PDA

View Full Version : Most Spells per Round?

roguemetal
2014-02-01, 09:42 PM
I remember seeing somewhere that someone could cast 600+ spells in a single round on one of the Optimization threads. How would this be feasible?

I imagine with Haste, Time Stop, Quicken Spell, and the Celerity line, you could get maybe 24-30 spells off in a turn given high optimization, but 600+? If anyone has a link to the lost thread, or could surmise how it would be doable, please share.

Gemini476
2014-02-01, 09:54 PM
Cast Sanctum Spell Greater Arcane Fusion. As the seventh level spell in the Fusion, cast Sanctum Spell Greater Arcane Fusion. As the fourth level spell, cast Sanctum Spell Sending.

You have now cast a NI amount of spells, and can spam 25-word messages to everyone you are familiar with. A NI amount of 25-word messages.

Or any other 5th or lower spell instead of Sending, I suppose.

roguemetal
2014-02-01, 10:08 PM
Actually, the build probably just used Beholder Mage, which could easily make that mark with some optimization and smart spell casting.

TuggyNE
2014-02-01, 10:17 PM
I remember seeing somewhere that someone could cast 600+ spells in a single round on one of the Optimization threads. How would this be feasible?

I imagine with Haste, Time Stop, Quicken Spell, and the Celerity line, you could get maybe 24-30 spells off in a turn given high optimization, but 600+? If anyone has a link to the lost thread, or could surmise how it would be doable, please share.

Getting NI spells is easy enough; getting roughly 600, no more and no less, is rather more dependent on nitpicky build details, and off-hand I don't know exactly what would add up to that. Beholder Mage and (greater) arcane fusion, as mentioned, RKV, contingency, Swiftblade, Twin Spell, Repeat Spell, and probably some others could all help, but if you wedge them all in you might overshoot the mark. :smallwink:

kardar233
2014-02-01, 10:52 PM
An alternate method to Beholder Mage could be Shapechange into a Nagahydra from Serpent Kingdoms, which gets you six or seven spells per round base.

Nettlekid
2014-02-01, 11:00 PM
A StP Erudite with an efficient PP recharge system could get as many powers/spell-to-powers out as they wanted, using Twinned Synchronicity for the standard actions and jumping into a Temporal Acceleration to recharge and reset your Psionic Foci.

Mithril Leaf
2014-02-02, 04:01 AM
A StP Erudite with an efficient PP recharge system could get as many powers/spell-to-powers out as they wanted, using Twinned Synchronicity for the standard actions and jumping into a Temporal Acceleration to recharge and reset your Psionic Foci.

Far better idea to get those spells added to your list as an Ardent and then using looping recharge and action abuse via dominant mantle.

Feint's End
2014-02-02, 04:33 AM
Far better idea to get those spells added to your list as an Ardent and then using looping recharge and action abuse via dominant mantle.

Actually the easiest way to pull this off is Ardent 10/Metamind 10. Dominant Mantle on whichever Mantle you got Synchronicity.

Enter Font of Power and use one to use as many Linked Synchronicities as you want (no Focus lost and no PP cost). Important is that you use all the "readied actions" while it is still your turn because otherwise it would reset your round.

Round 2 you got infinite standard actions.

edit: You could probably combine the whole thing with Twinned for infinte actions every round during Font of Power.

Gemini476
2014-02-02, 04:59 AM
Hmm. Well, I guess having a Twinned Repeating Greater Arcane Fusion (Twinned Repeating Arcane Fusion(4th level spell, 1st level spell), 4th level spell) gets you a whole lot of spells.

Repeat Spell is +3 levels, Twin Spells is +4 levels. It's a bit difficult to get that down to +1-+2ish, so just use Incantatrix or something to apply it for free or whatever.

Let's stuff in Celerity as the fourth level spell and Locate City as the first level spell, because why not. Make sure to be immune to Daze!

1st Turn: Greater Arcane Fusion, Twinned Greater Arcane Fusion, Arcane Fusion, Twinned Arcane Fusion, Arcane Fusion, Twinned Arcane Fusion, 6*Celerity, 4*Locate City. Total number of spells: 16
2nd Turn: Repeat Greater Arcane Fusion, Twinned Repeat Greater Arcane Fusion, Repeat Arcane Fusion, Repeat Twinned Arcane Fusion, Repeat Arcane Fusion, Repeat Twinned Arcane Fusion, Arcane Fusion, Twinned Arcane Fusion, Arcane Fusion, Twinned Arcane Fusion, 10*Celerity, 8*Locate City. Total number of spells: 16+28
3rd Turn: Repeat Arcane Fusion, Twinned Repeat Arcane Fusion, Repeat Arcane Fusion, Twinned Repeat Arcane Fusion, 4*Celerity, 4*Locate City. Total number of spells: 16+28+12

So you get 56 spells from that one casting of Greater Arcane Fusion. And 20 standard actions.

If you use those standard actions on the first turn to cast TRGAF, you get 196 spells cast on the second round. Just from the repeats. You also get a total of one move action and 71 standard actions, as well as a Swift Action and the next turns Swift Action in the form of an Immediate Action, so you could technically cast 73 spells to go with those repeating spells. Maybe you could make some of those Arcane Fusions or something, I dunno. I'm not entirely sure how to calculate this.

All I know is that if there are any cities within 10 miles/CL, you are going to get a bit of a headache.

Mithril Leaf
2014-02-02, 05:00 AM
Actually the easiest way to pull this off is Ardent 10/Metamind 10. Dominant Mantle on whichever Mantle you got Synchronicity.

Enter Font of Power and use one to use as many Linked Synchronicities as you want (no Focus lost and no PP cost). Important is that you use all the "readied actions" while it is still your turn because otherwise it would reset your round.

Round 2 you got infinite standard actions.

edit: You could probably combine the whole thing with Twinned for infinte actions every round during Font of Power.

Or you could just get an utterly obscene number of standard actions per round ten levels earlier. I know that's what I'd prefer.

Anthrowhale
2014-02-02, 07:28 PM
The Sanctum Arcane Fusion trick does not work according to errata for Arcane Fusion. But you can easily do an Arcane Fusion [Celerity, L1] to cast as many spells as you have spell slots L5+ in a single round.

Application of chained twin and repeat can magnify this greatly---a Twin Repeat Wish [Twin Repeat Greater Arcane Fusion [ Twin Repeat Limited Wish [ Twin Repeat Arcane Fusion [Twin Repeat L4- , Twin Repeat L1- ] ] , Twin Repeat L4- ] ] would put out 1024 L1- spells and 1088 L4- spells from a single 9th level slot. Doing this would require 5 or 6 Arcane Thesis spells, Twin, Easy Twin, Repeat, Easy Repeat, and one modifier 0 metamagic like Invisible Spell.

GutterFace
2014-02-02, 07:58 PM
Leadership + 130(ish) level 1 wizards all cast on your turn

profit?

Erik Vale
2014-02-02, 08:14 PM
If 3.0 material is available, Pick up multitasking and as many arm grafts [such as ghost hand's from libre mortis] as you can afford [3000 a pop]. You can now perform a number of extra actions equal to pairs of hands-1, but they can only use your hands.
This is also known as becoming a blasty warlock.
And if you go this route, also look at multiheaded and multivoice to get off two spells as a full round action, as long as one only uses your voice.

If you consider time stop to be in the same round [I don't know why, but it was mentioned in the OP] Wizard 5/Ultimate Magus X [X is the number of levels to get to minimum level to get timestop] can persist time stop, for 24 hours of actions. And with 2 Level 9 + 2 Level 4 Pearls of Power, can keep it up indefinitely [I think sleeping turns off your spells, if not, then you only need one of each to maintain indefinite time stop]. Combine War Weaver and Spellguard of Silvery Moon [I think for the last one], and you can then affect a number of additional people equal to your int modifier, allowing you to do entire adventures in one effective round...