PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Fiendform Spell - Rules Issue & Tips?

Miss Disaster
2014-02-02, 03:40 PM
Hello All!

My wizard just scribed the Fiendform spell (3.5 Spell Compendium version) in her spellbook. So I have 2 questions for you about this new (to me, at least) spell.

1. Since this spell is based off of Alter Self, it will not affect my 3 physical stats (like Polymorph would)?

2. Do any of you have any good "humanoid" forms that you would recommend to assume with this spell? Specifically with arms and legs to accomodate using the appropriate magic items and weapons ...

Thanks!

Miss Disaster
2014-02-02, 09:12 PM
I think I can answer my own #1 ...

Looks like Fiendform does not give you the physical stats of the creature you are transmuted into. Even though it seems like you *should* get them.

=============

As for #2 ... I'm still open to suggestions beyond the obvious Fiend Folio Imps (Euphoric, Bloodbag and Filth).

Ionbound
2014-02-02, 09:16 PM
Well, the there are certainly the classics. But this spell opens up a significant amount of cheese, because it changes your types to outsider, which then allows you to polymorph into something considerably more useful than something that can be summoned by Summon Monster I, II, III, or IV

Miss Disaster
2014-02-02, 09:34 PM
Correct. It's a bridge spell to allow non-Outsiders to be Polymorphed into such wonderful things like a Kelvezu. That's a hefty 2-spell combo, keep in mind.

But I'm more interested in actual in actual effective humanoid-shaped forms for Fiendform on its own ... than in spell combos.

Jurai
2014-02-02, 09:39 PM
Succubi, Erinyes are the two most easily passed as humanoid. Most fiends take a humanoid frame (two legs, two arms, head.)

Miss Disaster
2014-02-03, 12:33 PM
Succubi, Erinyes are the two most easily passed as humanoid. Most fiends take a humanoid frame (two legs, two arms, head.)

You cannot assume Succubus and Erinyes form with the Fiendform spell.

Keep in mind, Fiendform is one of those weird spells that WotC re-printed and tweaked about 5 or 6 times. The most recent and most validly accurate version was printed in the 3.5 Spell Compendium. The earliest versions (which were printed in Forgotten Realms sourcebooks) were WAAAAY more powerful.

That may be where you think Succubi/Erinyes were doable ...