PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Domination

firebrandtoluc
2014-02-02, 01:43 AM
I am interested in learning more about spells, feats, items, class abilities, etc. that allow the user to forcibly coerce targets beyond the basic ye olde Charm and Dominate spells(and copious amounts of social skill.) I want to be able to control absolutely everything possible. Animals, plants, demons, devils, angels, undead, mindless or mindful, good saves or bad, SR or not, deities to dust mites. If it fails to agree, I want to know how to MAKE it agree and how to improve my chances of succeeding on the first try.

What are all the options available for being awesome at dominating the heck out of everything?

Know(Nothing)
2014-02-02, 01:48 AM
I can't cite specifics as I never looked too closely at them, but I believe there are Cleric domains, classes, and feats that give you Turn/Rebuke for things besides undead. That might be a good place to look first.

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-02, 02:18 AM
Mindrape is actually a step better than domination, because you can make the target want to do something, as opposed to forcing it to do something. It's also got versatility going for it.

Then again, maybe you don't want to mindrape stuff.

Many a time I have thought how much normal suggestion is under-utilized. If used creatively and subtly, it can be quite effective.

Next, a plug for Insidious Corruptor PrC. Though the original version is drow-only, a reasonable DM might allow anyone of questionable moral scruples to take it. It's in Drow of the Underdark, and has some pretty potent abilities at manipulating people. Plus, some nice flavor for a behind-the-scenes puppetmaster.

Mindbender and Thrallherd are other obvious mentions among PrCs. Mindspy is a slightly different creature, but might also prove useful if you want to understand your target so as to better manipulate them.

Finally, a mention of the ultimate compulsion/non-compulsion, the calling effect of the gate spell. No save, no SR, target shows up and must follow your commands, provided they fit within some incredibly vague guidelines. Phrased such that it can really work on any target, and allows you to command a creature to lower SR, drop equipment, fail saves, etc.

rmnimoc
2014-02-02, 02:31 AM
Diplomancy. First diplomance a few high level t1 classes (wizard, druid, cleric).
Run into someone? Diplomancy. Run into someone who doesn't speak the same language as you? Your cult has a spell for that (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/tongues.htm). Doesn't speak a language at all? Got a spell for that too (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telepathicBond.htm). Has an int less than three? Spell for that (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/foxsCunning.htm). No int at all? Awaken. Diplomancy, because with a DC 60 check even Pandorym the god eater wants to be your bff.

Then again that falls under "copious amounts of social skill", so I'd suggest Thrallherd. Then again psionic dominate, no matter how much better than normal, is still dominate. The only real option is to wait until a lvl 20 wizard goes to sleep and mindrape him into being your friend, then use awaken & mindrape to take over everything. Of course that requires getting anywhere near a sleeping lvl 20 wizard, so that is probably out too.

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-02, 02:48 AM
The only real option is to wait until a lvl 20 wizard goes to sleep and mindrape him into being your friend, then use awaken & mindrape to take over everything. Of course that requires getting anywhere near a sleeping lvl 20 wizard, so that is probably out too.

Except that you could always gate the level 20 wizard and order him to fail his save v mindrape. Ways to prevent being gated are few (but not non-existent). The RAW of gate is hugely exploitable, and really must be fixed/reinterpreted by any DM running a high-level campaign with magic (which is almost every high-level campaign).

Eldest
2014-02-02, 02:50 AM
Charm Person + Hypnosis. Something Tippy came up with, I take no credit.

Falcon X
2014-02-02, 02:51 AM
Torture!!! We're talking about Torture Right!

Creating deformities, killing the one they love the most, reprogramming their mind, just causing growing pain unimaginable.

BoVD has a ton of great Vile spells for this. Or Dragon Magazine 300 :)

Mithril Leaf
2014-02-02, 03:51 AM
Take Mother Cyst for the best domination spell possible, Necrotic Tumor. It does require you land another spell (Necrotic Cyst) first, but that's not really a terrible issue. Not easy to immunize against (unlike mind rape, which is enchantment), plus it lasts forever.