PDA

View Full Version : Full BAB, non-caster classes/prestiges with spellcraft as a class-skill?

justiceforall
2014-01-28, 11:10 PM
Sadly dndtools.eu just doesn't have the filter options for me to do a proper search for this.

Only one I managed to find thus far was Occult Slayer.

Is anyone else's rulebook-fu strong enough to post me a list of options?

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-28, 11:16 PM
Sadly dndtools.eu just doesn't have the filter options for me to do a proper search for this.

Only one I managed to find thus far was Occult Slayer.

Is anyone else's rulebook-fu strong enough to post me a list of options?

Human paragon allows you to choose 10 skills. Ad let's you keep one as class skill regardless of class.

Callin
2014-01-28, 11:20 PM
The Generic Warrior from UA allows you to pick your skills. Full BaB and everything else the fighter class has other than ACFs.

justiceforall
2014-01-28, 11:21 PM
So it seems like UA has a few options.

What about non-UA?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-28, 11:28 PM
IIRC Soulborn does have Spellcraft as class skill, but it is terrible and you shouldn't use it. There are some feats that grant it, Keeper of the Forbidden Lore (FCI) and Aereni Focus (PGtE and it requires you to be an elf).

deuxhero
2014-01-29, 12:08 AM
Do you need it for every level, or as something you can dip and let Able Learner carry you on from?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-29, 12:12 AM
For what it's worth Hexblade get spellcraft and technically they aren't spellcasters until level 4.

justiceforall
2014-01-29, 12:13 AM
Trying to figure out whether or not I can qualify a non-caster for Suel Arcanamach at 6th level. It needs 5 ranks of spellcraft, which necessitates at least a single level of something with spellcraft as a class skill to get in that early.

I generally try to avoid UA, ToB and Dragon because my group frowns on it. It's not a straight ban, but its much easier if its not used.

[EDIT]

For what it's worth Hexblade get spellcraft and technically they aren't spellcasters until level 4.

That's not a bad option. Charisma synergy and all that.

Nihilarian
2014-01-29, 12:29 AM
It's too bad you require non-spellcasters, because the duskblade is perfect for this.

justiceforall
2014-01-29, 12:32 AM
Agreed but if I was going to play a Duskblade I wouldn't bother taking Suel Archanamach. I'd just take Abjurant Champion like 1,000% of all the other Gish builds.

The Archanamach interested me since it was a way for a mundane class to become a spellcaster.

Fax Celestis
2014-01-29, 12:32 AM
I think both binder and the witch slayer PrC (both in ToM) both get it. Going off memory, could be wrong.

justiceforall
2014-01-29, 12:58 AM
Witch Slayer seems like a better version of Occult Slayer for the purposes of qualifying since it has no feat tax, just skills.

ericgrau
2014-01-29, 01:04 AM
Doomlord (planar handbook). No casting pre-reqs though it does give half casting.
Kishi Charger (Oriental Adventures). Requires some mounted feats.

Xerlith
2014-01-29, 04:44 AM
Paladin with Mystic Fire Knight (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20051104a)substitution levels.
6 levels of it make a quite nice entry. You may want not to substitute the 4th evel to still gain Turn Undead for all your Divine feat needs (if such exist).
The Charging Smite allows for some nice stuff along with the augmented smite.

BUT
Duskblade is a good 3-level dip in a Suel build. Some low-level spells, Arcane Channeling, free Combat Casting...

One of the better Arcanamach entry builds is a Duskblade3/Paladin2/Battle Dancer or Crusader 1.

Mystic Ranger variant and the Shooting Star substitution levels give Spellcraft to a Ranger.

And although not what you asked for, take a look at the Cyran Avenger for the Cha synergy.

Fax Celestis
2014-01-29, 11:03 AM
Witch Slayer seems like a better version of Occult Slayer for the purposes of qualifying since it has no feat tax, just skills.

Yeah. And the disjunction smite is hilariously awesome.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-29, 01:53 PM
This might interest you (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159617)

Telonius
2014-01-29, 02:14 PM
Anointed Knight (Prestige class from BoED), Hammer of Moradin (Prestige class from Players' Guide to Faerun), Infused Warrior (PrC, Dragon 321) and Champion or Corellon Larethian (Prestige class from RotW) meet the specifications.

Battle Howler of Gruumsh (PrC, Dragon 311) is technically a casting PrC, but is definitely melee-oriented, gives spellcraft as a class skill, and is full-BAB.

Drow Judicator (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003c) is just barely a casting class (3/10) but otherwise meets what you want.