PDA

View Full Version : Magic Eater

Ruethgar
2014-02-01, 01:59 PM
Had an idea to make a Karsite Spellfire Channeler and just absorb anything hitting me, is there a low LA Cha and Con friendly way to become Monstrous for Of Legend spell turning? If not, Spellwarped will have to do, either way Chosen of Mystra for a bit more spellfire utility would be nice. Considering the potentially massive LA, what class would benefit the most with the fewest levels?

Human Paragon could get me +2 Con to advance my Spellfire a bit more, are there any classes that increase the DC for Su abilities? Or am I just going to have to take Ability Focus and Power Surge and be done with it?

herrhauptmann
2014-02-01, 03:38 PM
Of Legend spell turning
What is this?

I think that Halfminotaur makes you into a monstrous humanoid. Or maybe giant type.
I've seen people argue taht Karsite can be a template you apply to anything with human blood, probably on the basis of the netherese breeding various servitors like the krinth.

How many of your SLA/SU's deal damage? If you've got several, I'd recommend the feat 'Mortalbane.' It can be used 5 times per day per ability.

In this thread (you've probably seen it) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328502#post16900620) someone discusses pairing up with a warlock to ensure you're always charged up.

Ruethgar
2014-02-01, 04:06 PM
The Of Legend template in MMII, when used with SS to actually assign an LA, allows for a Magical Beast or Monstrous Humanoid to gain several abilities, one being perm Su Spell Turning.
Outsider +2, Nat AC +1, 5th level cleric spells +0(I realize a karsite can't use them but it is the only LA 0 special attack option), Enhanced Attributes(+4 DC on special attacks) +1, Reflective Hide(Spell Turning) +1, Attributes laughably only +1, Total +6 for these choices, high but come on, constant spell turning

Rereading the Karsite entry I can see how it might be added to any [Human].

If Spell Turning counts, that will be a grant total of 3, two of which may be considered Spellfire(Silver Flame from Chosen of Mystra). So not a lot to go one there, but thank you for the suggestion I will definitely consider it.

I was considering using Ravenloft to break the Urban Druid Animate Object companion. Or the Quintessentials for an elf warlock pet. Or just the boring old cohort/subordinate/leadership or what have you. At any rate, one way or another the warlock slot will be filled.

roguemetal
2014-02-01, 04:08 PM
Tibbit from Dragon Compendium may be the monstrous humanoid you want. While it's small, it has an LA of 0, and doesn't impact either Cha or Con negatively (though not positively either).

Ruethgar
2014-02-01, 04:14 PM
I suppose I could skip Karsite and go arcane cat, there was just something about auto-healing from spells that I liked.

herrhauptmann
2014-02-01, 04:49 PM
I suppose I could skip Karsite and go arcane cat, there was just something about auto-healing from spells that I liked.

And when you hit people, you randomly dispel their items too.

Or Witchslayer from ToM (binder section). Momentary Disjunction.
I don't know how good it is, since the DC seems sort of low.

Ruethgar
2014-02-01, 05:46 PM
Since I am already using SS, I think I can just take a Monstrous Humanoid association ritual and be sitting pretty with my +12 LA... yay.