PDA

View Full Version : Clawlock/Shou Disciple questions.

DireSloth
2014-01-30, 06:04 PM
So, this concept is so cool.11/10 cool. In my head it is like the lovechild of Kenshiro, Akuma and Lordgenome. But i have some questions on the build. I have read most of Shinken's excellent guide to melee warlocks, so these questions are not answered in there or are answered but not to my satisfaction, so please bear with me.

Shou Disciple gives you a monk-like unarmed progression. Does that mean that Superior Unarmed strike or monk's belt would work with it?
Shinken, with a Warlock/Shou disciple build mentions he uses Flurry of Blows. While Shou Disciple has an ability called Martial Flurry, as written it seems to me that it modifies the feature if you already have it, but does not give it to you. Am i missing something?
Is (assuming you are 5 feet away from your target) Quickened Eldritch Glaive, 5-foot step, free action claws, full attack with Beast Strike (the feat) and then secondary attack with claws a legitimate tactic?
Is there a way to get two 5 foot steps in one round? So you could five foot step and then use the above combo.
It is my understanding that after a full attack you can use natural weapons as a secondary attack at -5 penalty. This is only one attack. Can you get more?
Overall, has any one played that build? what did you use aside from Warlock and SD? How did it play?

Thanks in advance playground.

DireSloth
2014-01-31, 08:20 AM
Bump, any one?

Gotterdammerung
2014-01-31, 11:03 AM
So, this concept is so cool.11/10 cool. In my head it is like the lovechild of Kenshiro, Akuma and Lordgenome. But i have some questions on the build. I have read most of Shinken's excellent guide to melee warlocks, so these questions are not answered in there or are answered but not to my satisfaction, so please bear with me.

Shou Disciple gives you a monk-like unarmed progression. Does that mean that Superior Unarmed strike or monk's belt would work with it?
Shinken, with a Warlock/Shou disciple build mentions he uses Flurry of Blows. While Shou Disciple has an ability called Martial Flurry, as written it seems to me that it modifies the feature if you already have it, but does not give it to you. Am i missing something?
Is (assuming you are 5 feet away from your target) Quickened Eldritch Glaive, 5-foot step, free action claws, full attack with Beast Strike (the feat) and then secondary attack with claws a legitimate tactic?
Is there a way to get two 5 foot steps in one round? So you could five foot step and then use the above combo.
It is my understanding that after a full attack you can use natural weapons as a secondary attack at -5 penalty. This is only one attack. Can you get more?
Overall, has any one played that build? what did you use aside from Warlock and SD? How did it play?

Thanks in advance playground.

1.&2. I've seen these points argued often but have never personally cared enough to research them.

3. I dunt know.

4.yes. Sparring dummy of the master is one way. Epic level handbook tumble skill DC's is another way.

5. Yes, you choose a primary weapon or natural weapon. All other natural attacks take a -5 penalty to hit. Multiattack reduces the penalty. You can attack with as many natural attacks as you have in a your full attack.

6. No I have never played a glaivelock or clawlock.