PDA

View Full Version : anyone know the name of this feat/spell?

AdamantlyD20
2014-01-31, 12:48 PM
I'm trying to remember a feat or spell that has the effect where you decrease the damage of your spell by 1/4 and add it as healing to yourself. I appreciate the help.

AdamantlyD20
2014-01-31, 02:03 PM
I know its not much to go by, i just was hoping for someone to remember reading something like this effect before? Any idea where i might look?

Valtu
2014-01-31, 05:19 PM
There's Synostodweomer, from the Spell Compendium. It's a 7th level Sorc/Wiz spell.

I absolutely love this site for looking up things:

http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/synostodweomer--4297/

Devronq
2014-01-31, 05:33 PM
Probably not what your looking for but there is a weapon.ability that heals you half the damage you deal for +3.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-31, 06:07 PM
In pathfinder its a spell called:

Fractions of Heal and Harm

School transmutation; Level bard 3, cleric 3, sorcerer/wizard 3

CASTING
Casting Time 1 swift action
Components V, S

EFFECT
Range personal
Target you
Duration instantaneous

This spell channels a portion of the next spell you cast into magic that heals you. The next instantaneous area damage spell you cast deals only 75% of its damage, but you heal hit points equal to the remaining 25% of the spell’s damage. For example, if you cast this spell and followed it with a fireball that would normally deal 40 hit points of damage, the fireball instead deals 30 hit points of damage and you heal 10 hit points. The spell affected by this spell must be cast before the end of the next round. This spell has no effect on spells that do not deal damage or spells higher than 3rd level. This healing is treated as if you had been affected by a cure or inflict spell (whichever would heal you), and is treated as the same spell level as the area-affecting spell for the purpose of effects that relate to the spell level of cure or inflict spells.

AdamantlyD20
2014-01-31, 08:51 PM
Woo yes! That's it! Fractions of heal and harm! Thank you much! You win +1 Internets

AdamantlyD20
2014-01-31, 08:53 PM
There's Synostodweomer, from the Spell Compendium. It's a 7th level Sorc/Wiz spell.

I absolutely love this site for looking up things:

http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/synostodweomer--4297/

This was also a nice find, thank you much!

Valtu
2014-01-31, 09:23 PM
This was also a nice find, thank you much!

No problem!