PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Pestilence build Pathfinder.

BobaDefett
2014-02-02, 01:01 AM
I am trying to build a Caster around the idea of Pestilence. There seems to be a lot of decent spells for this idea, especially if you add your own flavor text to spells. i.e. Acid Orb changed to Orb of disease. Touch of Idiocy changed to Fever.

I have looked through both the Sorcerer, and the Witch class, and I am torn.
I would also like to be more of a DoT (damage over time) damage dealer than a straight roll once for damage then move on.

While the Sorcerer has access to the Pestilence bloodline, it is sort of lacking in my eyes. Of course I could just be missing things obvious to others.

The Witch Class makes for a great debuffer class, and gets Vomit Swarm (which blows Summon Swarm out of the water), but not a whole lot in damage based spells. Compared to the Sorcerer it seems the Witch is lacking damage overall.

The Oracal is just kind of a wash, with only the wasting curse adding flavor to the overall idea of the build.

The Wizard class can basically do everything the Sorcerer can, but without the flavor of the Pestilence bloodline. Truthfully I have not looked into the Wizard class at length.

Anyway I wanted to get other opinions of a possible Pestilence build.

The build:
Lvl 10
Multiclassing is ok
DoT and Aoe (area of effect) spells and AoeDoTs are wanted
Flavor is just as important as actual combat effectiveness.
No 3rd party stuff

Bigbeefie
2014-02-02, 01:13 AM
Cleric makes a good pestilence type. Poison, curses, blindness all fit well. Got a few domain choices.

Second option is a druid. The can do a few nasty things.

Lastly a alchemists with poison bombs could work out.