PDA

View Full Version : Climbing Mount

kirerellim
2014-02-02, 03:09 AM
I know there is a mount handbook, but I noticed a conspicuous lack of.... well actual mounts. I'm looking for a mount that is not a spider, but has a similar climb ability. Preferably a large creature though I could technically deal with a medium. While the spider is impressive enough... its stats are not. I think the thing can barely carry me unless I get it a belt of giants strength, which I'd really rather not do. However, I want to be able to get up walls doubletime, so... any suggestions?

Tommy2255
2014-02-02, 03:47 AM
Giant Lizards from Drow of the Underdark have a climb speed, and as a bonus are often used in the same places giant spiders are, so if you have a story justification for one, then it should apply to the other.

kirerellim
2014-02-02, 03:58 AM
Climb.... jump bonus.... superspeed boost.... blindsense.... ok whats wrong with it lol.

Chadamantium
2014-02-02, 07:19 AM
Well I know if you do a small race you could use a climb dog from arms and equipment guide.

Darrin
2014-02-02, 08:54 AM
Try the Footpad Lizard in Drow of the Underdark. Large, 5HD, Climb 30', reach, improved grab. A little slow, but the Warbeast template improves that a bit, as well as gets you another bonus feat (6HD).

nedz
2014-02-02, 11:18 AM
Balancing Lorecall is an option.
If you have share spells, and your mount has 5 ranks of balance, then it can ride up walls. 10 ranks of Balance and it can walk on water too.

kirerellim
2014-02-02, 07:54 PM
Those lizards are beautiful thank you for the reference!