PDA

View Full Version : Video Review of The Order of the Stick!

Comic Strip Cri
2014-02-02, 01:53 PM
I run a web series called the Punchline, and The Order of the Stick was the subject of my most recent episode! Check it out, check out the rest of the series if you like this episode, and does somebody know of a way to send this to The Giant himself? I'd like to think he'd enjoy it.

http://blip.tv/comicstripcritic/the-order-of-the-stick-6722126

Sunken Valley
2014-02-02, 02:52 PM
I'll watch it later but it's best to PM him or post on the "OOTS and the Media" thread.

Lombard
2014-02-02, 03:29 PM
Really enjoyed watching that! :thog:

BaronOfHell
2014-02-02, 06:22 PM
You're nice to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Gift Jeraff
2014-02-02, 11:45 PM
I watched.

FujinAkari
2014-02-03, 02:57 AM
Reasonably well done, though I do have to wonder why the Hinjo's junk strip was chosen to highlight Rich's writing

Hogwarts9876
2014-02-03, 04:46 AM
Reasonably well done, though I do have to wonder why the Hinjo's junk strip was chosen to highlight Rich's writing

I think it was less his writing in general and more his puns in particular.

Obviously, I watched, and I liked it a lot. But I have to wonder why the word 'ass' was edited out of strip 293?

Comic Strip Cri
2014-02-03, 04:00 PM
I think it was less his writing in general and more his puns in particular.

Obviously, I watched, and I liked it a lot. But I have to wonder why the word 'ass' was edited out of strip 293?

That's just a personal thing of mine. I do my best to keep my show to a level that everyone can watch it, including grandmas and small children. This means editing out curse words and the like.

And I chose that particular comic because it's an example of Rich Burlew's skill as a writer where I could voice an entire strip that's simple enough for everyone to understand, even if they aren't familiar with the comic already. Most of the really good writing examples take multiple strips to come to fruition, or require existing knowledge of the cast and characters. Those are the really satisfying ones, but I'm trying to keep the video down to a reasonable viewing time.

Also, it's one that had my family crying while laughing, so that kind of sealed the deal on Hinjo's junk.

Shale
2014-02-03, 04:27 PM
Hinjo's junk: Reducing men and women alike to tears since 2007.

Grey Watcher
2014-02-04, 10:37 AM

That's just a personal thing of mine. I do my best to keep my show to a level that everyone can watch it, including grandmas and small children. This means editing out curse words and the like.

And I chose that particular comic because it's an example of Rich Burlew's skill as a writer where I could voice an entire strip that's simple enough for everyone to understand, even if they aren't familiar with the comic already. Most of the really good writing examples take multiple strips to come to fruition, or require existing knowledge of the cast and characters. Those are the really satisfying ones, but I'm trying to keep the video down to a reasonable viewing time.

Also, it's one that had my family crying while laughing, so that kind of sealed the deal on Hinjo's junk.

Fun fact: my mother got into OOTS when she heard me all but falling on the floor laughing over "nale nail not-nale" and wanted to see what the fuss was over. (I'd shown her a few strips and panels before, but for whatever reason that gag was what made her decide that this was interesting enough to start reading through.)

Turin_19
2014-02-05, 07:14 AM
Thank you for helping me understand how to pronounce 'Xykon'!

Very good!

Comic Strip Cri
2014-02-10, 06:50 PM
Thank you for helping me understand how to pronounce 'Xykon'!

Very good!

Pronouncing the names right was one of my big fears. Turns out I'd been pronouncing "Elan" incorrectly the entire time I'd been reading OotS! I was so glad to see Rich had posted a pronunciation guide on the forums.