PDA

View Full Version : Our players odd, funny or endearing habits.

D20ragon
2014-01-29, 08:16 PM
As says above. What are the funniest things your players do on a routine basis?
To kick this off, I'll start with one of my best friends. I've been running a solo for him, and he's gone single classed oriental adventures samurai, strange in itself, but he's pulling it off, so mad props to him. Not the point.
The point is, I've thrown a bunch of weird ass stuff at him, and he follows one simple rule.
If it's magic, stuff a piece of it into his satchel.
He's got a piece of animated chain about an inch long, a glowing marble on a string, and a bunch of other stuff that I'm forgetting in it. Honestly, one day, that things gonna explode into a magical vortex.
Also, he's acquired a vendetta against a group of monks with magical laser eye tattoos, and shaves the tattoo off of the monk whenever he kills one. He's got a flap of tattooed skin in the satchel too.

So what about your players? What kinda stuff would you like to share?

Kid Jake
2014-01-29, 11:40 PM
I'm running a Mutants and Masterminds campaign at the moment and one of the PCs is a hydromancer. The guy's effectively the 'muscle' of the group and has some genuinely impressive powers, like the ability to manipulate water; the ability to dehydrate a man to the point of death; and even the ability to turn into a 30ft tall water elemental... But all of his most impressive rampages have been with nothing but his own two hands.

He's made a habit out of knocking out guards by asking to use the bathroom and then throwing a haymaker when they're in range. He killed about a dozen men with a forklift; attacked a mob hangout with nothing but a baseball bat(and won) and even terrified an assassin into cooperating when the telepath found the guy's will too hard to break.

He's also more than a little inspired by Trevor from GTAV and plasters his name all over everything he claims, and he claims everything. When he was homeless, living in an alley, he spray painted McCrow's Alley over his box and refused to let people come anywhere near it. Once he stole a drug warehouse from a mob boss he spray painted McCrow's Stolen Drug Warehouse on the side of it and dared somebody to come take it from him. He was in the middle of carving McCrow's Gun into the barrels of (several dozen) hijacked AR-15s when the Telepath convinced him it might be wiser to turn them over to the authorities.

nyjastul69
2014-01-30, 11:11 AM
One of the players in my game likes to collect trophies from creatures the party kkls. He always takes a tooth, provided the creature actually has teeth.

inexorabletruth
2014-01-31, 06:56 AM
One of my players captured and trained Dire Animals.
One player had a level 1 bard who stole an Iron Flask from a wizard when he was pretending to be the wizard's apprentice. He then asked me if he would allow me to use it to capture dire animals. I said, only if he could take it to a high enough level caster to have it altered. He already knew of a high level, slightly insane, wizard in the Dire Woods who liked him. So, he went to talk him into tweaking the item for free. After getting it fixed for cost (he didn't quite roll high enough) he went out into the Dire Woods, found a Dire Boar, captured it and trained it. Then, he went back to the wizard he stole the flask from and asked him if he could mass-produce the design. The wizard was all too eager to make them on credit. And started building 6 of them. The group went back out to adventure, and when the bard came back to town, he disguised himself as the Wizard's apprentice yet again, and stole all 6 flasks. Then he went back into the Dire Woods and captured 6 more Dire Animals. He continued to train all of them. Unfortunately, the campaign died before his plan could come to fruition. It would appear he was trying to become a Pokemon Trainer and he had every intention of catching them all. He even painted the flasks red and white.

Angel Bob
2014-01-31, 08:41 AM
In the group I DM for, the party leader (an avenger/rogue) spent one of the first fights exclusively hiding in the corner to set up a Sneak Attack. He's never lived it down; the other players continually insist that his only battle tactic is "Hide in the corner!"

Another player is starting to collect bits and pieces from enemies he defeats (a dragon's scales, an awakened wasp's stinger, etc.) and forging them into magic items. I do my best to work with his ideas.

nyjastul69
2014-01-31, 09:19 AM
Another player is starting to collect bits and pieces from enemies he defeats (a dragon's scales, an awakened wasp's stinger, etc.) and forging them into magic items. I do my best to work with his ideas.

That's very cool. Good DM'ing.

TheCountAlucard
2014-01-31, 07:23 PM
One of my players has difficulty pronouncing "specific." He always ends up saying "Pacific." As such, his PCs tend not to use that word. :smalltongue:

The Oni
2014-02-01, 02:47 PM
I have a player who sells "pumps," which he builds himself, of an adult and performance-enhancing nature, to EVERYONE he runs across, at the most inopportune times.

I have another player who, whenever he's eating something out of game, he declares that he's eating it in-game. This led eventually to his blessed Coat of Stealing, a gift from his deity, wherein the character reaches into the coat and retrieves a food item from somewhere else in the vicinity. The item is random, it only retrieves mundane food, and it doesn't work if it's out of range.

Deremir
2014-02-02, 12:39 PM
i gave my players a rod of wonder and it ended up in the most chaotic players hand, suffice to say they won a boss fight by spamming it and having the demons thrown against the wall, also they killed a pc.

DSmaster21
2014-02-03, 06:36 PM
One of my players has difficulty pronouncing "specific." He always ends up saying "Pacific." As such, his PCs tend not to use that word. :smalltongue:

I have a player who does that too. He has other words he does that sort of thing with like obliverated.

I once had player that liked to roleplay his bardic performances. He has oratory and dance. He tells amazing myths and legends from all sorts of ethnic roots with the flavor of the campaign. (He thinks of a story that has a theme he likes and then he works into the setting.) He also will dance with the other players acting out fights and such. (At one point he got out nerf swords and got everyone to do the can-can while play swordfighting.) I may have occasionally fudged the hps and acs of some monsters, and DCs of checks to grant additional bonuses on his performances.

Brookshw
2014-02-03, 06:57 PM
I had a player who would walk up to anyone, ANYONE, gods, Asmodeus, you name it, and ask them how many fingers he was holding up to find out if they were "magic". It led to many facepalming, jaw dropping moments. I loved it.