PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] The Outside XXXIX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

McBish
2014-02-02, 12:05 AM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/menacingcrab.jpg) These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existent duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Now more commonly known as Melody's Island, since Gersemi has long ago retired.

Where once was a single hut with a few sheep, now stands a single hut, a barn, a few sheep, and a small tented community of orphans. Gersemi's loom still rests in one corner of the single hut.

Melody, like Gersemi before her, is a healer for the surrounding islands.

(Please PM Lex-Kat if you wish to interact with Melody.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090705011306/courage/images/b/bc/Katz.png

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

[North Forest]
A magical forest with a mythical spring of beauty. A bit like the Weald, but not nearly as dangerous. For starters, you can find your way back out and the pixies aren't cannibals.

Frozen Forest & Hermitage
A large forest of tall trees and once very pretty flowers lies here. The entire forest has been completely frozen over, and a blizzard constantly storms and snows over the forest, but doesn't affect even an inch past the forest border. The forest is still very pretty; the flowers and mushrooms glittering under a frozen layer. The place is pretty safe, if you're used to constant snow and cold temperatures.

PM the thread maker if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Arkhosia
2014-02-02, 12:09 AM
Storms

An enormous amount of clouds is above this scorched plain, raining profusely. Very often, lighting descends from the clouds to scorch the plain.
Almost too often...

INTERACTION WANTED!

Morcleon
2014-02-02, 12:33 AM
[Walking to Inside]

"Yikes, still pretty raw then I imagine. Time will help." There it is clear that she is speaking from experience. "I don't mind listening, good to know I'm not the only one that is screwed up. No offense."

She then takes the next step into a NEW THREAD. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16912512#post16912512)

[Walking to Inside]

"It will," Yuki agrees, smirking at her next words. "None taken. Acknowledgement of one's own oddities is a good thing."

"So, I don't suppose I could interest you in a graft or two?" He smiles cheekily. "It won't be painful or expensive, I promise~"

McBish
2014-02-02, 12:59 AM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia shakes her head. "I'm guessing those grafts are magical right? Me and magic don't mix any more." She says sounding regretful at the fact. Maybe not about missing the opportunities to get grafted, but more about the magic in general.

Ionbound
2014-02-02, 10:52 AM
The movement between the trees halts.

A man wearing chainmail steps out into the clearing, crossbow held at the ready and aimed at Therlynn. The nocked bolt is silver and barbed, leaving no question to it's a purpose, a weapon meant specifically for werewolves.

"I won't speak with you, not as mutts. Take human form, now, and this will end better." Hannod calls, still keeping as much distance from the girls as the clearing will allow. His free hand rests on the pommel of a sword slung to his belt.

[Glade]

Therlynn resumes human form, and nods to Ezra, hoping she does the same. She eyes the bolt nervously, and says to the man, "Alright. I can see that you're serious here...And from your choice of tactics, I can guess that you're self-styled "hunters". Word of advice, the scent trick doesn't work on people who've used it before themselves...Is there no chance of dealing with this quickly and peacefully?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-02, 11:52 AM
[Glade]

Therlynn resumes human form, and nods to Ezra, hoping she does the same. She eyes the bolt nervously, and says to the man, "Alright. I can see that you're serious here...And from your choice of tactics, I can guess that you're self-styled "hunters". Word of advice, the scent trick doesn't work on people who've used it before themselves...Is there no chance of dealing with this quickly and peacefully?"

Ezra nervously does so, subconsciously inching behind Therlynn

Morcleon
2014-02-02, 12:20 PM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia shakes her head. "I'm guessing those grafts are magical right? Me and magic don't mix any more." She says sounding regretful at the fact. Maybe not about missing the opportunities to get grafted, but more about the magic in general.

[Walking to Inside]

"Mm... some of them are. I can get you a nonmagical one if you'd like." Yuki gives her a confused look. "Ah... if you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

McBish
2014-02-02, 12:42 PM
[Walking to Inside]

"I used to be a magician. There was a group of us, and we we were on a project to try and expand our powers. We were smart and bored and thought we were looking at something big. There was an accident, it was... it was bad. I barely survived it, the others weren't so lucky." There is a lot of regret and guilt in her voice there. "When it happened something was torn from me. Now I can't work magic like I used to. Almost any type of magic that I could try to use comes with a side of pain."

Lex-Kat
2014-02-02, 03:21 PM
Melody's Island

Happy kisses Melody on the forehead. "It's okay, hon. Lyanna's taking good care of you. I'll be right back."

As much as her maternal instincts are screaming at her to stay with Melody, she knows Jezebelle is suffering even more, with one daughter missing and a barrier keeping her from the other. And shapeshifting is an excellent tool for shifting rubble.

Then she pauses. Lyanna has no doubt seen her shapeshift before. But the thing she's doing now is much more extreme than growing wings or stretching an arm to reach something on a high shelf. She might end up completely unrecognizeable as a human. "Lyanna, I'm going to do some crazy shapeshifting to help your momma through. It'll look kind of ugly, but it doesn't hurt, and I'll be back to normal in a few minutes."

She places her hands on the rocks and has her fingers extend like roots, searching for crevices to grow between. Once she has found a likely spot, she'll force more mass into the "roots" and push rocks aside, being careful to support what she's doing to prevent any further collapse.

If she succeeds in making an entry for Derek and Jezebelle, it's quite likely that her entire body will be incorporated into the effort.

Derek starts trying to shift the rocks around so he might be able to get through. "Jezebelle I think I can get through up here." Of course that is before Happy starts to shift around the rocks. Derek will probably have to scramble back out of the rocks when she does that.

Jezebelle was just about to start climbing when Happy begins to shift the rocks doing something Jezebelle never thought possible.

Lyanna watches at first, wondering just what Happy was going to do that would be "ugly". But when she sees just how ugly, she turns her head with a squeek, "Eeep!" and closes her eyes.

Jezebelle stands back, looking up and offering a hand to help Derek get down. Once he's down, she'll wait for a hole in the rocks big enough for her to climb through, then immediately hug Lyanna tightly. Momma's here, baby. I'm soo, so sorry. she says, tears coming to her eyes.

Shadowcaller
2014-02-02, 03:40 PM
[Luna Lake]

"It's not that bad. I have this carrier thing, and I breast feed Annie right now. It's not that hard to figure out food for myself." Kitty says... somewhat optimistically. It has been pretty tough, though...

[Luna Lake]

Oh right. Breast feeding was a thing. Like those... yeah, the tribal women. Though she was pretty sure women did it in town too, just less publicly.
She puts on her shirt, immediately feeling more comfortable. "We should go back to civilization then, I need to buy some new clothes anyway and you could buy... something for the baby."

Morcleon
2014-02-02, 03:52 PM
[Walking to Inside]

"I used to be a magician. There was a group of us, and we we were on a project to try and expand our powers. We were smart and bored and thought we were looking at something big. There was an accident, it was... it was bad. I barely survived it, the others weren't so lucky." There is a lot of regret and guilt in her voice there. "When it happened something was torn from me. Now I can't work magic like I used to. Almost any type of magic that I could try to use comes with a side of pain."

[Walking to Inside]

Yuki winces. He puts on a comforting expression. "Ah... that's pretty bad. Still, I can't help but wonder if I can help fix it, or at least lessen the pain. I am a doctor, after all."

Gullara
2014-02-02, 03:53 PM
[Luna Lake]

"Right, sure. Something for the baby." Kitty says. It's obviously just an invitation to come along, but why would she turn down that? "Let's get going then." She sets about gathering her belongings and getting Annie back into the carrier, and then they can go.

Shadowcaller
2014-02-02, 04:27 PM
[Luna Lake]

"Uh... would you help me with the binding first please?" Kitty seemed pretty open about that even if it was a bit awkward. She really had to get a new one first. She holds up the binder and smiles sheepishly. "I was thinking of buying a new one on mallside, ever been there?" She didn't want to linger on the subject of breast binders too long, or at all.

ThirdEmperor
2014-02-02, 05:53 PM
Wolf Glade

"You could always surrender." Hannod says, obviously without the slightest expectation they'll do so. He almost seems to find the thought funny.

His friends in the trees are moving again, splitting up to circle around the grove and flank Therlynn. It's easier to see them now: Three more men, all carrying crossbows, armor bearing the crest of a shield wrapped in sunlight.

Ionbound
2014-02-02, 06:10 PM
[Glade of Men]

Therlynn says, "And if we surrender, I assume there is no pleasant fate in store for us?" She changes and leaps at him, trying to, if not bite him, then tackle him.

Arkhosia
2014-02-02, 06:32 PM
[Glade of Men]

Therlynn says, "And if we surrender, I assume there is no pleasant fate in store for us?" She changes and leaps at him, trying to, if not bite him, then tackle him.

Ezra's eyes burn with anger.
No! I will not be held against my will EVER AGAIN!
She yells, charging at the nearest soldier while transforming and leaps at him when finished, trying to pin down and savage him/her.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-02, 09:25 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger nods and follows the human back out to the bike she left outside. No comment for now.

Wintry Palace

Tep shrugs. It's not his place to judge.
Behind the door his a short staircase leading down.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-02, 10:41 PM
Western Ghost Town

She straps on the helmet tightly. "If I'm going to be in crazy town, I want my head to be protected." That done, she takes a deep breath. She calms noticeably. "Okay... now what? Call an expert on creepy stuff?"

Deathkeeper
2014-02-02, 10:44 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger nods.
"Yeah, I should probably call HQ on this one. I've got experience with magic to some degree, but I'm still no mage, and if the place actually is haunted or infested with demons I don't know how to handle either."

Lost_Deep
2014-02-02, 10:48 PM
Western Ghost Town

"I'd like to think I can take on demons, but I'm not sure. It's never come up. Ghosts... likely not, but I don't know much about ghosts. And I know bugger all about magic." She sighs. As there is very little light right now, she turns on the headlights on her motorcycle. "Want to see if the post office is less doomy?"

Deathkeeper
2014-02-02, 10:51 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger seems to consider this for a moment.
" I suppose we could. It couldn't hurt to confirm a supernatural presence throughout the whole place. Do you have experience with demons?"

Lost_Deep
2014-02-02, 11:15 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Uh... no. I've fought a few powered individuals, but not really any demons. Well... there was one where I wouldn't be surprised if she... or it... WAS a demon, but I don't know anything for sure," She admits.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-02, 11:17 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger shrugs.
"Trust me, it's one time where while handy, you really don't want to say you've got experience with that sort of thing personally. Because then that means you've fought a demon, and that sucks. Would you like me to lead?" he says, gesturing to the office.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-02, 11:21 PM
Western Ghost Town

She grabs the cycle's handle and turns it to point at the office. "Yeah, I'll be right behind you." She'll walk the cycle after him, giving plenty of light.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-02, 11:48 PM
Wintry Palace

Tep shrugs. It's not his place to judge.
Behind the door his a short staircase leading down.

Wintry Palace:
Still slightly embarrassed, Romeo begins a steady descent downward. Downward feels like the right direction for a dungeon to be.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 12:05 AM
Wintry Palace

At the foot of the stairs Romeo will find himself in the cellar. Or rather, the entire basement level. The wine cellar is dusty and untouched for the most part, but Romeo is looking for the dungeon. Which may be rather hard because there's basically no light down there, since undead don't need it. He might still be guided in the right direction past around a corner or two and up to a metal door with bars over its window by the very soft sound of singing.
"From the mists of the mountains a deafening call
bellows down over the plains,
On a host of battle-worn ears it does fall
pushin' out through the thunder and rains,
This Man of the North, he has suffered too long,
the anger it swells in his veins!
Of the spirit that roared this lost warrior's song,
distant echoes are all that remain... "

Of course, Tep will summon a little ball of red light for the two of them if Romeo has no such ability, smirking a bit with his canine features.

ThirdEmperor
2014-02-03, 12:10 AM
Wolf Glade

Hannod fires. And unfortunately, due to Ezra's attempting to hide behind her companion, even if Therlynn dodges it will only put the other wolf in the way of that terrible silver bolt.

But the hunter barely pauses to see who's hit. Nor does he waste time trying to draw his sword in the instant before Therylnn is upon him. Instead he drops the crossbow to lunge towards his attacker, throwing himself under her leap and into a roll that brings him back to his feet with a good distance between them.

Ezra's eyes burn with anger.
No! I will not be held against my will EVER AGAIN!
She yells, charging at the nearest soldier while transforming and leaps at him when finished, trying to pin down and savage him/her.

Panic flits across the soldier's face, and he fumbles as he lifts his crossbow to fire. The shot flies wide and there's no second chances. Ezra's inhuman strength is more than enough to tear him apart.

But there's two more soldiers across the clearing and both fire as she sets upon her victim. One shot buries itself harmlessly in a tree, but the second is aimed dead for her right shoulder.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-03, 08:42 AM
Wintry Palace

At the foot of the stairs Romeo will find himself in the cellar. Or rather, the entire basement level. The wine cellar is dusty and untouched for the most part, but Romeo is looking for the dungeon. Which may be rather hard because there's basically no light down there, since undead don't need it. He might still be guided in the right direction past around a corner or two and up to a metal door with bars over its window by the very soft sound of singing.
"From the mists of the mountains a deafening call
bellows down over the plains,
On a host of battle-worn ears it does fall
pushin' out through the thunder and rains,
This Man of the North, he has suffered too long,
the anger it swells in his veins!
Of the spirit that roared this lost warrior's song,
distant echoes are all that remain... "

Of course, Tep will summon a little ball of red light for the two of them if Romeo has no such ability, smirking a bit with his canine features.

Wintry Palace:

Romeo nods to the book imp as a silent thanks for the light. He'll also try to open the door.

happyturtle
2014-02-03, 09:26 AM
Melody's Island

Assuming Derek climbs through as well, Happy will extract herself from the rockslide and return to her normal shape.

McBish
2014-02-03, 09:30 AM
[Walking to Inside]

Yuki might notice that Amelia is holding her lower stomach, like you would if you were queasy. It is an unconscious move that Amelia doesn't realize she does when talking about her accident. "No that is OK. I've seen a few specialists and they haven't been able to help me." She sounds almost embarrassed about her affliction.

=======================

Melody's Island

Derek manages to crawl backwards as the rocks shift around, following Jezebelle through the opening Happy made. He does his best not to step on any parts of Happy he might have to crawl over to get through the hole. Once on the other side he see's Jezebelle go straight to her daughter, but he moves over to kneel down next to Melody. He will try to quickly look her over to see the extent of her injuries.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 10:28 AM
Spirits with a Hollow Heart

Yûki-aru confirms, nodding as he replies, Yes, that is why I was sent to this realm, though it was, to my belief, previously unexplored. As to your question, I have some Hollow Bait that should summon them here. The only issue is that I don't know how many will appear. The shinigami removes a crumbly, disk-shaped object from within his tunic and holds it between two fingers, ready to snap it.
The idea of the unknown variable behind the use of that bait gives Leo an uneasy feeling. "Are you sure it's safe to use that," he asks. "If it's just the two of us, we'd better be careful not to get in over our heads. I mean, I don't know the extent of your abilities, but I can only do so much..." It's true that Leo can perform exorcisms, and he's not entirely useless in a fight, but there's no telling just how effective his foreign abilities will be against these new foes...

----------------------------------

Survivors of Other-Gensokyo

Magical amnesia! :smallfrown:
"Alright, just...Ugh...Give me a second." Sanji's getting a bit frustrated by the difficulties he's facing; it's one thing to get the people out of those Seal Pods, but helping them adjust is incredibly far outside his comfort zone. He turns back to Domnus and Venatus and asks them, "Alright, guys, here's the deal: there's a refugee camp being set up for us new arrivals outside the campgrounds for the...(I can't believe I'm saying this)...the Good League of Good. Take the kid there and make sure he gets patched up; I don't know who or what he is, but he's not safe out here, and I've got friends there, people that I trust.

"Once you do that, get back out here and start looking for more Seal Pods," he instructs further. "If you can't open them with magic, like I just did, at least keep them safe until one of us yokai comes along or until they open on their own, then protect the occupants until they're well enough to go to the camp; escort them there, if you have to, but make sure they survive one way or another."

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 12:12 PM
Looking for Caelynn

"Shoot, she got away. Watch for traps."

Magtok sighs in exasperation, and walks over to grab the phone. Maybe there's a new contact in there or something he can use as a clue. It'd be terribly aggravating if the trail went cold here and now; with an old enemy here to gleefully criticize his shoddy performance.

"She can't have gotten too far."
Ashna carefully walks around the rock, looking around for any sign of Caelynn, or anyone else; disturbed rocks, unexplained shining things, tracks in the dust.
She's trying to invent some reason that Caelynn wouldn't have teleported away again, letting them find her here.

[Storms]

A person is walking along here, dancing in between the lightning strokes; this is just like home. Finally, a segment of the NEXUS with reasonable weather.
She looks to be a tough, scarred woman, wearing layers of light armor, with two swords strapped over her back. Red hair is cut short and unevenly, further mussed by a pear of heavy goggles set over her eyes. She's looking for something, and right now this scorched plain is just another step; except when leaving an electrically charged area, she keeps on the same track.

Aric Kale
2014-02-03, 12:42 PM
Spirits with Hollow Hearts

My zanpakuto allows me to create heavy fog and impenetrable darkness. Within it, only I can see. If I summon such shadows and mist, the Hollows shouldn't have an effective number advantage. He tries to assure the exorcist, unsheathing his blade and slicing an invisible "X" in the air.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 12:48 PM
Looking for Caelynn

Ashna carefully walks around the rock, looking around for any sign of Caelynn, or anyone else; disturbed rocks, unexplained shining things, tracks in the dust.
She's trying to invent some reason that Caelynn wouldn't have teleported away again, letting them find her here.

[Storms]

A person is walking along here, dancing in between the lightning strokes; this is just like home. Finally, a segment of the NEXUS with reasonable weather.
She looks to be a tough, scarred woman, wearing layers of light armor, with two swords strapped over her back. Red hair is cut short and unevenly, further mussed by a pear of heavy goggles set over her eyes. She's looking for something, and right now this scorched plain is just another step; except when leaving an electrically charged area, she keeps on the same track.

There's a very obvious track into the forest.
She appears to have ran away from the spot very, very quickly.
The phone has some contacts:
•Magtok
•Celica
•Tobias
•John
John has been called most recently.

Storms

The lightning... Seems to be trying to strike the woman! :smalleek:

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 12:51 PM
[Storms]

The woman seems to sense the gathering electric charge, and dashes away, thankful for her nonconductive shoes.
She spins about to watch the bolt come down. Always makes the decorative feathers on the outer coat of armor stand up so prettily.
((Not that lightning exactly works that way, but sort of. Doesn't seem to be normal lightning, anyway. :smalltongue:))

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 12:59 PM

My zanpakuto allows me to create heavy fog and impenetrable darkness. Within it, only I can see. If I summon such shadows and mist, the Hollows shouldn't have an effective number advantage. He tries to assure the exorcist, unsheathing his blade and slicing an invisible "X" in the air.
"Alright, I guess you know what you're doing..." Leo readies his staff, gripping it tightly with both hands, and says, "OK, whenever you're ready."

Ionbound
2014-02-03, 02:19 PM
Wolf Glade

Hannod fires. And unfortunately, due to Ezra's attempting to hide behind her companion, even if Therlynn dodges it will only put the other wolf in the way of that terrible silver bolt.

But the hunter barely pauses to see who's hit. Nor does he waste time trying to draw his sword in the instant before Therylnn is upon him. Instead he drops the crossbow to lunge towards his attacker, throwing himself under her leap and into a roll that brings him back to his feet with a good distance between them.

Therlynn yips as the bolt buries itself in her shoulder, but continues her lunge. She's a bit surprised when Hannod rolls under her, but as soon as she lands, she turns, growls at him, and pounces again.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 02:19 PM
Wintry Palace:

Romeo nods to the book imp as a silent thanks for the light. He'll also try to open the door.

Wintry Palace

The door is unlocked, mostly because the dungeon's player forgot to ever mention the key which would most definitely have been in the Alchemist's robes if it had existed. But instead he didn't think of that, so it's unlocked.
"And my voice is my violence, clear the sky's frozen tears!"
The heavy iron door isn't too rusty, since while a bit damp the basement doesn't have all the weather trickling in. It slides open slowly as Romeo pushes, having been oiled at least once and a while.
"And no more will be silenced, with this- watch your right, man!
Tep will screech a similar but shorter warning, but delayed a bit. Since the door opens into the room, it'll block their view of the Jailer charging out at them, which will have run into Romeo's right side if he does't react to that warning. The palace dungeon is a single hallway roughly ten feet wide, with cells on each side of the hall and the door, likely about 6 total (two on each wall on the left, one on each wall on the right). There's also a desk on the right where the posted guard would sit. Those details are probably lost to Romeo, though, since there's one last undead trying to kill him.
The Jailer was a powerfully built man in life, his currently animated skeleton impressive in size. Still wearing his half-plate and helmet, between the straps and holes in the side of the cuirass an extra set of arms has been grafted to its sides. One hand has far too many fingers, although if Romeo gets the chance to inspect it he'll realize that they're actually a whole set of keys. No pickpocketing this fellow! The other has long, dexterous fingers currently gripping a knife. Both of its normal arms are carrying old but very solid maces. He's powerful and faster than the wight (or rather the wights that weren't Claws but he got owned too fast to prove his speed) but his armor slows him down and honestly Romeo might have heard the clanking coming without a warning.
Still, by any turn of events he should do something about him before he gets his head caved in.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 02:30 PM
Storm

Lightning attempts to strike her again!
Hey look, there's a cottage off in the distance, surrounded by a thick ring of pine trees.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 03:05 PM
[Storm]

This bears investigation. Just the sort of place she might be looking for.
Once again, the woman dances away from the lightning. It's probably not going to hit her unless she gets really distracted, for all that it tries.
This time, she leaves a tiny wisp of cloud from her belt for the lightning to light up. Then she scampers off towards the cottage.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 03:16 PM
[Storm]

This bears investigation. Just the sort of place she might be looking for.
Once again, the woman dances away from the lightning. It's probably not going to hit her unless she gets really distracted, for all that it tries.
This time, she leaves a tiny wisp of cloud from her belt for the lightning to light up. Then she scampers off towards the cottage.

The cottage is a normal cottage. Nothing special.
The door's unlocked and the windows are curtained off.

Aric Kale
2014-02-03, 03:19 PM
"Alright, I guess you know what you're doing..." Leo readies his staff, gripping it tightly with both hands, and says, "OK, whenever you're ready."

The Shinigami nods, snapping the bait between his fingers and tossing it into the air, where it crumbles and dissipates. And now, we wa- Before he can finish his sentence, the sky above them rips open in five places, each one revealing a Hollow. The creatures fall to the ground with a resounding thud, releasing ear-piercing cries.
Opposing Leo and Hantã are five Hollows, vaguely resembling a horse, mosquito, lion, wolf, and ape, respectively. The Hollows slowly circle around the two hunters.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 03:26 PM
[Storm]

The woman reaches out to open the door and head inside. If the occupant didn't want visitors, there would have been an orange sash in front of the curtains.
"Hello!"

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 03:26 PM
The house has a few occupants wounded and sprawled out on the floor: 4 cultists in yellow-trimmed brown robes and hoods (a female dragonborn, a male storm genasi, a male sangheili, and a female dunmer) surrounding a cage in the center with it's lock scorched off. Muffled cries for help can be hear from downstairs to those with incredible hearing.

Therlynn yips as the bolt buries itself in her shoulder, but continues her lunge. She's a bit surprised when Hannod rolls under her, but as soon as she lands, she turns, growls at him, and pounces again.

Ezra doesn't kill the soldier, but rather leave some deep, long gashes all over his body (mainly his arms in an attempt to hinder weapon use) that will kill him if he doesn't get medical attention in the next 6 hours. A silver bolt buries itself into Ezra's shoulder, causing her to yip in pain as well, before getting up off the downed soldier and charging at the soldier who fired it, attempting to slam him down and similarly wound him

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 03:41 PM
[Storm-cultist house?]

"Oh, what the...?"
The woman draws a sword, the one whose handle has never been broken, with its little red ribbon tying a crystal to the hilt, and runs to explore the house, shortly winding up downstairs. She doesn't know who or what those people are, but they seem to be out of commission. Best to explore the whole place first.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 03:50 PM
[Storm-cultist house?]

"Oh, what the...?"
The woman draws a sword, the one whose handle has never been broken, with its little red ribbon tying a crystal to the hilt, and runs to explore the house, shortly winding up downstairs. She doesn't know who or what those people are, but they seem to be out of commission. Best to explore the whole place first.

Appears to be an elemental cult, judging from the storage room full mainly of elemental cult stuff (totems and the like). There's a bedroom, nothing special in there besides a diary.
The basement has an altar in the center, with a dagger, book, and some blood on it. Four manacles are attached to the walls, each holding gagged humanoids in underwear. A pile of clothes is nearby.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 04:01 PM

The Shinigami nods, snapping the bait between his fingers and tossing it into the air, where it crumbles and dissipates. And now, we wa- Before he can finish his sentence, the sky above them rips open in five places, each one revealing a Hollow. The creatures fall to the ground with a resounding thud, releasing ear-piercing cries.
Opposing Leo and Hantã are five Hollows, vaguely resembling a horse, mosquito, lion, wolf, and ape, respectively. The Hollows slowly circle around the two hunters.
Leo has something to say about the speed with which the enemy arrives, but whatever it is, it's drowned out by the splitting roars of five terrible masked creatures. Their discordant cacaphony nearly deafens Leo, and he cringes at the sound. Once that subsides, though, he prepares to fight for his survival; he plans to begin an exorcism rite while using his staff to fend the enemies off, but he will wait for them to make the first move, hoping to study their attack patterns and find an opening to exploit...

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 04:02 PM
The woman grabs the diary and throws it into her satchel, because things are clearly not on the level here, and also because she's a habitual thief.
She also takes the book from the altar, and picks up the dagger, holding it blade-down in her off hand.
No key visible. She nods to the prisoners, 'one moment' and tries to head back upstairs to investigate the scattered cultists. What stopped them, she wonders.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 04:07 PM
The woman grabs the diary and throws it into her satchel, because things are clearly not on the level here, and also because she's a habitual thief.
She also takes the book from the altar, and picks up the dagger, holding it blade-down in her off hand.
No key visible. She nods to the prisoners, 'one moment' and tries to head back upstairs to investigate the scattered cultists. What stopped them, she wonders.

The cultists are wounded with scorch marks and spikes of ice. The dunmer has the keys!

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 04:26 PM
The woman goes to take the keys from the dunmer. Are these people dead? She'd better make sure.
Maybe a ritual went wrong? That's storm, ice, and fire accounted for of the Five Elements. If they're properly arranged, that means...one cultist and one sacrifice is missing.
The woman attempts to drag the dunmer downstairs, and place her near a set of manacles before undoing a gag on the nearest prisoner.
"What's going on here?" If they can tell her, she can ignore the voices trying to explain in detail.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 04:33 PM
The woman goes to take the keys from the dunmer. Are these people dead? She'd better make sure.
Maybe a ritual went wrong? That's storm, ice, and fire accounted for of the Five Elements. If they're properly arranged, that means...one cultist and one sacrifice is missing.
The woman attempts to drag the dunmer downstairs, and place her near a set of manacles before undoing a gag on the nearest prisoner.
"What's going on here?" If they can tell her, she can ignore the voices trying to explain in detail.

The dunmer and sangheili are alive... barely.
She succeeds!
The nearest is a young woman with tanned skin and hawklike brown wings.
I don't know! I woke up here yesterday. Heard some commotion up above... some stomping, screaming, and thunder.
Another prisoner, a male drown, starts struggling, as if he's trying to get the woman's attention.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 04:39 PM
:smallamused:
Hmm. And the storm user is dead...
The woman shakes her head, and goes to ungag the drow(n?), followed by everyone else.
"What do you want?"

Slii Arhem
2014-02-03, 04:43 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger shrugs.
"Trust me, it's one time where while handy, you really don't want to say you've got experience with that sort of thing personally. Because then that means you've fought a demon, and that sucks. Would you like me to lead?" he says, gesturing to the office.

Western Ghost Town

She grabs the cycle's handle and turns it to point at the office. "Yeah, I'll be right behind you." She'll walk the cycle after him, giving plenty of light.

Western Ghost Town

The post office/government building is lacking a door, and that's not the only sign of a rather thorough cleaning out. Just from the front entranceway, they can see that the mail cubbies are all empty, there's no furniture on the first floor, and everything has a fine layer of dust and grit. The layout of the building is simple, just a main floor for dealing with locals with a back room that might be for sorting mail, and stairs leading up to the next level, where perhaps the mayor spent his days.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 04:46 PM
:smallamused:
Hmm. And the storm user is dead...
The woman shakes her head, and goes to ungag the drow(n?), followed by everyone else.
"What do you want?"

Drow. Damn you autocorrect!
He is ungagged, along with a male dragonborn and a female moss elf (gray skinned elf with glowing green veins).
They were sacrificing people to some sort of elder evil.
....I know a bit of primordial.
He says sheepishly.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 04:51 PM
This is connect to Him, isn't it? The sheathed sword is humming excitedly. It could have told her all of this if she'd listened.
"Thank you."
The woman nods and goes over to the injured dunmer and attempts to cut her throat with the house's own sacrificial knife. There. One problem solved.
"Hold on a second and I'll get you out. There's another upstairs."

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 05:00 PM
This is connect to Him, isn't it? The sheathed sword is humming excitedly. It could have told her all of this if she'd listened.
"Thank you."
The woman nods and goes over to the injured dunmer and attempts to cut her throat with the house's own sacrificial knife. There. One problem solved.
"Hold on a second and I'll get you out. There's another upstairs."

She's awake now!
Ugh... what- NO! STOP!
The dunmer moves backwards on a scorched arm, wincing, fear in her eyes.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 05:00 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger looks around the nearly-empty building and turns back.
"There doesn't seem like there's anything in here. We can try that back room, but I wouldn't trust those stairs. You might be fine, but I've got quite a few more kilograms than you, and old stairs don't get along with that much minotaur and his gear."

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 05:06 PM
[Cult house]

The woman's sword is very quickly lowered to point at the terrified dunmer, flesh-melting acid sizzling along the blade, as she advances to keep up when she moves backwards.
"Explain yourself. Quickly."
There is no emotion on her face.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 05:10 PM
[Cult house]

The woman's sword is very quickly lowered to point at the terrified dunmer, flesh-melting acid sizzling along the blade, as she advances to keep up when she moves backwards.
"Explain yourself. Quickly."
There is no emotion on her face.

T-the Genasi... H-he threatened to k-kill my family I-if I didn't j-join!
The dunmer replies, terrified beyond belief ((:smalltongue:)).

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 05:57 PM
[Cult House]

The woman considers briefly. "How many of these captives have died here? And what of the pretty lizard-being upstairs, and the other?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 05:59 PM
[Cult House]

The woman considers briefly. "How many of these captives have died here? And what of the pretty lizard-being upstairs, and the other?"

O-only 3 since I-I was here. A-all the same f-for them.
The dunmer replies, a bit less terrified now.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 06:04 PM
The woman nods, and thinks. This is not a serious crime, as they go. Loyalty to family, though, is one of the cancers leading to the Evil One's approach. It is unforgivable.
The sword is rammed forward, and the knife follows, attempting to end things quickly for the poor dark elf.
"You have done well by your family. Rest in peace."

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 06:10 PM
The woman nods, and thinks. This is not a serious crime, as they go. Loyalty to family, though, is one of the cancers leading to the Evil One's approach. It is unforgivable.
The sword is rammed forward, and the knife follows, attempting to end things quickly for the poor dark elf.
"You have done well by your family. Rest in peace."

The dunmer's eyes widen as she moves her head to the left quickly to try and avoid the blade.
No! Please, don't kill me!
She pleads, crying a bit.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 06:16 PM
The woman nods at the dodge, quite nimble for someone so injured and on the ground. She punches at the dunmer with the knife hand, aiming to hit her in the stomach, and stands up, disgusted.
"What do you say?"
She looks about the room, at the yet to be freed prisoners.
"What should be done with this, who was willing to kill all of you rather than stand up to one man?"

If the dunmer's family were nearby, she could set a moral quandary to her, but that seems to not be the case.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 06:22 PM
The woman nods at the dodge, quite nimble for someone so injured and on the ground. She punches at the dunmer with the knife hand, aiming to hit her in the stomach, and stands up, disgusted.
"What do you say?"
She looks about the room, at the yet to be freed prisoners.
"What should be done with this, who was willing to kill all of you rather than stand up to one man?"

If the dunmer's family were nearby, she could set a moral quandary to her, but that seems to not be the case.

The dunmer is punched, the wind knocked out of her.
I can sympathize with her, admittedly. I say she lives.
The leader was extremely strong. She wouldn't have stood a chance, nor would her family most likely from the retaliation soon after.
The dragonborn makes a thumbs down sign.
The moss elf shrugs.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 06:26 PM
"Then consider this a lesson."
The woman resumes her attempts to kill the dunmer, slashing at her again and again and again.
"Never compromise. It would be better to die than to join him."

((It may be apparent that this woman is kind of, well, villainous. I gather we want the forced cultist to escape from here, so, once she survives this attack through whatever means, I can have her give up or something.))

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 06:43 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger looks around the nearly-empty building and turns back.
"There doesn't seem like there's anything in here. We can try that back room, but I wouldn't trust those stairs. You might be fine, but I've got quite a few more kilograms than you, and old stairs don't get along with that much minotaur and his gear."

Denise thinks for a moment. "Wait, why should we go in at all? This looks like it's been picked clean, no reason to believe there's anything in here right now. Chances are we'd find a cupboard full of teeth or something, as opposed to anything useful."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 06:56 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger nods.
"With that logic we shouldn't go in any other buildings since they might be suddenly full of skulls. But that leaves the question, then: what's the plan now? We can't just keep walking around. Do we keep going, call for backup, or stick up a sign and give a report for someone else to deal with?"

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 07:03 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Hmm... we probably don't want to be here late at night. Just in case. We're not really set up to deal with this, but... I'm kind of curious, you know? And I don't think I could just leave it be in clean conscience, warning sign or not. I guess call for backup... and have the backup bring tents to set up camp out of town?" Denise suggests, "Would that work? What do you work for, anyway?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 07:03 PM
"Then consider this a lesson."
The woman resumes her attempts to kill the dunmer, slashing at her again and again and again.
"Never compromise. It would be better to die than to join him."

The dunmer tries to evade, but is likely killed despite her speed..
The birdwoman and elf look appalled, while the drow looks apathetic.

((Correct!))

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 07:09 PM
Western Ghost Town

"MERC." says Krayger as he steps back outside into the street and fishes out his...clockwork smartphone.
"Which is exactly what the name implies. Let's see if I can get through."

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 07:15 PM
Western Ghost Town

Denise thinks for moment, before saying, "Someone's paying you to look into this? Huh."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 07:29 PM
Western Ghost Town

The minotaur shrugs. "Nothing official on paper, but maybe. I didn't really work it out too much." he says as he dials a number.

Duck999
2014-02-03, 07:45 PM
The crash site

Venatus and Domnus are restless, and ask if there is any more help needed.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 08:25 PM
Western Ghost Town

After the call which took place elsewhere happened, Krayger flips his phone back into his bag.
"Don't hold your breath. Didn't think they'd send anyone, but I was really hoping they would. Oh, well. Honestly, Denise? I'm not seeing a reason to stay. I'm no exorcist, and if it's not a ghost I'm not going to be any help unless it pops up in range of being shot or cut open. I know the place is bad news, and that's what I came to do. You can stay if you like, but I don't see much point in it."

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 08:29 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Yeah... without someone else, I'm not going to go in alone. I'm curious, but not stupid." She sighs. "Could you give me directions to inside again? I'd offer you a ride, but... I don't think my bike can hold both of us."

Lord Magtok
2014-02-03, 08:35 PM
Hunting Caelynn

There's a very obvious track into the forest.
She appears to have ran away from the spot very, very quickly.
The phone has some contacts:
•Magtok
•Celica
•Tobias
•John
John has been called most recently.

Looking for Caelynn

"She called a John. You know any Johns? That person in the tavern with her, maybe?"

Magtok dials the number, clearing his throat and concocting an elaborate lie in his head. This mystery person might be just the clue that solves this riddle, but he might as well follow the trail into the forest anyways, just to be safe.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 08:44 PM
((Not sure what to post for the cult, Ark. I can't mesh 'she'll survive this attack and be let go' with her dying. :smallconfused:))

[Hunting Caelynn]

"There's a lot of Johns in the Nexus. The HALO member? Here, she's left a trail. The girl in the tavern was...never left her name, actually."

Ashna leads the way down the obvious trail. Caelynn appeared to be panicking too much for a trap. No need to make Magtok go first.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 08:47 PM
((Not sure what to post for the cult, Ark. I can't mesh 'she'll survive this attack and be let go' with her dying. :smallconfused:))

[Hunting Caelynn]

"There's a lot of Johns in the Nexus. The HALO member? Here, she's left a trail. The girl in the tavern was...never left her name, actually."

Ashna leads the way down the obvious trail. Caelynn appeared to be panicking too much for a trap. No need to make Magtok go first.

((Lucky enough to dodge most of the attacks?))

It ends a few yards away.
She teleported.:smallmad:
The call is almost immediately declined

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 08:48 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger rattles off his long list of directions again, exactly as before. He's really good with directions.
"Although honestly I could probably just take you there. I'm used to hustling and I could probably keep pace with your bike at minimum gas."

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 08:51 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Allright, sounds good." She'll climb on and start the bike properly. "Lead on."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 08:54 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger nods and will do so. Unless...

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 08:59 PM
[Cult Hideout]

The sword slices into the fallen cultist's face, arms, chest, and the woman raises it once more for a killing blow to her neck, and stops, laughing.
"You actually thought I'd kill her?"
The acid will burn, but with the attacks stopped, she should be able to scrape it away before it does more than scar.
"Listen you, get up! You're a monster, not as bad as the genasi was, but awfully inhumane and careless of your fellow sentients. Better to die than to be a killer. But you're alive, and that means you can change."
The warrior drops the sword and takes the keys to let down the prisoners, hawk, drow, elf, dragonborn.

Slii Arhem
2014-02-03, 09:01 PM
Western Ghost Town

Unless? Well that could be a cue for something spooky to happen. Or they could drive/jog away, likely scot free, towards Inside.

As the town disappears into the distance behind them, they can see lights up ahead on the horizon. It may be a rather disappointing homecoming though, as the lights herald a familiar, damning sight. Before them is a dismal little town, all lit up from oil lanterns and ready for a night of huddling indoors against the desert chill, with only a horse left outside to suffer through it, tied up for the night.

Despite being a lot more alive than when they just left it, the buildings mark it as the same town they sought to escape from. Welcome to Nowhere Krayger and Denise.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 09:04 PM
Western Ghost Town

Denise brakes as the town comes into sight.

"Oh... cuss words."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 09:07 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger stops and stares for a moment. He leans in just a bit and says quietly to Denise a response she probably wasn't expecting.
"Do you think if we kept walking away from it we'd end up at a point when it was new and slightly less of a ****hole?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 09:07 PM
[Cult Hideout]

The sword slices into the fallen cultist's face, arms, chest, and the woman raises it once more for a killing blow to her neck, and stops, laughing.
"You actually thought I'd kill her?"
The acid will burn, but with the attacks stopped, she should be able to scrape it away before it does more than scar.
"Listen you, get up! You're a monster, not as bad as the genasi was, but awfully inhumane and careless of your fellow sentients. Better to die than to be a killer. But you're alive, and that means you can change."
The warrior drops the sword and takes the keys to let down the prisoners, hawk, drow, elf, dragonborn.

The dunmer just sits there, sobbing.
She will eventually scrape the acid off though.

She succeeds!
Goodbye, miss. May we meet again.
The prisoners get dressed from the clothespile and leave.
The dunmer will as well soon after.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 09:16 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Huh... maybe. Or maybe it always was. I guess in either case, we have something more to look over now. If this is real time travel, though... that would be bad." She sighs and turns off her motorcycle. "Maybe we should check and see if there's a place where we can rent rooms. No... a room. I don't want us to be separated here. It might be awkward, but..."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 09:20 PM
Western Ghost Town

"No problem at all, Denise. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks. Least of all people who probably don't exist. But I suppose that'll come later. I doubt a place this crappy has beds big enough for me, let alone both of us.
You might want to stash your bike out here, lock it and hide it. A bit harder to keep an eye on it, but leaving it in that place doesn't sound smart to me."
he suggests, still keeping his head cool.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 09:24 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Good idea," She says, and walks it over to some brush if any is nearbye. "Let's see if I can hide it over here, away from the town..." and she'll go about locking it down, in place, and hopefully under some scrub brush.

Morcleon
2014-02-03, 09:26 PM
[Walking to Inside]

Yuki might notice that Amelia is holding her lower stomach, like you would if you were queasy. It is an unconscious move that Amelia doesn't realize she does when talking about her accident. "No that is OK. I've seen a few specialists and they haven't been able to help me." She sounds almost embarrassed about her affliction.

[Walking to Inside]

Yuki briefly glances down at the hand, then back up at Amelia. "Mm... I see. Still, it's something that should be fixable. Everything is, eventually. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to try my hand at checking it out."

"And don't be embarrassed about it. We all have our issues..."

Slii Arhem
2014-02-03, 09:28 PM
Western Ghost Town

There is some sparse brush, what hasn't been blown into tumbleweeds by the winds, but there's enough of it by the back corner of the jail for Denise' purposes. It's also sturdy enough that if she has a chain, she could lock it around the shrubs and the bike to keep people from hauling it away if they do spot it.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 09:31 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Alright, that looks good. Now, where do you think we knock first?" Krayger asks.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-03, 09:40 PM
Western Ghost Town

Denise does, in fact, have a chain. It's a sturdy one, and she loops it through the front tire so that even if someone does break the shrub it won't be easy to roll away.

"The saloon, maybe?" Denise offers, "Were saloons open all night? It'd be where we would go to get a room, right? Or did they have dedicated hotels back then?" She doesn't know much about old west towns, it seems.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 09:43 PM
Western Ghost town

the minotaur shrugs.
"Beats me. This isn't the kind of human towns I've ever been to. That sounds like as good a place as any." he says, heading in that direction.

Recaiden
2014-02-03, 09:49 PM
[Cult Hideout]

"Goodbye. Enjoy your freedom. If you're looking for me, there's a flying island over the ocean, west of the Great City."
The warrior reclaims her sword, and goes to clean the blood off, before sheathing it again. On the way out she attempts to plant the sacrificial dagger firmly in the genasi's heart.
Better safe than being eaten by lightning zombies.

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 09:51 PM
[Cult Hideout]

The warrior reclaims her sword, and goes to clean the blood off, before sheathing it again. On the way out she attempts to plant the sacrificial dagger firmly in the genasi's heart.
Better safe than being eaten by lightning zombies.

She succeeds! :smallbiggrin:
The storm outside has stopped now!

Lord Magtok
2014-02-03, 10:29 PM
((Lucky enough to dodge most of the attacks?))

It ends a few yards away.
She teleported.:smallmad:
The call is almost immediately declined

[Hunting Caelynn]

"Anything you can tell me about the HALO one? She's a member of HALO, that might be our John."

Magtok grumbles, and tries a different number. Maybe...Celica? Not Tobias, obviously. Tobias is too clever to risk involving in this sort of business, especially if he's already connected to the target somehow.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-03, 11:38 PM
Wintry Palace

The door is unlocked, mostly because the dungeon's player forgot to ever mention the key which would most definitely have been in the Alchemist's robes if it had existed. But instead he didn't think of that, so it's unlocked.
"And my voice is my violence, clear the sky's frozen tears!"
The heavy iron door isn't too rusty, since while a bit damp the basement doesn't have all the weather trickling in. It slides open slowly as Romeo pushes, having been oiled at least once and a while.
"And no more will be silenced, with this- watch your right, man!
Tep will screech a similar but shorter warning, but delayed a bit. Since the door opens into the room, it'll block their view of the Jailer charging out at them, which will have run into Romeo's right side if he does't react to that warning. The palace dungeon is a single hallway roughly ten feet wide, with cells on each side of the hall and the door, likely about 6 total (two on each wall on the left, one on each wall on the right). There's also a desk on the right where the posted guard would sit. Those details are probably lost to Romeo, though, since there's one last undead trying to kill him.
The Jailer was a powerfully built man in life, his currently animated skeleton impressive in size. Still wearing his half-plate and helmet, between the straps and holes in the side of the cuirass an extra set of arms has been grafted to its sides. One hand has far too many fingers, although if Romeo gets the chance to inspect it he'll realize that they're actually a whole set of keys. No pickpocketing this fellow! The other has long, dexterous fingers currently gripping a knife. Both of its normal arms are carrying old but very solid maces. He's powerful and faster than the wight (or rather the wights that weren't Claws but he got owned too fast to prove his speed) but his armor slows him down and honestly Romeo might have heard the clanking coming without a warning.
Still, by any turn of events he should do something about him before he gets his head caved in.

Wintry Palace:

Without those warnings, Romeo might be paste. His magically gripped accoutrements, the coat, hat, and ironwood staff, drop to the floor as he dips away from his assailant, keeping his head low and his body moving. The wizard goes on the offensive quickly, planting his foot and flailing out his arm, he summons the air in as strong a force as he can muster to push the Jailer backwards into a corner. (Knocked over would be nice too, but he may have to settle for pushed backwards, given the weight of the armor.)

"Tep! Keep the light on him. Don't let me lose sight of him."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-03, 11:59 PM
Wintry Palace

Wait, if the staff had been held with magic why had he needed to run in to swing it before? And honestly the pack is rather large; he probably could have folded the coat and squeezed it in.
Regardless, Romeo dodges low, maces whiffing past him and a knife swinging over his head. His push is enough to stagger the skeleton as it's a bit off-balance from the missed swings, but not so much as to make it easily toppled, and it's probably a bit heavy to bowl over. It's still facing the other way as it's pushed though, so he'll have an opening.
Meanwhile, Tep sends the light onto the sealing, where it splits into two and both shine like lamps. Fluttering off as high as the low ceiling allows, he raises his hands, causing small orbs of flame, each a deep, deep scarlet with a core of dark gray. He hums six notes (low high low, low high low) and each grows to the size of a golf ball, which fly at the back of the skeleton's head, causing a clear impact, even if it seems to have damaged its helmet more than it.

Recaiden
2014-02-04, 03:46 AM
[Cult Hideout]

The warrior is a little disappointed. She liked dancing out of the lightning's path. Instead, she sets to browsing the book and the diary as she crosses the plains.

Duck999
2014-02-04, 07:13 AM
----------------------------------

Survivors of Other-Gensokyo

"Alright, just...Ugh...Give me a second." Sanji's getting a bit frustrated by the difficulties he's facing; it's one thing to get the people out of those Seal Pods, but helping them adjust is incredibly far outside his comfort zone. He turns back to Domnus and Venatus and asks them, "Alright, guys, here's the deal: there's a refugee camp being set up for us new arrivals outside the campgrounds for the...(I can't believe I'm saying this)...the Good League of Good. Take the kid there and make sure he gets patched up; I don't know who or what he is, but he's not safe out here, and I've got friends there, people that I trust.

"Once you do that, get back out here and start looking for more Seal Pods," he instructs further. "If you can't open them with magic, like I just did, at least keep them safe until one of us yokai comes along or until they open on their own, then protect the occupants until they're well enough to go to the camp; escort them there, if you have to, but make sure they survive one way or another."

Venatus and Domnus take their charge to the camp at the GLoG. As they carry the KO'd Riley, they chat. Eventually, they get to GLoG, still carrying Riley.

((I was told it was Riley, that is correct? Off to the GLoG thread.))

OrchestraHc
2014-02-04, 09:43 AM
Wintry Palace

Wait, if the staff had been held with magic why had he needed to run in to swing it before? And honestly the pack is rather large; he probably could have folded the coat and squeezed it in.
Regardless, Romeo dodges low, maces whiffing past him and a knife swinging over his head. His push is enough to stagger the skeleton as it's a bit off-balance from the missed swings, but not so much as to make it easily toppled, and it's probably a bit heavy to bowl over. It's still facing the other way as it's pushed though, so he'll have an opening.
Meanwhile, Tep sends the light onto the sealing, where it splits into two and both shine like lamps. Fluttering off as high as the low ceiling allows, he raises his hands, causing small orbs of flame, each a deep, deep scarlet with a core of dark gray. He hums six notes (low high low, low high low) and each grows to the size of a golf ball, which fly at the back of the skeleton's head, causing a clear impact, even if it seems to have damaged its helmet more than it.

Wintry Palace:

He grabbed it to wield it last time. Easier to do an overhead swing with your own two hands, at least at this point in his career.

Romeo prepares the icicle spell that had proven very useful so far. Drawing his hand back, he puts as much power as he can behind his hand. With all of his might he releases the icicle, aiming right between the eye sockets.

Recaiden
2014-02-04, 10:49 AM
[Hunting Caelynn]

"Anything you can tell me about the HALO one? She's a member of HALO, that might be our John."

Magtok grumbles, and tries a different number. Maybe...Celica? Not Tobias, obviously. Tobias is too clever to risk involving in this sort of business, especially if he's already connected to the target somehow.

"Not very much. And here she remembers her teleportation." :smallsigh:
Maybe Niara could help to find Caelynn for them. Once Magtok's phone pulls up nothing, perhaps.
"From what I heard, he should be on our side about the child, once the facts were told. Was willing to do pretty much anything. But he's not terribly...involved, you know? Haven't heard anything since that trouble about slaves waaay back."

Arkhosia
2014-02-04, 10:55 AM
The diary is the Genasi's: apparently he planned on summoning an elemental lord of storm.
The other book just has rituals in it

[Hunting Caelynn]

Maybe Niara could help to find Caelynn for them. Once Magtok's phone pulls up nothing, perhaps.
"From what I heard, he should be on our side about the child, once the facts were told. Was willing to do pretty much anything. But he's not terribly...involved, you know? Haven't heard anything since that trouble about slaves waaay back."

Celica answers!
Hello?

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-04, 10:57 AM
[Survivors of Other-Gensokyo]

Venatus and Domnus take their charge to the camp at the GLoG. As they carry the KO'd Riley, they chat. Eventually, they get to GLoG, still carrying Riley.

((I was told it was Riley, that is correct? Off to the GLoG thread.))
"Alright, that's one less thing to worry about, at least," Sanji notes with a sigh of relief. Turning back to the newly-awakened survivor, he says, "Now, let's see what we can do about you...You don't look like you're hurt. Can you stand up?"
((That's your cue, Arkh. By the way, is this survivor a human or a yokai?

Ah, speaking of which, I should mention: human-yokai hybrids are extremely rare and generally aren't well-liked by humans or yokai, with exception going to the peace-lovers like Sasha, so creating one who hails from Other-Gensokyo is not advisable unless there's strong development and depth to the character.))

Aric Kale
2014-02-04, 11:44 AM
Leo has something to say about the speed with which the enemy arrives, but whatever it is, it's drowned out by the splitting roars of five terrible masked creatures. Their discordant cacaphony nearly deafens Leo, and he cringes at the sound. Once that subsides, though, he prepares to fight for his survival; he plans to begin an exorcism rite whi@!!aaaaa!!aaaale using his staff to fend the enemies off, but he will wait for them to make the first move, hoping to study their attack patterns and find an opening to exploit...

Well, Hollows were never known for their tactical skill, so the moment they make a pentagon around the two men, they all charge forward, the tentacley appendages that make up the lions "mane" extend and attempt to bat Leo aside. The rest, apart from horse, lag behind, which will give Yûki-aru and the exorcist time to recover...if they can defeat these foes first. As for the horse, it attempts to gore the Shinigami with claw-like front hooves, who then leaps onto the Hollow's leg! That'll be all he does this round, though.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-04, 12:23 PM
Western Ghost town

the minotaur shrugs.
"Beats me. This isn't the kind of human towns I've ever been to. That sounds like as good a place as any." he says, heading in that direction.

Denise will follow, looking around, trying to notice anything out of place. She might not notice things out of place in an old west town, but anything that really stands out, she might notice. Once to (or presumably in) the saloon, she'll look around in there, too.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-04, 01:27 PM
Hunting Caelynn

Celica answers!
Hello?

[Hunting Caelynn]

"Celica! I need help, can you come get me? I shouldn't have gone this way, these people want to hurt me, and-"

Magtok immediately hangs up after doing his best Caelynn impersonation with the help of his cyborgy voicebox, setting the tracking device to follow the phone he just called. If Caelynn told this Celica person where she went, maybe she'll lead them right to their target!

"Yes, before you say anything, I can make myself sound like a girl. It isn't a talent that comes up very often; shut up."

Melody's Island

Melody's Island

Assuming Derek climbs through as well, Happy will extract herself from the rockslide and return to her normal shape.

Magtok offers an arm, if it's needed. All that twisting and squelching and bending looked like it took a lot of effort; Mag can't even begin to imagine ever accomplishing a thing like that back when he was borrowing her shapeshifter powers.

"So...what's been going on? What did these bad men want with Estia or anyone else, and why?" The cyborg is so confused. All this fear and uncertainty and chaos, but who's behind it? What sort of agenda prompts someone to invade a quiet little island like this and harass and abduct the locals?

Lex-Kat
2014-02-04, 01:32 PM
Melody's Island

Derek manages to crawl backwards as the rocks shift around, following Jezebelle through the opening Happy made. He does his best not to step on any parts of Happy he might have to crawl over to get through the hole. Once on the other side he see's Jezebelle go straight to her daughter, but he moves over to kneel down next to Melody. He will try to quickly look her over to see the extent of her injuries.
Jezebelle is busy consoling her now crying daughter.

Melody's head has been wrapped in a bandage. Which is showing a little brown. But in the darkness it's hard to tell if that is seeping blood, or just dirt. In fact, without light that's about all that can be seen.

That, and Melody seems to be very tired. To the point where all she wants to do is sleep.

Magtok offers an arm, if it's needed. All that twisting and squelching and bending looked like it took a lot of effort; Mag can't even begin to imagine ever accomplishing a thing like that back when he was borrowing her shapeshifter powers.

"So...what's been going on? What did these bad men want with Estia or anyone else, and why?" The cyborg is so confused. All this fear and uncertainty and chaos, but who's behind it? What sort of agenda prompts someone to invade a quiet little island like this and harass and abduct the locals?

Jezebelle looks up to Magtok. It's my father. He doesn't believe I'm raising my daughters right. Because, she closes her eyes for a moment, and takes a breath. I was afraid to teach them about magic. It's always been a destructive force in my family. I wanted no part of it.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-04, 01:52 PM
[Spiris with Hollow Hearts]

Well, Hollows were never known for their tactical skill, so the moment they make a pentagon around the two men, they all charge forward, the tentacley appendages that make up the lions "mane" extend and attempt to bat Leo aside. The rest, apart from horse, lag behind, which will give Yûki-aru and the exorcist time to recover...if they can defeat these foes first. As for the horse, it attempts to gore the Shinigami with claw-like front hooves, who then leaps onto the Hollow's leg! That'll be all he does this round, though.
Seeing the prehensile appendages extend, Leo anticipates the attack and jumps above it. Without knowing how much about the enemy, his only other action at the moment is to continue preparing for the exorcism he'll use to purge the enemy. Being a Shinigami, Yûki-aru may be aware of spiritual energy from the Nexus slowly gathering around him...

happyturtle
2014-02-04, 01:59 PM
Melody's Island

Happy accepts the hand from Magtok, and leans on him as she returns to Melody's side. "Melody, love, you can't sleep if you have a head injury," Happy says. "Magtok, do you have a light?"

Recaiden
2014-02-04, 02:05 PM
[Caelynn Hunt]

"Yes, I'm sure none of you find much use for that. Can you mimic specific voices too? I can just imagine it now..."

Ashna steps up to where Caelynn last stood, and gets out the metallic feather after all, and holds it flat on her palm. "Which way did Caelynn go?" The little charm twists about as the magic tries to trace the teleport's destination. The flames dim down, barely glowing as much as embers, and start putting off a little heat.

Finding it work, Ashna gets out her phone in her other hand and pulls up a relevant map, before letting the feather settle down and her fire return to its normal low blaze, informing Magtok of whatever she finds.

Arkhosia
2014-02-04, 02:07 PM
[Caelynn Hunt]

"Yes, I'm sure none of you find much use for that. Can you mimic specific voices too? I can just imagine it now..."

Ashna steps up to where Caelynn last stood, and gets out the metallic feather after all, and holds it flat on her palm. "Which way did Caelynn go?" The little charm twists about as the magic tries to trace the teleport's destination.

Celica is at a shop in Skyside.
Caelynn teleported to the Lotus Gardens.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-04, 04:00 PM
Melody's Island

Happy accepts the hand from Magtok, and leans on him as she returns to Melody's side. "Melody, love, you can't sleep if you have a head injury," Happy says. "Magtok, do you have a light?"

Magtok produces a flashlight, and points it down at Melody, careful to avoid shining it right in her eyes, because that would be rude.

Caelynn Hunt

"Celica, a friend of hers or something, is in Skyside. You find out anything over t-The Lotus Gardens? Are you sure? Well ****, it's no Glass Citadel, but that just made things a thousand times harder. I can talk us past the front door, but after that, things could get messy." It's always a shame when one has to turn on allies, but if Magtok has to carve up Jezebel's people to prevent the apocalypse he's so convinced is going to happen, well...

Aric Kale
2014-02-04, 04:54 PM
[Spiris with Hollow Hearts]

Seeing the prehensile appendages extend, Leo anticipates the attack and jumps above it. Without knowing how much about the enemy, his only other action at the moment is to continue preparing for the exorcism he'll use to purge the enemy. Being a Shinigami, Yûki-aru may be aware of spiritual energy from the Nexus slowly gathering around him...

The Lion ends up charging past Leo, turning around a few yards past and leaping into the air, using its clawed front paws to try and snatch the pesky little human out of the sky. I should mention, these beings are about the size of a house in height, and maybe the width of a couple cars side-by-side. And now they have the Ape and Wolf to deal with, the undersized Mosquito having been grotesquely devoured by the later. The Apelike Hollow pounds the ground with its spiky fists, while the canine Wolf bounds towards Yûki-aru.

As for him, Yûki-aru Hantã can feel the energy Leo is calling upon, while he himself draws upon his own Reiatsu, or Spirit Energy, to enter his Shikai state.
Me o azamuku to kokoro o kowagara, Kage-tokiri. {Deceive the eye and terrify the heart, Shadow and Fog} In place of a single katana, the Shinigami now wields two, one black and its twin white. His grey aura flares, and he jumps backwards off of the Horse, leaving a thick trail of fog in his wake. With a slash of the dark sword, shadow arcs out and covers the Hollow's face, blinding it.

Recaiden
2014-02-04, 05:16 PM
[Caelynn Hunt]

"Unless somebody rearranged the city recently, that's where her teleport landed." Usually the spell doesn't find people that precisely, but she's not going to admit that.
Nor is she going to mention that she has no idea what the Lotus Gardens are. Though anything that invites comparison to the Glass Citadel is :smalleek:
"I could ask someone to go look for Celica. Would cost an important favor though. Knowing where she is, do we really need her friend?"
Ashna holds out a hand to the cyborg, to pull him to a time when they're already in the Riverside thread.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-04, 05:27 PM
Caelynn Hunt

"Not really, no. Didn't know you'd figure things out so easily, though." Magtok reluctantly offers his hand, after a moment of indecision. Ashna isn't exactly very trustworthy, even if they are trying to prevent an apocalypse.

Recaiden
2014-02-04, 05:37 PM
Now, if he falls for this on the way back from stopping the apocalypse, she would totally strand him in the distant, pre-Magtok past or something, but he actually knows Caelynn, so he remains useful.
He might get just slightly burnt as they disappear. Might just be uncomfortably warm. Fire has a mind of its own, sometimes, but they'll arrive near the Lotus Gardens no worse off.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-04, 06:07 PM
[Spirits with Hollow Hearts]

The Lion ends up charging past Leo, turning around a few yards past and leaping into the air, using its clawed front paws to try and snatch the pesky little human out of the sky. I should mention, these beings are about the size of a house in height, and maybe the width of a couple cars side-by-side. And now they have the Ape and Wolf to deal with, the undersized Mosquito having been grotesquely devoured by the later. The Apelike Hollow pounds the ground with its spiky fists, while the canine Wolf bounds towards Yûki-aru.

As for him, Yûki-aru Hantã can feel the energy Leo is calling upon, while he himself draws upon his own Reiatsu, or Spirit Energy, to enter his Shikai state.
Me o azamuku to kokoro o kowagara, Kage-tokiri. {Deceive the eye and terrify the heart, Shadow and Fog} In place of a single katana, the Shinigami now wields two, one black and its twin white. His grey aura flares, and he jumps backwards off of the Horse, leaving a thick trail of fog in his wake. With a slash of the dark sword, shadow arcs out and covers the Hollow's face, blinding it.
((If you want to be grammatically-correct about your Japanese tense, I think it'd more accurate to incant it like this: "Me o azamuke, kokoro o kowagarasete."))

Leo can't avoid the Lion's strike in midair, so he's forced to defend himself this time. He widens his grip on his staff and holds it out in front of him, stopping the attack before it can reach him. Despite his weapon being made of hard wood, it's much sturdier than one might expect. As the creature's blow is stopped, the spiritualist will propel himself away from it, landing a few yards away. He knows that it's only a matter of time before his luck runs out, so he decides to go on the offensive this time.

Leo understands the difference in raw power between himself and his opponent, so he'll be careful about facing the Lion head-on. He'll dance around the beast and hit it with a few weak strikes, waiting for it to expose an opening, and if/when it does, he'll hit that opening hard with a precision attack, thrusting his staff like a lance to hit the weak point...

((@Recaiden: I get a "You're burnt, but you're fine" vibe from that last bit in your recent post...Did Ashna just use PSI Teleport? If so, I think I owe you a medal for a Well-Executed Video Game Reference.))

ThirdEmperor
2014-02-04, 08:32 PM
Wolf Glade

This time things go a little different. Now, thanks to his previous maneuver, Hannod has the chance to draw his blade as Therlynn closes the gap between them. As she leaps he lifts the silver longsword to meet her uninjured shoulder, and unless Lynn can somehow change direction midair her own momentum should do the rest.

Across the glade, Ezra leaves her victim barely alive as she bounds towards the next. But again distance is the enemy. The third soldier manages to reload before as she moves across the clearing, and another silver bolt is loosed towards Ezra's flank. The man she's lunging towards casts his own bow aside, taking up shield and blade to meet the werewolf.

McBish
2014-02-04, 08:35 PM
Melody's Island

Jezebelle is busy consoling her now crying daughter.

Melody's head has been wrapped in a bandage. Which is showing a little brown. But in the darkness it's hard to tell if that is seeping blood, or just dirt. In fact, without light that's about all that can be seen.

That, and Melody seems to be very tired. To the point where all she wants to do is sleep.

Jezebelle looks up to Magtok. It's my father. He doesn't believe I'm raising my daughters right. Because, she closes her eyes for a moment, and takes a breath. I was afraid to teach them about magic. It's always been a destructive force in my family. I wanted no part of it.

Magtok produces a flashlight, and points it down at Melody, careful to avoid shining it right in her eyes, because that would be rude.

Derek takes a closer look with the light Magtok makes. He will reach down and try to gently lift up the bandage to try and take a closer look at what the wound looks like. "I might be able to help her. I have some affinity for healing magic. She's right Melody you need to stay awake." He fishes out a necklace from under his shirt. Then he unclips the pendant from it, it looks like a small vial filled with a milky white liquid.

====================

[Walking to Inside]

Yuki briefly glances down at the hand, then back up at Amelia. "Mm... I see. Still, it's something that should be fixable. Everything is, eventually. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to try my hand at checking it out."

"And don't be embarrassed about it. We all have our issues..."

Yuki looks like she is about to say no but stops herself. "Yeah sure. I guess I could let you take a look so to speak. I think I should probably tell you a bit more about what happened." She says sounding unsure about where to start. This is clearly an uncomfortable topic for her.

Ionbound
2014-02-04, 08:44 PM
Wolf Glade

This time things go a little different. Now, thanks to his previous maneuver, Hannod has the chance to draw his blade as Therlynn closes the gap between them. As she leaps he lifts the silver longsword to meet her uninjured shoulder, and unless Lynn can somehow change direction midair her own momentum should do the rest.

Across the glade, Ezra leaves her victim barely alive as she bounds towards the next. But again distance is the enemy. The third soldier manages to reload before as she moves across the clearing, and another silver bolt is loosed towards Ezra's flank. The man she's lunging towards casts his own bow aside, taking up shield and blade to meet the werewolf.

Therlynn maintains the pounce, even though Hannod's sword pierces deep into her shoulder, paralyzing the arm. She's trying to knock Hannod over, and if that happens, she'll start to maul him, taking care to bite him, but leave him barely alive.

Arkhosia
2014-02-04, 08:45 PM
Wolf Glade

Ezra is bolted, yips in pain, and slams into the shield, bouncing off and hitting the ground. stunned from hitting the hard earth, she is unable to react this round!

Morcleon
2014-02-04, 09:26 PM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia looks like she is about to say no but stops herself. "Yeah sure. I guess I could let you take a look so to speak. I think I should probably tell you a bit more about what happened." She says sounding unsure about where to start. This is clearly an uncomfortable topic for her.

[Walking to Inside]

"Thank you. I promise, I won't do anything bad to you." Yuki smiles softly. "And I won't laugh or anything."

"Um... perhaps you could start with what the experiment that caused this...?"

McBish
2014-02-04, 09:40 PM
[Walking to Inside]

"I am not worried about you laughing." She says quietly giving a little nod. "We were trying to tap into a new source of power. Something that was beyond what we were using at the time. Heavily layered spell work with a deeply rooted ritualistic nature. Four hours straight of spell casting. But it didn't work the way we wanted it to. We were hoping to tap into power. But instead a creature came through. It wasn't friendly." She frowns.

Slii Arhem
2014-02-04, 09:51 PM
Western Ghost Town

Denise does, in fact, have a chain. It's a sturdy one, and she loops it through the front tire so that even if someone does break the shrub it won't be easy to roll away.

"The saloon, maybe?" Denise offers, "Were saloons open all night? It'd be where we would go to get a room, right? Or did they have dedicated hotels back then?" She doesn't know much about old west towns, it seems.

Western Ghost town

the minotaur shrugs.

Western Ghost Town

The saloon is a smoky, dimly lit place with a cowgirl tending the bar almost bursting out of her top and plenty of roughnecks all clustered around tables, glaring at each other over drinks and cards. There are a few girls of varying races, shapes, sizes, and levels of dress hovering around and waiting to catch some John's eye for a free drink or a bit of more substantial fun upstairs.

The cowgirl, who also happens to be a cow-girl, has her eyes on Krayger as he leads the way in, and purses her lips for a low whistle that can barely be heard over the din of the card sharks and call girls.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-04, 10:00 PM
Western Ghost Town

Denise is surprised. She had expected more humans. She had expected the pair of them to stick out more. She had expected it to be creepier.

Of all that, she's most surprised by the number of non humans around. She's been in Inside, but it was one of the human-heavy parts... she's a bit overwhelmed now.

Gullara
2014-02-04, 10:13 PM
[Luna Lake]

"Uh... would you help me with the binding first please?" Kitty seemed pretty open about that even if it was a bit awkward. She really had to get a new one first. She holds up the binder and smiles sheepishly. "I was thinking of buying a new one on mallside, ever been there?" She didn't want to linger on the subject of breast binders too long, or at all.

[Luna Lake]

"Sure, I can do that. So how exactly does this thing go on..?" With some instruction, Kitty will set about wrapping Obriane's chest. "Why do you wear this thing anyway? It looks like it's crushing you." Kitty doesn't think she herself would be the least bit with it on, and Obriane has a lot more to crush.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-04, 10:30 PM
Western Ghost Town

The saloon is a smoky, dimly lit place with a cowgirl tending the bar almost bursting out of her top and plenty of roughnecks all clustered around tables, glaring at each other over drinks and cards. There are a few girls of varying races, shapes, sizes, and levels of dress hovering around and waiting to catch some John's eye for a free drink or a bit of more substantial fun upstairs.

The cowgirl, who also happens to be a cow-girl, has her eyes on Krayger as he leads the way in, and purses her lips for a low whistle that can barely be heard over the din of the card sharks and call girls.
You see, this is what Krayger gets for using the phrase "human town." And confound it all, why does the first time in a month Krayger finds a girl who matches his basic description of "attractive" it has to be in a magic'd up town which may or may not actually exist. Gah. Still, he'd have been headed to the bar anyway. All it changes is that now he has to make sure he doesn't get caught staring.
"Just follow my lead." he says to Denise as he approaches the bar.
"Evening, Miss. My friend here and I were passing through when we came across this here town, which we weren't familiar with. Could you tell us a bit about where we are?"

Wintry Palace:

He grabbed it to wield it last time. Easier to do an overhead swing with your own two hands, at least at this point in his career.

Romeo prepares the icicle spell that had proven very useful so far. Drawing his hand back, he puts as much power as he can behind his hand. With all of his might he releases the icicle, aiming right between the eye sockets.

There's less moisture in the air here than in the open palace, so the icicle might be a bit smaller than the last. Still, the Jailer's helm is an open one, and the icy missile flies clear through its left eye, thanks to its movement. It gives a silent shriek as two of its arms go limp, and it runs at Romeo, its remaining mace flailing wildly in its spasming throes.

Aric Kale
2014-02-04, 11:36 PM
[Spirits with Hollow Hearts]

((If you want to be grammatically-correct about your Japanese tense, I think it'd more accurate to incant it like this: "Me o azamuke, kokoro o kowagarasete."))

Leo can't avoid the Lion's strike in midair, so he's forced to defend himself this time. He widens his grip on his staff and holds it out in front of him, stopping the attack before it can reach him. Despite his weapon being made of hard wood, it's much sturdier than one might expect. As the creature's blow is stopped, the spiritualist will propel himself away from it, landing a few yards away. He knows that it's only a matter of time before his luck runs out, so he decides to go on the offensive this time.

Leo understands the difference in raw power between himself and his opponent, so he'll be careful about facing the Lion head-on. He'll dance around the beast and hit it with a few weak strikes, waiting for it to expose an opening, and if/when it does, he'll hit that opening hard with a precision attack, thrusting his staff like a lance to hit the weak point...

)(Alright, sounds like a plan. I just plugged a sentence into Google Translate, so I appreciate the advice)(

The Lion, like all of the Hollows present, makes all or nothing attacks, with massive swipes and grand lunges. Unfortunately, this leaves a lot of weaknesses. The one that Leo takes advantage of allows him to jab it in the armpit as it passes by. This knocks it off balance and defenseless for this round. Be careful, the Ape is watching nearby, still giving those horrendous cries.
The Soul Reaper manages to trick the blinded Horse into barreling into the bewildered Wolf just long enough to finish the latter Hollow off with a double-bladed blow to the mask, disintegrating it into thousands of freed souls. Next round he'll slay the Horse and assist Leo, should he need the aid

OrchestraHc
2014-02-05, 12:50 AM
Wintry Palace:

Oh, god, with the throes! Why the throes?

In reaction to the Jailer's assault, Romeo runs backwards down the hallway, trying to outpace the Jailer. If he can manage some sort of distance, Romeo will plant his feet to the ground and wields both his hands. Throwing them forward, the air from hallway behind him fire like cannons along his harms at the undead.

Slii Arhem
2014-02-05, 10:46 AM
Western Ghost Town

Denise is surprised. She had expected more humans. She had expected the pair of them to stick out more. She had expected it to be creepier.

Of all that, she's most surprised by the number of non humans around. She's been in Inside, but it was one of the human-heavy parts... she's a bit overwhelmed now.

You see, this is what Krayger gets for using the phrase "human town." And confound it all, why does the first time in a month Krayger finds a girl who matches his basic description of "attractive" it has to be in a magic'd up town which may or may not actually exist. Gah. Still, he'd have been headed to the bar anyway. All it changes is that now he has to make sure he doesn't get caught staring.
"Just follow my lead." he says to Denise as he approaches the bar.
"Evening, Miss. My friend here and I were passing through when we came across this here town, which we weren't familiar with. Could you tell us a bit about where we are?"

Western Ghost Town

"Well sure hun. You're Nowhere now, just like the rest of us. Folks wandered through looking to get someplace else, and now they're stuck here. Guessing you came about the disappearances like the last few folk did?" She points a thick, but well manicured finger at the table full of card players, one in particular standing out, "One of them, big feller with the octopus face? He was a bounty hunter looking for someone who'd fled this way. Can't seem to find the feller for the life of him, so if the guy came here he must have found a way out too. Gives you hope, thinking that way." Her smile slips for a moment, but then she pulls a crystal bottle of whiskey out from under the bar and pours a couple of shots into highball glasses, "A drink for you and your friend? First one after you get to town's free, helps get you over the shock."

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 11:36 AM

)(Alright, sounds like a plan. I just plugged a sentence into Google Translate, so I appreciate the advice)(

The Lion, like all of the Hollows present, makes all or nothing attacks, with massive swipes and grand lunges. Unfortunately, this leaves a lot of weaknesses. The one that Leo takes advantage of allows him to jab it in the armpit as it passes by. This knocks it off balance and defenseless for this round. Be careful, the Ape is watching nearby, still giving those horrendous cries.
The Soul Reaper manages to trick the blinded Horse into barreling into the bewildered Wolf just long enough to finish the latter Hollow off with a double-bladed blow to the mask, disintegrating it into thousands of freed souls. Next round he'll slay the Horse and assist Leo, should he need the aid
((As a rule, I tend only to use Google to translate individual words, as it doesn't always take modern grammatical rules, common word usage, or colloquialisms into account when translating phrases. Just a suggestion.))

Leo gains a bit of confidence at the success of his attack, preparing another strike. As the Wolf is destroyed, however, a rush of spiritual energy fills him from the liberation of those trapped within it, and it empowers him to perform his exorcist rite. A sphere of pressure appears around the spiritualist as the equivalent of his Reiatsu surges, protecting him from flank attacks while he recites a few short incantations in his native language, his voice eerily somber and menacing...

"{Restless spirit, corrupted by the taste of undeserved power, I compel you to be still.}"
"{Tenacious spirit, tempted by the promises of life and power, I compel you to cease your struggle.}"
"{Sorrowful spirit, terrified by the prospect of final rest, I compel you to return to All Creation.}"
With every word, the Lion should grow weak and still, almost as if falling into a deep hypnotic sleep. Should everything go according to plan, his energy will envelop the Hollow, and once he completes the final incantation, it will collapse and swallow the fallen creature, destroying its body and releasing the souls consumed by it...

((This is not to say, however, that one of the other enemies could break his concentration midway through and stop the process. It'd take some effort, but it's certainly not impossible, especially considering that Leo still doesn't have most of his power in the Nexus.))

Morcleon
2014-02-05, 12:16 PM
[Walking to Inside]

"I am not worried about you laughing." She says quietly giving a little nod. "We were trying to tap into a new source of power. Something that was beyond what we were using at the time. Heavily layered spell work with a deeply rooted ritualistic nature. Four hours straight of spell casting. But it didn't work the way we wanted it to. We were hoping to tap into power. But instead a creature came through. It wasn't friendly." She frowns.

[Walking to Inside]

"Mm... I see." Yuki looks a bit concerned. "And... it was this creature that did that to you...?"

Lost_Deep
2014-02-05, 02:04 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Well sure hun. You're Nowhere now, just like the rest of us. Folks wandered through looking to get someplace else, and now they're stuck here. Guessing you came about the disappearances like the last few folk did?" She points a thick, but well manicured finger at the table full of card players, one in particular standing out, "One of them, big feller with the octopus face? He was a bounty hunter looking for someone who'd fled this way. Can't seem to find the feller for the life of him, so if the guy came here he must have found a way out too. Gives you hope, thinking that way." Her smile slips for a moment, but then she pulls a crystal bottle of whiskey out from under the bar and pours a couple of shots into highball glasses, "A drink for you and your friend? First one after you get to town's free, helps get you over the shock."

"But... then how are we going to get money for more drinks, then? How does that work?" She shakes her head. "I guess... how does the town work, then? You walk out one side and come in another? Or you walk out and get to another, identical town? How are people still alive here? How do you have enough food?"

Deathkeeper
2014-02-05, 04:01 PM
Wintry Palace:

Oh, god, with the throes! Why the throes?

In reaction to the Jailer's assault, Romeo runs backwards down the hallway, trying to outpace the Jailer. If he can manage some sort of distance, Romeo will plant his feet to the ground and wields both his hands. Throwing them forward, the air from hallway behind him fire like cannons along his harms at the undead.
Wintry Palace

Well, when fighting something without vital organs instakills aren't always a guarantee. And also I didn't feel like the armor guy getting taken out in two moves :smallwink:
The Jailer's head trauma has made it uncoordinated, so this time the air-push spell bowls it over. It lands full on its back, hissing and convulsing a bit as its magic leaks away. Tep drops from his place and lands foot-first on the icicle. driving it through the back of its skull before tossing another tiny fireball into its forehead and hopping off, smirking as it starts to go still.

Western Ghost Town

"But... then how are we going to get money for more drinks, then? How does that work?" She shakes her head. "I guess... how does the town work, then? You walk out one side and come in another? Or you walk out and get to another, identical town? How are people still alive here? How do you have enough food?"
Western Ghost Town

((Just for the sake of me picturing this scene, what color is she?))
Krayger shakes his head and grins just a little bit. He's a careful guy, but it takes quite a lot to visibly worry him. Besides, what the lass was saying wasn't really any worse than what he'd thought when they first walked into this version of the place.
"I've always been more of an ale bull, myself. Besides, unless that's the extra strong stuff at my size one's not going to do much.
But Yeah, I'd been about to ask how you get supplies and an economy in a place this small. Or room."

Slii Arhem
2014-02-05, 04:25 PM

Wintry Palace

Well, when fighting something without vital organs instakills aren't always a guarantee. And also I didn't feel like the armor guy getting taken out in two moves :smallwink:
The Jailer's head trauma has made it uncoordinated, so this time the air-push spell bowls it over. It lands full on its back, hissing and convulsing a bit as its magic leaks away. Tep drops from his place and lands foot-first on the icicle. driving it through the back of its skull before tossing another tiny fireball into its forehead and hopping off, smirking as it starts to go still.

Western Ghost Town

((Just for the sake of me picturing this scene, what color is she?))
Krayger shakes his head and grins just a little bit. He's a careful guy, but it takes quite a lot to visibly worry him. Besides, what the lass was saying wasn't really any worse than what he'd thought when they first walked into this version of the place.
"I've always been more of an ale bull, myself. Besides, unless that's the extra strong stuff at my size one's not going to do much.
But Yeah, I'd been about to ask how you get supplies and an economy in a place this small. Or room."

Western Ghost Town

((Her fur is this (http://www.whateats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cow.jpg) colour.))

The bartender shrugs and knocks back one of the whiskeys straight before hauling a beer up from an ice bucket behind the bar. The bottle is quite large, about a liter of bubbling liquid all told.

"We do pretty well for ourselves, considering. There's all kinds of different states this place is in, and this is where most of us keep to ourselves. If you leave one of them at night, you'll find this one on the horizon. It's constant night here, and once you get here you've gotta walk until dawn to find anyplace else." She shakes her head, thinking back over what she said and realizing it doesn't help explain much.

"You two showed up and everything was abandoned and pretty spooky, right? That's what we all saw when we first got here. When you leave that place, depending on time of day, you wind up in another version of it. This'uns the night version, but there's a dusk and a dawn, and a high noon too. Dusk's the one we all saw at first, but dawn's got enough supplies that we can send a few people there and bring them back at the end of the day, keep ourselves from starving. Gotta leave dawn for more supplies to show up though, or else we'd just stay there. Other than that, we're just passing time, trying ta think up ways to leave."

Aric Kale
2014-02-05, 04:45 PM
((As a rule, I tend only to use Google to translate individual words, as it doesn't always take modern grammatical rules, common word usage, or colloquialisms into account when translating phrases. Just a suggestion.))

Leo gains a bit of confidence at the success of his attack, preparing another strike. As the Wolf is destroyed, however, a rush of spiritual energy fills him from the liberation of those trapped within it, and it empowers him to perform his exorcist rite. A sphere of pressure appears around the spiritualist as the equivalent of his Reiatsu surges, protecting him from flank attacks while he recites a few short incantations in his native language, his voice eerily somber and menacing...

"{Restless spirit, corrupted by the taste of undeserved power, I compel you to be still.}"
"{Tenacious spirit, tempted by the promises of life and power, I compel you to cease your struggle.}"
"{Sorrowful spirit, terrified by the prospect of final rest, I compel you to return to All Creation.}"
With every word, the Lion should grow weak and still, almost as if falling into a deep hypnotic sleep. Should everything go according to plan, his energy will envelop the Hollow, and once he completes the final incantation, it will collapse and swallow the fallen creature, destroying its body and releasing the souls consumed by it...

((This is not to say, however, that one of the other enemies could break his concentration midway through and stop the process. It'd take some effort, but it's certainly not impossible, especially considering that Leo still doesn't have most of his power in the Nexus.))

The Lion, as stated earlier, is defenseless and now...dead. Unfortunately, the Ape is right on his tail, beating down on his defensive walls. The exorcist could be in trouble, should his defenses fall.
The Horse is also vanquished, and Yûki-aru rushes over to help, letting an arc of Reiatsu-infused shadow slam into the Ape

Lost_Deep
2014-02-05, 05:02 PM
Western Ghost Town

"So someone could get back to the dusk town... maybe waiting there until dawn would work." She shakes her head again. "But I can't be the only one to think of that. What's the issue?"

Shadowcaller
2014-02-05, 05:12 PM
[Luna Lake]

"Sure, I can do that. So how exactly does this thing go on..?" With some instruction, Kitty will set about wrapping Obriane's chest. "Why do you wear this thing anyway? It looks like it's crushing you." Kitty doesn't think she herself would be the least bit with it on, and Obriane has a lot more to crush.

[Luna Lake]

Operation change subject has failed!

"To be able to wear my breastplate comfortably actually." She gestures at as she shifts uncomfortably when Kitty helps her along. "It's not that uncomfortably honestly but sometimes you just want it off." Anyway! Obriane looks downwards, she needed a new subject and quickly. The she spots Kitty's feet. "So uh, maybe you need some new shoes while we're there?" ...that was the best new subject you could come up with Obriane?

Deathkeeper
2014-02-05, 05:16 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger takes the drink and gulps some down.
"Well, if you are still charging for drinks then I suppose you pay the folks who do the lifting, else they'd have empty pockets after a few days. What's the noon version like? The dusk was bad enough to make me think that it might be closer to the heart of it than here at least. If they go in order though I suppose we'd have time to give them all a look-through. Couldn't hurt. After all, kill too much time and eventually the place will fill up, and that won't be good. And I couldn't call myself a Minotaur if I gave up on a puzzle that fast."
This is a matter of pride as well as freedom! And having an entire town in your debt doesn't hurt, assuming everyone there actually is another lost soul. Especially when at least one of them happens to be a busty member of his own species. 'Course, even if he didn't think that way he'd still expect to find out she's married aaaany second now. Krayger has poor luck when he gets his hopes up.

Slii Arhem
2014-02-05, 06:19 PM
Western Ghost Town

"So someone could get back to the dusk town... maybe waiting there until dawn would work." She shakes her head again. "But I can't be the only one to think of that. What's the issue?"

Western Ghost Town

Krayger takes the drink and gulps some down.
"Well, if you are still charging for drinks then I suppose you pay the folks who do the lifting, else they'd have empty pockets after a few days. What's the noon version like? The dusk was bad enough to make me think that it might be closer to the heart of it than here at least. If they go in order though I suppose we'd have time to give them all a look-through. Couldn't hurt. After all, kill too much time and eventually the place will fill up, and that won't be good. And I couldn't call myself a Minotaur if I gave up on a puzzle that fast."
This is a matter of pride as well as freedom! And having an entire town in your debt doesn't hurt, assuming everyone there actually is another lost soul. Especially when at least one of them happens to be a busty member of his own species. 'Course, even if he didn't think that way he'd still expect to find out she's married aaaany second now. Krayger has poor luck when he gets his hopes up.

Western Ghost Town

A shudder of revulsion ripples across her skin as Krayger asks about high noon, "Noon's full of dead people, or soon to be dead. You get there fast enough and you'll hear gunfire as you walk into town, but no matter what, by the time you get there no one's left alive. Can never find out who or what killed em, but there's nothing left but streets and buildings full of corpses every time you go." She looks at the other untouched shot of whiskey, then at Denise, and then downs that one herself. It's clear she's been there before, possibly more than once.

"It's easy enough to get to Dusk. You walk to Dawn from here, then wait until dusk and walk to Dusk from there. But there's nothing there 'cept looted buildings and spooks, and you can only get to the other places from there, can't get back to the Nexus."

Lost_Deep
2014-02-05, 06:53 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Huh... maybe Noon is the way out, then. On the other hand, maybe the 'escapee' went to noon and got shot. But a choice between maybe getting shot and maybe escaping..." She sighs and takes off her helmet. "Can I have something nonalcoholic? I am a bit thirsty."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-05, 07:05 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger shakes his head.
"Sounds bad, although a bunch of fellows dying sounds like a classic setup for a spook-town. I suppose if we want to ever figure it out we'll need to try once.
Although, I made a phone call during our first go in Dusk. Do communications still work here? I could always try asking my boss. Hopefully the one who isn't the robot, although even that one would likely do something if I told him the people here would pay to get them out.
And I'm sorry, Miss, but I never caught your name."

Slii Arhem
2014-02-05, 07:29 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Risa Dellhorn. I couldn't tell you if phones and such still work here. Mine ran out of batteries on the way into town, and I couldn't make any calls. One of the others might know, if they've tried it." Risa looks for something under the bar, and finds a bottle of apple cider, "Don't think this has any booze in it, or if it does it's not much. Here you go hun." She puts it down in front of Denise with a shrug, ""I've gotta serve whatever the scroungers bring back, and most of them want to drink their sorrows away."

OrchestraHc
2014-02-05, 08:37 PM
Wintry Palace:

"You seem to really like finishing blows," Romeo comments. "Hey! Call out so we can find you," he says out loud to the hunter. "Tep, put one of those lights on him when he calls and keep the other on us." Romeo kneels down and takes out his knife to look over that key hand. If he cant just take it, he'll see if he can't pry them loose.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-05, 10:55 PM
Western Ghost Town

Denise sighs and goes about pouring some for herself before sitting down and sipping it. "I wanted to see what this Nexus thing was about. Just a quick visit, you know? And now..." She sips again. "I hope Dawn has fuel, because if not my bike has a limited lifespan."

McBish
2014-02-05, 11:42 PM
[Walking to Inside]

"Mm... I see." Yuki looks a bit concerned. "And... it was this creature that did that to you...?"

Amelia nods biting her lip. "Yeah it was. It was... Ripping the magic out of me, it was very physical. It ripped through our spells like they were nothing. I couldn't begin to tell you what it did to me, technically speaking." Recalling the actual event is easy enough. Far too easy for Amelia's liking.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-05, 11:48 PM
Western Ghost Town

Krayger nods. "Krayger, and it's a pleasure to meet you, despite the circumstances.
Cheer up lass, I'll get us all to Inside before our hair goes gray. My phone is clockwork, so if at least only Dusk has the same reception I can keep calling. Worse comes to worst we just describe the place until someone who actually knows stuff thinks of something. And this time I can ask for it, since I have a town's worth of coin lying around here. And my own pockets, if that's what it takes.
But for now, I doubt that's going anywhere in under a day. Have room for us to sleep anywhere, Risa, or do I need to get my tent?"

Wintry Palace

Now that they're out of combat Tep simply tosses a few flames to light the torches that have been left in their sconces. Because everyone knows torches left in their sconces for years will still burn when adventurers need them to. "Hrm? I've only done it to one fellow, why'd you say that?"
The key hand can be chopped off with a few hacks from Romeo's hunting knife, as it's just dry bone. For the record, if he looks the boy's bow is on a rack behind the Jailer's desk, although other than an open book and a pen there isn't much else even remotely interesting on that side of the room.
"Last one on the left, door side." comes the response. "Geez, sounds like you really nailed 'im. I really should've just waited, shouldn't I?"

Morcleon
2014-02-06, 12:04 AM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia nods biting her lip. "Yeah it was. It was... Ripping the magic out of me, it was very physical. It ripped through our spells like they were nothing. I couldn't begin to tell you what it did to me, technically speaking." Recalling the actual event is easy enough. Far too easy for Amelia's liking.

[Walking to Inside]

Wincing, Yuki places a comforting hand on Amelia's shoulder. "I see... you don't have to explain the process if you don't want to."

"And, um, how did you get rid of it in the end? I'd assume that it's not here anymore, yes?"

McBish
2014-02-06, 12:12 AM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia is shaking slightly, but takes a deep breath and calms down a bit with his touch. "I am not really sure. It left as far as anyone was able to tell me. I woke up in a bed three weeks later, I was the only one left. I didn't ask a whole lot of questions about it. I was just lucky to be alive."

Morcleon
2014-02-06, 12:23 AM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia is shaking slightly, but takes a deep breath and calms down a bit with his touch. "I am not really sure. It left as far as anyone was able to tell me. I woke up in a bed three weeks later, I was the only one left. I didn't ask a whole lot of questions about it. I was just lucky to be alive."

[Walking to Inside]

"So you haven't seen it since? That's good." Yuki smiles and gives her shoulder a slight squeeze before letting go. "You've gone through a lot. You're really strong, being able to come back from something like that..."

McBish
2014-02-06, 12:30 AM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia smiles a bit. "Thanks. I had a lot of help getting over it. The people that saved me took care of me for a long time. That is where I learned to fight. And where I got the only thing close to magic I can still do."

Lex-Kat
2014-02-06, 05:57 AM
Melody's Island

Of course not, Momma. Melody smiles up at Happy. But her eyes flutter as she struggles to stay awake. I'm just... I'm just tired is all....

Derek takes a closer look with the light Magtok makes. He will reach down and try to gently lift up the bandage to try and take a closer look at what the wound looks like. "I might be able to help her. I have some affinity for healing magic. She's right Melody you need to stay awake." He fishes out a necklace from under his shirt. Then he unclips the pendant from it, it looks like a small vial filled with a milky white liquid.

Derek will see that the wound under the bandage is completely healed, with only a scar showing where the wound had been. Quinn and Neirian healed my head and stopped the bleeding. Melody says softly, then chuckles. Quinn was in such a hurry to save Estia, that she left without saying goodbye.

Now that there is light, it is much easier to notice that Melody's left arm is limp by her side and there is a bump above her elbow that looks suspiciously like a bone trying to poke through.

Also, there is bruising all along her legs and, if they carefully lift her over to follow the bruises, they'll find they climb up her back along the right side of her body. They look to be from the fallen rocks, likely there's more than just the broken arm.

Lyanna pulls away from Jezebelle's hug and tugs at Happy to get her attention. Her eyes still wet from the tears, she says quietly, trying to hide her words from Melody. Miss Quinn went to find Melody's magic. I think she's in denying. Lyanna looks to Derek. Miss Quinn also said Melody's been broken, and that she shouldn't walk. She needs a flat surface to heel.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-06, 07:31 AM
Wintry Palace:

"I recall a thumb print and a vindictive reccomendation for extra torture before chucking a soul to the Punishing Hells."

Romeo was hoping it was just dry old bones. He'll pry the keys off before going to the boys cell and trying the keys until success. It's the faintest effort that summons the boy's bow (and quiver?) to him.

"You were actually very helpful. Wouldn't have beat the claw one without your arrows. You're very talented, but if you want to do this for a living, I reccomend a team. This solo stuff is for the birds."

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-06, 10:15 AM

The Lion, as stated earlier, is defenseless and now...dead. Unfortunately, the Ape is right on his tail, beating down on his defensive walls. The exorcist could be in trouble, should his defenses fall.
The Horse is also vanquished, and Yûki-aru rushes over to help, letting an arc of Reiatsu-infused shadow slam into the Ape
Leo barely has time to think about his next move before the Ape crashes into the sphere of protection around him, attempting to break it down and render him defenseless. The only thing saving him is another rush of energy from the spirits released from the vanquished Lion; their added power is just enough to sustain the barrier, allowing him to escape from harm's way. Unfortunately, this means that he'll need to collect more in order to perform another exorcism, and with the enemy so close at hand, it'd likely be easier to simply beat it to death with his weapon.

Thankfully, Yûki-aru has finished off his foe and is on his way to assist, so Leo will have some help with this menacing opponent. A wave of shadow from his blade's exposed ability gives him an opportunity to deal a joint attack, so he rushes in and strikes hard against the weight of the shadow blow, swinging his weapon with both hands like a baseball bat.

Slii Arhem
2014-02-06, 07:34 PM
Western Ghost Town

Denise sighs and goes about pouring some for herself before sitting down and sipping it. "I wanted to see what this Nexus thing was about. Just a quick visit, you know? And now..." She sips again. "I hope Dawn has fuel, because if not my bike has a limited lifespan."

Western Ghost Town

Krayger nods. "Krayger, and it's a pleasure to meet you, despite the circumstances.
Cheer up lass, I'll get us all to Inside before our hair goes gray. My phone is clockwork, so if at least only Dusk has the same reception I can keep calling. Worse comes to worst we just describe the place until someone who actually knows stuff thinks of something. And this time I can ask for it, since I have a town's worth of coin lying around here. And my own pockets, if that's what it takes.
But for now, I doubt that's going anywhere in under a day. Have room for us to sleep anywhere, Risa, or do I need to get my tent?"

Wintry Palace

Now that they're out of combat Tep simply tosses a few flames to light the torches that have been left in their sconces. Because everyone knows torches left in their sconces for years will still burn when adventurers need them to. "Hrm? I've only done it to one fellow, why'd you say that?"
The key hand can be chopped off with a few hacks from Romeo's hunting knife, as it's just dry bone. For the record, if he looks the boy's bow is on a rack behind the Jailer's desk, although other than an open book and a pen there isn't much else even remotely interesting on that side of the room.
"Last one on the left, door side." comes the response. "Geez, sounds like you really nailed 'im. I really should've just waited, shouldn't I?"

Western Ghost Town

She shrugs at the comment about fuel, unsure of it herself, but turns the majority of her attention to Krayger.

"You can sure try hun. There's plenty of places to sleep around town, but the rooms upstairs aren't for sleeping in. If you need some shut eye, any of the empty houses should suit you fine." She pauses, and then looks Krayger up and down, "But if you need company, I suppose I could get one of the other gals to tend bar a while. Not many fellas around here are what you'd call my type." Well that's about as blatant as you could get from a woman in a place like this, but she tosses in a knowing wink and a broad smile just to be sure he follows her.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-06, 07:44 PM
Western Ghost Town

Western Ghost Town

Denise keeps a straight face. In fact, she specifically straightens it. She also doesn't say anything, to keep anything unbecoming from coming out. She takes a drink (a bit more than a sip this time) and tries not to think about it while waiting for Krayger's response.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-06, 09:24 PM
Wintry Palace:

"I recall a thumb print and a vindictive reccomendation for extra torture before chucking a soul to the Punishing Hells."

Romeo was hoping it was just dry old bones. He'll pry the keys off before going to the boys cell and trying the keys until success. It's the faintest effort that summons the boy's bow (and quiver?) to him.

"You were actually very helpful. Wouldn't have beat the claw one without your arrows. You're very talented, but if you want to do this for a living, I reccomend a team. This solo stuff is for the birds."
Wintry Palace

Tep blinks at him. "Technically I just threw him out for his soul to be dragged down like anyone else's. And I don't see your point." After all, that fellow was already gone; not much of a finisher.
After the narrator finishes re-checking his notes (which is to say all five things that were planned) and Romeo's dialogue and finishes laughing his head off, he can continue describing how he gets to the cell after making that statement to find one rather large and extremely irritable-looking snowy owl, with what used to be his clothes wrapped around him as blankets. The bars on this cell were spaced for halfling-size or smaller prisoners, and while he still could probably have squeezed through the threat of the Jailer was enough to prevent that.
"You are so unbelievably lucky that I know you meant nothing by that." he says gruffly, shuffling his wings a bit to reveal the small set of opposable fingers growing out of them like a bat's thumb. Which the narrator blatantly stole from Eclipse Phase. (http://www.poeland.com/eclipsePhase/wiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=16&display&max=256)
The (third) key finger opens the door, assuming he's still doing that. Tep just shrugs, having none of the context to tell him this isn't what Romeo was expecting, except perhaps his face.

Western Ghost Town

She shrugs at the comment about fuel, unsure of it herself, but turns the majority of her attention to Krayger.

"You can sure try hun. There's plenty of places to sleep around town, but the rooms upstairs aren't for sleeping in. If you need some shut eye, any of the empty houses should suit you fine." She pauses, and then looks Krayger up and down, "But if you need company, I suppose I could get one of the other gals to tend bar a while. Not many fellas around here are what you'd call my type." Well that's about as blatant as you could get from a woman in a place like this, but she tosses in a knowing wink and a broad smile just to be sure he follows her.

Western Ghost Town

Denise keeps a straight face. In fact, she specifically straightens it. She also doesn't say anything, to keep anything unbecoming from coming out. She takes a drink (a bit more than a sip this time) and tries not to think about it while waiting for Krayger's response.
Western Ghost Town

Krayger returns the grin but shakes his head after another swig.
"Not tonight, Risa. If I'm going to give an honest effort at finding anything I'll need to have slept a little. And if I can help it at all I try to be a bit less casual and a bit more...patient with those matters.

Would you like to look for a spot now or would you rather ask around?" he says to the human.

Aric Kale
2014-02-06, 09:59 PM

)(Sorry for the weak posts, I'm not used to posting for monsters, posting for monsters and my own character at the same time, or running any sort of thing in FFRP)(.

The combined barrage of Leo and Yûki-aru is enough to both force the Ape backwards and crack its mask, injuring it severely. With the Shinigami's next blow, the Hollow is finished.
Yûki-aru contains his Spirit Energy, and sheathes his Zanpakuto.
I thank you for your aid. I could not have done this task alone. For that, I will give you a gift, that it may help you as you have done to me. With that, he gives him a fingerless glove with an odd flame-decal on the back. With this, you'll be able to leave your body and interact with the spiritual, and physical, world. You would be in the state I'm in now, except I don't have a body to return to.

)(You can activate the gloves however you see fit. Leo can't exactly have someone punch him in the gut every time.)(

OrchestraHc
2014-02-06, 10:16 PM
Wintry Palace:

Well now he's just unsure. "You're... You're the sick boy's cousin right? Did the necromancer do that to you? This is strange." This doesn't stop him from unlocking the cell. There's no reason to keep him in there while discussing this.

"Tep, could he do that? Transforming one living creature to another seems so beyond his ken." This is completely beyond changing around a dead body. Romeo didn't think he was capable of this.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-06, 11:17 PM
Wintry Palace

Will nods. It is, in fact, Will. He even says so after that.
"I don't really know how many injections. Was drugged the whole time, and apparently this was something he'd been sitting on for a while since he whipped it up in just a day and a half. Least he didn't bother to reapply the first set. I don't even want to know what I'd hallucinate while actually growing feathers."
"Alchemist kid, alchemist. Necromancers don't need potions and formulas to reanimate things. I said that before, remember?"
I believe the exact phrasing was "'Necromancer' is being generous."
"And yes, altering the physical body was his specialty. That's why the only thing he needed from me was the ritual of the soul, since he had the formula for his undeath worked out already. He made up the method for making potions specifically for undead on his own, which is actually rather impressive."
Will waddles out of the cell, keeping his old shirt around him for warmth, but sadly leaving his pants and shoes behind.
"There's a little knife in my left boot. Could you take that? Sorry if they're a bit gamey, but I made it myself with Uncle Ralof and I'd hate to leave it here to rot in this hole. Oh, that staff. You wouldn't be the kind of fellow who can reverse weird magic things...wouldja?"
And technically the Alchemist flat-out said he'd do the same to Romeo, but I guess Romeo just thought he was talking crazy.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-06, 11:24 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Some of both?" Denise suggests with a shrug. "We don't want to step on anyone's toes. It should be simple enough, right?"

OrchestraHc
2014-02-07, 12:12 AM
Wintry Palace

Will nods. It is, in fact, Will. He even says so after that.
"I don't really know how many injections. Was drugged the whole time, and apparently this was something he'd been sitting on for a while since he whipped it up in just a day and a half. Least he didn't bother to reapply the first set. I don't even want to know what I'd hallucinate while actually growing feathers."
"Alchemist kid, alchemist. Necromancers don't need potions and formulas to reanimate things. I said that before, remember?"
I believe the exact phrasing was "'Necromancer' is being generous."
"And yes, altering the physical body was his specialty. That's why the only thing he needed from me was the ritual of the soul, since he had the formula for his undeath worked out already. He made up the method for making potions specifically for undead on his own, which is actually rather impressive."
Will waddles out of the cell, keeping his old shirt around him for warmth, but sadly leaving his pants and shoes behind.
"There's a little knife in my left boot. Could you take that? Sorry if they're a bit gamey, but I made it myself with Uncle Ralof and I'd hate to leave it here to rot in this hole. Oh, that staff. You wouldn't be the kind of fellow who can reverse weird magic things...wouldja?"
And technically the Alchemist flat-out said he'd do the same to Romeo, but I guess Romeo just thought he was talking crazy.

Wintry Palace:

He mentioned turning Romeo into a steed, but he and I figured he meant by attaching horse parts or something.

"Necromancy was what he did, alchemy was what he used. Though in this case, yes, it's not necromancy." Romeo says, a little disinterested in the semantics. He has no second thoughts about grabbing Will's knife.

"I'm sorry, but no. I don't know how to do that. My master may have notes on the subject but even he isn't an expert on body magic. But after we bring the flowers to your father, I can take you into the city. There are plenty of clerics, wizards, and miracle workers who could help you."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-07, 12:58 AM
Wintry Palace

I actually hadn't been sure how it'd work. I went through a lot of different animal ideas, the elk being one of the earlier ones, with various ideas of full animal to tauric, but eventually decided that the crazy alchemist's first priority would be getting more materials and information, not something to carry him around. Hence, spy animal.
Will looks dejected. "Oh, okay. Well, it's not too bad. At least I'll still fit in our cabin and it wasn't a mouse or something. mm."
Tep raises a hand.
"Erm, you want a ritual of body restoration, right? I might have one of those in my book. A strong spell like that, even a white magic one that a good kid like you can cast will be in the Restricted Pages, though. I'm not allowed to give those away without a contract. I mean, you promised you'd take me as your minion, and that's doing me enough of a favor that I could put the spell as the payment for hiring me...but if you look at it a certain way it is getting magic from a deal with a demon. By my Hell's standards you're not trading souls and it's not to hurt anyone or personal gain, so you wouldn't have any marks against you, but that's Our Hell. I guess you can't really trust my word on that." he says quietly.
((Also, I totally didn't think of this until I had already introduced Tep. It just fit together really well.))

Morcleon
2014-02-07, 02:42 AM
[Walking to Inside]

Amelia smiles a bit. "Thanks. I had a lot of help getting over it. The people that saved me took care of me for a long time. That is where I learned to fight. And where I got the only thing close to magic I can still do."

[Walking to Inside]

"You're quite welcome." Yuki grins, happy that Amelia isn't being mopey anymore. "So what's this 'close to magic' thing? Maybe I can try to base any potential grafts off of that..."

OrchestraHc
2014-02-07, 01:20 PM
Wintry Palace

I actually hadn't been sure how it'd work. I went through a lot of different animal ideas, the elk being one of the earlier ones, with various ideas of full animal to tauric, but eventually decided that the crazy alchemist's first priority would be getting more materials and information, not something to carry him around. Hence, spy animal.
Will looks dejected. "Oh, okay. Well, it's not too bad. At least I'll still fit in our cabin and it wasn't a mouse or something. mm."
Tep raises a hand.
"Erm, you want a ritual of body restoration, right? I might have one of those in my book. A strong spell like that, even a white magic one that a good kid like you can cast will be in the Restricted Pages, though. I'm not allowed to give those away without a contract. I mean, you promised you'd take me as your minion, and that's doing me enough of a favor that I could put the spell as the payment for hiring me...but if you look at it a certain way it is getting magic from a deal with a demon. By my Hell's standards you're not trading souls and it's not to hurt anyone or personal gain, so you wouldn't have any marks against you, but that's Our Hell. I guess you can't really trust my word on that." he says quietly.
((Also, I totally didn't think of this until I had already introduced Tep. It just fit together really well.))

Wintry Palace:

"No, it is personal gain. It's a powerful spell and a shortcut from either legwork or research." Offen rare that someone justifies not taking the deal with devil. "But we'll put a pin in it until I'm satisfied we've exhausted all options. Just in case." He turns his face to Will. "I will get you back to normal, I swear it." He even crosses his heart for good measure. "Do you think your shaman could do something about this?"

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 12:00 AM
Ghost town near DFI

Leo is here, walking as quickly as he can with Sylvia presumably behind, looking over his shoulder far too often.

He happens upon a small, pastel-colored bunch of two story shoppes and townhouses remeniscent of 1950's American designer neighbourhoods.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 12:07 AM
Ghost town near DFI

Leo is here, walking as quickly as he can with Sylvia presumably behind, looking over his shoulder far too often.

He happens upon a small, pastel-colored bunch of two story shoppes and townhouses remeniscent of 1950's American designer neighbourhoods.

Sylvia follows, daggers held in each hand and wings spread out for flight just in case.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 12:11 AM
Sylvia follows, daggers held in each hand and wings spread out for flight just in case.

Leo stops in front of a house with an overgrown, once priatine lawn.

"I hate being an open target. This way."

He leans back on one heel and stomps on the door with the ferociously strong legs of a tire geal, slamming it open, and waves Sylvia in before closing it back behind them and pushing a China cabinet in front of it.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 12:43 AM
Leo stops in front of a house with an overgrown, once priatine lawn.

"I hate being an open target. This way."

He leans back on one heel and stomps on the door with the ferociously strong legs of a tire geal, slamming it open, and waves Sylvia in before closing it back behind them and pushing a China cabinet in front of it.

Sylvia flies in quickly.
Now what?

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 12:48 AM
Sylvia flies in quickly.
Now what?

"Vantage point."

Leo runs up to the bedroom in the upstairs of the house, it's curtain covered master bed still pristine long after the inhabitants of this town disappeared.

He ducks down and peeks out a window, sweating from the run and releasing more of his pheremones than before as his pores open up, and watches. And waits.

After a while, he stands back up further in the room and scratches the back of his head.

"Maybe it was a false alarm. Whatever it is, nothing's following us. For now."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-08, 12:59 AM
Wintry Palace:

"No, it is personal gain. It's a powerful spell and a shortcut from either legwork or research." Often rare that someone justifies not taking the deal with devil. "But we'll put a pin in it until I'm satisfied we've exhausted all options. Just in case." He turns his face to Will. "I will get you back to normal, I swear it." He even crosses his heart for good measure. "Do you think your shaman could do something about this?"

Wintry Palace

"Bull****. No one's going to be upset that you wanted to take less time if the whole point was making a bunch of people miserable for the shortest period of time possible. Shortcuts are only bad if you're benefiting from it, but here you're only doing it for someone else, and it's such a circumstantial ritual I doubt it'd be all that useful most of the time. Besides kid, if you've forgotten I'm on a time limit, and if I don't get a contract or some binding magics on me in the next hour I'll be spending the next century being kicked in the snout! And the one after that polishing the toe that my broken face had the nerve to bleed on!" he says, half yelling and half pleading. Although honestly I don't know if demons bleed. It's probably considered ichor if they do.

Will waves his wings in a shrug.
"He needs a strong magic plant just to exorcise a spirit that hangs around a fishing village. No, I don't think he'll be all that helpful. Thanks, though.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 01:30 AM
Wintry Palace:

The demon makes sense. And hes tickling Romeo's sympathy bone. He's been on the receiving end of an abusive upper class sort. Hearing the shaman will be of no help either doesn't build confidence.

"..."

"How long would it take to prepare? Could we do it with the materials upstairs?" He's not one hundred percent for it, but he can't leave Tep to that fate.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-08, 01:54 AM
Wintry Palace

Well, he should remember that he could easily just bind Tep as a familiar normally as he'd mentioned before, it's just that he'd blow the chance of ever getting a contract-bound favor out of it, so it really depends on if he's willing to walk away from the opportunity with the victim in question standing right there.
Although seriously, if he agrees to this Tep might end up being the best thing to happen to him, as he'd have someone (besides his master) to tell him things like "don't give in to the thing that even told you it was a demon after it begs for like, five seconds." Because seriously, any sane person should suspect Tep of manipulating them. And whether or not he actually is, Romeo sure is making it easy.
Tep flips through the book, peering at the pages over his glasses.
"It's lengthy and complex, but I can guide you through it, even if I can't cast human White Magics. Doing it our normal way would be far faster and easier, but you want your soul stainless. And I was stuck with those plants for decades. Sight or not I remember them all. Yeah, they're all here, plus some basic equipment that's pretty darn common. It'll be stretching it thin, but no one's moving into that lab after us, so we don't need to be frugal with the materials.
I'm not allowed to discuss details on it except the ones to sell it to you. But say the word and I can have everything on paper in a minute."

Will looks over at Romeo though, apprehensive.
"You...don't really have to do this for me, you know. You don't know me."

Slii Arhem
2014-02-08, 09:14 AM
Western Ghost Town

Wintry Palace

Tep blinks at him. "Technically I just threw him out for his soul to be dragged down like anyone else's. And I don't see your point." After all, that fellow was already gone; not much of a finisher.
After the narrator finishes re-checking his notes (which is to say all five things that were planned) and Romeo's dialogue and finishes laughing his head off, he can continue describing how he gets to the cell after making that statement to find one rather large and extremely irritable-looking snowy owl, with what used to be his clothes wrapped around him as blankets. The bars on this cell were spaced for halfling-size or smaller prisoners, and while he still could probably have squeezed through the threat of the Jailer was enough to prevent that.
"You are so unbelievably lucky that I know you meant nothing by that." he says gruffly, shuffling his wings a bit to reveal the small set of opposable fingers growing out of them like a bat's thumb. Which the narrator blatantly stole from Eclipse Phase. (http://www.poeland.com/eclipsePhase/wiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=16&display&max=256)
The (third) key finger opens the door, assuming he's still doing that. Tep just shrugs, having none of the context to tell him this isn't what Romeo was expecting, except perhaps his face.

Western Ghost Town

Krayger returns the grin but shakes his head after another swig.
"Not tonight, Risa. If I'm going to give an honest effort at finding anything I'll need to have slept a little. And if I can help it at all I try to be a bit less casual and a bit more...patient with those matters.

Would you like to look for a spot now or would you rather ask around?" he says to the human.

Western Ghost Town

Risa goes back to wiping down the bar with a bit of a sassy smirk on her face, but it's clear she's skeptical of Krayger's ability to save the town. It's impossible to tell how long they've been in this dump since it's permanently night where most of the people stay, but it feels like it's been forever to her, so if there was something to be done about it, you'd think it would have been done by now.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 09:20 AM
Very far away from Ghost town near DFI

Filii left DFI, and made sure to go the opposite direction that Leo did. The bugs he placed on Leo allowed him to pick up every detail of their conversation. Now he knows that he was correct that the man was hiding something.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 02:06 PM
Wintry Palace:

They say there's a sucker born every second. When Romeo was born, there wasn't another one born for three whole hours.

"I do," Romeo replies. "Even if I don't know you, I have to help you. I have the power to help, so I have the obligation to. Simple as that."

"Tep, were going upstairs."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-08, 02:10 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Some of both?" Denise suggests with a shrug. "We don't want to step on anyone's toes. It should be simple enough, right?"

Western Ghost Town

Risa goes back to wiping down the bar with a bit of a sassy smirk on her face, but it's clear she's skeptical of Krayger's ability to save the town. It's impossible to tell how long they've been in this dump since it's permanently night where most of the people stay, but it feels like it's been forever to her, so if there was something to be done about it, you'd think it would have been done by now.

Western Ghost Town

Krayger is still smiling and takes a hearty pull from the bottle.
"You're lucking I'm not a betting man, Risa, because I know that smile. You don't think I'll get anywhere. But just you wait, I'll get something. Won't be vain enough to say it'll be soon, but I'll be damned before I drink myself fat in a tavern when I could be trying something.
I'm going to try another call, Denise. If you'd like you can grab some intel."
He can be skipped for a bit while that gets concluded.

Wintry Palace:

They say there's a sucker born every second. When Romeo was born, there wasn't another one born for three whole hours.

"I do," Romeo replies. "Even if I don't know you, I have to help you. I have the power to help, so I have the obligation to. Simple as that."

"Tep, we're going upstairs."

Wintry Palace

Well, as long as it's because of him and not because the setup I pieced together last minute pressures you to pick one option, it's fine.
Tep snorts at the do-gooder sentiment, but does not comment. He will, however, firmly plant himself on Romeo's shoulder so he can start writing as he's walking.
"Take his clothes, kid. Once all those feathers are gone and he gets his lame human feet back he'll start freezing and needing his boots to walk. All the materials we need are in the store room you found me in save for a few ones that I think I saw when you walked past that supply closet. I'll send this fellow to gather those regular ones while you move the tables in the Lab to the walls so we have room for the ritual. You'll need to get some of the magic soaps and scrub the alchemist's lich-dust off the floor, because that'll screw with the magic. The ice, too, can't have water on the runes."
Says the imp, formulating a plan along with the document. There are no more undead minions around, and that part will go smoothly.
I can't write up the contract on my phone though, so saving that for next round.

Lost_Deep
2014-02-08, 02:27 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Well, I guess the big thing is about anyone who might have a better idea about how this place works, and then whether there are any places or people in town we should avoid," she says. She takes another sip before continuing, "We're going to need to know that whether we're going to escape or not."

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 03:39 PM
Wintry Palace:

Romeo has no major issues aside from his uneasiness to walk back through the damn mirror room.

He's perfectly capable at cleaning away the ice and lich dust and following Tep's instruction.

What Will does is up to you.

McBish
2014-02-08, 04:11 PM
Melody's Island

Of course not, Momma. Melody smiles up at Happy. But her eyes flutter as she struggles to stay awake. I'm just... I'm just tired is all....

Derek will see that the wound under the bandage is completely healed, with only a scar showing where the wound had been. Quinn and Neirian healed my head and stopped the bleeding. Melody says softly, then chuckles. Quinn was in such a hurry to save Estia, that she left without saying goodbye.

Now that there is light, it is much easier to notice that Melody's left arm is limp by her side and there is a bump above her elbow that looks suspiciously like a bone trying to poke through.

Also, there is bruising all along her legs and, if they carefully lift her over to follow the bruises, they'll find they climb up her back along the right side of her body. They look to be from the fallen rocks, likely there's more than just the broken arm.

Lyanna pulls away from Jezebelle's hug and tugs at Happy to get her attention. Her eyes still wet from the tears, she says quietly, trying to hide her words from Melody. Miss Quinn went to find Melody's magic. I think she's in denying. Lyanna looks to Derek. Miss Quinn also said Melody's been broken, and that she shouldn't walk. She needs a flat surface to heel.

Derek is very careful as he examines Melody. "OK so we need a backboard. I should be able to help with most of this stuff, but not here." He figures he needs to grab a few things from his ship, and what he has in mind would best be done in a better place then a dark cave.

==============

[Walking to Inside]

"You're quite welcome." Yuki grins, happy that Amelia isn't being mopey anymore. "So what's this 'close to magic' thing? Maybe I can try to base any potential grafts off of that..."

"It's a magical construct that I carry around in my body." She holds out her hand in front of her summoning up a sword made entirely of a golden light. She spins it around in her hands and summons up a second one as well. She might be showing off her sword skills just a little bit. Then she lets both swords flicker away. "It basically allows me to create solid constructs out of light."

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 05:42 PM
"Vantage point."

Leo runs up to the bedroom in the upstairs of the house, it's curtain covered master bed still pristine long after the inhabitants of this town disappeared.

He ducks down and peeks out a window, sweating from the run and releasing more of his pheremones than before as his pores open up, and watches. And waits.

After a while, he stands back up further in the room and scratches the back of his head.

"Maybe it was a false alarm. Whatever it is, nothing's following us. For now."

Very far away from Ghost town near DFI

Filii left DFI, and made sure to go the opposite direction that Leo did. The bugs he placed on Leo allowed him to pick up every detail of their conversation. Now he knows that he was correct that the man was hiding something.

Leo sighs and collapses facefirst on the bed, unaware of the listening devices.

"I fink fomeone'f after uff," he says, muffled by the bed.

He rolls over onto his back, popping his carapace armour open to let his skin air out, releasing more pheremones from the airtight seal and revealing a sweaty T-shirt clinging to a well muscled body.

"Maybe two someone's."

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 05:48 PM
Leo sighs and collapses facefirst on the bed, unaware of the listening devices.

"I fink fomeone'f after uff," he says, muffled by the bed.

He rolls over onto his back, popping his carapace armour open to let his skin air out, releasing more pheremones from the airtight seal and revealing a sweaty T-shirt clinging to a well muscled body.

"Maybe two someone's."

Ah. That's not good.
Sylvia replies, trying very hard not to ogle Leo or... do anything stupid, and finding it damn near impossible.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 05:56 PM
In the middle of nowhere

Filii continues to listen, annoyed that he can't see what is going on. Did they find the 2 devices? Or does he just have a feeling?

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 06:00 PM
Ah. That's not good.
Sylvia replies, trying very hard not to ogle Leo or... do anything stupid, and finding it damn near impossible.

Leo remains quiet for awhile, his chest heaving as he breaths.

"I need to get out of this damn suit."

He props himself up on his elbows and looks at Sylvia.

"Any more of you falling out of the sky I should worry about? Do I need to be standing out there with a net?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 06:05 PM
Leo remains quiet for awhile, his chest heaving as he breaths.

"I need to get out of this damn suit."

He props himself up on his elbows and looks at Sylvia.

"Any more of you falling out of the sky I should worry about? Do I need to be standing out there with a net?"

Only if some ******* decides it would be fun to soak my wings in water...
Sylvia replies, staring at Leo's chest.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 06:10 PM
Only if some ******* decides it would be fun to soak my wings in water...
Sylvia replies, staring at Leo's chest.

Leo's head hangs back a bit as he laughs.

"I meant more sylphs. I'm not sure what to expect," Leo raises an eyebrow and pretends to be suave, "It's not every day beautiful women fall on me outta nowhere."

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 06:16 PM
Leo's head hangs back a bit as he laughs.

"I meant more sylphs. I'm not sure what to expect," Leo raises an eyebrow and pretends to be suave, "It's not every day beautiful women fall on me outta nowhere."

It's not every day I fall on handsome men either.
Or fall for one either.
She replies, blushing as she says the last part.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 06:19 PM
It's not every day I fall on handsome men either.
Or fall for one either.
She replies, blushing as she says the last part.

Leo's chest stops moving, his ear frills open wide, and he stares blankly and wide eyed at the ceiling. Sweat drips and soaks into the aged, slightly moth eaten blankets beneath him.

"Eep!"

Duck999
2014-02-08, 06:19 PM
Middle of nowhere

Filii rolls his eyes. He goes to do some other stuff, still listening, but not as intently. As soon as he hears something other than them wooing each other, he will go back to listening.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 06:26 PM
Leo's chest stops moving, his ear frills open wide, and he stares blankly and wide eyed at the ceiling. Sweat drips and soaks into the aged, slightly moth eaten blankets beneath him.

"Eep!"

Leo, I'm in love with you Really, I am.
Sylvia says, blushing profusely.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 06:32 PM
Middle of nowhere

Filii thinks back to the wall. When he removes armor, he makes people nearby feel affection for him. Leo must have taken off his armor, from this turn of events. It probably is the Leo, since he doesn't seem to know he is makjng this happen.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 06:32 PM
Leo, I'm in love with you Really, I am.
Sylvia says, blushing profusely.

Leo has never been in this situation before, and it shows as he stammers and gesticulates wildly with his hands, not actually getting any sort of message across.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-08, 06:33 PM
Wintry Palace

Well of course it is, he's my NPC!
The Mirrors all act as windows to parallel Nexus-es in which a similar mirror is standing in the same spot. Ideally, there are some worlds that are similar to the existing one but have a few subtle differences. It would have been used as a tool for studying how different conditions can affect things, and also for advice. The Mirror imparts what the major difference is/was to the gazer at first look, but more information comes in the longer one looks at it. It would have been useful if you looked into a mirror and saw your other you as sickly and frail and it told you that this version had been poisoned; you'd know there might be someone untrustworthy in your staff.
Of course, staring for too long would be problematic as both versions of you continue to exchange information. It could cause quite the identity crisis, and that's not even counting the alternate worlds where the person was a different race or species (and therefore might have a very different mindset), and although it never came up I think I decided the mirrors would not cause physical changes. Or at least not for an extremely reasonable time, like hours later. This is why there were curtains. If there was any sign of distress a servant could pull them shut and end the effect.
The reason only half of the mirrors show reflections is because presumably while there are many parallel dimensions not all of them had Romeo reach that room. So while their might have been one which would have shown him as having been raised as upper class, or having been born some other kind of critter or whatever, it can only show those that took on the NO/MERC job, since only those Romeo's would be here. There would have been at least one in which Will waited, which might have resulted in Romeo having been injured more by the Wights, or one where Romeo was captured quickly and was already made a mutant by the Alchemist (and would have been a good hint), whereas others in which the Alchemist botched the ritual or was never evil, and therefore if Romeo looked now he'd see himself cheerily waltzing out without any issue save for a few wild animals to drive away. And there might even be one in which he had a much more evil demon to deal with.
But for the sake of his sanity, let's not go there.
Will won't be doing too much, just flying down to grab a few things from the closet. Sometimes multiple times since he doesn't know what an onyx is at first glance.
Still, as he said before Tep can't reveal any of the components that are specific to this spell to a mortal until he's got a contract allowing him to do so. So now, for that. The book Imp, his expression an odd mix of rushed stress and cheeriness, sits on a lecturn and scribbles quickly and quietly in his book while Romeo gets busy scrubbing and moving furniture and equipment. Eventually he stops, looks at it, and nods before calling to Romeo and waving him over. He turns his book around so the teenager can read it, which he should be able to, as Tep's handwriting is nearly flawless in its legibility. A Book Imp who's a lousy scribe won't last long.
"Tell me what you think, kid. I can change the wording of anything you think's unclear or ambiguous. Feel free to scrutinize my end of it, if you think I'm trying to weasel out of anything. I made sure to be specific so if anyone doesn't trust me you can prove I'm not up to anything."
I. The Mortal, Whose Name Shall Be Signed Below, agrees to take the Contractor of this Document (Also Signed Below) as his Servant, who is bound to the conditions in Section II, Article A, although His role, be it Adviser, Scribe, Familiar, etcetera, will be left to the Mortal's discretion. He agrees to all of the following conditions as Master of His Servant, the Contractor:
i. to provide for Him proper conditions for His Role and Needs,
ii. to refrain from unnecessary Cruelty in His Treatment of the Servant and from harming or, if within His capacity, allowing harm to befall the Servant without due reason, including harm caused by His Allies
iii. to refrain from unnecessarily revealing the Servant's nature to others who may wish Him harm because of it, and from ever revealing the Servant's True Name to another
iv. to neither overwork the Servant without need, nor to neglect giving Him work to the point of causing Maddening Idleness
v. to give the Servant opportunity to provide advice if He believes His task could be accomplished in some way better under different orders or conditions
The Mortal understands that failure to comply with these terms on His part reverses its effects for Twenty-Four Hours, binding Him and the Contractor in each other's place for that time period.

II. In exchange, the Contractor agrees to provide the Mortal with the knowledge of one Arcane technique to purify a mortal's form to its natural state without permanent damage to the subject or caster's body, mind, or soul, and all the information and instruction necessary to successfully perform it.
A. As a Servant, the Contractor agrees to the following conditions:
i. He will follow the Master's orders to the best of His abilities
ii. He will not take direct or indirect action against the Master or His Allies without the Master's express and explicit consent
iii. He will not offer a contract to another mortal without the Master's consent, and He will never offer to take another being as His Master other than the Mortal named below while in His service.
iv. He will not mislead the Master in an effort to tarnish his Soul and deny Him His appropriate Final Reward, or attempt to achieve this result in any other way. He will not attempt to cause the damnation of other mortal souls.
v. He will inform the Master if he intends on taking actions which he knows would conflict with the Master's wishes
The Contractor understands that failure to comply with these terms on His part will void all of the Mortal's restrictions and may be punished as the Mortal sees fit, even if this involves the Contractor's undoing.

This Contract will remain a binding document for 5 standard years, to be renewed if the Mortal finds the service provided satisfactory.

Signed, the Mortal and Master in Question, __________
Signed, the Contractor, Demon, and Servant in Question, ________

Oh and for the record, Romeo never gave Tep his name, which is why he is being called "kid." Tep assumed this was just Romeo either being actually smart about not giving demons his name or just being too stressed to think of it.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 06:39 PM
Leo has never been in this situation before, and it shows as he stammers and gesticulates wildly with his hands, not actually getting any sort of message across.

What is it?
Sylvia asks, concerned.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 06:59 PM
What is it?
Sylvia asks, concerned.

Leo's never been in this situation or experienced this sort of terrifying flurry of emotions. He's not sure of anything right now.

So, of course, he says, "I love you, too."

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 07:02 PM
Leo's never been in this situation or experienced this sort of terrifying flurry of emotions. He's not sure of anything right now.

So, of course, he says, "I love you, too."

Sylvia goes over to him and kisses him.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 07:10 PM
Sylvia goes over to him and kisses him.

Leo flinches at first, feeling odd that someone is touching him in such new way, but he soon joins in, his own thin, slightly ridged lips joining the fray. His eyes are wider than before, this being one of the biggest surprises of his life despite how obvious it was.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 07:15 PM
Leo flinches at first, feeling odd that someone is touching him in such new way, but he soon joins in, his own thin, slightly ridged lips joining the fray. His eyes are wider than before, this being one of the biggest surprises of his life despite how obvious it was.

Sylvia attempts to pull the curtain!

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 07:20 PM
Sylvia attempts to pull the curtain!

Leo is too far gone to make any attempt to stop it, not that he'd want to.

Being that close to someone who releases the drug you've beecom addicted to when they sweat might have adverse effects. I'm not sure.

And thus begins Filii's career as an accidental voyeur.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 07:24 PM
Leo is too far gone to make any attempt to stop it, not that he'd want to.

Being that close to someone who releases the drug you've beecom addicted to when they sweat might have adverse effects. I'm not sure.

And thus begins Filii's career as an accidental voyeur.

Don't ask me, damnit! I'm a RolePlayer, not a Doctor! :smalltongue:

when the curtain rises, Sylvia is asleep and on top of Leo.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 07:25 PM
Middle of nowhere
((Well, that just sucks.))
Filii is now exponentially happy that the bugs planted are not visual, and only audio. He keeps listening, but not paying attention. He kind of zones out until he hears normal talking.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 07:31 PM
Don't ask me, damnit! I'm a RolePlayer, not a Doctor! :smalltongue:

when the curtain rises, Sylvia is asleep and on top of Leo.

Leo is breathing deeply and slowly, but still awake. Tire Geal were built for war, but enhanced endurance, agility, and single minded motivation have their uses elsewhere.

Having redundancies for every organ below the shoulders always helps, too. :smalltongue:

He holds Sylvia somewhat tightly, still paranoid that someone is nearby...

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 07:35 PM
Leo is breathing deeply and slowly, but still awake. Tire Geal were built for war, but enhanced endurance, agility, and single minded motivation have their uses elsewhere.

Having redundancies for every organ below the shoulders always helps, too. :smalltongue:

He holds Sylvia somewhat tightly, still paranoid that someone is nearby...

Sylvia awakes a while later.
She holds Leo tightly.
I love you.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 07:40 PM
Sylvia awakes a while later.
She holds Leo tightly.
I love you.

"H-hey!" Leo smiles, "You're awake!"

He runs a hand through her hair, not really sure why he's doing it but assuming it's the thing to do.

"Love you too, Sylvia."

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 07:48 PM
"H-hey!" Leo smiles, "You're awake!"

He runs a hand through her hair, not really sure why he's doing it but assuming it's the thing to do.

"Love you too, Sylvia."

Sylvia yawns.
guess we should get up now.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 07:52 PM
Sylvia yawns.
guess we should get up now.

"Yeah. Probably."

Leo makes no actual motion to get up, the lazy sod.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 07:54 PM
"Yeah. Probably."

Leo makes no actual motion to get up, the lazy sod.

Sylvia reluctantly gets up, yawning and getting dressed.

Slii Arhem
2014-02-08, 07:55 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Well, I guess the big thing is about anyone who might have a better idea about how this place works, and then whether there are any places or people in town we should avoid," she says. She takes another sip before continuing, "We're going to need to know that whether we're going to escape or not."

Western Ghost Town

Krayger is still smiling and takes a hearty pull from the bottle.
"You're lucking I'm not a betting man, Risa, because I know that smile. You don't think I'll get anywhere. But just you wait, I'll get something. Won't be vain enough to say it'll be soon, but I'll be damned before I drink myself fat in a tavern when I could be trying something.
I'm going to try another call, Denise. If you'd like you can grab some intel."
He can be skipped for a bit while that gets concluded.

Wintry Palace

Well, as long as it's because of him and not because the setup I pieced together last minute pressures you to pick one option, it's fine.
Tep snorts at the do-gooder sentiment, but does not comment. He will, however, firmly plant himself on Romeo's shoulder so he can start writing as he's walking.
"Take his clothes, kid. Once all those feathers are gone and he gets his lame human feet back he'll start freezing and needing his boots to walk. All the materials we need are in the store room you found me in save for a few ones that I think I saw when you walked past that supply closet. I'll send this fellow to gather those regular ones while you move the tables in the Lab to the walls so we have room for the ritual. You'll need to get some of the magic soaps and scrub the alchemist's lich-dust off the floor, because that'll screw with the magic. The ice, too, can't have water on the runes."
Says the imp, formulating a plan along with the document. There are no more undead minions around, and that part will go smoothly.
I can't write up the contract on my phone though, so saving that for next round.

Western Ghost Town

"Feel free to try asking anyone at the card tables. We've got a real simple system around here so that people don't get rusty on the whole civilization thing and start going crazy. People provide a service like dawn salvage or shopkeeping or just recreation, and we shuffle our little pool of money around between ourselves for fun. Doesn't mean all that much, but it keeps us occupied. If you've got some money, you can give me a tally of it and I'll keep a note of how much you came here with in my ledger. That way if we actually do get out, it won't matter if you've spent it, you'll get what you came in with." Fishing up a small leatherbound notebook and a pencil from behind the bar that she uses for bar tabs, Risa waits to see if Denise wants to comply with it or not while Krayger makes his call.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 08:00 PM
Sylvia reluctantly gets up, yawning and getting dressed.

Leo looks at how messy his low profile armour is and grimaces. After wiping himself clean with some field wipes, he nicks a nice trouser/T-shirt/leather jacket combo from the wardrobe and stuffs the armour and his scarf into his messenger bag.

"So...where to? Should we be trying to find anyone else who fell?"

Duck999
2014-02-08, 08:03 PM
Middle of nowhere

Filii goes back to listening. Finally, some talking.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 08:03 PM
Leo looks at how messy his low profile armour is and grimaces. After wiping himself clean with some field wipes, he nicks a nice trouser/T-shirt/leather jacket combo from the wardrobe and stuffs the armour and his scarf into his messenger bag.

"So...where to? Should we be trying to find anyone else who fell?"

Sylvia is about to reply when another sylph crashes through the roof!
It's a male in chainmail with a large axe on his back.
Sylvia screams and hastily covers her chest with her green tunic.
Uh... hi?

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 08:10 PM
Sylvia is about to reply when another sylph crashes through the roof!
It's a male in chainmail with a large axe on his back.
Sylvia screams and hastily covers her chest with her green tunic.
Uh... hi?

Leo's first reaction is to grab his collapsible plasma projector. His second is to lunge at the man with all the force of a tire geal's legs and attempt to hold him down, the pistol-like weapon held to his head.

"You have about three seconds to ditch the axe and give me one good reason not to pull this trigger."

Leo's pheremones go from lust inducing to increasing flight or fight response.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 08:15 PM
Leo's first reaction is to grab his collapsible plasma projector. His second is to lunge at the man with all the force of a tire geal's legs and attempt to hold him down, the pistol-like weapon held to his head.

"You have about three seconds to ditch the axe and give me one good reason not to pull this trigger."

The sylph takes the axe and puts it on the ground.
Jeez, calm down!
Sylvia inches back, still holding her tunic up with one arm, and drawing a dagger with her other.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-08, 08:17 PM
Adder's Mouth Bandit Camp

Around the area where Outside meets Seaside, a large group of tunnels and natural caves are built into the rock side facing the ocean. Lying on the cliffs is a very large bandit fort, built about a year ago by some bandit that frequently terrorized the smaller villages about. The bandit camp was one of the largest in the Nexus, composed of about one hundred and sixty bandits all in all. Lots of skilled fighters... It is for this reason that the camp is attacked. The bandit fort had never once been breached, despite the occasional adventuring parties attempts. However, they had never expected an aerial attack... It's nighttime, about one o clock in the morning, and the fort was lit up by torchlight. Suddenly, it started raining overhead. The bandits weren't particularly concerned over something as harmless as rain. Five minutes later, lightning fills the sky and thunder loud enough to wake giants woke up many of the men.

One of the men on watch, keeping look out from the West wall watchtower struggles to keep his hat on as he speaks to his partner. WOt in th' 'ell's goin' on up there? The flags blow in the wind, the powerful storm making any sort of sound difficult to hear....

Meanwhile in the torchlit cave system below, the restless dead skulk silently. Roughly one hundred silent skeletons, zombies, and ghouls stride in from the darkest of caverns below, snuffing out torches as they pass, sure to not use any of their pistols. They come across rooms, searching in packs of five, slicing the throats of any bandits sleeping, and then delivering their terrible bite.... infecting the corpse with their filth. Building their ranks. But for what? The packs loot all they can find, filling their pockets and sacks with gems, gold, and extra weapons. Any gunpowder the bandits keep is also transported. Any living and awake members are quickly slaughtered, overwhelmed in packs, their friends on topside unable to hear their comrades scream...

As the monstrous undead add to their ranks and loot the area, the many men topside begin to think it'd be best to try and speak to the druids they'd picked up weeks ago. Bandit druids were always useful in raids into the forest. Maybe they could stop this storm.... It just so happens that one particularly young bandit moves to open the hatch to the ladder which leads underground, at the same time the attacking undead had reached the bottom of the landing. The boy makes eye contact with the wight at the bottom and screams at the top of his lungs.... We're under attack!!!! Then, the boy's brains are removed from his head, as a bullet explodes out of his skull. Now the men are grabbing their weapons and moving about randomly, unable to organize themselves due to the not being able to hear their group leaders.

It is at this moment that Captain Clegg orders the ship to materialize on the physical plane, the massive ghost ship illuminated by the bright light of the moon and stars. Under the expert maneuvering of Chuckles the first mate, the ship is quickly into place and ready. The Captain of Rot shouts out the command to fire... The battle for the Fort lasted only a minuscule twenty minutes. The structural damage to the fort was nearly absolute. Only six men under Clegg's command were lost, but one hundred and thirty seven were recovered. The rest of the bandits were either blown apart by the cannons or shrapnel, too mangled to be reborn.... or eaten alive by the crew.

In another thirty minutes, the undead crew regroup and board The Crone's Claw, carrying with them an incredible amount of gold and gems, along with extra men to be used in the upcoming conflict Clegg had planned for....

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 08:19 PM
Wintry Palace:

"Well, you could define your needs for me. I found you in a circle after 30 years, presumably without food or water, after all. I don't know what maddening idleness is. The fifth condition under my section seems a bit small to result in a breach of contract. Also these terms for breach of contract." He gets to punish Tep if Tep breaks contact, but becomes Tep's servant for a day if he breaks contract. "No," he says plainly. A demon can get a lot done in twenty-four hours. "Absolutely not. I gain nothing from the freedom to punish you, you gain a me as your servant. It should be the immediate annulment of the contract for both sides. There should also be an understandable declaration that it has been annulled."

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 08:24 PM
The sylph takes the axe and puts it on the ground.
Jeez, calm down!
Sylvia inches back, still holding her tunic up with one arm, and drawing a dagger with her other.

Leo watches the sylph carefully, then notices that he is, in fact, a sylph, and relaxes, and his pheremones go back to normal.

"Sorry, man, thought you were attacking us. It's another sylph, Sylvia!"

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 08:44 PM
Leo watches the sylph carefully, then notices that he is, in fact, a sylph, and relaxes, and his pheremones go back to normal.

"Sorry, man, thought you were attacking us. It's another sylph, Sylvia!"

Oh. Uh, hi!
Sylvia says awkwardly.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 08:48 PM
Oh. Uh, hi!
Sylvia says awkwardly.

Leo climbs off the other sylph and gives him a hand in standing up.

"You've got some hella choice timing, man," Leo chuckles.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:01 PM
Leo climbs off the other sylph and gives him a hand in standing up.

"You've got some hella choice timing, man," Leo chuckles.

The sylph gets up.
Next time I see the court mage, i'm going to kill him.
What, did I interrupt something?
He asks.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-08, 09:03 PM
Wintry Palace

Tep turns the book back and frowns.
"Yeah, you're right, that's stupid. Sorry, it was just the first thing I thought of, and if I didn't put anything down it defaults to demon standards, and trust me when I say that I couldn't possibly want your soul any less, and I'd prefer not to spontaneously cease to exist on my part. Although honestly, in my head I just imagined having you do something demeaning. Maybe that's my problem. No ambition.
But sadly, that doesn't cut it. According to this contract, the ritual is my end of the bargain; the restrictions on me are a package deal of the servitude. I can't rip knowledge out of your head, so if it's annulled, then you get out scott-free from the obligations with what you payed for still intact. There has to be some consequence for you if you break it, even if it's something as simple as 'I get to make you keep me for longer.'
Five was just one that's so vague it'd never come into play, I just hate when I can't get a word in edgewise. Gone.
Trust me when I say that the only things I need are living space larger than what's allotted to the average pet parrot and something to do that isn't shoveling feces. Sure, breaks are appreciated, but if I don't have any work for a few weeks I get really fidgety and uncomfortable. I enjoy being able to eat every once and a while, but I don't need to. And I don't need to drink, either, although the one time anyone's ever let me try it I did think wine tastes rather nice. Fairly sure I can't get drunk, though." Tep says, occasionally stopping to wipe out lines with his thumb as if they were chalk on a board and not ink. He seems even more cheery than usual, although right now it's because he's found proof that he's not binding himself to an utter moron. But then he gives Romeo a more serious look as he makes eye contact over his glasses.
"Listen kid, I'll be honest, I don't really care what's in this. I just want to keep out of that pit as long as possible, and have some guarantees I'm going to have something soft to sleep on and not get punted across the room for making a spelling error. Most of this is just to get you the magic you want and to put stuff in writing so your friends don't take one look at me and slap banishments in my face. If I had my way it wouldn't even have a duration, but unless it does you can just fire me whenever you want and kick me back down, and I'm just trying to make it as fair a number as possible. I want you to want to keep me, and if that means I have to demean myself to a bunch of priests or whoever else your friends are, I don't care. I really just don't want to have to deal with any of that again. And I know you're not immortal, so at best this just delays it by a century, but if I have that chance I'm going to take it."

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 09:05 PM
The sylph gets up.
Next time I see the court mage, i'm going to kill him.
What, did I interrupt something?
He asks.

Leo turns to Sylvia, eyebrow raised questioningly, and shrugs, leaving it for her to answer.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:10 PM
Leo turns to Sylvia, eyebrow raised questioningly, and shrugs, leaving it for her to answer.

We were discussing about whether or not to search for other sylphs.
Sylvia replies, turning to Leo while still holding her tunic up.
It's up to you, hon.

Morcleon
2014-02-08, 09:23 PM
[Walking to Inside]

"It's a magical construct that I carry around in my body." She holds out her hand in front of her summoning up a sword made entirely of a golden light. She spins it around in her hands and summons up a second one as well. She might be showing off her sword skills just a little bit. Then she lets both swords flicker away. "It basically allows me to create solid constructs out of light."

[Walking to Inside]

"...impressive." Yuki raises an eyebrow and smiles in awe. "You're probably a really skilled fighter, yeah?"

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 09:23 PM
We were discussing about whether or not to search for other sylphs.
Sylvia replies, turning to Leo while still holding her tunic up.
It's up to you, hon.

"Sounds like a plan. If there's more they've probably headed for one of the cities when they landed...most likely Inside. Maybe if we start our search at the docks and head out from there?"

Leo turns to the other sylph.

"You've probably got a mild noggin' cloggin' like she did when she came down. Want me to take care of it?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:27 PM
"Sounds like a plan. If there's more they've probably headed for one of the cities when they landed...most likely Inside. Maybe if we start our search at the docks and head out from there?"

Leo turns to the other sylph.

"You've probably got a mild noggin' cloggin' like she did when she came down. Want me to take care of it?"

Sure.
The sylph replies, standing up and brushing off wood splinters.
Sounds like a plan.
Sylvia replies.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 09:38 PM
Sure.
The sylph replies, standing up and brushing off wood splinters.
Sounds like a plan.
Sylvia replies.

"I am touching you in a nonagressive, nonsexual manner. I hope this is acceptable," Leo repeats the earlier process with the eye stare and the healing membrane.

After that, he'll wait until Sylvia is dressed, helping her if need be.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:41 PM
"I am touching you in a nonagressive, nonsexual manner. I hope this is acceptable," Leo repeats the earlier process with the eye stare and the healing membrane.

After that, he'll wait until Sylvia is dressed, helping her if need be.

He succeeds!
This sylph isn't addicted to the pheromones.
Sylvia gets dressed quickly.
I forgot to mention that she has a scar on her right side.
When do we start?

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 09:44 PM
He succeeds!
This sylph isn't addicted to the pheromones.
Sylvia gets dressed quickly.
I forgot to mention that she has a scar on her right side.
When do we start?

Leo notes the scar, but doesn't bring it up for now.

"Might as well start now. No use in wasting time."

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:47 PM
Leo notes the scar, but doesn't bring it up for now.

"Might as well start now. No use in wasting time."

i'll help. Name's Tyrion.
The sylph comments, grabbing his axe.
Let's go.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 09:51 PM
i'll help. Name's Tyrion.
The sylph comments, grabbing his axe.
Let's go.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Leo, this is Sylvia. Let's get moving."

And Leo heads to inside!

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:55 PM
"Nice to meet you. I'm Leo, this is Sylvia. Let's get moving."

And Leo heads to inside!

You post first!

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 09:58 PM
Wintry Palace:

"I understand you. I didn't even question the duration and I do believe you bear me no ill will, but my master has taught me it's best to avoid possibilities for abuse altogether, especially in documentation. With the revisions made, if we can think up something a bit less potentially horrifying than the twenty-four hour swap, I think we can go from there. Maybe something quick, inane, or even slightly painful as a be-nice reminder, like getting to slam my hand in your book?"

"For the record, informally, well intentioned advice is always welcome."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-08, 10:27 PM
Wintry Palace

Tep snorts and twirls his pen in his fingers.
"Geez kid, it was mostly a joke punishment; it's not like you'd turn into me or anything. Although you seem to me like the kind of fellow who'd enjoy having wings. But anyway, it has to be something you would actually want to avoid, no matter how much of a formality it actually is. Now, I can put down that the response is a shock of pain, but just because I'd like to keep this in your favor doesn't mean I can redefine what those words mean. If I put that down, it will be painful. Now, you're a nice kid who probably won't decide to beat me so I doubt it'll ever matter, but I warn you nonetheless. The penalties must be severe, kid. If they're not, then mortals wouldn't bother even to consider a deal with any of the big name demons, because there would be nothing keeping them from just killing the mortal when they got bored.
Like, losing your sight or speech for a few hours is a good one. Or paralysis in your legs for a minute or two. Or messing with your appearance for a while; even kids know that nose-growing gag, although personally I'd be more partial to the ears or tail, if you had one. You'd be surprised how good an incentive potentially growing bat ears would be.
And honestly if you'd like to be specific you can pick mine. It's only fair that you do, and I'd really like it if I could take off the destruction thing."

Lost_Deep
2014-02-08, 10:38 PM
Western Ghost Town

"Feel free to try asking anyone at the card tables. We've got a real simple system around here so that people don't get rusty on the whole civilization thing and start going crazy. People provide a service like dawn salvage or shopkeeping or just recreation, and we shuffle our little pool of money around between ourselves for fun. Doesn't mean all that much, but it keeps us occupied. If you've got some money, you can give me a tally of it and I'll keep a note of how much you came here with in my ledger. That way if we actually do get out, it won't matter if you've spent it, you'll get what you came in with." Fishing up a small leatherbound notebook and a pencil from behind the bar that she uses for bar tabs, Risa waits to see if Denise wants to comply with it or not while Krayger makes his call.

"Mm... I'll keep that in mind for if it looks like I'll be here for a while. For now, I really just want some sleep. And maybe some food,now that I think about it." She examines the drink. "Or maybe alcohol gives me the munchies. I'm not super clear on that."

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 10:56 PM
Wintry Palace:

"Ick," is all Romeo can say to the idea of that shock of pain.

"Sight might work. So might a cosmetic change. I can't believe I'm saying this to a demon, but you can pick. As for you, how about your wings becoming too floppy for you to fly or something to that effect. Certainly better than handing over your rights to existence."

McBish
2014-02-08, 11:17 PM
[Walking to Inside]

"...impressive." Yuki raises an eyebrow and smiles in awe. "You're probably a really skilled fighter, yeah?"

Amelia nods. "I have always worked on staying in shape. After the incident is when I started training to fight. I really threw myself into it and have kept up training ever since then. So yeah I would say I am pretty good."

Deathkeeper
2014-02-08, 11:27 PM
Wintry Palace

Tep thinks for a moment.
"Alright, kid, how about this: if either party violates any of the normal rules, the injured party can force one change to the other's person, which can be whatever they think is appropriate as long as it ranges from 'mildly inconvenient' to 'demeaning.' The change only lasts a few hours unless their behavior continues. The Contract is a powerful thing, so it'll supply that power even though neither of us can normally do that to people.
Still, I don't really know the people you deal with. I mean, I'll tell you right now, I really just want to be around books and write and all that stuff. That's what's fun to me. Well, screwing with people is pretty fun, too. But still, I don't have any goals to drag anyone back to Hell when my time finally comes. I only mentioned it in here so like I said, you can prove that I don't if anyone accuses you of harboring me for nefarious purposes. So, if you don't think that's an issue, I can take that part out, but if you think I should keep it that part at least should really have some serious consequences. No one's going to believe that we're not evil when we make the punishment for damning a soul being turned hot pink."
he says, chuckling at the thought. He turns to a page near the inside cover where a dimly glowing image of a clock is.
"still got time, still got time."

OrchestraHc
2014-02-09, 12:58 PM
Wintry Palace:

He thinks about that for a moment. "That's a fair point. As little as I would like to harm you, damning someone is far too serious for that sort of punishment,"

"If you really don't intend to drag away souls, then we could leave it the restriction removal for that rule being broken. I'm not sure what I'd do should that ever happen, but yeah, it'd let people know I'm 'on the up and up.'"

Deathkeeper
2014-02-09, 01:07 PM
Wintry Palace

"Done and...done."
Says the imp, continuing to ignore how pens work and editing the document.
"Anything else or is this baby ready to sign?" he asks hopefully.

happyturtle
2014-02-09, 02:00 PM
Melody's Island

Melody's Island

Melody's Island

Derek is very careful as he examines Melody. "OK so we need a backboard. I should be able to help with most of this stuff, but not here." He figures he needs to grab a few things from his ship, and what he has in mind would best be done in a better place then a dark cave.

Happy lays hands on Melody and attempts to transfer some of the injuries to her own body. "If you follow the tunnel we used to get out, you don't have to climb through the rockfall. Melody, don't sleep, please."

OrchestraHc
2014-02-09, 02:40 PM
Wintry Palace:

"If everything we talked about is in there, we're all set," Romeo agrees.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-09, 03:08 PM
Wintry Palace

Tep nods and presents the page (and pen) again. "Yep, everything's there, unless you'd like to change the time." The changes have been made if Romeo reads through it again.

Slii Arhem
2014-02-09, 03:38 PM
"Mm... I'll keep that in mind for if it looks like I'll be here for a while. For now, I really just want some sleep. And maybe some food,now that I think about it." She examines the drink. "Or maybe alcohol gives me the munchies. I'm not super clear on that."

Western Ghost Tavern

"Guess it's good that I didn't give you anything harder. That cider's only barely alcoholic, less than anything else in here. Wouldn't want you eating us out of home and having to pay it off with a salvage run." Risa polishes a glass idly, but then coughs, "I can fix you with a plate of something if you let me wake the cook. He's napping right now, you get sleep when you're tired when there's no sun to time it by."

Lost_Deep
2014-02-09, 04:02 PM
Western Ghost Tavern

"Makes sense," Denise says with a nod, "I might appreciate it. Hey, from the way you say it, are salvage runs dangerous? Or just labor-intensive?"

OrchestraHc
2014-02-09, 04:18 PM
Wintry Palace:

He does. Satisfied with the changes made, he takes a deep breath, leans in and signs Romeo Firé in a simplistic peasant script.

Lex-Kat
2014-02-09, 04:31 PM
Melody's Island

Happy lays hands on Melody and attempts to transfer some of the injuries to her own body. "If you follow the tunnel we used to get out, you don't have to climb through the rockfall. Melody, don't sleep, please."
Jezebelle nods her head at the instructions, and stands. Come, Lyanna. We'll go get a backboard from the barn.

Lyanna frowns at the order to leave Melody, but she stands anyway. We'll be back real quick, Miss Happy, Mister Derek. Then follows Jezebelle as they head back the way Happy and Magtok came.

Happy can feel the bruising to her lower back and legs as she takes those injuries away from her adopted daughter. Even a little of the head trauma can be transferred, if she wishes. But the broken and cracked bones remain.

Melody gasps slightly at the sudden release from some of the pain. You shouldn't do that, Momma. I'm tougher than I look. she smiles comfortingly up at Happy. Thank you.

Deathkeeper
2014-02-09, 09:15 PM
Wintry Palace

Tep grins wide and flips the book over so he can sign it in an extremely over the top manner appropriate for any anime. He leans back and sighs, then rips the page out of the book.
"Hoo, boy. Don't think gratitude is a thing for me, but for what it's worth, thanks, Romeo. You want me to call you anything specific, say the word; I'm yours. Here's your copy. And don't copy my Name down for anything, got it? That can be really, really bad."
He says, holding out the page. Tep's signature is in Infernal. Romeo can read it, but it blurs for anyone else.
"Would you like to get cracking then? Here you are."
Tep opens his book to show Romeo the details of the ritual, which are rather complex but not impossible.