PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Necromancer dies & is raised: what happens to controlled undead?

papr_weezl8472
2014-02-02, 12:28 PM
In a game I'm running, the party just suffered a 50% wipe via Will-o'-Wisps (+25 stealth and natural invisibility, they came upon the party at night and coup-de-graced the half that was asleep).

Well, one of the party members killed was a necromancer. I figure that upon the necromancer's death, all her minions become uncontrolled and go about their standard skeletal-and-zombie rampaging business.

The remaining party members will probably manage to raise her from the dead soon, but I'm wondering what happens to the undead at that point. Do they remain at large? Does the control re-establish itself? Is it some other outcome that hasn't occurred to me? Help, playground!

Slipperychicken
2014-02-02, 01:48 PM
What class was the necromancer, and what were the means of control?

Madara
2014-02-02, 01:58 PM
Anything controlled by means of animate dead should be returned to their control, but rebuke/commanding requires active control, so they'll have to recapture them(This being based off of having paid for one group's animation, but not the other's)

peacenlove
2014-02-02, 02:16 PM
Duration: Instantaneous
The undead you create remain under your control indefinitely.

The undead return to the necromancer's control, as well as completing any requests he made to them before he died.

Raven777
2014-02-02, 02:24 PM
He paid material components for them. They're like items, governed by WBL. They stay under his control once he gets back.

papr_weezl8472
2014-02-02, 02:37 PM
Alright, sounds reasonable.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-02-02, 03:06 PM
The animated dead never left his control but being dead there was no way to command them. Until he's revived they should continue carrying out there last orders which could be problematic if its something like "protect me" they'd try to follow his corpse as the PC's take him to be raised.