PDA

View Full Version : Witch Slayer's Momentary Disjunction vs a Vampire

Crake
2014-02-02, 09:21 AM
Would a witch slayer's momentary disjunction prevent a vampire from entering gaseous form when reduced to 0 hp, thus destroying it?

Psyren
2014-02-02, 09:52 AM
Would a witch slayer's momentary disjunction prevent a vampire from entering gaseous form when reduced to 0 hp, thus destroying it?

No - the "Gaseous Form upon death" ability is part of their Fast Healing entry and is thus Ex. He can prevent one from doing so manually, but not the automatic version.

Note that the same thing will happen if you attempt to slay one within an AMF.

Crake
2014-02-02, 10:39 AM
No - the "Gaseous Form upon death" ability is part of their Fast Healing entry and is thus Ex. He can prevent one from doing so manually, but not the automatic version.

Note that the same thing will happen if you attempt to slay one within an AMF.

Ah fair enough, I thought it was under the gaseous form entry, in that case then it's a pretty simple answer

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-02, 12:01 PM
Not quite on-topic, but I homebrewed a pretty obvious adjustment to a binding circle version of protection v evil that was designed to trap a gaseous vampire. Definitely something anyone magical could research, but sadly non-RAW.

Crake
2014-02-02, 03:28 PM
Not quite on-topic, but I homebrewed a pretty obvious adjustment to a binding circle version of protection v evil that was designed to trap a gaseous vampire. Definitely something anyone magical could research, but sadly non-RAW.

An interesting idea.... How does it work though? The inward facing magic circle requires a creature be called into it, merely getting them to walk into/over it doesn't suffice?

Also, I wonder, would a church inquisitor's ability to undo a shapechange work on a vampire in gaseous form? And if so, what happens?