PDA

View Full Version : [3.X] Thresh, the Chain Warden entry?

Yael
2014-01-28, 11:30 PM
I've been talking with a friend about if Thresh (from League of Legends) is a shinigami or not, and we concluded that as D&D players, Thresh could be more like a Wraith with a Magic Jar-Lantern and a Kusari-Gama. Would this be accurate? How would be Thresh as a monster? Which build/HDs could he have? Help with 3.0-3.5 build of Thresh?

Homebrew thread about this same topic here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16887052#post16887052)

Draken
2014-01-29, 12:04 AM
Race-wise, any sort of corporeal undead.

Weapon, Kusarigama.

Build/Strategy would be peculiar and very feat intensive. Death Sentence can be imitated by grappling with the Kusarigama and presumably having Stunning First for it (with an Adaptive on the kusarigama) or a Stunning Surge weapon.

Flay... Difficult. Maybe Whirlwind Attack + Knockdown.

Lantern would need to be... I guess a Thinaum weapon? The soul trap effect is pretty hard to replicate, the soul empowerment is harder. Best would be a Death Kneel spell-like ability. The pull would be a simple matter of throwing a rope and having a good enough strength score to pull back.

No real equivalent to the Box. Maybe Wall of Thorns as an SLA. Wall of Fire doesn't slow the targets down and the other walls don't let anyone pass.

Averis Vol
2014-01-29, 03:43 AM
Race-wise, any sort of corporeal undead.

Weapon, Kusarigama.

Build/Strategy would be peculiar and very feat intensive. Death Sentence can be imitated by grappling with the Kusarigama and presumably having Stunning First for it (with an Adaptive on the kusarigama) or a Stunning Surge weapon.

Flay... Difficult. Maybe Whirlwind Attack + Knockdown.

Lantern would need to be... I guess a Thinaum weapon? The soul trap effect is pretty hard to replicate, the soul empowerment is harder. Best would be a Death Kneel spell-like ability. The pull would be a simple matter of throwing a rope and having a good enough strength score to pull back.

No real equivalent to the Box. Maybe Wall of Thorns as an SLA. Wall of Fire doesn't slow the targets down and the other walls don't let anyone pass.

maybe a goliath deathknight. If he can keep the effective large size, or just be a large sized creature he could qualify for knockback, which could represent flay easily. Lantern...you got me. A flask of bless or something could give the shield, but I don't know what could pull. the box kind of seems like that low level shadowcaster power that makes a wall of fire that damages when you walk through. not sure how to get the slow though.

Death sentence could be a grinding kasuri-gama, or more statistically fitting, a harpoon.

I would say something like a goliath deathknight Psychic warrior 5/
Warmind 5/ slayer10 for the class, feats being EWP kasuri-gama combat expertise, Imp trip, knockback, power attack, imp bullrush.