PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Clawed Gauntlet

Cardea
2014-01-30, 01:02 AM
I swear I saw this somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me place it.

Was there or was there not a weapon called a Clawed Gauntlet? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

HunterOfJello
2014-01-30, 01:08 AM
Magic of Eberron has a Crawling Gauntlet which is a symbiont gauntlet thingy.

Gotterdammerung
2014-01-30, 01:09 AM
There is such a thing and it appears in a few different places. I know the arms and equipment guide has one for sure. I'm a little rusty on the other locations of clawed gauntlet style weapons. But im sure someone else will fill in the blanks. I am also foggy on the names of these different renditions of clawed weapons. I vaguely remember .... errrr.. hrnhghghggrnrhg.... E.e.eagle's Claw? .....an.d.....hurmmmm.... Panther's Claw!

Deophaun
2014-01-30, 01:11 AM
There's the beast claws in Savage Species, a magic item that gives you natural claw attacks or enhances existing claw attacks.

It would help if you could tell us what you think these clawed gauntlets do.

Gotterdammerung
2014-01-30, 01:14 AM

Yes ... YES.. do the typing with the explaining and the telling about the things that they do!

The Viscount
2014-01-30, 01:24 AM
Magic Item Compendium has the Claw Gloves, which function as punching daggers and are part of the Garb of the Hunting Cat.

WhiteLycan
2014-01-30, 01:26 AM
Arms and Equipment guide?

Cardea
2014-01-30, 01:37 AM
There's the beast claws in Savage Species, a magic item that gives you natural claw attacks or enhances existing claw attacks.

Basically a slashing version of a gauntlet or spiked gauntlet, nothing more. A weapon I could just build off of.

Deophaun
2014-01-30, 01:43 AM
Bladed gauntlet, Arms & Equipment Guide is one. There's a sharktooth gauntlet somewhere as well.

The main issue is I think all such weapons are exotic.

Cardea
2014-01-30, 01:57 AM
Bladed gauntlet, Arms & Equipment Guide is one. There's a sharktooth gauntlet somewhere as well.

The main issue is I think all such weapons are exotic.
Which you would think wouldn't be required for such a simple thing, but hooray wotc, right?

Deophaun
2014-01-30, 02:19 AM
Which you would think wouldn't be required for such a simple thing, but hooray wotc, right?
Woah woah woah! You're trying to take a weapon that normally does a d4 of piercing damage, and turn that all into slashing! We're talking dangerous, game-breaking level stuff here. I mean, you could actually attempt to sunder with this! Glorious Ghost of Gary Gygax, of course you need to spend a feat on that. Heck, you should probably have to spend three feats and eat some form of LA. 1d4 slashing? On your hand? I'm just gobsmacked that WotC would release something so OP.