PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Paragon Surge Usage

Spore
2014-01-31, 08:46 AM
Hi guys,

so my DM allowed full unchanged use of Paragon Surge now on my Oracle. Let me rephrase that:

My DM has stopped my own initiative to nerf Paragon Surge and wants it to be played as RAW.

(screaming internally)

I will not overuse or exploit (infinite loops, trying to cast spells above my max spell level, or single round ending encounters) that spell but in case that I NEED that spell badly in any situations, are there any typical uses that a (Lore) Oracle can replicate? I am not very creative when it comes to free form improvisation and I want some good ideas. I would also want some fluffy uses of the spell since I have a large advantage anyway (the next best caster in the group is an menhir savant druid). We're 9th level. I can't think of easy or useful things or combinations other than getting all those condition removal spells (right now we have to remove a curse). Any shenanigans possible with an animal companion or a familiar?

I fear the power I have been given because I think I will need it shortly. Prepare me, playground!

Alleran
2014-01-31, 08:52 AM
In combat there'll be some issues because you need a round to set up your I-cast-every-spell-ever combo.

If there isn't a pressing need right now, on the other hand, you can have whatever you want, limited only by number of spell slots.

(In the future, when you have 7th level spells you can Quicken it, and when you hit 15th grab Spell Perfection for it for a free Quicken.)

JHShadon
2014-01-31, 09:32 AM
You could use it to give yourself Skill Focus(Diplomacy) right before you talk to the BBEG and use your improved Diplomacy to convince the BBEG to become a barber.

By the way, since Paragon Surge gives you +2 Int does that give you extra skill points while it's active?

Khantin
2014-01-31, 10:17 AM
Only permanent stat boosts give skill points I believe.

Barstro
2014-01-31, 10:28 AM
You could use it to give yourself Skill Focus(Diplomacy) right before you talk to the BBEG and use your improved Diplomacy to convince the BBEG to become a barber.

Careful. BBEG might decide he's Sweeney Todd, and you will have accomplished nothing.

Spore
2014-01-31, 11:36 AM
I still fear my DM wants to crank up the volume to 11. This wouldn't be a problem in every other scenario but as prepared as he is sometimes, as badly does to improvise.

Any caster feat/non combat feat recommendations other than Expanded Arcana and Skill Focus?

1) Is there a way to grant the barbarian immunity to fatigue? (Lame curse + Oracle's vessel does not work because I have the Haunted curse)
2) Do you think a sorcerer would profit from Haunted curse spells + Oracle's Vessel?
3) Anything I could do for the (casting + utility shaper) druid?
4) Anything for a Dire Wolf companion and a falcon familiar? (Both are my own but the animal companion cannot be targetted by oracle spells due to being from Eldritch Heritage).

I like supporting (and as middle aged oracle with poor physical stats I will not enter melee if I can avoid it).