PDA

View Full Version : Question about magic item crafting - 3.5/Pathfinder

RLFHOG3
2014-02-02, 02:27 AM
So I've got what could be considered "basics" of item crafting down. So no need to tell me how to craft magic items.

The question I do have concerns advanced techniques of crafting: items with multiple abilities on them.
The following will use the example provided in the core rules, the ring of protection +2 enhanced with the ring of invisibility powers.

So lets say I now have this ring of protection +2 conferred with the ability to grant invisibility as a ring of invisibility does. How much will it cost to upgrade the protection bonus from +2 to +3 and beyond? Is the increase in protection bonus considered an "additional ability" because its added after the invisibility is added or because the protection was there first, do any upgrades to it benefit from costing the normal amount as if the ability to become invisible was never there in the first place?

Khedrac
2014-02-02, 03:23 AM
This is the General Roleplaying forum - system specific questions need to go in the appropriate sub-forum.
My first guess was that you were talking D&D 3.5, but then I realised I don't recognise the "CRB" - so I don;t even know which game you are asking for help with!

Seriously good luck, but you need to PM a moderator (list of relevant mods at bottom of forum) and ask for this threat to be moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

RLFHOG3
2014-02-02, 03:25 AM
woops, n00b mistake right there. Thanks for that though.