PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ways to See into a Tiny Hut

HaikenEdge
2014-01-30, 11:21 PM
Out of curiosity, are there ways to see into a tiny hut from the outside? It's opaque on the outside, so that rules out normal sight, but since missiles, weapons and magic can pass through the through the hut without affecting it, I'd like to try to figure out a way to snipe a hut's resident(s) from the outside, which requires being able to locate said resident(s).

I imagine touchsight might function, seeing as it's a spell effect, so it could pass through the force field; however, I'd like to figure out other ways as well...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-30, 11:30 PM
The occupants have total concealment, so you can just blindly attack into a square and hope to hit something.

Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/clairaudienceClairvoyance.htm) or Clairvoyant Sense (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/clairvoyantSense.htm) or a Third Eye: Sense (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#sense) (best item ever) or similar will allow you to see inside the hut.

A Tiny Hut is a 20-foot radius, so just cast (Fell Drain) Kelgore's Grave Mist into it and the occupants should bail out.

HaikenEdge
2014-01-30, 11:36 PM
Well, the intention is to tranq anybody who is awake (so either some sort of drug, which I'll have to look up, or nonlethal damage), so I can sneak in and rescue the prisoner, so blindly casting into the tiny hut won't necessarily work, since the prisoner might not make it.

Plus, I'm working with a group that likes its finesse (too many military shooters, maybe, with the sync shot?), so carpet bombing the area won't necessarily work.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-01-30, 11:38 PM
Out of curiosity, are there ways to see into a tiny hut from the outside? It's opaque on the outside, so that rules out normal sight, but since missiles, weapons and magic can pass through the through the hut without affecting it, I'd like to try to figure out a way to snipe a hut's resident(s) from the outside, which requires being able to locate said resident(s).

I imagine touchsight might function, seeing as it's a spell effect, so it could pass through the force field; however, I'd like to figure out other ways as well...

Opaque is the opposite of transparent so anything that lets you see through a solid brick wall would also allow you to see into the Tiny Hut. Such as a ring of x-ray.
Tremorsense would also work but you'd only know what square the subject was standing in, most (Ex) senses have a very limited range (at least when PC's acquire them).

Trying to identify whose wake and who isn't however might prove impossible without scrying effects

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-30, 11:44 PM
Well, the intention is to tranq anybody who is awake (so either some sort of drug, which I'll have to look up, or nonlethal damage), so I can sneak in and rescue the prisoner, so blindly casting into the tiny hut won't necessarily work, since the prisoner might not make it.

Plus, I'm working with a group that likes its finesse (too many military shooters, maybe, with the sync shot?), so carpet bombing the area won't necessarily work.

Cast Invisibility and just walk up and stick your face through it to look inside.

A Tiny Hut is a 20-ft. radius, so it's 40-ft. across. Get a 50-ft. wide net and have two horses/bears/whateveryouride drag it through the tiny hut, scooping out all the occupants and tangling them up so they're easy to selectively dispatch.

Crake
2014-01-30, 11:46 PM
Opaque is the opposite of transparent so anything that lets you see through a solid brick wall would also allow you to see into the Tiny Hut. Such as a ring of x-ray.
Tremorsense would also work but you'd only know what square the subject was standing in, most (Ex) senses have a very limited range (at least when PC's acquire them).

Trying to identify whose wake and who isn't however might prove impossible without scrying effects

I thought tremorsense worked like blindsight, in that you had no miss chance, but it worked around corners and only for people who were touching the ground?