PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Prestige class.

ngilop
2014-01-29, 06:41 PM
Hey everybody, I come here asking becuause I do not want to have to search through my scores of books to find one and this seems easy to find answers :)

Im looking for a Prestige class that would be good for a intimidate focused dwarf fighter non evil

Kennisiou
2014-01-29, 06:50 PM
I'm going to probably get hell for this, but here it goes anyways. Okay. *Deep breath.*

Samurai is probably going to just flat out be better at intimidate focus than fighter is and there's not much prestige classes can do to fix it. If you want to make the chassis more barbarian than fighter then prestige classes like champion of Gwynharwyf and a few others will pull it off swimmingly, but without going more barb than fighter you're just not going to have a great inimidator build and samurai builds will just flat-out outdo you as intimidators.

Edit: Also, 1 level of Marshal is solid on intimidator builds. Consider it a 1-level prestige class with no entry requirements. That's basically what marshal is.

Zetapup
2014-01-29, 06:52 PM
As far as I know, intimidate focused classes tend to go just samurai, barbarian, or fighter. The zhentarim fighter substitution levels are great for intimidating, especially the 9th level. Most intimidating based builds depend quite a bit on feats. Off the top of my head, some commonly used ones are imperious command, kiai/greater kiai shout, and frightful presence (the draconomicon one). I can't think of any prestige classes that are especially good for fighter intimidating right now, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

Edit: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125162)'s a link that should be helpful for feat choice and whatnot for the character.

pilvento
2014-01-29, 06:59 PM
Try the Scarlet corsair from stormwrack. But i dont see a dwarf being a pirate :P

gorfnab
2014-01-29, 07:00 PM
There might be something of use in the Fear Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0)

Falcon X
2014-01-29, 07:09 PM
First off, check out the Fear Handbook:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0

A few common non-fighter ideas:
- Factotum + Never Outnumbered Skill Trick + Imperious Command Feat
- Dread Necromancer/Dread Witch + Persisted Aura of Terror spell + Fell Frighten/Black Lore of Moil
- Crusader, because it's flavorful.

A list of appropriate Prestige Classes with Fear effects:
- Avenging Executioner (Can't be good, but can be neutral. Must be vengeful.)
- 3 levels of Evangelist (If you serve a cause)
- Champion of Gwynharwyf (If you can fudge the deity you serve)
- Scarlet Corsair or Dread Pirate (If you can be a pirate dwarf)

Anything else I'm finding is Spellcasting based.

ngilop
2014-01-29, 07:16 PM
OMG thanks so much gorfnab!!

the avenging exocutioner is PERFECT!!, lol the character has alreayd been tragically wronged and his whole purpose is seeing vengeance LOL

thanks so much for everybody!