PDA

View Full Version : Imp. Natrual Attack

Grayson01
2014-01-31, 05:54 AM
With improved Nat Attack is says you chose one Natural attack. Does a Monk's unarmstrike count as one Natural attack or do I have to pick Fist, Foot, Elbow or Butt as the Improved Natural Att?

Sir Chuckles
2014-01-31, 06:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken, your unarmed strike is not counted as a natural attack.

Thurbane
2014-01-31, 06:18 AM
Unarmed strike does count as a natural attack, and this feat can be applied to it (evidenced in PHB2 sample NPCs, even if they botched the reqs).

I'm pretty certain you don't need to specify fist, foot etc. Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike) should suffice to cover all unarmed attacks.

Necroticplague
2014-01-31, 06:28 AM
Unarmed strike does count as a natural attack, and this feat can be applied to it (evidenced in PHB2 sample NPCs, even if they botched the reqs).

I'm pretty certain you don't need to specify fist, foot etc. Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike) should suffice to cover all unarmed attacks.

For further precedence, their's a ring that gives INA(Unarmed Strike) as a bonus feat.

Sian
2014-01-31, 06:35 AM
Monk's Unarmed Strike, explicitly states that it counts both as a Manufactured Weapon and a Natural Weapon for effects enchanting or improving them.

The Ring talked about is Fanged Ring, in Dragon Magic, on page 101. it gives Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Natural Attack (Unarmed Strike) and 1 Con Damage on Crit

Grayson01
2014-01-31, 06:55 AM
Thanks all that's what I thought.

Darrin
2014-01-31, 08:31 AM
If I'm not mistaken, your unarmed strike is not counted as a natural attack.

It's in an odd place, but the PHB clarifies this:

You can’t cast this spell on a natural weapon, such as an unarmed strike (instead, see magic fang).