PDA

View Full Version : Reach question 3.5 and Warshaper help

kpumphre
2014-02-02, 03:37 PM
So I'm building a 3 level rouge, 2 level fighter, 4 level warshaper who uses a huge great axe 4d6(+2D6 sneak attack) and I wanted to know about how many square I will threaten with a +10 to reach +5 warshaper and Extended Reach +5 more
6 feats
Feats so far I'm thinking
1. Gigantic Weapon So either I'm rolling -2 for huge. I do not believe this stacks with great arm braces (+4k lets you wield a large weapon) However if I'm wrong please tell me.
2. Craven
3. Power attack
4. Extended reach
5. Combat reflexes

Beyond this I"m open Starting gold is normal for 9th level which I believe is 56k.
Race changeling
Stats can be change
Str 18 +4 warshaper +2 level4and8= 24 (before items)
DEX 18
Con 16 +4 warshaper =20
Int 14
Wis 14
Cha 11

Oh and I do have penetrating strike instead of trap sense. I will not do Barbarian because one is in the party and I don't want to do the same as him. My choice.

Rogue is we just switched dm's and he is a big trap guy This way we have someone in the party to handle traps.

So far I'm thinking of him as staying in the second or third row that or going to the other side (tumble has 12 ranks). But if you have a better class to replace one please suggest it.

Any book for 3.5 is allowed (please source if not something easy to find) However no dragon magazine.

bekeleven
2014-02-02, 03:39 PM
Larger weapons don't increase reach. No, it doesn't make sense.

kpumphre
2014-02-02, 03:45 PM
My reach is from my class and the feat. So I have +10 reach instead of the normal +5 reach for a normal creature with reach.

OldTrees1
2014-02-02, 03:47 PM
Your reach is:
5ft(medium sized character) +5ft (warshaper) +5ft (extended reach) = 15ft

If you were wielding a reach weapon (greataxes are not reach weapons) your reach would double. (reach weapons do not add reach, they double your existing reach)
15ft x2 = 30ft

kpumphre
2014-02-02, 03:48 PM
Your reach is:
5ft(medium sized character) +5ft (warshaper) +5ft (extended reach) = 15ft

If you were wielding a reach weapon your reach would double
15ft x2 = 30ft

Ok, do you have a picture of squares it would be easier for me to see it also what squares do I threaten

OldTrees1
2014-02-02, 03:58 PM
Ok, do you have a picture of squares it would be easier for me to see it also what squares do I threaten

With your Greataxe

OOOOOOOOO
OOOXXXOOO
OOXXXXXOO
OXXXXXXXO
OXXXXXXXO
OXXXXXXXO
OOXXXXXOO
OOOXXXOOO
OOOOOOOOO

With a reach weapon

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOXXXOOOOOO
OOOOXXXXXXXOOOO
OOOXXXXXXXXXOOO
OOXXXXOOOXXXXOO
OOXXXOOOOOXXXOO
OXXXOOOOOOOXXXO
OXXXOOOOOOOXXXO
OXXXOOOOOOOXXXO
OOXXXOOOOOXXXOO
OOXXXXOOOXXXXOO
OOOXXXXXXXXXOOO
OOOOXXXXXXXOOOO
OOOOOOXXXOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

kpumphre
2014-02-02, 04:01 PM
Why not the squares directly in front?

Thanks for the picture though it helps

OldTrees1
2014-02-02, 05:02 PM
Why not the squares directly in front?

Thanks for the picture though it helps

Reach weapons threaten the area within double your reach but outside of your reach. So 20ft - 30ft. (Think of a polearm, the weapon head is on a long stick and can't be used in close quarters effectively)

EugeneVoid
2014-02-02, 06:35 PM
But if you're a warshaper you can always slap them with your colossal++ tentacles.