PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mystic Ranger Build(No Sword of the Arcane Order))

Dunsparce
2014-02-01, 09:29 AM
I'm going with a Human Mystic Ranger because I want my ranger spells early and able to be used more frequently.

I got lucky with my stat rolls so my stats are as follows:

STR: 14
DEX: 18
CON: 12
INT: 12
WIS: 18
CHA: 10

We're only level 2 thus far, but I have my feats planned through level 6:

Level 1 - Weapon Focus: Longbow
Human Bonus - Point Blank Shot
Level 3 - Dead Eye(Not to be confused with Dead Eye Shot)
Level 6 - Initiate of Obad-Hai (Most people choose this feat from Dragon Magazine solely for the fact it allows one to convert prepared spells to the appropriate SNA, but I'm also using it for flavor and the bonus spells it grants)

I should note that the rest of the part consists of a Cleric who plans to go Theruge, a Rogue that plans to be an arcane trickster, and a Fighter that is new to the game. I mostly need ideas for feats for levels 9 and after. If there isn't much to choose from, I might go with generic stuff like Improved Initiative.

Darrin
2014-02-01, 09:44 AM
Mystic Ranger 10/Sneak Attack Fighter 1/Highland Stalker 4/Ranger +5. Take Swift Hunter at 15th.

Rebel7284
2014-02-01, 10:07 AM
You can enter Holt Warden for more nice nature feel and domain slots. Later on, you can take other domains and cast those spells too! Contemplative is a good dip after you meet relevant forces of nature.

Animal Devotion is a nice feat, but it gets so much better if you have access to turning attempts.

Knowledge Devotion, picking Knowledge Religon as the feat can be very good for qualifying for divine prestige classes.