PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Class suggestions for a dungeon crawler?

Rejusu
2014-01-30, 05:43 AM
Preamble:

Currently working on a one shot dungeon crawl for which I'm pre generating the characters for. It's going to be combat heavy with plenty of traps and a few puzzles/obstacles. Last boss will be a true dragon of adult age or older depending on how sadistic I'm feeling. Party will be between 4 to 6 PCs (most likely five) of ECL 13. Middling tier class and relatively straightforward to play owing to the varying experience levels of the players. No vancian casters.

Amble:

So far I've got a Goliath Frenzied Berserker/Dungeon crasher fighter, a bard with a few levels of sublime chord, and a factotum (the exception to my no vancians owing to the limited spells). Currently trying to figure out the best options for the other three. I don't want to overwhelm the party with martial fighters but I'm not sure what else to add. I've been considering an archer ranger but I'm not sure how I can give an archer a chance to shine while letting the berserker do his dungeon crashing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as well as suggestions on fun/sadistic traps/puzzles. This is a one shot so I fully intend to kill at least one person by the end.

Grayson01
2014-01-30, 05:54 AM
Monk/Druken Master

Scout

Black Dragon Shaman

Halfling Warlock Eldric Blast focused

Rejusu
2014-01-30, 07:13 AM
Drunken master might be a bit weak by comparison, the role of the scout is largely being done by the Factotum, but I do like the idea of throwing a dragon shaman in there, maybe a kobold one.

limejuicepowder
2014-01-30, 07:26 AM
Trip-focused crusader

a wilder. This would be perfect to fit the caster niche, as psionics are much easier than spells and wilders have a very limited number of powers to keep track of.

supermount halfling, riding a spider or something that can climb the walls.

Rejusu
2014-01-30, 10:30 AM
Wilder could work, they're not too powerful and make for nice straightforward blasters.

A spider riding PC sounds like a hilariously fun concept but mounted builds have a lot of options and so it's just too much work for a one shot.