamed to admit it took me awhile to recognize steve. Its been awhile. Seriously, I know there are a lot of characters, but it seems like they have really drifted apart over the years this comic has run. Admittedly its hard to be sure since a single day can last for weeks worth of strips, so maybe its not that bad.

Marnath
2014-01-30, 02:14 PM
Im ashamed to admit it took me awhile to recognize steve. Its been awhile. Seriously, I know there are a lot of characters, but it seems like they have really drifted apart over the years this comic has run. Admittedly its hard to be sure since a single day can last for weeks worth of strips, so maybe its not that bad.

On the other side of that is times when they skip most of a year from one update to the next, like when Dora grew her hair out and let her natural blond hair come in.

Benthesquid
2014-01-30, 07:30 PM

Steve's definitely not as big a part of Marten's life as he once was, but more than when he was off with the USDKYA.

Lamech
2014-01-30, 11:45 PM
Her name is D. Its a single letter. How could you forget a one word name? Damnit Marken.

Loreweaver15
2014-01-31, 01:16 AM
Oh come on Marten I was just calling her a douche for forgetting your name

The Glyphstone
2014-01-31, 01:22 AM
Delilah, apparently. We actually did get introduced to her, I wasn't sure if her name was ever actually given to us (that would fit Jeph's humor just to set up today's joke).

John Campbell
2014-01-31, 01:53 AM

It's not exactly Jeph's issue. Apparently one of the recent strips with Dora and Tai in bed was originally drawn with Dora showing nip, but then Jeph realized that it violated his ad service's ToS and covered it up with a speech bubble before posting.

Rodin
2014-01-31, 03:01 AM
It's not exactly Jeph's issue. Apparently one of the recent strips with Dora and Tai in bed was originally drawn with Dora showing nip, but then Jeph realized that it violated his ad service's ToS and covered it up with a speech bubble before posting.

As someone who often reads the comic at work (especially since that's where I am when the comic updates sometimes), the self-censorship is greatly appreciated. Some of the stuff already is borderline (typically Faye, for whatever reason), but regular outright nudity would restrict my reading of the comic considerably.

Kato
2014-01-31, 04:28 AM
As someone who often reads the comic at work (especially since that's where I am when the comic updates sometimes), the self-censorship is greatly appreciated. Some of the stuff already is borderline (typically Faye, for whatever reason), but regular outright nudity would restrict my reading of the comic considerably.

Because Faye is the hottest chick in the cast? :smalltongue:

Urgh, Marten... How could you?! (To be honest I once wasn't sure whether my lover's name was Sissi or Lissi after our first make out so I probably should shut p as well :smallredface:)

The Glyphstone
2014-01-31, 11:01 AM

I guess I wasn't clear enough. Stuff like covering up via bubbles/arms/cats (which was hilarious) wasn't part of what I considered a 'prude streak'...that's just sensible censorship for stuff like keeping his ad revenue, like you mentioned. But every so often he does something weird like the morning-after underwear...and then 2 comics later, we have an almost-nude Cosette.:smallcool:

Lamech
2014-01-31, 12:00 PM
Delilah, apparently. We actually did get introduced to her, I wasn't sure if her name was ever actually given to us (that would fit Jeph's humor just to set up today's joke).
I THOUGHT that was her name, but I couldn't find the comic where that was stated. Umm... where was it stated?
Edit: Found it! (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2617) Not sure how I missed that when I was looking for it...

Morquard
2014-02-03, 09:07 AM
I have to admit Cosette's reaction is better than I thought it would be. I thought Jeph would be capable of of having his character be all "Oh my god, you man-pig, how can you sleep with her and not know her name. You make me sick!"

But yeah it's kinda hypocritical, so she's right about that.

eee
2014-02-03, 09:21 AM
This actually speaks well for Marten. He doesn't just want sex, he wants emotional intimacy. Trouble is, that's a lot harder to get than a one night stand...

Coidzor
2014-02-03, 07:11 PM
This actually speaks well for Marten. He doesn't just want sex, he wants emotional intimacy. Trouble is, that's a lot harder to get than a one night stand...

I thought that was pretty much the problem in the first place, I must admit. Granted, sexual frustration doesn't really help matters either.

Yana
2014-02-03, 10:35 PM
Faultless logic there, Marigold. Make us proud!

Flickerdart
2014-02-03, 10:43 PM
Cut to the panel where a rocket powered roomba smashed through the window.

LordChaos13
2014-02-03, 10:50 PM
Cut to the panel where a rocket powered roomba smashed through the window.

Heh
Marigold sitting like that twitching as Momo talks. Roombas burst in
"Goddamn it Momo look what you did!"

Coidzor
2014-02-03, 11:39 PM
Marigold forgets to go to the bathroom.

Marigold forgets to drink water.

Marigold forgets to eat.

Kato
2014-02-04, 03:42 AM

Marigold forgets to eat.
Meh, only the first is really a problem... A healthy person can easily go ten hours without eating or drinking.

I thought that was pretty much the problem in the first place, I must admit. Granted, sexual frustration doesn't really help matters either.
Both are not that simple... As is often the case, the more you lack one, the more you miss it. (And often: The harder it is to get it)

Cikomyr
2014-02-04, 09:03 AM
I can get 100% behind Marigold.

Who wants to risk something bad happening?!

eee
2014-02-04, 09:58 AM
Is Marigold's acne getting worse or is she sweating?

Agi Hammerthief
2014-02-04, 03:22 PM
just bookmarking

Morph Bark
2014-02-04, 03:26 PM
Meh, only the first is really a problem... A healthy person can easily go ten hours without eating or drinking.

And we've established that her eating patterns aren't exactly healthy, though Momo's interference may have alleviated that somewhat.

Cikomyr
2014-02-05, 12:06 AM
Is Marigold's acne getting worse or is she sweating?

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner!!:smallbiggrin:

sum1won
2014-02-05, 01:39 AM
Anxiety hives. Been there, done that, bought the cover-up, nailed the interview.

Morph Bark
2014-02-05, 03:38 AM
Marigold physically reminds me so much of a girl I used to go to high school with. Same hair, same acne problem, same glasses (when she wore them instead of contacts), same huge rack...

Also just as shy, but to my knowledge not a gamer or website programmer or owner of a tiny Japanese girlbot.

Kato
2014-02-05, 04:45 AM
And we've established that her eating patterns aren't exactly healthy, though Momo's interference may have alleviated that somewhat.
Well, healthy as in "not terribly underfed". Even though Marigold's diet may not be the most balanced she should easily be able to go ten hours without eating or drinking.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner!!:smallbiggrin:
Yeah, someone was pretty observant there.
I never noticed myself getting anxiety acne or anything like that but maybe that's because I get terribly anxious on an almost daily basis and wouldn't notice the difference...

Marigold physically reminds me so much of a girl I used to go to high school with. Same hair, same acne problem, same glasses (when she wore them instead of contacts), same huge rack...

Also just as shy, but to my knowledge not a gamer or website programmer or owner of a tiny Japanese girlbot.
Curses, I would have asked where she got it from :smallamused:
But I guess while Marigold is quite stereotypical it's not an entirely uncommon type of person. (Then again, I can't recall anyone who really fits her from my experience.)

Cikomyr
2014-02-06, 08:07 AM
...meh

I've had worse date

eee
2014-02-06, 09:01 AM
Be a gentleman, Dale! As if you could be anything else. Wrap her up in a blanket and spend the night watching anime with her on the couch until she sobers up. With Momo standing guard as chaperone...

Cikomyr
2014-02-06, 09:05 AM
Be a gentleman, Dale! As if you could be anything else. Wrap her up in a blanket and spend the night watching anime with her on the couch until she sobers up. With Momo standing guard as chaperone...

Hold her hair if she starts to throw up. If you can't win the label "hawt", settle for "trustworthy"

Starbuck_II
2014-02-06, 12:33 PM

Marigold forgets to eat.
Think Pokémon:
Marigold learns date forgets Go Bathroom.
Marigold learns kiss forgets Drink Water
Marigold learns romance forgets Eat Food.

You can only keep 4 moves in Pokémon; something had to give.

LordChaos13
2014-02-06, 12:34 PM
Marigold wants to learn Break Out in Hives? :smallamused:

Coidzor
2014-02-06, 02:29 PM

I think that's just a special ability whenever she gets the stressed out status effect.

Turalisj
2014-02-06, 10:42 PM

Status effect.

Loreweaver15
2014-02-07, 12:21 AM
Oh my god why is she so adorable

Kato
2014-02-07, 03:35 AM
Hold her hair if she starts to throw up. If you can't win the label "hawt", settle for "trustworthy"

Uhm... more like "because it's the right thing to do"-

Though, it seems pretty clear there won't be a date there but just a comfortable evening... (or a trainwreck of a date but...)

Flickerdart
2014-02-07, 09:51 AM
Though, it seems pretty clear there won't be a date
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate :smallmad:

Loreweaver15
2014-02-07, 10:32 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate :smallmad:

help I can't stop laughing

Eurus
2014-02-07, 08:46 PM
I admire her tenacity.

Coidzor
2014-02-07, 09:08 PM
I just have to wonder at her reaction to antihistamines and at how much she's actually taken. :smallconfused:

EnragedFilia
2014-02-07, 09:53 PM
I just have to wonder at her reaction to antihistamines and at how much she's actually taken. :smallconfused:

I would guess that it's "exactly enough to be funny".

Porthos
2014-02-07, 11:07 PM

According to the blurb underneath Thursday's comic, Jeph gets sleepy whenever he takes Benadryl. So he's exaggerating for comic effect.

Probably. :smalltongue:

Loreweaver15
2014-02-10, 01:07 AM
Awwwwwwwwww.

Porthos
2014-02-10, 02:45 AM
Couple of points I saw on Twitter that I more or less agree with.

Yes, Dale, it is a little bit creepy. But not nearly as creepy as the fake gamer-stalker assassin thing you had going on for a while. So... PROGRESS! :smalltongue:

Secondly. Momo is such an enabler. :smalltongue:

---

A bit more seriously, just where this falls on the creepy ----- cute ------ d'awwwwwww scale I will leave for others to judge, as I suspect my opinion wouldn't be the one that counted in this situation. :smallwink:

Flickerdart
2014-02-10, 03:54 AM
To be fair, Marigold insisted on the date, and it's polite to look at your date on a date. The fact that she's asleep is conveniently not covered by the etiquette.

Loreweaver15
2014-02-10, 04:06 AM

Yes, Dale, it is a little bit creepy. But not nearly as creepy as the fake gamer-stalker assassin thing you had going on for a while. So... PROGRESS! :smalltongue:

---

A bit more seriously, just where this falls on the creepy ----- cute ------ d'awwwwwww scale I will leave for others to judge, as I suspect my opinion wouldn't be the one that counted in this situation. :smallwink:

That he realized it was weird and backpedals turns it from creepy to awkward but endearing.

Kato
2014-02-10, 04:07 AM
I'm probably a poor person to judge as I quite enjoy looking at a sleeping woman when we are in bed together.. Then again, the situation is kind of different but I really don't see much of a problem with it. Though, with Momo there I guess it would be more reasonable to leave and try another time(?).

sidenote: I didn't know Momo could blush. Did she do it before?

dogmac
2014-02-10, 04:52 AM
Dale, Dale, it's only really creepy if you're a vampire.

You're NOT a vampire, are you? I mean, no Dr McNinja crossovers happening, one hopes...

SaintRidley
2014-02-10, 08:39 AM

---

And no etiquette guide in the world can tell us where on the scale chaperoned looking at your unconscious date falls.

I do know it falls squarely on the bizarre end of the normal ----- bizarre scale.

Yuki Akuma
2014-02-10, 09:07 AM
We already know Momo watches Marigold sleep all night, every night. It was only natural Momo wouldn't find it creepy.

The Glyphstone
2014-02-10, 11:01 AM
And here I was thinking the energy drinks were to wake Marigold up, so that it wouldn't be creepy for Dale to watch her. Not for Dale to watch her more.

Cikomyr
2014-02-10, 11:02 AM
And here I was thinking the energy drinks were to wake Marigold up, so that it wouldn't be creepy for Dale to watch her. Not for Dale to watch her more.

There is only one way to know for sure!! :smallfurious:

Wait until' tomorrow :smallamused:

Morquard
2014-02-10, 11:23 AM
Why is Momo yelling all of a sudden?

I actually don't think she is, but I noticed that a lot lately in QC, people want to get a point across and suddenly they talk in upper case, which seems a lot like yelling, but is probably only meant to emphasize a forceful tone or so. Though an exclamation mark at the end of the sentence would probably do the same thing better.

Porthos
2014-02-10, 01:57 PM
Why is Momo yelling all of a sudden?

I actually don't think she is, but I noticed that a lot lately in QC, people want to get a point across and suddenly they talk in upper case, which seems a lot like yelling, but is probably only meant to emphasize a forceful tone or so. Though an exclamation mark at the end of the sentence would probably do the same thing better.

In the case of Momo (and some other QC characters, come to think of it), for some reason I've interpreted it as her speaking quickly. I think the flushing of the cheeks helps sell it to me.

Knaight
2014-02-10, 04:45 PM

On the other hand, they just put here there to get some sleep.

Also, I'm putting this on the creepy end of the creepy---daaaaw scale*.

*Which I'm not entirely convinced is a valid scale to begin with

Cikomyr
2014-02-11, 12:00 AM
System Crash
Re-initializing operating system

If this problem persists, contact your service provider

The Glyphstone
2014-02-11, 12:10 AM
Calling it now. The next two or three comics will be full of double entendres/innuendo as Dale and Momo try to make idle conversation inadvertently imply that Marigold and Dale ended up sleeping together.

Porthos
2014-02-11, 12:17 AM
Ok, that look on Marigold's face in the last panel was utterly priceless.

Momo's look was a close second.

I approve of this strip. :smallsmile:

Kato
2014-02-11, 04:38 AM
Calling it now. The next two or three comics will be full of double entendres/innuendo as Dale and Momo try to make idle conversation inadvertently imply that Marigold and Dale ended up sleeping together.

Nah, I think that wouldn't quite be Jeph's style... maybe one comic. We'll see. :smallbiggrin:

I'm not sure if it was a good idea to let Marigold sleep in that dress, though... purely from a point of a) comfortableness and b) not ruining the dress.

LordChaos13
2014-02-11, 05:34 AM
You want her to wake up in different clothes with Dale saying they are having pancakes?
Obvious conclusion is obvious...and hilarious

Morph Bark
2014-02-11, 07:14 AM
Pancakes! No better start to a day with a confusing night preceding it.

Traab
2014-02-11, 08:16 AM
Oh god, please dont let marigold jump to a bad conclusion. I have a really bad feeling about how this could go. And the worst thing is, I couldnt honestly blame her. She was getting ready for her date, and thats the last thing she really remembers. Now she wakes up in bed with dale in her apartment making breakfast. All she has to do is not consider the fact that momo is there too and wouldnt have let anything bad happen.

Ivrytwr
2014-02-11, 10:18 AM
She picked up pretty quick when Angus and Hanners discussed Marigold's all-nighter.
I think Marigold is just going to be mortified she slept through her date. With Momo's help she is going to realize there was nothing creepy/sleazy in Dale staying. Just pancakes ... mmm.

Kato
2014-02-11, 10:40 AM
Could you please stop talking about pancakes? I'm getting hungry :smallannoyed:

So, assuming this won't result in weird misunderstandings... what are the odds Marigold will freak out about Dale staying the night? (Also, where did Dale sleep? Did he sleep on the couch just to make pancakes in the morning? Seems... weird)

Cikomyr
2014-02-11, 11:04 AM
Could you please stop talking about pancakes? I'm getting hungry :smallannoyed:

So, assuming this won't result in weird misunderstandings... what are the odds Marigold will freak out about Dale staying the night? (Also, where did Dale sleep? Did he sleep on the couch just to make pancakes in the morning? Seems... weird)

What sort of pancakes you wanna stop talking about? The more frenchy-crepes you cook with some bananas and chocolate (like nutella) inside, or the fried pancakes you just make a big pile of and drown in bona-fide maple syrup?

Flickerdart
2014-02-11, 12:05 PM
Calling it now. The next two or three comics will be full of double entendres/innuendo as Dale and Momo try to make idle conversation inadvertently imply that Marigold Momo and Dale ended up sleeping together.
Fixed it for you.

Porthos
2014-02-11, 02:38 PM

My call is that there will be awkwardness at first, but the ice will be broken by Marbear getting upset when she finds out that Dale and Momo stayed up all night watching Magical Love Gentleman without her. :smalltongue:

RationalGoblin
2014-02-11, 05:14 PM
I'm not usually one to say that cartoon characters are adorable, but Marigold is adorable (and perhaps a little cute) in the last panel there.

Eldan
2014-02-11, 05:53 PM
What sort of pancakes you wanna stop talking about? The more frenchy-crepes you cook with some bananas and chocolate (like nutella) inside, or the fried pancakes you just make a big pile of and drown in bona-fide maple syrup?

Personally, I like my pancakes with either honey or Bolognese. Spinach isn't bad either.

Coidzor
2014-02-11, 06:13 PM
Personally, I like my pancakes with either honey or Bolognese. Spinach isn't bad either.

Bolognese? Spinach? ...I can only hope your Bolognese is thinner than the ones I'm familiar with if you're eating it with crepes. And I don't see how that works with any thickness of Bolognese with thicker pankaken. :smallconfused:

Kato
2014-02-12, 06:13 AM
I hate you :smalltongue:

Bolognese? Spinach? ...I can only hope your Bolognese is thinner than the ones I'm familiar with if you're eating it with crepes. And I don't see how that works with any thickness of Bolognese with thicker pankaken. :smallconfused:
Yeah :smalleek: Is that some typical Swiss dish I'm unaware of or just a... uh... peculiar personal favorite?

So... is today's comic suggesting Marigold is dragging Dale into the bedroom to make up for what they missed? Or to talk to him about how s/he did bad last evening?

Loreweaver15
2014-02-12, 08:19 AM
So... is today's comic suggesting Marigold is dragging Dale into the bedroom to make up for what they missed? Or to talk to him about how s/he did bad last evening?

I, uh.

Don't think Marigold is gonna just jump anybody's bones like that.

Cikomyr
2014-02-12, 10:40 AM
Bow chika-bow-wow

eee
2014-02-12, 10:45 AM
Either she's dragging him to her bedroom to force him to have his way with her, or he's heading out the door.

This being Marigold, she might be heading out the door with him so they can have their date. Or she might be about to do something really strange. This being Marigold. :smallamused:

Othniel Edden
2014-02-12, 01:45 PM
Wacky Prediction: She's going to make an alliance character on his server. :smallbiggrin:Thats true love.

Porthos
2014-02-12, 02:43 PM
This could go either way. Dale could be in serious trouble for staying the night while she was zonked out. Or she could be dragging him off so they can have A Talk about where they stand.

One very good sign though. Marigold is taking initiative for once. She's not content to be led around the nose or let her at times crippling anxieties stop her from doing thing.

Whether Dale survives this breakthrough remains to be seen. :smalltongue:

Macha
2014-02-13, 12:06 AM
New comic is up.

...Did she jump his bones?

Muenster Man
2014-02-13, 12:22 AM
Good for them :smallsmile:

TrinityGrace
2014-02-13, 12:32 AM
New comic is up.

...Did she jump his bones?

I hope so, because any other explanation is really weird. Did not expect that...

Porthos
2014-02-13, 12:34 AM
Well then.

The Glyphstone
2014-02-13, 12:36 AM
That was....unexpected.

Porthos
2014-02-13, 12:41 AM
That was....unexpected.

I sorta halfway entertained it as a possiblity yesterday. But then went, naaaaah.

Still, good for Marbear (and Dale). She finally went ahead and siezed the initiative. And it's not like they hadn't been out on a date before. :smallamused:

I just hope and pray we don't have the Crippling Second Thoughts mini-arc. Coz that would be unfun.

Antonok
2014-02-13, 01:18 AM
So.... the secret to getting a girl to jump you is to make pancakes?

Why has this been a secret for so long?!?

Porthos
2014-02-13, 02:10 AM
The only potential red flag I see here is Marigold's expression as she walks in front of Momo.

It's.... odd. Stuidous? Serious? Determined (still? :smallconfused:)? "In the zone"? Hard to describe. And Jeph usually is pretty good with having character expressions on faces, so...

Dunno. Probably nothing. But still worth pointing out.

Kato
2014-02-13, 05:13 AM
Well, I think I'll have to agrre with most of the above. Unexpected but good for them :smallbiggrin: (I think)

The only potential red flag I see here is Marigold's expression as she walks in front of Momo.

It's.... odd. Stuidous? Serious? Determined (still? :smallconfused:)? "In the zone"? Hard to describe. And Jeph usually is pretty good with having character expressions on faces, so...

I think it's expressionless because she's at least a bit embarrassed about it and tries not to let it show? (Or she doesn't want to show Momo her "we're going to do naughty, naughty things" face :smalltongue:
Sidenote: While I'm curious about playing with food I'm kind of too afraid it would cause a giant mess.

Morph Bark
2014-02-13, 05:38 AM

Few men wake up in the morning and think "pancakes, yeah" right away.

Dale had the luck that he didn't wake up that morning.

Radar
2014-02-13, 09:01 AM
Sidenote: While I'm curious about playing with food I'm kind of too afraid it would cause a giant mess.
When there's a problem, there's an answer: expendable or easily washable bed sheets. In general I think it won't be much messier then for example an oil massage.

Cikomyr
2014-02-13, 10:09 AM
When there's a problem, there's an answer: expendable or easily washable bed sheets. In general I think it won't be much messier then for example an oil massage.

Or chocolate syrup

Coidzor
2014-02-13, 01:48 PM
Really, the only problem with spilling food in bed is the potential for stains.

Which is often less than the problem of getting nosebleeds in the middle of the night.

So many pillowcases ruined from waking up covered in blood...

Edit: Ok, well, some things, like... taffy that hasn't set yet, or something similarly super-sticky which will harden into something that has to be chiseled up might present something more complicated to deal with. I can't actually think of any examples that wouldn't require cooking in bed or something though.

The Glyphstone
2014-02-13, 01:56 PM
That's probably her 'don't freak out, don't freak out, don't freak out' face. Seeing as how this is Marigold, the odds are extremely high she just lost her virginity, and seeing as how this is Marigold, her being Martin-level blase about something like that would be ridiculously out of character even if she is taking charge for once.

Antonok
2014-02-13, 01:59 PM
Edit: Ok, well, some things, like... taffy that hasn't set yet, or something similarly super-sticky which will harden into something that has to be chiseled up might present something more complicated to deal with. I can't actually think of any examples that wouldn't require cooking in bed or something though.

Liquids can pose a bit more of a problem. They soak thru the sheets and down into the padding and then you have the possibility of it molding. Steam cleaning doesn't do much to stop it either.

Radar
2014-02-13, 04:33 PM
Liquids can pose a bit more of a problem. They soak thru the sheets and down into the padding and then you have the possibility of it molding. Steam cleaning doesn't do much to stop it either.
Hint: there are bed sheet, which don't soak through. They are usualy used due to medical issues, but there is no reason not to employ them in other situations. You can even use a regular bed sheet on top of it for comfort and all that.

stsasser
2014-02-13, 09:44 PM

Hungryyyyy

Cikomyr
2014-02-13, 10:18 PM
Now that's a question for the ages

Should you remain prude in front of your companion robot, or it's like getting nekkid in front of a pet?

(Pintsize doesn't count)

The Glyphstone
2014-02-13, 10:50 PM
We won't find out until Monday. Because Jeph is a butt.

memnarch
2014-02-13, 10:51 PM

And this is news to us? :smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2014-02-13, 10:54 PM
And this is news to us? :smalltongue:

The first part might be, depending on if you'd checked for an update yet.:smallbiggrin:

Yana
2014-02-14, 12:22 AM
Can we just feed Marten to an allosaurus already?

John Campbell
2014-02-14, 02:15 AM

I didn't think it was a secret. It's just that it's tricky to be in position to make her breakfast if she hasn't already jumped you.

Kato
2014-02-14, 04:45 AM

Should you remain prude in front of your companion robot, or it's like getting nekkid in front of a pet?

(Pintsize doesn't count)
Well, obviously in case of Pintsize the answer is "god no, don't do it, for the love of all that is good in this world". Otherwise... I guess it would feel a bit more awkward inf front of Momo than e.g. in case of Winslow but... it's kind of personal preference. And maybe something you should take about with him/her beforehand.

If we ever find out. :smalltongue:

Though, I'm curious if Jeph based this on a personal experience or not...

Traab
2014-02-14, 08:45 AM
At least now we know why marigold isnt freaking out. Because its marten depression week. We have to focus on him crying over how much it sucks not having a girlfriend that cares about you and who you care about and how empty meaningless sex feels. Its like listening to a subtle abstinence ad, with humor.

Spuddles
2014-02-14, 01:41 PM
I've been following this comic for years, and I've really grown to hate almost every character. Every year they seem to grow more unbearable. At first it was Faye but by now it's almost the whole cast.

Maybe because there isnt any character growth? I dunno, has anyone else experienced this?

Shogo
2014-02-14, 02:39 PM
I'm certainly getting sick of Marten's whining and moping.

Agi Hammerthief
2014-02-14, 04:47 PM
I've been following this comic for years, and I've really grown to hate almost every character. Every year they seem to grow more unbearable. At first it was Faye but by now it's almost the whole cast.

Maybe because there isnt any character growth? I dunno, has anyone else experienced this?
welcome to the real world, is all I can say to that.

Coidzor
2014-02-14, 06:53 PM

(Pintsize doesn't count)

I don't think it's really quite *prudery* to not want to be naked in front of another sophont without cause. :smalltongue:

Kato
2014-02-15, 04:55 AM

I would ask why you keep following the comic then but I recall there are just a lot of people who love following bad stuff just to complain about it...

Well, usually I'm much more interested in the humor when I follow a story (at least a story like that) but there's definitely character growth at least for a few people... Hanners, Marbear, a while ago somewhat for Faye...
Although, in general, I think character growth is overrated. Not everybody needs to change for a story to work. Some people are just the way they are and they are fine with it. (Well, Marten is not fine with how he is himself but still)

Clistenes
2014-02-15, 12:44 PM

Faye looked at the beginning like that kind of character who is a jerk but when you get close to her she happens to be a kind and nice person to her friends...only that, in Faye's case, she's a jerk but when you get close to her she happens to be a jerk to her friends too. But it's OK, because her friends apparently like that. And she acts as if she were awesome and had the right to treat everybody like crap.

I think that Hanners and Momo are quite likeable, and they are growing and evolving. I like Dale too.

Samantha and Raven are funny. I kind of like Cosette and Penelope too.

Marten is kind of meh...the guy is kind of nice, yes, but only because he's polite and never does anything out of malice...he doesn't really does anything too look him up for. I'm quite neutral to him, he's background.

Dora started as super-cool awesomepants perfect girlfriend, and was later downgraded to normal messed human being (which is in fact, cool). I'm quite neutral to her too.

I strongly dislike Clinton, and I'm neutral to Claire, Emily and Tai.

Spuddles
2014-02-15, 04:57 PM
I would ask why you keep following the comic then but I recall there are just a lot of people who love following bad stuff just to complain about it...

Well, usually I'm much more interested in the humor when I follow a story (at least a story like that) but there's definitely character growth at least for a few people... Hanners, Marbear, a while ago somewhat for Faye...
Although, in general, I think character growth is overrated. Not everybody needs to change for a story to work. Some people are just the way they are and they are fine with it. (Well, Marten is not fine with how he is himself but still)

I think I've been following the comic for ten years, or very close to that long. It's not a bad comic, it's just populated by ****ty people.

Ive followed OotS for a similar period of time, and it wasnt until really recently when I started going back through old story arcs that I realized just how awesome of a writer the Giant is. There's been real character development. And an overarching plot, too, which maybe helps.

QC the characters arent going anywhere in their own lives and they arent going anywhere in their relationships. Ten years of it and I've sort of realized the point of the comic, I guess. I used to think it was funny, 4 panels and a gag, or a week story arc and whacky hijinks. But looking back on a decade of these people's lives, it's almost a tragedy. Which would be unfair to call someone's mediocre life a tragedy, but christ it's like they're still 20.

I guess you could say the same about Peanuts or the Simpsons, though.

EnragedFilia
2014-02-15, 05:43 PM

Or Seinfeld. Or Friends for the first half of the run (I wouldn't know about the second half since I didn't watch much of it from after 1999). Or Doonesbury before the musical. Or pretty much any webcomic that doesn't have much in the way of plot continuity. The reason why it's more noticeable than usual here is because this is a combination gag-a-day and character-driven strip, which means it can get away with the minimal standards of continuity common to comedy-based comics while also introducing some measure of continuity as fast or as slowly as it cares to. And that's why some characters develop while others just disappear for years on end and reappear completely unchanged. And why Marten's entire life gets to be a punchline.

Spuddles
2014-02-15, 06:55 PM
Or Seinfeld. Or Friends for the first half of the run (I wouldn't know about the second half since I didn't watch much of it from after 1999). Or Doonesbury before the musical. Or pretty much any webcomic that doesn't have much in the way of plot continuity. The reason why it's more noticeable than usual here is because this is a combination gag-a-day and character-driven strip, which means it can get away with the minimal standards of continuity common to comedy-based comics while also introducing some measure of continuity as fast or as slowly as it cares to. And that's why some characters develop while others just disappear for years on end and reappear completely unchanged. And why Marten's entire life gets to be a punchline.

That does really well in summing it up, thanks.

This latest arc just really makes stuff seem like a tragedy. Not in the immediate way of Marten's bitching, but after ten years, he's still a bitch. Poor guy :(

The Glyphstone
2014-02-16, 01:47 AM
QC the characters arent going anywhere in their own lives and they arent going anywhere in their relationships. Ten years of it and I've sort of realized the point of the comic, I guess. I used to think it was funny, 4 panels and a gag, or a week story arc and whacky hijinks. But looking back on a decade of these people's lives, it's almost a tragedy. Which would be unfair to call someone's mediocre life a tragedy, but christ it's like they're still 20.

How old are they, anyways? It's been 10 years, but only like, a year or 2 in-comic, maybe less. They're all in their mid-to-late 20's as far as I can tell except for Sven.

Blackdrop
2014-02-16, 10:11 AM
I THINK at the start of the comic Marten and Faye were 21/22 while Dora was 25 or so. And Hanners had her, I wanna say, 22 birthday during the comic, when Sven and Faye hooked up initially.

Spuddles
2014-02-16, 10:46 AM
How old are they, anyways? It's been 10 years, but only like, a year or 2 in-comic, maybe less. They're all in their mid-to-late 20's as far as I can tell except for Sven.

That's a good point. It's been almost a day-to-day play of their life, hasnt it? Like a week of comics covers 24hrs of the QC universe.

Traab
2014-02-16, 02:35 PM
That's a good point. It's been almost a day-to-day play of their life, hasnt it? Like a week of comics covers 24hrs of the QC universe.

Nothing that even. You could have a couple weeks worth of updates to cover a single party. You also got some time skips here and there, though not huge ones or anything. Im sure if you tried hard enough you could figure out some sort of timeline, or be lazy and ask jeph.

Porthos
2014-02-17, 01:26 AM
Turns out that Jeph had a reason to show Mopey Marten on Friday. So I'll give him a pass. :smallamused:

Marten even got a bit of self-realization out of it, so win-win

============================
Edited so to not Double Post:

I'd completely forgotten about the way Hannalore acted the last time Marigold had some luck with the opposite sex. (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2164) Or, indeed, when she decided to be the Town Crier in regards to that occurance (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2166). :smallamused:

Should be interesting to see how Hanners reacts this time. Though I suppose it might just depend on who she hears the news from. :smalltongue:

Kato
2014-02-17, 07:04 AM
Should be interesting to see how Hanners reacts this time. Though I suppose it might just depend on who she hears the news from. :smalltongue:

Well, she might explode from... not sure what to call this. :smallbiggrin:
Anyway, Dale, if you think that's the best day of your life just wait until you start doing the really fun stuff. (Though, starting out with maple syrup I guess it was quite a bit more interesting than most first times)

Traab
2014-02-17, 08:14 AM
Back to the topiv of time passing. This (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2192) was apparently months since he and faye broke it off. I didnt feel like tracking down their breakup date, but if someone does we can at least see how much went on in between.

Cikomyr
2014-02-17, 09:03 AM
I know it's store policy to use the Hose if he doesn't calm down

Coidzor
2014-02-17, 12:19 PM
I think they may just use his powers of flight and/or levitation to get things off of high shelves.

Macha
2014-02-17, 10:42 PM
I guess he knows Marigold's turn-on... pancakes? :smallbiggrin:

Kato
2014-02-18, 07:21 AM
I think they may just use his powers of flight and/or levitation to get things off of high shelves.

I'm afraid those only work when he got just laid... which would make for some weird situations in the shop...

I'm not quite sure if I'm entirely comfortable with the "casual sex makes you miserable, relation ship sex makes you happy" message, intended or not. Not to promote random casual sex but... Or it's not about casual sex but about Marten being Marten.

dogmac
2014-02-18, 07:53 AM
You've got to remember that it was also Dale losing his virginity. No wonder he is happy.

dogmac
2014-02-18, 08:03 AM
(in case anyone is wondering how I knew that..)

Sometimes you just know (http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2567)

And, frankly, that is the way it should go, with someone you really like and have for a while

The Glyphstone
2014-02-18, 02:53 PM
You've got to remember that it was also Dale losing his virginity. No wonder he is happy.

That is a good point. Milestones for everyone!

Lamech
2014-02-18, 11:18 PM
Did marigold have an art change? I swear she had an art change. Her hair is less frazzled, but I think there's more...

Cikomyr
2014-02-18, 11:56 PM
Daaamn. It took me 9 years after my first date to score with my girlfriend. :smalleek:

Connington
2014-02-19, 12:28 AM
I'm not quite sure if I'm entirely comfortable with the "casual sex makes you miserable, relation ship sex makes you happy" message, intended or not. Not to promote random casual sex but... Or it's not about casual sex but about Marten being Marten.

Little of column A, little of Column B.

Marten is definitely shown to be whining about something that he could totally see in a positive light if he wanted to. But the vast majority of QC's characters are either in a monogamous relationship or celibate.

The four exceptions that come to mind are (were) Sven, Veronica Reed, Tai, and Raven. Sven gets mocked by the other characters for his promiscuity and his character development is explicitly tied to a recent celibate stint, Mrs. Reed had a minor meltdown at her husband's second marriage over the fact that she's not in a meaningful relationship, Tai was shown as finding her poly lifestyle fun but unfulfilling, and is obviously in a monogamous relationship now, and Raven's boy-craziness hasn't been portrayed negatively, but it's not like she's ever slipped out of humor mode.

Flickerdart
2014-02-19, 01:27 AM
Daaamn. It took me 9 years after my first date to score with my girlfriend. :smalleek:
Did you try pancakes?

Discus-Spinner
2014-02-19, 03:39 AM
Did marigold have an art change? I swear she had an art change. Her hair is less frazzled, but I think there's more...
I think that the post-shower hair has a lot to do with it, but also, well, she normally looks permanently a bit stressed and slightly sweaty, sometimes with hives. Despite her worries about being thought a slut, I think that she's a bit more relaxed here than usual, and it suits her. Plus, she's not wearing glasses, which she normally somehow manages to huddle behind.

Though the artist may have unconsciously changed her appearance a little in the process of bringing that out. I couldn't swear that her nose hasn't shrunk slightly, or that her features haven't got a little more delicate.

Kato
2014-02-19, 04:26 AM
Don't you know losing your virginity instantly makes you more attractive? This is the main reason people want to have sex in the first place :smalltongue:
But in all seriousness, while I guess there might be small artistic changes I guess a big part comes down to the after shower hair (which imo looks much better on her)

The four exceptions that come to mind are (were) Sven, Veronica Reed, Tai, and Raven. Sven gets mocked by the other characters for his promiscuity and his character development is explicitly tied to a recent celibate stint, Mrs. Reed had a minor meltdown at her husband's second marriage over the fact that she's not in a meaningful relationship, Tai was shown as finding her poly lifestyle fun but unfulfilling, and is obviously in a monogamous relationship now, and Raven's boy-craziness hasn't been portrayed negatively, but it's not like she's ever slipped out of humor mode.
Well, I don't think there ever was a larger than average boy craziness about Raven but from that point of view it seems like Jeph does seem to have a tendency against casual sex, even if e.g. Tai's past wasn't potrayed in the same negative light as Sven's. (Or there ever was any negative attitude towards Veronica's career itself)

Glass Mouse
2014-02-19, 05:32 AM
Well, I don't think there ever was a larger than average boy craziness about Raven (...)

Maybe I'm the weird one, but the little black book (http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1116) does seem unusually... boy-dedicated to me :smallwink:

This discussion is pretty interesting, because I'm sure Jeph's heart is in the right place, but it might just be the author's personal preference shining through. After all, he made sure to make an "Every orientation/prereference is cool" PSA during the Tai storyline when he realized that people misunderstood.
But yeah, for both Sven,Veronica, Tai and even Steve, casual sex ultimately ends up unfulfilling and something to grow out of.

Man, now I miss Raven.

Discus-Spinner
2014-02-19, 05:55 AM
Arguably, the point is that random promiscuity doesn't suit everyone (as Marten has just found out), and characters who just fall into that pattern, for whatever reason (like "it's easier" or for boasting purposes), may find that they're not enjoying it. Equally, some people for whom it works at one point in their lives may find at other points that they're more comfortable being monogamous. Though the question then would be how many people switch the other way with equal comfort.

Or, author bias. Whatevs.

Incidentally, did anyone else notice in the latest strip that Marigold's phrasing was a classic example of a question expecting the answer "No"? It looks to me that she just wanted a bit of reassurance (and to make sure that she hadn't shocked Momo). The old Marigold would have been "Oh my god oh my god I'm a total slut and I'll never see Dale again".

Cikomyr
2014-02-19, 08:03 AM
Did you try pancakes?

You have no idea

Morph Bark
2014-02-19, 10:55 AM
I am constantly reminded of how much Marigold looks like one of my old classmates.

I wonder how she's doing these days.

Starbuck_II
2014-02-19, 11:37 AM
Marigold, this is the second date. If it was the first date, then she'd be as slut, don't lie Momo.

Discus-Spinner
2014-02-19, 11:53 AM
Marigold, this is the second date.
I don't know why they didn't count Anime Night as a date, but they didn't. Possibly because they stayed in rather than going out anywhere. But then, they stayed in on this occasion too. So it was arguably a zeroth date.

Prediction for next scene; Momo, reminded about questions of personal responsibility, asks about precautions taken. Marigold blushes a lot and umms and ahs. Next frame is Momo dragging Marigold to a clinic while lecturing her like a mother on speed.

Coidzor
2014-02-19, 12:49 PM
Though the question then would be how many people switch the other way with equal comfort.

That's probably impossible to pull off without looking incredibly contrived, considering what would be necessary.

(Or there ever was any negative attitude towards Veronica's career itself)

The only negative I can recall is the quasi-canon interpretation that it's the reason why Marten is such a lilly-livered shadow of a man.

I don't know why they didn't count Anime Night as a date, but they didn't. Possibly because they stayed in rather than going out anywhere. But then, they stayed in on this occasion too. So it was arguably a zeroth date.

Virgins and other neophytes tend to have very rigid ideas as to what constitutes a date and that it has to be formally outlined as such in order to count ever.

PhallicWarrior
2014-02-19, 01:10 PM
Dammit, Jeph. Every time you start working out the psychological kinks of your female characters you have to bring in a new one to keep from getting bored with them. THIS IS WHY YOUR CAST IS SO UNREASONABLY LARGE.

And honestly, this applies to male characters as well. When was the last time we saw Wil and Penny, for example? The main reason Marten doesn't get to be happy is that if he gets to be happy and stay he's basically lost the drama engine that made him central to the comic's earlier period. Poor guy. His reason for being is angst.

Kato
2014-02-19, 01:55 PM
Incidentally, did anyone else notice in the latest strip that Marigold's phrasing was a classic example of a question expecting the answer "No"? It looks to me that she just wanted a bit of reassurance (and to make sure that she hadn't shocked Momo). The old Marigold would have been "Oh my god oh my god I'm a total slut and I'll never see Dale again".
Maybe a little bit but I wouldn't say that the other variant would have been her definitive response before.. Then again, I really don't get why Jeph even had to bring it up. Do we need to define when you are a slut now? You are not a slut if he made you pancakes? You are not a slut if you really like him? You are not a slut if it's only technically the first date? You are not a slut if you use maple syrup? :smallannoyed: Sorry, I'm taking things too serious again.

And honestly, this applies to male characters as well. When was the last time we saw Wil and Penny, for example? The main reason Marten doesn't get to be happy is that if he gets to be happy and stay he's basically lost the drama engine that made him central to the comic's earlier period. Poor guy. His reason for being is angst.
While I see your point... who would want to see a group of perfectly normal, well adjusted beings go about their everyday life? :smalltongue:

Discus-Spinner
2014-02-19, 07:36 PM
Maybe a little bit but I wouldn't say that the other variant would have been her definitive response before.. Then again, I really don't get why Jeph even had to bring it up. Do we need to define when you are a slut now?
I don't think this is about whether or not anyone is really a "slut". We know that the answer to that is "No". It's about Marigold still being a bit insecure, and phrasing that in stock terms, but getting over it pretty well with a bit of reassurance from Momo. (Even Marigold could have filled in that answer for herself if Momo hadn't been there. She just needed to hear someone say it.) And it's also about setting up that gag about Dale looking concussed, which was probably the real point of the strip.

Cikomyr
2014-02-19, 09:17 PM
Dammit, Jeph. Every time you start working out the psychological kinks of your female characters you have to bring in a new one to keep from getting bored with them. THIS IS WHY YOUR CAST IS SO UNREASONABLY LARGE.

But.. but...

moar cast means moar shipping possibilities!!

Cikomyr
2014-02-20, 12:04 AM
Okay. I like this joke.

does that makes me a bad person?

mucat
2014-02-20, 12:13 AM
Claire, that was horrible!

No, I'm not just mad that it took me so long to get the joke. Why do you ask?

Coidzor
2014-02-20, 01:40 AM
More groan-worthy than a pun.

Kind of impressive, actually.

Kato
2014-02-20, 04:49 AM
Yeah, pretty terrible pun but... I grinned :smallbiggrin: Then again, it's not hard to make me laugh.

pasko77
2014-02-20, 05:08 AM
I facepalmed on faye's book.

Starbuck_II
2014-02-20, 05:59 AM
More groan-worthy than a pun.

Kind of impressive, actually.

Now I totally want to carry Sticky Pads and like people's books.

Marnath
2014-02-20, 08:00 AM
Now I totally want to carry Sticky Pads and like people's books.

It only really works if they're named Faye, though.

Corneel
2014-02-20, 08:49 AM

Or May (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0739.html). :smallsmile:

Yuki Akuma
2014-02-20, 11:31 AM
Oh God. Claire. She is the best character in this webcomic.

Felius
2014-02-20, 11:33 AM
That was absolutely terrible! I kinda want to carry around sticky notes now. :smalltongue:

Porthos
2014-02-20, 02:15 PM

People named "Faith" would work as well. :smalltongue:

Loreweaver15
2014-02-20, 03:45 PM
Gah, those links just served to remind me that Hannelore is far and away the most compelling character in the comic.

Cikomyr
2014-02-20, 05:07 PM
Gah, those links just served to remind me that Hannelore is far and away the most compelling character in the comic.

Links? :smallconfused:

Landis963
2014-02-23, 10:48 PM
New Comic.

Don't tell me you guys wouldn't do it too.

Porthos
2014-02-23, 11:40 PM
Well, I suppose this is better than the time Pintsize tried to cheer Martin up (and, no, I'm not linking to it). :smallyuk:

Maybe he figured if that didn't work, something more along the lines of an intervention would. :smallamused:

Loreweaver15
2014-02-24, 06:26 AM
Links? :smallconfused:

These links:

Turns out that Jeph had a reason to show Mopey Marten on Friday. So I'll give him a pass. :smallamused:

Marten even got a bit of self-realization out of it, so win-win

Edited so to not Double Post:

I'd completely forgotten about the way Hannalore acted the last time Marigold had some luck with the opposite sex. (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2164) Or, indeed, when she decided to be the Town Crier in regards to that occurance (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2166). :smallamused:

And I have to say, haven't laughed out loud at a QC comic like this in ages.

Porthos
2014-02-24, 11:07 PM
Sometimes Hanners' dialogue just writes itself. :smalltongue:

Marnath
2014-02-25, 08:14 AM
Sometimes Hanners' dialogue just writes itself. :smalltongue:

"Sometimes?" :smallwink:

Blackdrop
2014-02-25, 08:47 AM
Man doing an archive troll and I forgot how doofy Dale's hair was at first (http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1640)

Porthos
2014-02-25, 12:08 PM
"Sometimes?" :smallwink:

I dunno. I think this (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1753) was slightly unexpected the first time it showed up! :smalleek: :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2014-02-25, 12:21 PM
"Then Hannelore died, RIP Hanners"

Best news post in a while.

Morph Bark
2014-02-26, 04:14 AM
Yeah, reaally SHOULD have practiced on something.

Radar
2014-02-26, 05:24 AM
Yeah, reaally SHOULD have practiced on something.
To be quite honest, it looked as a spontaneous thing, so I'm at least glad they were prepared for the occasion. Besides, she can practice on the real thing. :smalltongue:

Traab
2014-02-26, 08:47 AM
To be quite honest, it looked as a spontaneous thing, so I'm at least glad they were prepared for the occasion. Besides, she can practice on the real thing. :smalltongue:

It being a spontaneous thing makes it kinda creepy to me. Thats a LOT of spares to be carting around "just in case"

Cikomyr
2014-02-26, 09:02 AM
Rule 1 of living by yourself: have a box of condom around. Always. It's better to not need one and have it than need one and not have it.

Radar
2014-02-26, 09:21 AM
It being a spontaneous thing makes it kinda creepy to me. Thats a LOT of spares to be carting around "just in case"
You pretty much never buy a single one - those products come in packets. Besides, it's not as many as it would seem considering that you do have to account for the possible application problems and a lot of people might want to have at it more then once during a single encounter.

Kato
2014-02-26, 09:33 AM
You pretty much never buy a single one - those products come in packets. Besides, it's not as many as it would seem considering that you do have to account for the possible application problems and a lot of people might want to have at it more then once during a single encounter.

While I do agree buying a single condom seems like a rare occurrence I would put the amount used up more to the hard time Marigold had to apply it then the number of times they went at it... Unless Dale is considerably more enduring than one would expect. On the other hand I guess this kind of thing is hard to estimate..

Cikomyr
2014-02-26, 09:39 AM
Oh my. I just realized there's most likely blood on those sheets as well. Man, Hannelore has gone so far

Ibrinar
2014-02-26, 10:12 AM
Oh my. I just realized there's most likely blood on those sheets as well. Man, Hannelore has gone so far

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/one_bloody_mess_myths_realities_of_bleeding_with_f irst_intercourse Web pages aren't always reliable info, but I haven't really found (in a brief search) any data supporting bleeding happening in the majority of first intercourses. A proper study would be nice, but I think most likely might be an overstatement.
Not that that would make here feel better if she thought about it.^^

eee
2014-02-26, 11:18 AM
Whew. I thought at first Dale had super human endurance. Evidently he's just human.

Psycho Yuffie
2014-02-26, 12:01 PM
If I'm being honest, I don't like the MarigoldxDale pairing. Yeah, I saw it coming since they first introduced Dale, but I still don't think it works. Just because they both played WoW and are nerds doesn't mean they're ideal partners. In my own experience, two introverts dating only leads to disaster. When neither properly communicates their feelings, it leads to bad blood pretty quickly. An introvert needs someone who can bring out their emotions fluidly.

Discus-Spinner
2014-02-26, 12:51 PM
Rule 1 of living by yourself: have a box of condom around. Always. It's better to not need one and have it than need one and not have it.
However, this is Marigold. Who was previously kind of naive, if also hopeful. My bets are (a) Momo got all practically maternal and bought that supply, (b) They raided Angus's room, or (c) Hanners previously supplied them. (Yes, really. Hanners is weird, but weirdly practical, and she's been shipping Marigold with other people for months.)

While I do agree buying a single condom seems like a rare occurrence I would put the amount used up more to the hard time Marigold had to apply it then the number of times they went at it... Unless Dale is considerably more enduring than one would expect. On the other hand I guess this kind of thing is hard to estimate..
It could of course be a combination of explanations; Dale managed a couple of times, and each time involved several fumbling fitting failures.

Ramza00
2014-02-26, 01:04 PM

Momo would have been prepared for her best friend. Marigold is obviously stress/agitated around boys and Dale in particular. Momo is trying to help Marigold with her anxieties, this is her way of showing love and affection to a friend who was there for her.

Momo had plenty of condoms ready for Marigold *head canon*

However, this is Marigold. Who was previously kind of naive, if also hopeful. My bets are (a) Momo got all practically maternal and bought that supply, (b) They raided Angus's room, or (c) Hanners previously supplied them. (Yes, really. Hanners is weird, but weirdly practical, and she's been shipping Marigold with other people for months.)

See I am not the only one who thinks so, so my *head canon* must be true :smallamused:

Traab
2014-02-26, 01:05 PM

The thing is, that until like, last month, marigold was a greasy super shy shut in that had never even kissed a boy, let alone had any prospects for anything else. Also, I was more picturing dale pulling out a pocket full of condoms. I mean, keeping a couple on you is one thing, keeping a half dozen or more? How busy did you expect your night to BE, man?

Blackdrop
2014-02-26, 01:45 PM
Maybe they're Angus' and Marigold just grabbed a few?

Coidzor
2014-02-26, 01:56 PM

Not really. You're supposed to carry 2-3 in case the first one is ripped and you go more than once in the session. If one actually has the kind of setup one is supposed to transport condoms in(for readers at home, this is not a wallet. Do not keep condoms in your wallet. This is a bad plan), then that's 4-6 that fit comfortably inside, depending upon whether one goes with the altoid's tin method or an actual condom holder marketed as such.

Plus, well, Angus does live in that apartment.

Granted, that could just have been the contents of a single package of condoms.

...Aside from a skeevy Men's Restroom (and maybe skeevy Womens' Restrooms), there's not really places to buy singles.

And, yes, that is the explanation Marigold gave just now in the comic.

Partially it depends upon how much time they had.

Vinyadan
2014-02-26, 02:09 PM
The thing is, that until like, last month, marigold was a greasy super shy shut in that had never even kissed a boy, let alone had any prospects for anything else. Also, I was more picturing dale pulling out a pocket full of condoms. I mean, keeping a couple on you is one thing, keeping a half dozen or more? How busy did you expect your night to BE, man?

"Aim for the moon: if you miss, you will still be swimming among the stars" :smallbiggrin:

EnragedFilia
2014-02-26, 03:04 PM

That would also turn this into the setup for a recall gag, when Angus discovers them missing and Marigold can only repeat "they're hard to put on".

Discus-Spinner
2014-02-26, 04:10 PM
I'm kind of expecting a flashback gag to an adolescent-girl-looking robot going into a shop and buying three packs.

Though come to think of it, after Momo's observations of the anime night, their friends regarded this development as just a matter of time. So Faye or someone may have slipped an adequate supply into Dale's pocket.

And for that matter, well, Marigold really has been, not to put too fine a point on it, gagging for it for ages. She may have acquired a stock in a moment of wild-eyed optimism.

Porthos
2014-02-26, 04:13 PM

I know that time can move slowly in QC, but I think it's been than a month since the space station strips.

eee
2014-02-26, 06:10 PM
If I'm being honest, I don't like the MarigoldxDale pairing. Yeah, I saw it coming since they first introduced Dale, but I still don't think it works. Just because they both played WoW and are nerds doesn't mean they're ideal partners. In my own experience, two introverts dating only leads to disaster. When neither properly communicates their feelings, it leads to bad blood pretty quickly. An introvert needs someone who can bring out their emotions fluidly.

An introvert wouldn't have quit his job as a pizza delivery driver while waving sparklers about (I wonder if he was tapdancing, too?). Our look at his life during his time with May suggests he has unexplored depths. Dale has exhibited extreme patience, considerable understanding of psychology, and a tendency to be nice to the people around him and put them at ease. He's just shy about dating. We'll have to see how this works.

I'd be more concerned his numerous jobs won't leave much time for he and Marigold to be together...

Porthos
2014-02-26, 07:31 PM
In fact, I'd go as far as say that Dale is an introvert in only one respect: Dating.

Everywhere else, he's been fairly outgoing and proactive.

Remember the helmet incident? (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2556) Anyone who is willing to intentionally push Faye's buttons like that can't be described as an introvert. :smallamused:

Ibrinar
2014-02-26, 07:40 PM
I think some of you are attributing things to the term introvert which aren't necessarily part of it.
Though yeah shy in regard to dating doesn't have to mean introvert.

Cikomyr
2014-02-26, 07:54 PM
In fact, I'd go as far as say that Dale is an introvert in only one respect: Dating.

Everywhere else, he's been fairly outgoing and proactive.

Remember the helmet incident? (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2556) Anyone who is willing to intentionally push Faye's buttons like that can't be described as an introvert. :smallamused:

Or suicidal. Don't discount that

Traab
2014-02-26, 10:12 PM
Or suicidal. Don't discount that

Well he WAS wearing a helmet.

LordChaos13
2014-02-26, 10:20 PM
When provoking someone like that there are two possible targets. Covering merely one s seen by me as tacit approval of the other's destruction.

I think he just wanted Achievement Unlocked: Darwin Award and to be able to live to see the unlock

EnragedFilia
2014-02-27, 12:41 AM
When provoking someone like that there are two possible targets. Covering merely one s seen by me as tacit approval of the other's destruction.

I think he just wanted Achievement Unlocked: Darwin Award and to be able to live to see the unlock

Aw come on, it's not like Faye has ever actually hurt anyone when it wasn't funny. He was just demonstrating his unwavering commitment to the punchline!

Kato
2014-02-27, 05:30 AM
And for that matter, well, Marigold really has been, not to put too fine a point on it, gagging for it for ages. She may have acquired a stock in a moment of wild-eyed optimism.
I think this is most plausible... nothing wrong with being prepared. And considering there was to be a date...

Aw come on, it's not like Faye has ever actually hurt anyone when it wasn't funny. He was just demonstrating his unwavering commitment to the punchline!
Yeah, and Faye never really caused persistent damage, except maybe to Pintsize. It's not suicidal but at worst masochistic.

I'm not sure how surprised I should be about the item Marten found in Pintsize' prop box... I WOULD be surprised if something like that came with all AndroPC but in his case... (Also: Was I the only one expecting a poor joke from Marten's side when Faye offered to do "anything I can do to cheer you up?" :smallredface:)

Morph Bark
2014-03-01, 06:16 AM

Whether Dale is an introvert is a thing up for debate, but even then two introverts dating is not a bad thing in itself. People become better at expressing their emotions when they're comfortable, and though for introverts those situations may be more limited, that can easily happen around other introverts.

Not really. You're supposed to carry 2-3 in case the first one is ripped and you go more than once in the session. If one actually has the kind of setup one is supposed to transport condoms in(for readers at home, this is not a wallet. Do not keep condoms in your wallet. This is a bad plan).

Is it a bad plan because they will rip inside the wallet, or because people might easily spot them when you open it? Haven't had a bad experience with regards to the former case yet.

Connington
2014-03-01, 10:02 AM
Is it a bad plan because they will rip inside the wallet, or because people might easily spot them when you open it? Haven't had a bad experience with regards to the former case yet.

It's not visible ripping that you need to be worried about. All that bending and jostling and body heat will compromise the integrity of the condom pretty fast, even if you can't see any rips. Everything looks good until you get a surprise afterwards.

Inuzuka
2014-03-01, 12:55 PM

It was mentioned that Angus uses pink ones, so the color seems right.

Ionathus
2014-03-03, 01:21 AM
Does anyone else feel like Angus is being excessively judgmental in today's (2651) strip?
Namely, the sentiment that satisfaction is supposed to be the only possible outcome of a one-night stand for a mentally healthy adult?

Porthos
2014-03-03, 01:24 AM
Does anyone else feel like Angus is being excessively judgmental in today's (2651) strip?
Namely, the sentiment that satisfaction is supposed to be the only possible outcome of a one-night stand for a mentally healthy adult?

I think he's just been reading too many of the QC threads on the internet.

I mean, look at how we reacted. He's just our avatar in QC right now. :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2014-03-03, 02:13 AM
Meanwhile Marigold is booty-dancing her booty dance while singing the booty dance song. Is that about the right number of layers or are there more here?

Discus-Spinner
2014-03-03, 06:00 AM
Well, if he's telling the literal truth there, and Marten is the only guy he knows who'd react that way, he's just making an observation, y'know?

And even if he's being a bit hyperbolic, I read this as a valid comment on Marten. Basically, Marten is a glass-half-empty-and-I-bet-someone-spat-in-it sort of guy. He's someone who can make Marigold look like a source of outgoing cheerfulness and light, though admittedly that's not too hard right now...

(More Marigold booty dance! Less Marten moping!)

Loreweaver15
2014-03-03, 11:00 AM
As someone who's always found casual sex unfulfilling and therefore unpleasant and kind of boring, I understand Marten's response to it quite well. That he's moping about it so much just means he's still Marten, though.

I hope both sides of this get properly vetted. If you like it, you like it; if not, you don't. No point in recriminations between the two.

Discus-Spinner
2014-03-03, 12:07 PM
There are two things going on here, but Marten is only one of them. He's just (a) had good sex and (b) found out something good about himself. Boo yah. Nobody got killed. He's a big boy, he can assimilate all that for himself. Moping at his friends about it is just pompous.

Meanwhile, all those friends are all but ignoring the other event of the moment, which involves a couple of people who are supposed to be friends of theirs plunging into something completely new to them without a guidebook. Fortunately, they seem to be doing fine, but Marigold for one seemed so desperate in the past that she could have done something really stupid, just to get laid, and she's certainly had one twinge of emotional confusion since the night before.

I'm not saying that Faye and Angus and the rest ought to be mother-henning her and demanding to know that she Took Precautions, but for God's sake stop being so glacially cool at her and at least congratulate her for falling on her feet...

Cikomyr
2014-03-03, 01:06 PM
As someone who's always found casual sex unfulfilling and therefore unpleasant and kind of boring, I understand Marten's response to it quite well. That he's moping about it so much just means he's still Marten, though.

I hope both sides of this get properly vetted. If you like it, you like it; if not, you don't. No point in recriminations between the two.

Casual sex with a stranger is unfulfilling to me.
Casual sex with a friend I have affinity with is actually quite fun in my book. I mean, you still got to do something between the innings.

There's multiple degrees of casual sex.

I don't think Angus was judgemental of Marten's preference. But rather, he was judgemental at how Marten is conducting himself. Marten went on to do casual sex while most indications pointed out that he would dislike it.

Traab
2014-03-03, 01:23 PM
Well, if he's telling the literal truth there, and Marten is the only guy he knows who'd react that way, he's just making an observation, y'know?

And even if he's being a bit hyperbolic, I read this as a valid comment on Marten. Basically, Marten is a glass-half-empty-and-I-bet-someone-spat-in-it sort of guy. He's someone who can make Marigold look like a source of outgoing cheerfulness and light, though admittedly that's not too hard right now...

(More Marigold booty dance! Less Marten moping!)

I dont think marten is quite that bad. He doesnt think everything is going to wind up bad, he is just a passive sort of person who needs to be pushed. He had a nice relationship with dora that she tanked by being psychotic, thats after he danced around faye for a couple years, then he had that fling with padme that turned sour. Now his friends are all paired off and he has no relationship. I think a bit of moping is appropriate personally, but he isnt really even doing that. He is just processing the newly discovered fact that casual sex isnt something he enjoys much. Now, if he breaks into doras storage locker and steals all her old goth makeup and starts talking about how life is pain, we may need to beat him with a sock full of oranges.

Ibrinar
2014-03-03, 01:27 PM
Hey I would like it (well it would entertain me for a short while), he just needs to write poetry too!

EnragedFilia
2014-03-03, 04:07 PM
... a couple of people who are supposed to be friends of theirs plunging into something completely new to them without a guidebook.
I seem to recall that they both have several hundred issues of guidebook, notwithstanding the inevitable humor that shall arise from attempting to apply knowledge gained from manga to real life.

I'm not saying that Faye and Angus and the rest ought to be mother-henning her and demanding to know that she Took Precautions...

And I likewise suspect that Hannelore has already told everybody exactly how many "precautions" she counted, not to mention what color they were...

Flickerdart
2014-03-03, 04:10 PM
I seem to recall that they both have several hundred issues of guidebook, notwithstanding the inevitable humor that shall arise from attempting to apply knowledge gained from manga to real life.
I think both of them are going to be making repeat visits to that one how-to site.

Coidzor
2014-03-03, 05:19 PM

Yeah, trying to apply anything from man-on-man pornographic materials to actual sex between a man and a woman would lead to a fair amount of hilarity.

Cikomyr
2014-03-04, 12:30 AM
Reality is a bitch, Faye.

But then, so are you

EnragedFilia
2014-03-04, 01:40 AM
Is this really an accepted thing? Because I seem to remember hearing people from other regions use that word in roughly that way. Unless I'm actually thinking of movies or something, in which case it could be the writers' speech patterns sometimes taking precedence over the characters'. Or maybe I'm just remembering the '90s, and Angus means that it's only New Englanders who still talk that way...

Coidzor
2014-03-04, 01:52 AM
I... I don't think only New Englanders do that. Maybe it arose in New England?

*shrugs*

Porthos
2014-03-04, 03:17 AM
I suspect it might have been said with a slight Boston accent.

Or that it's just something she's never said before (being from Georgia) and she's adaptaing to the local culture.

Or, perhaps, it's because Angus is as big of a sassy-ass as Faye and he knows which buttons of hers to push to get a reaction.

I'm going with the last one, myself. :smalltongue:

I... I don't think only New Englanders do that. Maybe it arose in New England?

*shrugs*

Well, "Wickhad Chowdah" IS a stereotypical phrase for a reason. Hence the "chowdaaaaaaaah" at the end.

And, as I check Google, I get hella hits for "Wicked Boston Slang"

In fact, as I look at the word 'hella', I figure it's the same thing. Sure, lots of people use the word 'hella' outside of California. But it's still a stereotypicval thing for Californians to say.

Coidzor
2014-03-04, 03:34 AM
Well, "Wickhad Chowdah" IS a stereotypical phrase for a reason. Hence the "chowdaaaaaaaah" at the end.

And, as I check Google, I get hella hits for "Wicked Boston Slang"

In fact, as I look at the word 'hella', I figure it's the same thing. Sure, lots of people use the word 'hella' outside of California. But it's still a stereotypicval thing for Californians to say.

*shrug* Wicked is one of those things that's known but slightly old-fashioned as far as slang goes in the parts of the U.S. I've been in, similar to the way use of 80s slang dates people who were young back then. And I'd never heard of Wickhad Chowdah or any stereotypes of New Englanders that were more nuanced than them pronouncing words in an amusing and/or annoying manner due to vowel shifts and cultural insulation from the rest of the country.

You don't really think Californian when you hear "hella" though, generally. Not like Valley Girl Speak or things of a like nature.

Porthos
2014-03-04, 04:44 AM
You don't really think Californian when you hear "hella" though, generally. Not like Valley Girl Speak or things of a like nature.

If you want to argue with the 'Never Wrong' Wikipedia, be my guest. :smalltongue:

Hella, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hella)

Loreweaver15
2014-03-04, 06:20 AM
As a resident of Maine, I can indeed confirm that using 'wicked' as a modifier meaning 'very' is a New Englander thing.

Kato
2014-03-04, 08:29 AM
As a complete outsider... the only word I'd use "wicked" with is "witch", and even then only one particular example.
But I am vaguely aware it was somewhat popular in older US media...

Though, I think it's been forever since we had a punchline not somehow related to Marten or Marigold getting laid. But this will likely not last long.

Yuki Akuma
2014-03-04, 10:41 AM
As a resident of Maine, I can indeed confirm that using 'wicked' as a modifier meaning 'very' is a New Englander thing.

It's also a chav thing. :P

(Wicked innit, bruv?)

EnragedFilia
2014-03-04, 05:09 PM
I would in fact think of "hella" as a California thing, largely because I remember hearing it used in high school far more than in any kind of media whatsoever.

Maybe that's it? Having never actually been to New England, I might simply be aware of the infrequent usage of "wicked cool" in media and not aware of its more common regional usage.

Coidzor
2014-03-04, 05:25 PM
If you want to argue with the 'Never Wrong' Wikipedia, be my guest. :smalltongue:

Hella, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hella)

Well as long as the two of us are in agreement here I don't see any reason to continue. :smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2014-03-04, 05:45 PM
Wikipedia, Valid Source Ahoy!:smallsmile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked

Boston slang for "very"

Traab
2014-03-04, 09:13 PM
I would in fact think of "hella" as a California thing, largely because I remember hearing it used in high school far more than in any kind of media whatsoever.

Maybe that's it? Having never actually been to New England, I might simply be aware of the infrequent usage of "wicked cool" in media and not aware of its more common regional usage.

I only heard it said after that episode of south park where cartman went around saying it all the freaking time and ticking off stan. Also, as a resident of new england, (but not boston) I can confess that wicked is mass slang. I also wouldnt be surprised if its become more of a joke thing, like the mckenzie brothers from canada (eh, hosers?)

Morph Bark
2014-03-05, 03:03 AM
Sure, Claire. Let's go with that.

Kato
2014-03-05, 04:24 AM
Sure, Claire. Let's go with that.

Well, at least she TRIES. (OR she's just jealous :smalltongue:)

Coidzor
2014-03-05, 04:53 AM
I don't even, Claire.

Discus-Spinner
2014-03-05, 04:57 AM
Well, at least she TRIES. (OR she's just jealous :smalltongue:)
Well, she'd have the right to say that her problems are actually a little tougher than Marten's (but he's the one who goes round wangsting).

Ibrinar
2014-03-05, 06:25 AM
About this wangsting talk: I prefer it that he talks openly about the stuff that bothers him, it is not like he looks himself in his room and refuses to come out because the world is over. It surprises me that such low level complaining to his friends already falls under wangst for people.

Loreweaver15
2014-03-05, 06:49 AM
Ahaha, YES! CLAIRE'S BACK!

KISS HIM, GIRL!