PDA

View Full Version : Master Spellthief Issues

Dalebert
2014-01-30, 10:16 AM
The feat raises the level of spell you can steal but doesn't raise what you can store. The feat is awesome and is serving its primary purpose for me which is to raise my CL for my other spellcasting and being able to wear light armor with 0% ACF is icing. That said, I'm spellthief 1 and never planning to advance as a spellthief. Is there any way to raise my spell storage for stealing spells short of actually leveling? A spell? Item? Whatever? I doubt it but figure it's worth asking. You folks are incredibly resourceful.

BowStreetRunner
2014-01-30, 11:21 AM
I think you are looking at the one real drawback of relying on that feat. Since the Steal Spell class ability bases how many spell levels you can store upon your Class Level and the Master Thief feat only references raising the limit of what you can steal, not store, I think you are up a creek. I know of no way to increase your effective Class Level short of taking a level in the class or in a class like Uncanny Trickster that mimics all the class features.

Diarmuid
2014-01-30, 01:29 PM
I havent seen anything beyond people saying "it should work for both aspects so ask your DM", but I'm of the mind the feat is already plenty powerful enough and that limitation is both intended and balanced.

Dalebert
2014-01-30, 01:50 PM
I havent seen anything beyond people saying "it should work for both aspects so ask your DM", but I'm of the mind the feat is already plenty powerful enough and that limitation is both intended and balanced.

I'm pretty much with you on that. Even that part of the feat is not worthless. It would be helpful to a spellthief who progressed a bit further than 1st. I just thought it was worth a shot to see if there was something else I could do. I'm just going to have to be a crappy spellthief. I'm okay with it.