PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Crystal Sphere Communications

Lonewolf147
2014-02-01, 02:21 AM
I don't play Spelljammer, never have. But I like it's concept of Crystal Spheres, and having each of the different D&D worlds in its own Sphere.

My wife has an old character from Greyhawk. We created a story blurb that brings her to my homebrew world so that she could keep playing that character. It was after this event that I learned of the Spheres. Her character is trying to contact her family to let them know she's alright.

What I'm looking for are ideas on how to establish some form of communications from my homebrew Sphere to the Greyhawk Sphere. I'm open to using any other D&D system for rules. In fact, here is an idea that I came up with but was hoping to get a few other ideas.

Dragonstar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonstar) (not currently part of my world (they just haven't tried to occupy my planet yet)). They would be well aware of the Spheres and have the capability to travel from one to another. But travel would still take time, so they developed a communications relay system that once a ship was outside the Sphere in the Phlogiston it could send communications to any other relay point where other local ships would take those messages back into the sphere.

Not really detailed out (we're not even close to a point where she could attempt this) but it was what I had. Everything I read on the Spheres says there is no way to communicate directly through the boundary. But I'm sure there are things I've missed or don't know about. That's why I'm asking you all for ideas. A spell? Artifact? Deific power? Technology?