PDA

View Full Version : CoC Red White and Dead All Over

TerrickTerran
2014-02-01, 07:56 PM
The invitation seemed so innocent. Your friend, Dr. Rex Michaels, had sent you an invitation to celebrate his 40th birthday party at the hospital. You had all come there to join him (well except for the cop who was there for other reasons), but you all feel something is wrong. You can't quite explain what happened. The staff seems to be missing. Dr. Michaels wasn't there. The doors are locked, the windows are barred and the patients seem to be acting strangely. It's not looking good, but perhaps there is a way to escape.

Fabletop
2014-02-02, 11:09 AM
Doyle McAllister
H.P.: 13
SAN: 55

"Alright, where's that dame of a nurse already?"

Doyle was laying in his bed, semi-propped up on pillows, enjoying a long drag from a cigarette. He looked at ease there, as comfortable as one could be sporting a stitched-up bullet hole in his hide. But, the cagey cop scanned the room and outer hallway with the calculating gaze of some jungle predator. Something strange was going. Doyle could feel it in the spot where his pistol normally rested. A nervous itch.

Or something. Probably needed a drink, was all. He licked his lips at the thought of Irish whiskey, then took another drag as twin trails of smoke curled from his nostrils.

"Hey, O'Bannon! Mikey! You catchin' winks on me, boy?"

Doyle called to the officer assigned to watch over him, in case the smugglers came back to finish the job. That, and the Captain wanted to keep reporters from camping in Doyle's
room. Those buzzards, always after a story. But, O'Bannon didn't answer. Could've been in the john or called off for something important. It happens.

Doyle shifted, getting to a sitting position with his feet sliding into waiting slippers. His side ached to heaven! He checked his bandaged side expecting a knife to be sticking out, the way it was hurtin' him. Dang-blast-it-all-lucky-shootin-palookas! If they-

Thinking he heard motion in the hallway, Doyle reached under his pillows and retrieved a
pistol. Officer O'Bannon had passed it to him earlier, 'just in case, eh?'

Who's out there? Anybody? What kinda crackpot place is this everybody playing hide and seek and all?!? Hello?"

RayvinXavier
2014-02-16, 08:17 PM
Malachi walked around looking for someone to tell him where the doctor was or any of the hospital's staff was. He was lucky to be young and have good sense of where to go looking for whoever else was around. calling out loudly for any sounds of anyone to hear his yelling. "Hellooo... Anyone about?" Malachi yelled as he walked around the halls. He wanted to find out why he'd been invited. He was a mere journalist at the local rag as a horror buff.

Malachi Knight 17yrs.

TerrickTerran
2014-02-18, 07:56 AM
Other than some patients walking around, it seems to be empty. No one seems to be responding to any words. Something feels really wrong at the moment. You can't quite put your finger on it. Something seems to be missing or perhaps there's more than it seems. You do feel like you are in danger.

Doyle
make a spot hidden roll

Fabletop
2014-02-22, 07:49 PM
Doyle McAllister

McAllister paced towards the open doorway, thinking he may've heard a voice, all the while glancing around the area. Something was definitely screwy here.

Spot.Hidden[roll0]

TerrickTerran
2014-02-22, 08:46 PM
Doyle thought he saw something but he wasn't able to figure it out. However, he did see a young man, probably a teenager wandering around as lost as he might feel at the moment.

Fabletop
2014-02-24, 07:16 PM
Doyle McAllister

Spotting the youngster, Doyle makes contact,

"Hey, kid! What're you doing there? Have you seen any nurses?"

RayvinXavier
2014-02-25, 06:15 PM
Malachi turned around rather quickly to notice a guy standing there. Who was this dude? He had to find a doctor to get his article written for the newspaper he worked for. He didn't have time to talk with other crazy people who he thought were patients. "You a patient? I need to find a doctor. I'm a journalist for the local rag, I write a horror column. I'm pretty good at it too. Why you here?" Malachi asked.

TerrickTerran
2014-02-25, 06:51 PM
While the young author and the police officer talk, a creepy feeling fills all of you. You're not quite sure what it is, but you feel like your skin is crawling. A feeling of disorientation is filling all of you.

Everyone
roll a sanity check

Fabletop
2014-02-26, 10:02 AM
Doyle McAllister

Doyle suddenly got the jitters. Was it this kid? He thought everybody knew him around town, especially reporters. Maybe he was new or something.

Or was it this hospital? Everything about this scene was strange and getting stranger. Doyle looked around the area,

"Yeah, I checked-in this dive earlier. Took one in the gut, but I'll live, if I don't die of hunger first. So you're a writer, eh? Well, I'm McAllister, a policeman."

Doyle eyed the 'writer' close, looking for anything unusual.

[roll0]

Fabletop
2014-02-26, 08:38 PM
Doyle McAllister

Doyle wheels at the new voice and palms the pistol in his shorts,

"Take it easy, fella! Nothing but human types here! Don't turn this into the O.K. Corral already! Relax. Who are you? I'm a cop. Doyle McAllister, gangland nemesis."

Doyle smiles at the new man while ready to draw his gun. This whole place was koo-koo. McAllister had to be centered and focused for these people, or things would go haywire.

RayvinXavier
2014-02-27, 03:16 PM
Malachi looked at both Doyle and the Doctor thinking he wishes he wasn't here. He wanted to be anywhere but this hospital. This place was usually filling with crazies and psych doctors. Now an empty place. What was he going to do? He was going to try getting the heck out this place. He was going to find out why there were no patients here.

"Hey Doc, Where are the patients, the doctors..? Shouldn't there be people here. This is a hospital right?" Malachi asked thinking he wanted to find out so he could write his article and get the heck out this place before he turned crazy himself.

Malachi saw the gun and that sent a chill down his spine. He knew Doyle to be a cop. So maybe Doyle would protect him from this Alfred Lyndhart. Who claimed to be a Psychiatrist. Where was everyone else?

TerrickTerran
2014-02-28, 08:48 AM
The weirdness seems to subside, but you hear a loud feminine scream in the distance. There is also the sound of heavy footsteps. Whatever is going on hasn't stopped yet. Nor what exactly is wrong, there's just the feeling that there is.

everyone
roll spot hidden

Fabletop
2014-02-28, 07:48 PM
Doyle McAllister

Doyle spins at the sound of screaming and footsteps, going for his gun simultaneously! He starts moving quickly in the direction of the panic, ready for action-almost. His side was seriously-aching. He needed rest and meds, and he was hoping maybe the scream was from a nurse who could help. Eventually. Maybe the dame could pour him a nice glass of Jack Daniels, if nothing else. The detective thought,

"I need to find out what in the blazes is going on here. This is bonkers!"

RayvinXavier
2014-03-01, 04:48 PM
Malachi Knight

[roll0]

Not sure what to do. Malachi follows Doyle holding the cop will protect him at all costs. He wasn't prepared for battled. Without a weapon for fighting with. All Malachi had was his trust notebook and pencil to job things down whatever he caught a glimpse of. He had his wits about him. That was good for a journalist.

This time the screams and panics ensue around him. He had no idea of what was going on. All Malachi knew was he was in a mental hospital an there was a doctor a psych doctor who should know what was going on. He had a gun for one. This meant something bad was going to happen. "Doctor Alfred Lyndhart, what is going on here? I want answers. I want to remain alive for this. tell us where that scream and it was a female scream wasn't it?" Malachi asked. Knowing a male from a female scream.

Malachi Knight 17yrs

TerrickTerran
2014-03-04, 10:32 PM
Instead of answering Malachi, the doctor rushes off to see the source of the scream, however, he soon gurgles and you are alone or are you? Perhaps there are others around as well.

Ecksdee
2014-03-04, 10:43 PM
Flannery Breckinridge

Hospitals were not Flannery's favorite place to begin with. So to be stuck in one recovering from injuries was not her idea of a fun time. She stood near the window, wearing an elegant dressing gown, silk pajamas and comfortable slippers. Her mind literally felt like it was wasting away from the lack of stimulation. If she didn't find a way out of here soon she'd-

A scream in the distance startled her out of her thoughts. Spinning around she narrowed her eyes. "What in the...?" Pulling her dressing gown tighter around herself she went over to the door and opened it, peeking out into the hallway...

Calinero
2014-03-05, 12:05 AM
Duncan Wilder

Since he had taken to the street, Duncan's encounters with people from his past life had been few and fleeting. Most of the people who knew him as a pastor didn't want anything to do with the unshaven homeless man he had become. Those who pressed, usually trying to offer him money or a place to stay, he avoided.

Rex Michaels had been different though. Duncan had not seen the doctor in years, and had hardly known what to say. All Rex had told him was that he should come to his birthday party at the hospital. Then he was gone.

Duncan wasn't sure why he had come, but here he was wandering around a creepy building. Something didn't feel right--where was the party? By the time he heard the scream, Duncan's nerves were already in gear. Acting on instinct he tore down the halls, searching for the source of the sound.

RayvinXavier
2014-03-05, 03:27 PM
Malachi watched the doctor rush off. Now he was completely confused to what the dear doctor was doing. The scream was going to be worse by the minute. He turned around to see a lady in a dressing gown whom seemed to be a patient. He guessed that she might know something to do with the doctor and the screams. Then he came across a man whom seem unaware of who he was. Now these two people were unusual.

Malachi walked up to the lady and smiled. "Who are you? Are you a patient or here for some other reason?" He turned to the man and asked the same. "Why are you here?"

Malachi walked along the hallway a little way to find out where the doctor went. He wanted to find out what on earth was going on. He wanted the right to any story that happened here at this crazy hospital as he was about to call it.

Fabletop
2014-03-06, 10:42 AM
Doyle McAllister

McAllister followed the hallway looking for the source of the scream and saw the writer had met a new friend. An attractive one. He thought to himself,

Things are starting to look up for you finally, Doyle old boy. This dame looks high-society. But, why's she screaming?

Doyle stops near the woman and the kid-reporter, looking at the this very elegant broad here,

"Take it easy, kid. You'll shake the lady here up even more than she already is. Are you okay, miss? No need to fear, I'm a policeman. McAllister. Doyle McAllister. Why the screaming?"

McAllister mustered a half-smile, the pain in his side almost turning his expression into a grimace. But, he toughed it out. These people needed to feel reassured and Doyle was the fella for that.

Hearing running footsteps, McAllister turns to see Duncan bolting through the hallway in their direction. He displayed his pistol,

"Whoa there, mack! Slow down! If you're here making trouble, I'll give you all you can handle and more!"

TerrickTerran
2014-03-06, 10:45 AM
The four of you are still alone, the doctor has disappeared although you get the feeling he's somewhere, and there's still the mysterious scream. What you choose to do is up to you but that uneasy feeling is getting stronger and stronger.

Calinero
2014-03-06, 12:34 PM
Duncan

Duncan stopped as soon as he saw the cop--an instinct you pick up pretty quickly on the streets. His hands went up to a half raised position on reflex.

"Woah, easy. I'm just here to see Dr. Michaels. My name's Duncan. Where is everyone?"

Fabletop
2014-03-06, 12:37 PM
Doyle McAllister

McAllister turns towards the screaming, then tells the others,

"I need to check this out. You folks stay behind me!"

He races in the direction of the screams, pistol up and ready!

TerrickTerran
2014-03-06, 12:48 PM
Doyle
make a sanity check

While Doyle is off investigating, more screams are happening in various places. Or maybe it's your own screams. It's getting very disorienting here. You hear an intercom saying "Dr. Michaels, to the operating room, Dr. Michaels to the operating room."

Everyone except Doyle
make a listen check

Calinero
2014-03-06, 12:50 PM
Listen check: [roll0]

Ecksdee
2014-03-06, 08:10 PM
Flannery blinked at the younger man, leaning against the door frame. "What? Of course I'm a patient here. I'm trying to figure out where the hell all the nurses and doctors have gone!" This was ridiculous! What kind of hospital was this?

Not too long afterward an older gentleman came running up. One who was quite easy on the eyes. She gave him a cursory once over as he introduced himself and revealed his status as a police officer. Good. If there was any trouble lurking about he could certainly take care of it.

"Flannery Breckinridge. Charmed." She didn't smile, only nodding in response. "And for the record I was not the one screaming."

A third man then joined the fray, nearly getting shot for his sudden entrance. He was looking for the good Dr. Michaels, who was mysteriously missing. Flannery didn't like this situation at all. Maybe it was time to check herself out of here? Either way she wasn't going to roam the halls alone. Officer McAllister had a weapon, so sticking near him seemed to make the most sense. He rushed off to investigate, and more screams soon followed, in addition to a voice requesting Dr. Michaels' presence in the OR.

"This is insane. Absolutely insane..." She eventually gave chase behind Doyle, biting her lip nervously.

Listen Check: [roll0]

RayvinXavier
2014-03-06, 08:20 PM
[roll0]

Malachi looked at the girl running off after Doyle the cop. He thought they were totally crazy. He was going to follow behind, slowly and far behind them both. Leaving Duncan behind to look out for himself.

Malachi was curious about why Doyle and Flannery were going after the screams. He was thinking it was an insane move. He was a writer after all. Plus, his journalistic thinking was getting the best of him and he followed behind them both.

TerrickTerran
2014-03-06, 08:25 PM
Flannery, Duncan
despite the sound being an intercom, you do not see where one is.

Doyle
[roll0]

Doyle comes to where the sound was. He gasps in horror as he sees the doctor's body strung up across a door, gutted, as blood gurgles through his mouth. Whatever did this had very sharp claws.

Doyle
roll spot hidden

Flannery, Malachi, Duncan if you join them
roll a sanity check please

Fabletop
2014-03-06, 09:11 PM
Doyle McAllister
SAN: 51

SWEET MOTHER OF---

Doyle was dumbstruck! The massacre staring at him was something out of a nightmare. He'd seen some nasty things before, but this. The doc looked like somebody'd taken a chainsaw to him. Somebody who's probably still here!

McAllister brought up his gun and spun around several times, aiming down hallways, at open doors, at the PA speaker, at anything or anywhere the killer might be! Doyle barely noticed how hard he was breathing or that he was prepared to shoot anybody who made the mistake of walking into his line of sight!

Hold it together, boyo. Hold it together, now.

The star-cop looked around for the slightest motion, but all he thinks about was that mangled piece of meat that used to be a man.

Spot Hidden[roll0]

Calinero
2014-03-06, 11:54 PM
Duncan

The cop was running off, and the dame was right behind him. Even the kid--who the hell was this teenager anyway?--was running after them. Duncan wasn't sure what was going on, but he had seen kids like this back in the trenches. Ones who hadn't been taught about their own mortality yet. He followed after them, sure of only one thing: whatever was here, he didn't want to face it alone.

Sanity check:
[roll0]

RayvinXavier
2014-03-08, 07:20 PM
[roll0]Sanity Check

Running after the cop and Flannery Malachi sees the remains of the doctor. Freaking out, he wanted to get out this building, this hospital. He didn't want to be there if anyone died or got killed. this was so scary he wanted to be outside.

"Hello, anyone there" Malachi screamed out loudly. He hoped this would warn anyone ahead of him that he was coming around the corner. He turned the corner and saw the cop wielding a pistol. He ducked and got onto the floor on all fours. He hoped the cop didn't fire at him.

[roll1]Spot Hidden

Calinero
2014-03-09, 12:07 PM
Duncan

HP: 14 Sanity: 36

The sight of the corpse brought back memories of the trenches, and Duncan felt the gorge rise in his throat. He was quickly sobered by the sight of the cop brandishing his gun. For a moment, he forgot that he was homeless and that cops were his 'natural enemy.' In that moment, he was a Lieutenant in the Army Corps again, and there was a man in front of him who was being an idiot.

"Put that gun DOWN!" he barked at Doyle. "Jesus, man! You're going to get us all killed!"

Fabletop
2014-03-10, 04:23 PM
Doyle McAllister

Doyle's eyes flared with anger! He trained his pistol on Duncan!

"Who do you think you're ordering around, pal!?!? I'm an officer of the law and this is now a murder scene, see!?" Funny how you appear just before I find this body, eh? What are you so nervous about, mack? Just keep your mitts where I can see 'em!"

"Somebody get to a phone and call the police! Tell 'em there's been a murder at the hospital, but Officer McAllister has a suspect in custody!"

"Mal, keep Ms. Breckinridge down the hall, will'ya? She doesn't need to see any of this."

Doyle eyed Duncan, his pistol pointed right between his eyes, waiting for the fella to make a move.

Ecksdee
2014-03-10, 06:38 PM
Flannery Breckinrdige

She ran as fast as her feet could carry her, though Officer McAllister was quite a ways ahead. Damn these slippers! She started to slow down, clearly out of breath. And then she could hear a commotion, including the officer's voice telling Malcolm to keep her away from the scene. What in the blazes? She furrowed her brow, though took slow steps towards the corner she'd seen them go around.

"Keep me away from what?"

TerrickTerran
2014-03-10, 07:47 PM
As Flannery approaches, she sees the horror that is the former doctor in full view.

Flanner
roll a sanity check

Malachi sees the body but as he's described worse things in his stories, it barely fazes him

lose 1 sanity

The detective and the drifter seem to be at a standoff. A wrong move by either could cause even more violence than there already is. Meanwhile the intercom voice (but not the intercom itself) seems to be blaring again. "Dr. Michaels, you are needed in surgery. Dr. Michaels, you are needed in surgery." In the distance there are heavy footsteps.

everyone
roll a listen check

Calinero
2014-03-10, 11:38 PM
Duncan

HP: 14 San: 36

Duncan stared down the pistol barrel, trying not to blink.

"If you're going to shoot me in cold blood, I think as many people ought to see it as possible," he said in as calm a voice as he could muster. "Look at me, man. I just got here with you. You think I did this, didn't get any blood on me at all, went and found you, then came back? It doesn't make sense." He looked around as the intercom blared.

"I don't know about you, but I think we ought to head to the operating room. It sounds like there we can at least find someone who knows what's going on."

[roll0] Listen check.

Fabletop
2014-03-11, 04:35 PM
Doyle McAllister

Doyle pondered Duncan's word,

"Okay. You check the OR. I'll try and find a phone to call this mess in."

"Nothing fancy mister! Or I'll paint the wall with you. Now get going!"

McAllister eyed the dead man, looking for signs of how he was massacred.

Spot.hidden[roll0]

RayvinXavier
2014-03-16, 12:57 PM
1d100Listen Check

H.P. 12
SAN 74

Malachi got to where both Duncan and Doyle were talking about doing something. The intercom was worrying him a tad. All Malachi wanted to know was what on earth was going on here. They both had reasons to have a brawl or shootout or something. Malachi was going to stand back and make notes for his article in the paper.

"Flannery, come on I need your comments for my article. I got to figure out what I'm hearing and make notes. Just want to get this down right. I have an article to write and get in print. All Malachi wanted was the facts and getting in own onto his notebook.

Malachi 17yrs.

RayvinXavier
2014-03-16, 01:02 PM
[roll0]Listen Check

H.P. 12
SAN 74

Malachi 17yrs.

Ecksdee
2014-03-16, 08:28 PM
Flannery saw the doctor... or what was left of him. And immediately she screamed, covering her face and turning away. "Oh my god! He's... he's...! She felt like fainting, but instead stumbled back to try and compose herself. She wanted out of here now. Mal's words to her fell on deaf ears. She was simply just too shocked!

Sanity Roll:
[roll0]

Ecksdee
2014-03-16, 08:29 PM
Listen Check:
[roll0]

Fabletop
2014-03-18, 04:04 PM
Doyle McAllister

Doyle moves to comfort Miss Flannery with a hug. Feeling her shivering body next to his. This was his domain,

"Don't look, miss. It's ugly but I'm working on it. You'll be safe with me. Go back to your room and I'll handle this. Pour us both a drink if you can find it. You're too special to deal with this. You an actress? Definitely have the looks."

McAllister winks at Flannery shbowing her his weapon.

TerrickTerran
2014-03-18, 04:40 PM
Malachi, Flannery
There's the creaking of wheels not too far away from you.
Doyle
You find a page torn from a book

As you are recovering from the shock of seeing the body, the intercom voice goes silent. The uneasiness seems lessened for some reason. You still know you're probably not safe but at least for the moment, the danger seems to have passed or at least relocated.

Fabletop
2014-03-18, 06:35 PM
Doyle McAllister

While distracting the lovely lady, McAllister catches something out of the corner of his eye.

He walks towards the butchered corpse and draws a crumple, bloodied piece of paper from the coat pocket of the victim!

Unfolding the paper, Doyle, wiping blood from his fingertips, tries to see if anything is written on the sheet.

"Suicide letter? Haha! Not likely with this one. Probably a useless prescription or the like."

Ecksdee
2014-03-20, 07:50 AM
Flannery huddled into Doyle's chest. "This is a nightmare. AN absolute nightmare." She wanted to go home. She'd be safe there. Not here. At Doyle's suggestion she shakes her head. "No don't leave me alone! Whatever got him will get me.."

The sound of wheels made her incline her head in the direction the noise was coming from. What now?

RayvinXavier
2014-03-20, 11:20 AM
H.P. 12
SAN 74

Malachi looked around, trying to take in his surroundings. The income stopping changed his worry to calm. He noticed Flannery cuddling with Doyle. He looked around and thought he wanted to find out what was going on. He looked at them. "This is odd. I think this is awesome. Suicide letter?" The suicide letter was something Malachi hadn't dealt with. Now he had to find out more. This was going to be one awesome story for the newspaper.

"This is going to be one awesome story for the rag I write for. I want to find out more. Shall we go to the OR or get out of here."

Calinero
2014-03-21, 08:43 AM
Duncan

Duncan shook his head in disbelief--the kid was worried about getting a story at a time like this? And they seriously thought that the eviscerated man had committed suicide?

"We can read the note on the way," he said, fighting back the nausea of being in the same room as the corpse. "Personally, I'd rather not stick around where there's a killer. I'm heading to the OR." Duncan will set off in that direction.

TerrickTerran
2014-03-21, 08:55 AM
the OR is down a long hall. It doesn't require a spot check to see blood lining both sides of the hallway. There is a stench of death that could make a strong man nauseous. Inside the operating room you can hear sounds though they are muffled by the thick doors.

Doyle
If you look at the page, it's a page from a book.

Everyone
roll a sanity check please

Calinero
2014-03-21, 08:57 AM
Sanity:

[roll0]

Edit: ouch

RayvinXavier
2014-03-21, 07:41 PM
[roll0] Sanity Check

TerrickTerran
2014-03-31, 04:52 PM
sanity checks for Doyle and Flannery please

The page looks to be from a story. The writer is not a famous one. In fact only Malachi is perhaps familiar with him

Malachi, roll both a literature history and library use roll

The hallway which is seeped in blood has rats eating human brains. Even if you make your sanity roll, you feel rather nauseous and there are still the sounds coming from the operating room.

RayvinXavier
2014-03-31, 05:06 PM
[roll0] Literature Check

[roll1]Library Check

Malachi looks at the page to not recognize the writer is, just recognize the publisher and that they publish horror novels or works of writing. Malachi lets the others know his findings. He still isn't affected by the blood and rats eating the human brains on the floor. He looks at it as he has written worse things in his articles and novels. He is a young horror writer.

Fabletop
2014-04-01, 06:04 PM
SAN.check[roll0]

Doyle McAllister

McAllister went searching for a telephone to alert police and get some kind of back-up at this crazyhouse! Then, he'd check the OR.

"All this insanity! I'll get to the bottom of it if it kills me!

This looks like more than one killer. I'll call it in and then we'll see, eh?"