PDA

View Full Version : Those last two levels?! (Duskblade help)

LanSlyde
2014-02-02, 04:15 PM
Hey all, Currently building a Duskblade13/Abjurant Champion5. Human base, dex based, uses a spiked chain, plays as the 'commander' of the group. Always trying to go first, dimension hopping himself and his allies into optimal positions for them to do their jobs, poking bad guys with his magic chain and occasional peppering mobs from a distance with ranged spells.

Other members will include a Dwarven Warblade/Deepstone Sentinel, Dragonborn Aasimar Healer (using the Healers expanded list), Wisper Gnome Shadowcaster/Master of Shadows (Using Ari Marmells fix and the Decent of Shadows stuff), and a Thri-Kreen Soulknife/Illumine Soul/ Soulbow with the multi-weapon fighting tree (basically he wanted to use all of the dakka).

So as it stands we have our Melee hitter/Tank; Our medic; Our sneak; and our ranged hitter/melee support.

My question is in your own opinion, what would you dip if anything to wrap up this build?

Kaje
2014-02-02, 04:36 PM
I suggest a couple levels of Warblade (Don't worry. You'll play totally differently than the dwarf.) Or maybe a level of Spellsword followed by shrug.

Techwarrior
2014-02-02, 05:23 PM
Having gone that far with full base attack and casting, you can afford a small dip in either. That said, I'd recommend two levels of Fatespinner. You get two points to boost your DCs with and an immediate action "no, do that over" button.

gorfnab
2014-02-02, 05:53 PM
2 levels of Barbarian for Pounce (Spirit Totem: Lion ACF, CC) and Trip (Wolf Totem, UA)

2 levels of Crusader for Thicket of Blades.

A level of Beguiler with the feat Versatile Spellcaster and a level of Sand Shaper will give access to a ton of spells.

Fax Celestis
2014-02-02, 06:27 PM
Too bad you aren't warforged, otherwise I'd recommend Spellcarved Soldier.

Bacchus
2014-02-02, 09:18 PM
Are there any abjuration spells that are good in the duskblade spell list that synergizes well with the abjurant champion?

nedz
2014-02-02, 10:01 PM
Are there any abjuration spells that are good in the duskblade spell list that synergizes well with the abjuring champion?

I was wondering about the Duskblade/Abjurant Champion synergy too ? These two classes are quite tricky to pull together.

As to the OP's question:
Cleric dips are popular, especially for a couple of domain granted powers or a Devotion feat (Knowledge, Law, Chaos, etc.)
Marshal or Bard dips might also fit with your leader concept ?
There are a number of further options, it depends what you are looking for and when you intend to dip.

(Un)Inspired
2014-02-03, 02:20 AM
How about 1 level of factotum and chaos shuffle to get a bunch of FoIs and a level of monk with Kung fu genius?

bekeleven
2014-02-03, 03:04 AM
a level of monk with Kung fu genius?

Or just take the feat and wear a monk's belt. Works by RAW.

LanSlyde
2014-02-03, 09:38 AM
Are there any abjuration spells that are good in the duskblade spell list that synergizes well with the abjurant champion?

By RAW? Only deflect and lesser deflect. But the GM decided to open up Sactified Spells to spontaneous casters. So yay for Luminous Armor and its Greater cousin.

As for the rest of you, what are your opinions on dropping the 5 levels of Abjurant Champion and instead using those last 7 levels for Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil?

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-03, 09:58 AM
Argent Savant doesn't seem like a bad option. It makes defect and lesser deflect actually worth casting (adds 2 to the AC boost, makes it last 2 rounds)

I would look into getting a rune staff with the shield spell on it. UMDing that can net you the shield spell once per day, and that is powerful.

Actually, a staff with the shield spell seems like a cool idea. It is a power attack able weapon that you can power with some nice spells for combat.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-03, 10:03 AM
Can you re-order the levels? If so, Duskblade 13/Nar Demonbinder 2/Abjurant Champion 5 is pretty boss (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286800).

Kaje
2014-02-03, 10:04 AM
As for the rest of you, what are your opinions on dropping the 5 levels of Abjurant Champion and instead using those last 7 levels for Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil?

Sounds damn sexy to me.

roguemetal
2014-02-03, 10:14 AM

I attempted this not long ago with great success.
I highly recommend it.

LanSlyde
2014-02-04, 09:23 AM
So after some thought, probably going to go with Duskblade13/IotSV7.

The Wardings really tie in with the idea I have in my head and the bonuses to abjurations and dispelling are also nice.

Thanks all.

Bacchus
2014-02-04, 10:44 AM
So after some thought, probably going to go with Duskblade13/IotSV7.

The Wardings really tie in with the idea I have in my head and the bonuses to abjurations and dispelling are also nice.

Thanks all.

How are you qualifying for IoSV7?

Disregard I reread the class. First read through I thought it was 5 different abjurations of 4th level or higher