PDA

View Full Version : [RWBY] Sanctum: RWBY in the Playground OOC 4 - We Do Like Tuna A Lot

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Hawkflight
2014-02-03, 03:42 AM
Previously, on Sanctum Academy....

Our heroes learned that some sort of major threat involving organized and/or intelligent grimm has been lurking in the shadows, killing off skilled hunters and huntresses. Sanctum Academy saw this, and attempted to institute an accelerated training program that as of now includes Team Relic, Team Kaiser, and Team Feather. As part of this program, the school hired Aurum, the teenage owner of Frontier Industries, and his robotic mecha-grimm to provide the students with a greater challenge while supposedly remaining relatively safe. These mecha-grimm were used in the school's initiation trial, during which Aurum used the opportunity to capture Caelynn the faunus, of Team Relic, and extract her blood, using it to begin developing a faunus-killing plague. However, in an astounding case of Lima Syndrome, Aurum began to fall for her, and attempted to make her his girlfriend. Due to the incident, the trial was cancelled, and a second one was held a couple of days later.

In addition, all members of Team Maverick, save for Hameth, have disappeared under various circumstances, leaving Hameth to be transferred to Team Feather. Also transferring to Team Feather is Falcon, who previously fell into a brief coma due to an exceedingly rare blood condition. The upperclassman team, Team Sleipnir, has returned from an extended mission off-campus. And tonight, after all current events have concluded, a massive beach party is planned, and all students are invited to attend. However, a mysterious and possibly deadly wolf faunus has made his home on the beach, the very beach on which the beach party is being planned....

What is Sanctum Academy anyway?

Sanctum Academy is part of the setting for the Rooster Teeth webisode series called RWBY. It's a short series so far, but a very fun one that's caught the attention of a not small part of the forums who have shown a marked interest in playing around in the world that Monty Oum has created.

Many years ago, in a world known as Vytal, mankind lived in peace. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. That is, until the arrival of the Grimm, malevolent creatures who emerged from the darkness to attack humanity. To fight back, mankind harnessed a magical energy source known as 'Dust' and used its power to not only drive back the Grimm, but also to catalyze the growth of civilization across the planet. In the present day, 'Hunters' are trained in special schools to harness the dust and become protectors of the peace. Both from the criminals and creatures of Grimm as well....

This game is based on the setting of RWBY, but doesn't take place at Beacon in order to give everyone involved more of a say in what's going on, since a lot isn't known about RWBY's setting yet. This way there's less potential conflict with canon. Sanctum is an academy like Signal in the Mistral Region where Hunters receive their initial training before moving on to a more advanced school like Beacon. It's fairly close to city of Meadow, an industrial powerhouse that develops much of the machinery that the four cities of Vytal uses with a sizable Faunas workforce. Also in Meadow is Pharos Academy, a prep-school equivalent to Signal in RWBY.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, Nexus?

It differs in several important ways.

First, it is a lot more uniform than the usual 'anything goes' freeform. You have hunters (huntresses), teachers at Sanctum, criminals, and the creatures called Grimm, but not like ... cyborgs or lich-ghosts ... unless the show contradicts this of course! Also, there's the Frontier Corporation, a corrupt company that manufactures weapons and robots. Its head, a prodigy teenager named Aurum, lives at the school and his company is a sponsor of the school.

Second, the plot of Sanctum is going to be more directed. Players come up with their own plots, get people to participate in them, and have a blast! Just make sure everyone is on board with what you are doing, to keep trouble from coming up down the line. MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING. We had trouble with this in the last thread, please don't repeat it here. If something over-arching develops, that's great! If not, also fine! Also, please try to keep to the tone of the original RWBY. We don't want this getting grimdark.

Third, Sanctum is self-contained. It does not connect to other settings so come up with something nice for Sanctum rather then just...porting over something you've done before.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.

To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.

With that in mind, make sure your character is alright then post away!

What abilities are there?

Well, from what has been seen in Rwby, there's four real abilities to keep in mind. The first is what weapon your character has (if any) that they specialize in, since people only seem to have one weapon. The second is how strong their Aura is and what they can do with it. Third (or possibly second and a half) is their semblance, which is a sort of special ability they have, like super-speed, super-strength, an elemental aura, or afterimage teleportation. Finally, do they use Dust and, if so, what sort do they use? Dust can be sorta nebulous since not much is known about it, aside from that the actual dust form of Dust is more powerful then the crystal form and the different colors can have very different effects. So don't go too crazy on what sort of Dust you carry around. Further information can be found on the official RWBY Wiki (http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/RWBY_Wiki), and character creation advice can be found on the RWBY Fanon Wiki (http://rwbyfanon.wikia.com/wiki/RWBY_Fanon_Wiki).

There are rules, right?

Sort of.

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)

Second, please remember that we plan to have a directed plot. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first because some people put a lot of work/effort into their plots and can get touchy when things just happen to screw them up, especially when nobody even talked to them about it. So, you know...just be courteous!

Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.

Fourth, if you're inactive for two weeks without prior warning, your spot will be given to someone else. This is so things don't grind to a halt while we're waiting on someone, and so people who are actually active can have a chance to play. If you return after two weeks with a good reason for your absence (being sick, moving, internet got cut, etc.), your position can be reinstated by appeal.

Finally, have fun! This is mandatory. Have fun, or you will be kicked from the RP. (j/k :smallwink:)

Things to consider but not really rules!
Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.

TALK major fights over with your opponent!
In my experience, this is the biggest problem for FFRPs that involve combat since most people don't want to look weak or helpless. People will get into fights and then arguments start about who's going to win or what happen. Arguments that can be easily avoided by talking it out and coming to an agreeable conclusion.

Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC. This is different from helpful debate or giving advice.
These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Important Links

Character Rosters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16390578#post16390578)
The RWBY series in all it's glory! (http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=6052&v=more)
IC Thread #1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303595)
IC Thread #2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306013)
IC Thread #3 (Current) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327217)
First OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303570)
Second OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305479)
Third OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312678)
Fourth OOC Thread - You're Here!

Helpful Character Template-thingy:

Name:
Fairy Tale Motif: (If you have one in mind!)

Appearance:

Biography:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Weapon:

Dust/Aura/Semblance:
Original post written by Callos_DeTerran, modified and updated by Hawkflight.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 08:48 AM
Apologies for my absence; the weekends are never easy for me, as I'm always wrapped up in some project or other. I'll have a reply written today for sure.

Landis963
2014-02-03, 10:14 AM
Do you want to add something about the color thing to the OP?

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 10:31 AM
Given how far we've gone already without adhering to the rule in most cases, I think we should just roll with it. After all, it probably won't be long before we start running out of ideas for colors.

Also, congratulations to Hawk on Kitty's acceptance as an official fanon character! (Still can't get over the awkwardness of the phrase "official fanon"...)

Lord_Gareth
2014-02-03, 10:56 AM
I'd almost be tempted to see if Clara would be accepted, but I hate dealing with freakin' wiki coding.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-03, 11:00 AM
well I posted up Kedra on there as "Viridia" Kaltican...and I have no idea if she will be accepted or not. I mostly just did it so that there would be place for her within the fanon.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 11:13 AM
I created a profile for Rip, but I had to change several details, including changing his first name and completely removing his current Semblance, to meet acceptance guidelines. Honestly, though, I'm kind of glad that I did, because it gave me a great idea about a way to develop his character here down the road...something that, if/when discovered, will really shake up the others' perception of him. (But, for the sake of not having it exposed too soon, can we please just assume that Rip covered his tracks really well so that Aurum doesn't know about it?)

Also, I'll take a look at the profile and throw some comments/critique/suggestions your way later. If you don't mind, would you be willing to do the same for mine? Look for Cameron "Camo" Vance; he'll be listed under Pending Characters.

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-03, 11:29 AM
@ImpSyndrome: I just realized that on page 7 of the IC thread you made an assumed correction to something Jack said:

'Ya know what they call a doctor that graduated at the bottom of his class? Doctor. Ya know what they call a Hunter that gruaduated at the bottom of his class? For pizza.'

Which you changed to:

'Ya know what they call a doctor that graduated at the bottom of his class? Doctor. Ya know what they call a Hunter that gruaduated at the bottom of his class? Floor pizza.'

I wanted to let you know that there was no mistake made, that's actually how the joke goes. And now for something I never do, explaining the joke:

The joke is that a doctor is still a doctor even if they graduate at the bottom of their class (at least in the united states). But other professions require you to get certifications and licenses that someone with grades that poor wouldn't be able to meet with grades like that.

So the joke is that while you might still be called (be working as) a doctor if you're bad at being a doctor, if you're bad at being a hunter people don't call you a hunter, they call you "For (to order) Pizza."

It's a Pune, or play on words.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 11:36 AM
Ohhh, I get it now.

...I still like mine better, though.

GrandDM
2014-02-03, 11:42 AM
Since nobody has noticed:

This is the 4th OOC thread, not the third!

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-03, 11:44 AM

I noticed it, I just thought it was funny :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2014-02-03, 01:39 PM

Deeeerp, fixed.

Also, if anyome wants to critique my character, feel free. It is the version I'm using here. So now we know her semblance. :smalltongue:

Calemyr
2014-02-03, 01:46 PM
Would it make sense for Kaden's semblance to be "momentum"?

Hawkflight
2014-02-03, 01:54 PM
Would it make sense for Kaden's semblance to be "momentum"?

Elaborate?

Calemyr
2014-02-03, 02:05 PM
Elaborate?

Well, pretty much everything she does is about building up momentum. Her weapons grow stronger the more she moves, her aura grows stronger the longer she fights, she goes faster the longer she runs... basically, the more of a run-up she gets on anything, the more irresistable of a force she becomes.

Jadev
2014-02-03, 02:05 PM
For anyone who's wondering what's going on with Shen's semblance, she's growing closer to her teammates and as such her empathy's range and accuracy is increasing. While I'm making a point with Merah, it applies to Nadia too, it's just this is the first time they've been separated with strong emotions thrown into the mix, and Merah happened to be the one it happened with. The only reason this didn't happen with her brother earlier in life is because Shen wasn't as powerful then. This development will only really apply to Nadia and Merah (no offense Gareth but Shen hasn't gotten as close to Clara yet).

Also if I'm misinterpreting any emotions let me know. I don't want to screw up anyone's moment by having Shen react wrong.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-03, 02:10 PM
It certainly sounds fitting for Kaden. I think the problem arises in the fact that it could become too powerful if a battle carries on long enough; not only would it allow her to break pretty much any opponent as long as she survives long enough, but it could also cause incredible collateral damage to her allies and to her environment. Do you have a plan to mitigate these potential hazards?

Calemyr
2014-02-03, 02:21 PM
It certainly sounds fitting for Kaden. I think the problem arises in the fact that it could become too powerful if a battle carries on long enough; not only would it allow her to break pretty much any opponent as long as she survives long enough, but it could also cause incredible collateral damage to her allies and to her environment. Do you have a plan to mitigate these potential hazards?

Two obvious ones come to mind. First is that she's at her weakest right at the get-go. Alpha-strike style combatants have a distinct advantage over her. She also has very limited ranged and flight options, and (as shown vs the anansi) suffers when she isn't able to get started, such as when her movement is restricted or she is unable to pull the opponent into physical combat. Finally, while she has a very high capacity, it isn't limitless - Alexandra was able to keep up with her during the run, and she was never able to outfight Barlowe during their duel in the glade.

Also, Mad Hatter, did you miss my post as Barlowe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16914730#post16914730)? Should I just scrub it? I understand going with what volunteers we have for brevity's sake, but it still seems irresponsible not to raise the questions.

Hawkflight
2014-02-03, 11:15 PM
Hey, all you beautiful Relics. The sketch phase of our team banner is done, and ready for critique and any requested alterations before moving on to be inked and colored! Please let us know if you have any requests for changes to be made, and I'll let him know. ^_^

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee508/Kymme777/RWBYTeamSketchup_zps761f9fdd.png

Arkhosia
2014-02-03, 11:20 PM
http://crispyco.dk/.Trashes/tomska-i-love-it-horse-710.jpg
I love it!

AnimeKid
2014-02-04, 12:15 AM
I love it as well. Also, bad Cael! Eavesdropping is bad.

Arkhosia
2014-02-04, 12:18 AM
I love it as well. Also, bad Cael! Eavesdropping is bad.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eTHBGiOrBAg/TLvGc1cifII/AAAAAAAAAYY/AqgW31P8rRM/s1600/Sad_Cat_Is_Sad156.jpg

strawberryman
2014-02-04, 02:57 AM
@Hatter: Conall actually worked with all castes of people! Faunus just flocked because he was one, and he spoke for the little person.

Rest is accurate, though.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 03:08 AM
@Hatter: Conall actually worked with all castes of people! Faunus just flocked because he was one, and he spoke for the little person.

Rest is accurate, though.

Mogrym has his personal opinions as to the nature of the man.

In his eyes, the man is a radical terrorist supporting Faunus rights much in the same way that Magneto supported Mutant Rights.

By hurting innocents horribly and being a general ass about it. :smalltongue:

(Is a nerdy comparison I know.)

strawberryman
2014-02-04, 03:47 AM
Fair enough! :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2014-02-04, 05:22 AM
Hey, all you beautiful Relics. The sketch phase of our team banner is done, and ready for critique and any requested alterations before moving on to be inked and colored! Please let us know if you have any requests for changes to be made, and I'll let him know. ^_^

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee508/Kymme777/RWBYTeamSketchup_zps761f9fdd.png
(squees)

Well collateral damage is an advantage :P

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-04, 11:25 AM
Well collateral damage is an advantage :P
How do you mean? Not in-context, I hope...

Also, @Hawk: left you a comment on Kedra's profile on the Fanon wiki. Hope it helps you.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention: you don't need to wait on me to move along to the next class. I'll plot-clone Rip into joining the others after he leaves the dining hall. I highly anticipate the part where his teammates tell him about the beach trip; his reactions should provide some room for humor, especially if Merah eggs him on too.

Lix Lorn
2014-02-04, 11:53 AM
I mean narratively. xD

Hawkflight
2014-02-04, 11:57 AM
How do you mean? Not in-context, I hope...

Also, @Hawk: left you a comment on Kedra's profile on the Fanon wiki. Hope it helps you.

I think you mean '@Raz'. :smalltongue:

(Though I certainly wouldn't mind more reviews. Also, awww, you got rid of the bat'leth part of his bow. :smallfrown:)

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-04, 12:05 PM
I think you mean '@Raz'. :smalltongue:

(Though I certainly wouldn't mind more reviews. Also, awww, you got rid of the bat'leth part of his bow. :smallfrown:)
Buh?! Sorry about that. Remind me to re-read the profiles again. All of them.

Would you mind it if I reviewed Kitty's profile, even though she's already been accepted? I'll need to finish another critique I've got going right now, but if you have no objections, I'll make sure to write up a comment for Kitty after that.

Yeah, I couldn't hang onto it with the smaller design. I decided that the frame was too big and unwieldy, so I had to change the alt form's design as well. I'm still keeping it here, though.

Arkhosia
2014-02-04, 12:07 PM
Anyone want me to try and draw their character?
Warning: I'm not very good

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-04, 12:37 PM
Anyone want me to try and draw their character?
Warning: I'm not very good

However not good you are, I'm probably worse. I'd love it if you tried to draw Jack :smallbiggrin:

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-04, 12:52 PM
However not good you are, I'm probably worse. I'd love it if you tried to draw Jack :smallbiggrin:
Ditto to this.

Hey, would you mind if I maybe added it to Camo's profile on the Fanon wiki? I'd give you the proper credit and such, of course.

AnimeKid
2014-02-04, 02:24 PM
Do you guys think I should set up a profile of the wiki for Alexandra? Not really sure if she would be accepted. Plus I can't think of a color name for her.

Arkhosia
2014-02-04, 02:26 PM
Nope!
I'll get to work on Jack first

Do you guys think I should set up a profile of the wiki for Alexandra? Not really sure if she would be accepted. Plus I can't think of a color name for her.

Aurea?
Golden in Latin.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 02:38 PM
Nope!
I'll get to work on Jack first

Aurea?
Golden in Latin.

Aurum is the Latin word for the gold metal. Aurea and Aurum. Wat.

Arkhosia
2014-02-04, 02:44 PM
Aurum is the Latin word for the gold metal. Aurea and Aurum. Wat.

And they're enemies!
Kinda ironic when you think of it.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-04, 02:44 PM
I don't know, the surname Rosenkranz sounds close enough to a color to me.

Landis963
2014-02-04, 03:11 PM
Uh, DM, did the after-class conference w/ Hameth end or something? I don't think you responded to his question about how he defines "full capacity."

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 04:30 PM
Anyone want a character drawn? I'm quite bored at the moment, and Raziere hasn't replied. :smalltongue:

Preferably not female characters, since I'm still just working on being able to draw a female body without it derping up. :smallbiggrin:

Calemyr
2014-02-04, 05:01 PM
Anyone want a character drawn? I'm quite bored at the moment, and Raziere hasn't replied. :smalltongue:

Preferably not female characters, since I'm still just working on being able to draw a female body without it derping up. :smallbiggrin:

Barlowe or Rev?

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 05:03 PM
Barlowe or Rev?

I could do Rev, if you'd PM me his description! :D

Hawkflight
2014-02-04, 05:55 PM

You could totes to Lex. ^_^

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 05:59 PM
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/Rev.png

Alright, there's Rev!

I gave him some stubble. >.> It just looked better like that.

What does he look like?

Calemyr
2014-02-04, 06:05 PM
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/Rev.png

Alright, there's Rev!

I gave him some stubble. >.> It just looked better like that.

What does he look like?

That's pretty darn cool, to be honest. He doesn't wear a shirt under the vest (and I'm not sure that would look good in this style of art), but otherwise spot on.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 06:13 PM
That's pretty darn cool, to be honest. He doesn't wear a shirt under the vest (and I'm not sure that would look good in this style of art), but otherwise spot on.

I can try a shirtless one.

Aaaaand, I wasn't sure what color you wanted the ring, so I just made it gold! Mhm. Rev should have more action on screen. :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 06:23 PM
Alright, shirtless. I had to make him slightly paler and change his pants just so that the abs and such would be visible. Hope ya like!

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/Rev-1.png

Calemyr
2014-02-04, 06:34 PM
Even better. Hopefully I have the opportunity to make better use of him.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-04, 06:39 PM
Even better. Hopefully I have the opportunity to make better use of him.

Mhm. :) I quite like how he turned out.

Hawk, what does Lacuna look like?

Lord Raziere
2014-02-04, 10:26 PM

replied to what? oh right. that. to be honest, I'm not quite sure on how to work out the details of the virus thing. I thought it'd take more time than this and we'd be exploring more minor villains before it ever happened, and never really thought about how it would really work out.

that and I dunno, seems too apocalyptic right of the gate. but whatever. lets work on it. maybe we should hammer out the details BEFORE I post them?

Calemyr
2014-02-04, 10:35 PM
(Kaden might recall that Aurum had said something to Caelynn about a contact thing he left over. It's probably entirely possible for her to just ask Caelynn to borrow it.) :smalltongue:

Posting here so I don't clog up the IC thread.

Kaden doesn't know about the contact device. She isn't that concerned with other people, really. It's not that she's particularly self-centered or anything, she just doesn't want to get into other peoples' business if it isn't (at least tangentially) related to combat. Her response to the whole Caelynn-Aurum shipping thing would pretty much be *Shrug* I don't get what she sees in him. And that's about the end of her take on the situation.

Kaden's interest in Aurum is pretty natural, though. As I said from the get-go, Kaden honestly believes that her martial talents are the only thing that makes her worth a crap (sometimes I wish I allowed myself stronger expletives...). The feeling of being anything other than the worthless little idiot, the embarassment of her family, is like a drug, and it's driven her to push her abilities much further than normal for a trainee Huntress. Fighting is what she loves, fighting is where she lives. Aurum can (and did) provide her with great battles, and she really hopes he will.

Aurum's departure isn't a big deal for me and it won't mean much for Kaden. She will, however, probably be more wound up than usual when it comes time for her match with Jack, though...

Leliel
2014-02-04, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't keep up with this. Especially with both school and working on my fanfics.

Going to have to resign.

Calemyr
2014-02-04, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't keep up with this. Especially with both school and working on my fanfics.

Going to have to resign.

Then your character will step back into the shadows. He may make a cameo or two in the future, but he will likely be there for you should you wish to return.

Hawkflight
2014-02-04, 11:51 PM
Mhm. :) I quite like how he turned out.

Hawk, what does Lacuna look like?

He looks kinda like Lex Luthor, from The Animated Series. Only ... imagine he was a dwarf. Now imagine he's his original height again, but still stocky. He's got a big, red beard, is extremely well-muscled, and ... maybe a little bit of hair, but he is balding, if he's not already bald. His weapon is a nagamaki. Also sheathed in the same sheath is a matching dagger

As an aside, this is a new, experimental weapon he used, meant to deliver more dust power in a single stroke. The others at the school will not have seen it before.

Going to have to resign.

Sorry to see you go. :smallfrown:

Interestingly, this means that three quarters of Team Maverick is either MIA are resigned. Hameth, that means you're the only one left. What do?

Landis963
2014-02-05, 12:03 AM
Dang, I was afraid of this. :smallyuk: :smallsigh: Ask me in the morning, OK? And Leliel, can you at least stick around long enough to get a good death scene? Maybe heroically jumping in front of a Grimm's blow to save a teacher or something?

All he needs to do is pop his head in to Rokoran's room and ask to talk with me for a moment. That way we can keep the theme going of people abandoning the team.

Hameth, that's not fair, he's got stuff to do.

So do you, and yet here you are.

Calemyr
2014-02-05, 12:17 AM
Dang, I was afraid of this. :smallyuk: :smallsigh: Ask me in the morning, OK? And Leliel, can you at least stick around long enough to get a good death scene? Maybe heroically jumping in front of a Grimm's blow to save a teacher or something?

All he needs to do is pop his head in to Rokoran's room and ask to talk with me for a moment. That way we can keep the theme going of people abandoning the team.

Hameth, that's not fair, he's got stuff to do.

So do you, and yet here you are.

Death is unnecessary. Dropouts may well be a very common thing for this class. That's one of the reasons I defined it as being an "experimental curriculum", we can get away with oddities like that.

Hawkflight
2014-02-05, 12:39 AM
Cal's right. We've discussed this before, some of us aren't comfortable with characters actually dying.

Arkhosia
2014-02-05, 12:41 AM
I don't see why killing off should happen in this case, honestly.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-05, 12:44 AM
Death is unnecessary. Dropouts may well be a very common thing for this class. That's one of the reasons I defined it as being an "experimental curriculum", we can get away with oddities like that.

Yeah. Heck, just say Leliel's character decided to move over to the "regular" study program and take more time honing skills.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-05, 01:22 AM
replied to what? oh right. that. to be honest, I'm not quite sure on how to work out the details of the virus thing. I thought it'd take more time than this and we'd be exploring more minor villains before it ever happened, and never really thought about how it would really work out.

that and I dunno, seems too apocalyptic right of the gate. but whatever. lets work on it. maybe we should hammer out the details BEFORE I post them?

The thing won't be out for a long time. And it's absolutely okay for Ruhig to not understand quite what the plague will do just yet. Aurum just wants to know as much as he does so he can remain on top of things. I'd like the scene to be eventually ended. I've yet to introduce KnightDisciple as Vidistine Fortunam, Aurum's AI.

Those scenes will be fun.

Posting here so I don't clog up the IC thread.

Kaden doesn't know about the contact device. She isn't that concerned with other people, really. It's not that she's particularly self-centered or anything, she just doesn't want to get into other peoples' business if it isn't (at least tangentially) related to combat. Her response to the whole Caelynn-Aurum shipping thing would pretty much be *Shrug* I don't get what she sees in him. And that's about the end of her take on the situation.

Kaden's interest in Aurum is pretty natural, though. As I said from the get-go, Kaden honestly believes that her martial talents are the only thing that makes her worth a crap (sometimes I wish I allowed myself stronger expletives...). The feeling of being anything other than the worthless little idiot, the embarassment of her family, is like a drug, and it's driven her to push her abilities much further than normal for a trainee Huntress. Fighting is what she loves, fighting is where she lives. Aurum can (and did) provide her with great battles, and she really hopes he will.

Aurum's departure isn't a big deal for me and it won't mean much for Kaden. She will, however, probably be more wound up than usual when it comes time for her match with Jack, though...

Ah. I figured it'd be quite easy to hear, seeing as Aurum said it fairly loud over breakfast, and I believe Kaden was there. Just thought you ought to know.

And, yeah! I was quite looking forward to having a possible scene between the two of them. Kaden likes fighting things, Aurum likes testing himself against others. They both seem to rely on competition and conflict to feel good about themselves.

And I'm still kinda happy the Aurum/Caelynn ship still exists, ahah.

strawberryman
2014-02-05, 01:42 AM
...while I agree that in this case death isn't appropriate, being uncomfortable with death is silly! Character deaths may be sad if the character was prolific, but they can be a good thing for the story. Sure, it sucks as a player, but for me, I always consider how a character might die, and how it would affect the story, hopefully for the better.

I, personally, have written a character death, and it actually made me tear up a bit. That kind of stuff is good. :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2014-02-05, 01:50 AM
...while I agree that in this case death isn't appropriate, being uncomfortable with death is silly! Character deaths may be sad if the character was prolific, but they can be a good thing for the story. Sure, it sucks as a player, but for me, I always consider how a character might die, and how it would affect the story, hopefully for the better.

I, personally, have written a character death, and it actually made me tear up a bit. That kind of stuff is good. :smalltongue:

^^

This.

So much this.

I've always imagined Aurum would die by falling from some sort of high place.

Landis963
2014-02-05, 09:30 AM
I'll concede that Amandus doesn't need to die here, but Hameth still needs to learn about this IC. I think I'll play it from there.

Calemyr
2014-02-05, 10:43 AM
I agree that death is a powerful and useful element in a story, and one I'm more than willing to use when appropriate, but I'm coming to the conclusion that it isn't appropriate here.

For one thing, some people have serious issues with death, and it isn't really fair to step on other people's trauma to emphasize your own drama.

Second, despite the clear and present threat of death in the show, nobody has died (on screen, anyway), making it hard to find how much is too much (or even what Grimm do when they 'kill' you).

Third, people are going to drop out. A lot of people. Leliel is hardly the first. Doubt he'll be the last. If we kill off every one of them, this is going to be less RWBY than it is Happy Tree Friends. Personally, I'd rather them step back into the shadows, so they remain students but are no longer focal students.

Fourth, killing people off systematically requires the teams to keep getting rearranged. Hameth could still be in Team Maverick with his whole team, but be the only one who participates in scenes.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 03:30 PM
So, are we ready for our next class, or are we still waiting on people?

Also, Landis, did you want to have Hameth meet with Rip now or later?

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-05, 03:36 PM

I'm ready for the next class, although I think Jack missed the Beach Party Invite...

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 03:37 PM
I'm ready for the next class, although I think Jack missed the Beach Party Invite...
I'm pretty sure all of Team Kaiser missed the invite. Team Relic should have time to fill them in when the next class convenes, if they wish.

Calemyr
2014-02-05, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure all of Team Kaiser missed the invite. Team Relic should have time to fill them in when the next class convenes, if they wish.

Dear lord, I hope Kaden misses the invite. Can you imagine her at the beach? Crescendo-assisted cannonballs?

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 03:59 PM
Dear lord, I hope Kaden misses the invite. Can you imagine her at the beach? Crescendo-assisted cannonballs?
Er, what? Is that some kind of obscure innuendo, or what...? (I'm a bit slow on the up-take today...)

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-05, 04:09 PM
Er, what? Is that some kind of obscure innuendo, or what...? (I'm a bit slow on the up-take today...)

A cannonball into the water, like the "diving move" assisted by her semblance I'm guessing.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 04:13 PM
A cannonball into the water, like the "diving move" assisted by her semblance I'm guessing.
It's a beach gathering, not a pool party. I'm guessing it'd be more swimming and less diving, unless she comes in from the cliff above the beach. Then again, would that be so unusual for her...?

Either way, Rip might actually consider going so he can try to relax for a bit. After all, things have been tense lately, and he could stand to unwind for a bit without having to rely solely on meditation.

Calemyr
2014-02-05, 04:16 PM

Kaden's weapons have one ranged attack, a massive beam weapon that releases all (well, a significant portion, now that it's been upgraded) of her built up energy into a single attack. The attack has ridiculous kick-back, so she either has to freeze her weapons into place and fire it like a cannon or instead it launches her like a rocket.

So the image in my mind is her running on the beach and launching herself into the air. Then, just as her flight reaches its zenith, launch herself downward at the water, creating the largest cannonball maneuver ever attempted.

And for the record, I don't go for innuendo, at least not of that nature. Especially with Kaden.

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-05, 04:17 PM
It's a beach gathering, not a pool party. I'm guessing it'd be more swimming and less diving, unless she comes in from the cliff above the beach. Then again, would that be so unusual for her...?

Do you really think people in this show couldn't jump high or far enough into the water to pull off something like that? :smalltongue:

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 04:39 PM
Do you really think people in this show couldn't jump high or far enough into the water to pull off something like that? :smalltongue:
They could, no doubt about it...but considering that the water is probably pretty shallow that close to the beach, I imagine a cannonball maneuver of that magnitude would bring Kaden crashing down on the surface below the water and shatter just about every bone in her body...except maybe three.

Anyway, about the innuendo thing: duly noted, Cal. Thanks for the clarification about your comment, also.

Calemyr
2014-02-05, 04:46 PM
They could, no doubt about it...but considering that the water is probably pretty shallow that close to the beach, I imagine a cannonball maneuver of that magnitude would bring Kaden crashing down on the surface below the water and shatter just about every bone in her body...except maybe three.

Anyway, about the innuendo thing: duly noted, Cal. Thanks for the clarification about your comment, also.

She wouldn't aim for the shallow water, of course. The tidal wave required for comedic effect just wouldn't happen. And Aura would keep her safe from general injury.

Landis963
2014-02-05, 06:27 PM

Is he going on the beach trip? I can just have Hameth go on the runaround for a bit.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 09:31 PM
Is he going on the beach trip? I can just have Hameth go on the runaround for a bit.
Yeah, he'll be there, so long as he gets an invite.

Landis963
2014-02-05, 10:50 PM
Yeah, he'll be there, so long as he gets an invite.

Yeah, depends on whether they share the next class (which they probably will). If so, Hameth'll grab him and say what he wants to say.

He still needs to meet with Kedra as well, but Rokoran still hasn't responded to his question.

Pokes GrandDM to Rokoran's classroom.

Hawkflight
2014-02-05, 10:55 PM
Hey, question. Which of these would work better as a quote for Kitty?

"I want an explosion the size of Vale."

"I'm not a hero, I'm a high-functioning pyromaniac."

AnimeKid
2014-02-05, 11:23 PM
Okay then, if everyone is ready I'll have Reinhold's class start in a bit. Also don't worry. All classmates will recieve the invite to the beach. Fun is abound. A word of advice though. In the case of beach volleyball never let Alexandra spike.

Arkhosia
2014-02-05, 11:25 PM
Okay then, if everyone is ready I'll have Reinhold's class start in a bit. Also don't worry. All classmates will recieve the invite to the beach. Fun is abound. A word of advice though. In the case of beach volleyball never let Alexandra spike.

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready! :smalltongue:

Or let Caelynn play Football (American), A relay race, or baseball.
Lol, teleport!

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 11:26 PM
@Hawk: I like the second one better, honestly.

@AK: Even suspecting that I may regret asking...why not?

EDIT: Arkh, SpongeBob would like to have a word with you; apparently, you stole his lines.

Arkhosia
2014-02-05, 11:28 PM

EDIT: Arkh, SpongeBob would like to have a word with you; apparently, you stole his lines.

Well, spongebob can try to steal his uncopyrighted line back! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

AnimeKid
2014-02-05, 11:43 PM

Remember how tough Alexandra is? She has a special volleyball that her little brother Talos invented for her to play with. Other people can use it, it's just absurdly durable. If Alexandra spikes if better to probably just let her score that point than be pulverized by a high speed miniature missile.

Hawkflight
2014-02-06, 01:47 AM
Remember how tough Alexandra is? She has a special volleyball that her little brother Talos invented for her to play with. Other people can use it, it's just absurdly durable. If Alexandra spikes if better to probably just let her score that point than be pulverized by a high speed miniature missile.

I believe Azura will take you up on that challenge. ;P

KnightDisciple
2014-02-06, 12:24 PM
Congratulations, Aurum.
Your AI is a snarky, eccentric Tom "Loki" Hiddleston. :smallbiggrin:

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 12:43 PM
wow, I really have been gone a long time....
You're telling me
and me
shush, don't make me feel worse :smallsigh:

Hey guys....I'm....back. Sorry but when the household gets a conversation to pure laptops (seriously, our last one died, Mum got a laptop, brother got a laptop, and I'm not going to go about just using them as I want) I couldn't get one until a week or so ago, and then catching up on uni work. sorry.

So, aside from what I've been told (thanks Hawk) what have I missed? I know Falcon's in a coma due to her internal Dust (and I'm kinda hoping that the dust thing wasn't passed around) and Silven went away to fight Grimm...

Oh, and because of long time being gone...*clears throat*

I HAVE RETURNED TO THIS LAND. NOW YOU FACE BLADE, SWORD OF THE VANGUARD OF THE BURNING LEGION!!!!! AND MR CUDDLES, MY ANGRY CHICKEN!!!!

AnimeKid
2014-02-06, 12:51 PM
wow, I really have been gone a long time....
You're telling me
and me
shush, don't make me feel worse :smallsigh:

Hey guys....I'm....back. Sorry but when the household gets a conversation to pure laptops (seriously, our last one died, Mum got a laptop, brother got a laptop, and I'm not going to go about just using them as I want) I couldn't get one until a week or so ago, and then catching up on uni work. sorry.

So, aside from what I've been told (thanks Hawk) what have I missed? I know Falcon's in a coma due to her internal Dust (and I'm kinda hoping that the dust thing wasn't passed around) and Silven went away to fight Grimm...

Oh, and because of long time being gone...*clears throat*

I HAVE RETURNED TO THIS LAND. NOW YOU FACE BLADE, SWORD OF THE VANGUARD OF THE BURNING LEGION!!!!! AND MR CUDDLES, MY ANGRY CHICKEN!!!!

Nice to have you back blade. Too bad your situation took you out of the game so long.

AnimeKid
2014-02-06, 12:54 PM
(Sorry for the double post)

Both Rev and Kaden were ready for something like this. Rev moves back in time to avoid the wire.

Kaden's weapons are up at the first sign of 'surprise' and catch it. Her tonfa are at different heights and angles, as she didn't know where the attack would come from, but she knew one would be coming.

Sorry for the confusion Cale. What basically happened is through careful maneuvering Reinhold used the thinness of the wires to his advantage to move them into position near the throat without them catching the light. It was less and attack and more deliberately revealing the wires were there, lying in wait.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 12:58 PM
Nice to have you back blade. Too bad your situation took you out of the game so long.

*chuckles a bit* Relax, I'm the type of guy who get's back into things easily. (possibly what she said) I'll be jumping back into it before you know it. Besides, Falcon's the character who writes herself, and Silven's my character of awesomeness.

so, plan for right now. Falcon's waking up, and Silven's coming back with a few pieces of extra gear (Extra sword for Silven, Falcon's powers become......well, maybe a bit more)

so, ON TO POSTING!!

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 01:02 PM
(Sorry for the double post)

Sorry for the confusion Cale. What basically happened is through careful maneuvering Reinhold used the thinness of the wires to his advantage to move them into position near the throat without them catching the light. It was less and attack and more deliberately revealing the wires were there, lying in wait.

Adjusted accordingly.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-06, 01:28 PM
ARGH! late to Reinhold's class. should I roleplay Kedra being late, or as if she was always there? hrmm...

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 01:32 PM
ARGH! late to Reinhold's class. should I roleplay Kedra being late, or as if she was always there? hrmm...

Your power armor kind of renders the trap moot in your case. That would be funny.

I don't like the trap myself. I just don't see the logistics of it, how it could be set up without the students blundering into it and still fall into place without alerting individuals like Kaden who were on guard. But I'll play it where it lies.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-06, 01:34 PM
Well, she doesn't wear a helmet, so unless the neck-line rises high enough, it could technically still affect her.

Lord_Gareth
2014-02-06, 01:43 PM
My posting will be SEVERELY inhibited; my internet has been deactivated, unfortunately. I see some lessons are starting - which one was supposed to have the upperclassmen as guest speakers?

Lord Raziere
2014-02-06, 01:44 PM
Well that would require me to flesh out the details of the power armor a little more.

while technically it has an outer layer of plating, it has an under layer of whatchmacallit....carbon nanotubes. which is primarily the reason why it works as power armor, weaved in among a material lets call Auranium nanotubes that channel the Aura into the Auranium plate and do most of the containment and control.

So technically, since carbon nanotubes are really strong- they're basically razor wires in real life- she would probably have a neck weave of it. I mean why wouldn't they design it like that?

AnimeKid
2014-02-06, 01:49 PM
Your power armor kind of renders the trap moot in your case. That would be funny.

I don't like the trap myself. I just don't see the logistics of it, how it could be set up without the students blundering into it and still fall into place without alerting individuals like Kaden who were on guard. But I'll play it where it lies.

It mostly falls into observational skills which Reinhold intends to teach exercises for improving. The wires are basically his weapon. They are gloves with micro-fliament, or monomolecular if you perfer, wires that can spool out of them. Reinhold controls them with his Aura. Sorry if it came off as wrong.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-06, 01:54 PM
My posting will be SEVERELY inhibited; my internet has been deactivated, unfortunately. I see some lessons are starting - which one was supposed to have the upperclassmen as guest speakers? I was having Merah go back to the room to write some reports.

If you want we can do a lesson with someone, but since you're having internet troubles, maybe we could just handwave that to the background until the beach party?

Well that would require me to flesh out the details of the power armor a little more.

while technically it has an outer layer of plating, it has an under layer of whatchmacallit....carbon nanotubes. which is primarily the reason why it works as power armor, weaved in among a material lets call Auranium nanotubes that channel the Aura into the Auranium plate and do most of the containment and control.

So technically, since carbon nanotubes are really strong- they're basically razor wires in real life- she would probably have a neck weave of it. I mean why wouldn't they design it like that?
The idea with carbon nanotubes as armor is that they form an overall strong structure, not that it's a collection of individual wires/strings.

So not really razor wires, no, but it is valid to say her armor could protect her.

Not that it invalidates the lesson, necessarily.

If nothing else, Reinhold could make the point that everyone needs to work on their senses, and even if they don't get as good as a teammate, they need to catch on if a team-mate does something.

I mean, Rip and several others scooted back from their desk. That's a bit odd, yes? What if a couple of Rip's teammates hadn't noticed the wires, but had noticed his action, and copied it? It shows not only situational awareness, but acknowledging the strengths of teammates and trusting their instincts.

That's my 2 cents, anyways.

AnimeKid
2014-02-06, 01:56 PM
I was having Merah go back to the room to write some reports.

If you want we can do a lesson with someone, but since you're having internet troubles, maybe we could just handwave that to the background until the beach party?

The idea with carbon nanotubes as armor is that they form an overall strong structure, not that it's a collection of individual wires/strings.

So not really razor wires, no, but it is valid to say her armor could protect her.

Not that it invalidates the lesson, necessarily.

If nothing else, Reinhold could make the point that everyone needs to work on their senses, and even if they don't get as good as a teammate, they need to catch on if a team-mate does something.

I mean, Rip and several others scooted back from their desk. That's a bit odd, yes? What if a couple of Rip's teammates hadn't noticed the wires, but had noticed his action, and copied it? It shows not only situational awareness, but acknowledging the strengths of teammates and trusting their instincts.

It does basically boil down to this and also the fact that Rip shouldn't have to carry all of the weight in that one area. And that if it was like that it paints a pretty big target on Rip's back as it means taking him out leave the group that much more susceptible to traps and such. Basically don't put all of your eggs in one basket. And while specializing is okay, doing it to the point that you ignore other areas simply because someone else can do it is bad.

Does this actually make sense to everyone or am I just babbling? Cause I really do want to get this whole Reinhold teaching thing right.

EDIT: Huh, so Kedra's armor and Reinhold's wires are basically made out of the same material. Interesting.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 02:00 PM
so what's happened in the time I've been gone and how long has passed in RP? Kinda want to have Silven act right when she comes back and Falcon being respectively groggy

Lord Raziere
2014-02-06, 02:01 PM
As for Kedra's helm....I'm pretty sure she actually has one, but she doesn't wear it, because your not supposed to wear hats at school. mostly because of attention problems.

Landis963
2014-02-06, 02:02 PM

Incidentally, this is exactly what Hameth did. Noticed Alexandria, then Jack, then Rip scoot back, and followed suit. Once is happenstance, 2 is coincidence, 3 is enemy action and all that.

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 02:03 PM
It mostly falls into observational skills which Reinhold intends to teach exercises for improving. The wires are basically his weapon. They are gloves with micro-fliament, or monomolecular if you perfer, wires that can spool out of them. Reinhold controls them with his Aura. Sorry if it came off as wrong.

Then it would have been an attack, something a developed Aura could sense, rather than an environmental hazard. Ah, well, Kaden fell for the anansi, too. She's apparently a sucker for subtle traps.

Landis963
2014-02-06, 02:10 PM
Then it would have been an attack, something a developed Aura could sense, rather than an environmental hazard. Ah, well, Kaden fell for the anansi, too. She's apparently a sucker for subtle traps.

Indeed. Hameth would have seen it like *that* if it were an attack. At the very least, he would have seen Reinhold's Aura holding the wires in place. Ah well, it could be just subtle enough that he overlooked it.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-06, 02:11 PM
But yeah, Kedra? I don't think she is very aware. This is the person who thinks that Gabriel is just an upper-classman, that Mogrym was actually just testing their resolve against an devil's advocate philosophy and didn't realize that it was Merah story-time only. she'll need to work on that.

Hawkflight
2014-02-06, 02:12 PM
Welcome back, Blade!

I'm going to do something like this with Azura, too. I just wish I'd had a chance to post it before the lesson started....

AnimeKid
2014-02-06, 02:13 PM
Indeed. Hameth would have seen it like *that* if it were an attack. At the very least, he would have seen Reinhold's Aura holding the wires in place. Ah well, it could be just subtle enough that he overlooked it.

Oh that's right! Crud I keep completely forgetting about Hameth's unique ability. Could we go with that actually? Subtle is supposed to be Reinhold's thing. He can go in an out and out fight if forced to, but his main thing is setting up traps, and unconventional tactics. The last thing you never see coming and all that.

Arkhosia
2014-02-06, 02:35 PM
so what's happened in the time I've been gone and how long has passed in RP? Kinda want to have Silven act right when she comes back and Falcon being respectively groggy

Morgrym had a lesson in which he tried to teach the problems of attachment, in which Caelynn was pretend-killed (everything seems to happen to her:smalltongue:), there's gonna be a beach party after this lesson, and an Upperclassmen team was introduced.

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 02:42 PM

It's been about 5 days since the Trials. Freshman week is over, the first day of classes has begun.

Falcon attended her team's first class with Morgrym. She was supposed to be the "fall girl" to demonstrate the risks of losing someone during a fight, but the team destroyed the synthetic Grimm before she could find an opening. She was found comatose between classes.

Fearing the worst, the Doctor assigned Jack to replace Falcon in team Kaiser.

It's been about two hours since she was taken to the Infirmary.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 03:07 PM
Oh, so really, she's been knocked out by mysterious forces. gotcha.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-06, 03:10 PM
no, I believe the official story was something about her blood condition causing it.

anyway this is going to be awkward, Kedra kind a gave a speech about it when informed of it to the team. now we have to figure out what to do with Jack...

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 03:13 PM
no, I believe the official story was something about her blood condition causing it.

Yeah, mysterious forces. Because I doubt anyone knew her condition before then :D

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 03:45 PM
erm....I gather I should take

to mean everyone now knows, right? no more secret of her powers in her?

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 03:50 PM
erm....I gather I should take

to mean everyone now knows, right? no more secret of her powers in her?

So far only the Doctor and Team Kaiser know that she's in the Infirmary, and the Doctor didn't identify the cause, just that she wasn't sure why Falcon was in a coma. So, no, nobody actually knows about it, yet. Other than the Doctor, that is.

Edit: They probably know something is up, though, given that Jack is suddenly hanging with team Kaiser.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 03:57 PM
So far only the Doctor and Team Kaiser know that she's in the Infirmary, and the Doctor didn't identify the cause, just that she wasn't sure why Falcon was in a coma. So, no, nobody actually knows about it, yet. Other than the Doctor, that is.

Edit: They probably know something is up, though, given that Jack is suddenly hanging with team Kaiser.

Well considering that the last Jack I knew couldn't be killed, and the one before that was a biotic basass.......I'm not arguing lol

Hawkflight
2014-02-06, 04:29 PM
Okay, so here's what's going to happen. I'm going to have Zira tell Falcon to stay for observation for at least the rest of the day. After that, she'll resume her normal duties as part of Team Kaiser, as Jack's player did say he had ideas for what to do with him when she returned.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 04:38 PM
Okay, so here's what's going to happen. I'm going to have Zira tell Falcon to stay for observation for at least the rest of the day. After that, she'll resume her normal duties as part of Team Kaiser, as Jack's player did say he had ideas for what to do with him when she returned.

Have Zira bring equipment so that Falcon can at least do some work. I've had an idea that I want to work on for Falcon after a bit too long playing Fire Emblem

Hawkflight
2014-02-06, 05:56 PM
Also, I think Zira did tell her team about her dust condition, on the basis that, should she return to active duty, such information could save her life. But if you wish, we can retcon it so she only said it was a mysterious blood condition.

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-06, 06:04 PM

Yeah those plans sorta required more time than half a day...

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 06:15 PM
Then let's play it this way: the Doctor won't let Falcon participate in active combat until she is convinced Ms. Skyborne isn't in immediate danger from her unidentified illness. This will sideline her from "sports" for a few days. Afterwards, it's up to her, Jack, and Falcon to decide who stays in Kaiser.

It may make sense to put Falcon in Team BLNK (there's been a convenient drop out, I hear), placing her in a team with someone with some talent as a healer (Rev). That way she can be watched over and only one person needs to know the story of the unidentified illness.

Does that satisfy?

Landis963
2014-02-06, 06:22 PM
I can't wait for Reinhold to point out that Kaden could have noticed a large portion of the class scooting their chairs back in quick succession. Including once very loudly.

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 06:23 PM
I can't wait for Reinhold to point out that Kaden could have noticed a large portion of the class scooting their chairs back in quick succession. Including once very loudly.

That was informing her of the threat - something she already knew from the dim lights. The nature of the threat was something she couldn't identify. That's the part of it she doesn't agree with.

If he tells her that she was supposed to just blindly do what everyone else was doing, that will really push her over the edge. If that was really the expectation, then why were the informed urged not to let the others know? Note that only Rev actually reacted to the trap. The others else read a sign (or those that did, in Hameth's case, an ability Kaden lacks). Scooting back a couple inches only "saved" them because he intentionally held back.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 06:35 PM
I would 100000% rather it be an unidentified illness due to how Falcon is trying to work right now. That and....well, I kinda think I need to hammer it in again because it seems like it didn't stick. Falcon's illness is so rare it's almost unknown. If the nurse knew, then she would have treated Falcon herself in the past.

so.....yeah, can it be retconned just so that she was found heavily injured. That's one of the side effects if she 'trips' and uses too much Dust.

If Team BLNK does take Falcon, that'll be a team rename. that and less destabilising for Kaiser again.

EDIT: So if the event before is being retconned....what exactly is the question the doc is asking Falcon now being changed to?

Landis963
2014-02-06, 06:38 PM
That was informing her of the threat - something she already knew from the dim lights. The nature of the threat was something she couldn't identify. That's the part of it she doesn't agree with.

Oh please. As a wise man once said, "One cannot oppose one who cannot be found." You need to be ready for almost anything in this world.

If he tells her that she was supposed to just blindly do what everyone else was doing, that will really push her over the edge. If that was really the expectation, then why were the informed urged not to let the others know?

Of course that wasn't the entire expectation. The expectation was that you would find the trap in the first place, or exhibit enough paranoia to take the steps your better-equipped allies take. Assuming you have all the information is stupid, sorry Kaden, especially when those of your classmates with night vision or other tricks scoot backwards and clam up suspiciously.

EDIT: And Hameth didn't see the wires or the sign. (aura control was too subtle around the wires to give off any telltale signs) What he did was notice more than one person scoot backwards, and notice that it might be a good idea to follow suit. And even then, he hedged his bets by leaning back a bit, and didn't actually move all the way back. Paranoia is a good slave and a poor master.

Hawkflight
2014-02-06, 06:46 PM
Then let's play it this way: the Doctor won't let Falcon participate in active combat until she is convinced Ms. Skyborne isn't in immediate danger from her unidentified illness. This will sideline her from "sports" for a few days. Afterwards, it's up to her, Jack, and Falcon to decide who stays in Kaiser.

It may make sense to put Falcon in Team BLNK (there's been a convenient drop out, I hear), placing her in a team with someone with some talent as a healer (Rev). That way she can be watched over and only one person needs to know the story of the unidentified illness.

Does that satisfy?

I think this makes a lot of sense, myself. But again, it's up to her player.

I would 100000% rather it be an unidentified illness due to how Falcon is trying to work right now. That and....well, I kinda think I need to hammer it in again because it seems like it didn't stick. Falcon's illness is so rare it's almost unknown. If the nurse knew, then she would have treated Falcon herself in the past.

so.....yeah, can it be retconned just so that she was found heavily injured. That's one of the side effects if she 'trips' and uses too much Dust.

If Team BLNK does take Falcon, that'll be a team rename. that and less destabilising for Kaiser again.

EDIT: So if the event before is being retconned....what exactly is the question the doc is asking Falcon now being changed to?

As you wish. But if the doctors operated on her were part of any half-competent medical system, her information would be logged. Maybe it was top-secret, but either way Dr. Jones would have been informed. I'm not backing down on this point, the medical system works this way for a reason. I should know, my mom's a nurse. And my character, the head doctor, is in charge of knowing these things.

Just so I know, how do these dust trips work?

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 07:03 PM
I think this makes a lot of sense, myself. But again, it's up to her player.

As you wish. But if the doctors operated on her were part of any half-competent medical system, her information would be logged. Maybe it was top-secret, but either way Dr. Jones would have been informed. I'm not backing down on this point, the medical system works this way for a reason. I should know, my mom's a nurse. And my character, the head doctor, is in charge of knowing these things.

Just so I know, how do these dust trips work?

Duly noted, my apologies. Though I'd still rather it be known as unidentified illness to the others, just so Falcon can spring it upon them later as a surprise plot thingy. (well, if she can anyway)

you know how when Falcon uses her powers, she basically wounds herself, internally and externally, to do so? 'Tripping' is basically when she pushes her reserves of Dust to the limit and her body, whilst finding more of the stuff to replace the reserves she burnt, finds something else to 'burn' instead of it. So her powers just don't turn off. (the good news: every time she 'trips' she can go further the next time before tripping again. the bad news, the only way she can turn this off is to fall unconscious, either by being knocked out or, the darkest one I could think of, her wounds catch up to her body and there's nothing else to burn. (Though I do like the idea of Falcon becoming living Dust because she's used that much of herself, and the dust accelerating her healing aids in this)

And....well, ironically your 'addiction' line....every time she trips, she gets the equivalent of the first shot of crack to someone, and it gets higher every time she does it so long as she's in control (which would test her willpower as well. keep in the high and become more injured, or lose the high and control your powers)

Calemyr
2014-02-06, 07:18 PM
Oh please. As a wise man once said, "One cannot oppose one who cannot be found." You need to be ready for almost anything in this world.

I'm not going to argue the point, I have no desire to make this hostile. I simply don't agree.

I would favor this: Falcon did trip, whatever that means, she was found unconscious, the good Doctor has done what she can with her patient, but information on the condition is limited enough that all she can really do is treat the symptoms she finds. She may have said more than she meant to, but only because she isn't aware it's a secret. When Falcon is alarmed at word (even as vague as what she says) got out, Jones will be more careful afterwards. None of the current team Kaiser are medically trained, so most of it probably just fell on deaf ears in any event.

Falcon is released from the infirmary, but on restrictive activity. Team Kaiser has five people for the moment (four active members, one in recovery) - which isn't a big deal since Kaden doesn't use a bed.

When Falcon gets a clean bill of health, Falcon, Jack, and Jones will have to decide team arrangements. We'll see how circumstances are when that time comes. Falcon is welcome (and could logically be assigned) to Team BLNK*.

* I normally would argue against renaming teams due to reassignments (that should be only done at semester breaks), but I'd be okay with it here. Team BLNK was mostly a joke: "I'm Rev Mills from team <Blank>."

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 07:54 PM
....I hate to make this.

so, if Team BLNK were fired, would they be firing BLNKs?

Arkhosia
2014-02-06, 08:21 PM
....I hate to make this.

so, if Team BLNK were fired, would they be firing BLNKs?

A doctor once warned "don't do a Team BLNK":smalltongue:

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-06, 08:27 PM

I'm cold, anyone got a BLNKet :smallcool:

AnimeKid
2014-02-06, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I don't think Kedan is going to like Reinhold. Heck I'm not sure if many people like his lesson at this point. I probably messed up.

Landis963
2014-02-06, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I don't think Kedan is going to like Reinhold. Heck I'm not sure if many people like his lesson at this point. I probably messed up.

Hameth and I like the lesson. It keeps you on your toes. He just has to be careful not to make everyone too paranoid, and to encourage trust of the fellow hunters.

Arkhosia
2014-02-06, 10:05 PM
Hameth and I like the lesson. It keeps you on your toes. He just has to be careful not to make everyone too paranoid, and to encourage trust of the fellow hunters.

Same here with Caelynn!

KnightDisciple
2014-02-06, 10:07 PM

No, I think the lesson, especially with the latest post you did, is spot on.

If specific characters don't like the lesson, that's an issue with the individual characters, not you, your character, or the basic idea/premise.

Hawkflight
2014-02-06, 10:13 PM
I would favor this: Falcon did trip, whatever that means, she was found unconscious, the good Doctor has done what she can with her patient, but information on the condition is limited enough that all she can really do is treat the symptoms she finds. She may have said more than she meant to, but only because she isn't aware it's a secret. When Falcon is alarmed at word (even as vague as what she says) got out, Jones will be more careful afterwards. None of the current team Kaiser are medically trained, so most of it probably just fell on deaf ears in any event.

Falcon is released from the infirmary, but on restrictive activity. Team Kaiser has five people for the moment (four active members, one in recovery) - which isn't a big deal since Kaden doesn't use a bed.

When Falcon gets a clean bill of health, Falcon, Jack, and Jones will have to decide team arrangements. We'll see how circumstances are when that time comes. Falcon is welcome (and could logically be assigned) to Team BLNK*.

* I normally would argue against renaming teams due to reassignments (that should be only done at semester breaks), but I'd be okay with it here. Team BLNK was mostly a joke: "I'm Rev Mills from team <Blank>."

I'm down with this.

"BLNKs are serious business."

Arkhosia
2014-02-06, 10:22 PM
I'm down with this.

"BLNKs are serious business."
http://www.tshirtroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/don't-blink-excitementgang.jpg

Hattish Thing
2014-02-07, 01:57 AM
Congratulations, Aurum.
Your AI is a snarky, eccentric Tom "Loki" Hiddleston. :smallbiggrin:

It only fits, really. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2014-02-07, 05:26 AM
Third, people are going to drop out. A lot of people. Leliel is hardly the first. Doubt he'll be the last. If we kill off every one of them, this is going to be less RWBY than it is Happy Tree Friends. Personally, I'd rather them step back into the shadows, so they remain students but are no longer focal students.
And suddenly I'm imagining a very different setting, with psychological horror caused by grimm that corrupt you with venom that makes you turn into an NPC black shadow outline...

maybe all grimm do that when they kill you, and that's why the world is full of shadows ._.

(hides)

Hey, question. Which of these would work better as a quote for Kitty?

"I want an explosion the size of Vale."

"I'm not a hero, I'm a high-functioning pyromaniac."
The former. The meter doesn't work on the latter and it doesn't make sense anyway.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-07, 06:22 AM
To be fair, I don't mind PCs dying, so long as it's not arbitrary deaths. Seeing as right now things are easy, no major fights, there's no real reason why people should die, so simply leaving the academy for one reason or another is perfect.

If things get to the level of bad where we're constantly fighting for our lives (the Siege of Sanctum, or fighting a war against grimm literally) then I do think character death would fit. of course each to their own with this.

Oh, and Grimm and wounds....considering how things work in the show, I think that they do get injured, and indeed bleed, but rose petals

GrandDM
2014-02-07, 11:14 AM
I'm back. Sorry I've been away; stuff happened. Did I miss anything important?

Calemyr
2014-02-07, 11:24 AM
I'm back. Sorry I've been away; stuff happened. Did I miss anything important?

Falcon is back up. Reinhold wired his classroom, but Caelynn was already plenty wired. Morgrym and Barlowe are going hunting. Aurum is talking with his best friend.

So, you know, not much.

Calemyr
2014-02-07, 01:46 PM

I missed this earlier. It's not that Kaden dislikes Reinhold. The lesson is sound, to her mind. The demonstration was the problem. It wasn't a test of reflexes, or aura perception, or any sensory ability beyond the ability to read in the dark. Kaden isn't Faunus, and she doesn't have an Aura-improved eyesight. People shuffling their seats before class begins is hardly suspicious behavior, nor does it dictate the exact action being taken. Kaden has very strong issues with feeling like the deck is stacked against her, and this is playing on that.

For my part, I don't rightly care. Kaden really won't, either. Her old teacher pulled a lot of crap like that on her as well, the traps and tricks just had something she could key onto.

AnimeKid
2014-02-07, 06:04 PM
I missed this earlier. It's not that Kaden dislikes Reinhold. The lesson is sound, to her mind. The demonstration was the problem. It wasn't a test of reflexes, or aura perception, or any sensory ability beyond the ability to read in the dark. Kaden isn't Faunus, and she doesn't have an Aura-improved eyesight. People shuffling their seats before class begins is hardly suspicious behavior, nor does it dictate the exact action being taken. Kaden has very strong issues with feeling like the deck is stacked against her, and this is playing on that.

For my part, I don't rightly care. Kaden really won't, either. Her old teacher pulled a lot of crap like that on her as well, the traps and tricks just had something she could key onto.

Okay then. I thought I had royally screwed up. Good to know that it wasn't that.

strawberryman
2014-02-07, 07:22 PM
Sorry about the wait on the response, Hatter & company, apparently when you pass an exam like 60% of people in a given class fail, you become some kind of authority on that subject.

This was me, on this particular day. In relation to an airway exam, in my emergency medical services class.

@_@

Arkhosia
2014-02-07, 08:22 PM
Whenever I think of Reinhold, I will picture this now. Thanks.
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130629162818/powerlisting/images/thumb/e/e0/Walter_C._Dornez.jpg/380px-Walter_C._Dornez.jpg

AnimeKid
2014-02-07, 08:33 PM
I did base Reinhold on the elderly gentleman archetype. He just doesn't look the part what with him aging well. I also took inspiration from a character from a videogame. Rowen from Tales of Xillia

Arkhosia
2014-02-07, 08:35 PM
I did base Reinhold on the elderly gentleman archetype. He just doesn't look the part what with him aging well. I also took inspiration from a character from a videogame. Rowen from Tales of Xillia

Ah, but did you base him on Walter?
Because seriously, Walter was awesome.

AnimeKid
2014-02-07, 08:47 PM
Ah, but did you base him on Walter?
Because seriously, Walter was awesome.

Indeed I did dear Ark. And Walter is awesome. There is a reason that in his back story, he used to always beat his wife in combat before she started taking her training serious despite the sheer raw talent she had.

Arkhosia
2014-02-07, 08:54 PM
Indeed I did dear Ark. And Walter is awesome. There is a reason that in his back story, he used to always beat his wife in combat before she started taking her training serious despite the sheer raw talent she had.

You are officially awesome. :smalltongue:

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-08, 02:44 PM
So, I've had a bit of a scheme, and I wonder what it may end up like in practicality.

So, when Falcon 'Trips' (I'll be honest that was more the only way to describe it but it's sticking) she increases her limit before she gets to the point of no return. What if...at a point, and not every single time she does it (uncommon if not rare) that something about her changes? In the RP the last one that happened could change her eye colour, something that might not be noticeable at first glance

strawberryman
2014-02-08, 03:09 PM
For the record, I'm just going to describe things with relation to the search in response to character's investigation, so waiting on you guys here. :smalltongue:

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 03:20 PM
So, I've had a bit of a scheme, and I wonder what it may end up like in practicality.

So, when Falcon 'Trips' (I'll be honest that was more the only way to describe it but it's sticking) she increases her limit before she gets to the point of no return. What if...at a point, and not every single time she does it (uncommon if not rare) that something about her changes? In the RP the last one that happened could change her eye colour, something that might not be noticeable at first glance

Sounds good.
She's joining Team BLNK, right?
Because I play a Raven Faunus sniper who's kind of a bitch that's on the team.
Just wanted to let ya know!

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-08, 03:34 PM
Sounds good.
She's joining Team BLNK, right?
Because I play a Raven Faunus sniper who's kind of a bitch that's on the team.
Just wanted to let ya know!

Kind of up in the air IC but yeah.

'Raven Faunus Sniper'......Yeah, Falcon's gonna have fun with that.

AnimeKid
2014-02-09, 03:04 AM
Was anyone else going to respond to Reinhold or should I just post the next part?

Lord Raziere
2014-02-09, 04:12 AM
Was anyone else going to respond to Reinhold or should I just post the next part?

Nope not responding, I can't really think of anything Kedra would do or say in response to that, that wouldn't be just silently glaring at her own armor for potentially making her tracks obvious and I just don't think thats post-worthy.

Hawkflight
2014-02-09, 04:24 AM
Nope not responding, I can't really think of anything Kedra would do or say in response to that, that wouldn't be just silently glaring at her own armor for potentially making her tracks obvious and I just don't think thats post-worthy.

Same here. Kitty doesn't know much about covering her tracks.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-09, 10:23 AM

you could post with disappointment that the class doesn't seem to know

Landis963
2014-02-09, 10:41 AM
you could post with disappointment that the class doesn't seem to know

There were a couple of good responses you could work off of.

Lord_Gareth
2014-02-09, 11:06 AM
Okay, I have Internet again, and semi-normal posting will resume on Tuesday. Are we ready for Beach!Scene?

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-09, 11:11 AM
Okay, I have Internet again, and semi-normal posting will resume on Tuesday. Are we ready for Beach!Scene?

??? Beach Scene?

Calemyr
2014-02-09, 11:26 AM
??? Beach Scene?

Certain teams are angling for a beach celebration in the evening. I think only Relic and Slepneir (a new second year team lead by a charismatic showboat based off the Monkey King) are involved at the moment. Other teams are, as of yet, unaware of the plan.

We've still got the Faculty hunt, Reinhold's class, and Kaden's match vs Jack before evening (which can't begin until Reinhold's class ends).

AnimeKid
2014-02-09, 12:18 PM
So after this post should I go ahead and end Reinhold's class? I don't want to drag it out for too long. Or do you guys think that the class hasn't gone over enough?

strawberryman
2014-02-09, 12:20 PM
@Calemyr, Hatter, other people: Your lead on the faculty search currently!

Elricaltovilla
2014-02-09, 01:04 PM
So after this post should I go ahead and end Reinhold's class? I don't want to drag it out for too long. Or do you guys think that the class hasn't gone over enough?

I think if you wanted to make this an "introduction" class, where you hand out the syllabus and give a demonstration of what people will be learning in the class, you could end it early without too much trouble.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-09, 02:15 PM
I think if you wanted to make this an "introduction" class, where you hand out the syllabus and give a demonstration of what people will be learning in the class, you could end it early without too much trouble.

^ this makes sense.

That and possibly explaining in the professor's own words what he expects from the class

Landis963
2014-02-09, 06:13 PM
"Hamelin?" Hameth's name is Hameth Velan. If that's who you're addressing.

AnimeKid
2014-02-09, 06:43 PM
Umm, yeah that's what I meant. Sorry, my brain isn't so good with names.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-09, 07:56 PM
Is it bad that I keep thinking of themes for scenes going on? It's an odd habit of mine.

So far Falcon's theme seems to be Reboot in a manner.

Hawkflight
2014-02-09, 08:13 PM
What's Kitty's?

Calemyr
2014-02-10, 03:43 PM
Team BLNK is not upper-classmen. They're freshman, too. Dunno who the third spot would be, too. I would argue that it's immaterial, of course.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-10, 03:50 PM
Kitty's I would put down as......well, after the chainsaw.

I would joke with An end once and for all (ME3) but I'll go with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpX0hBe4BQ (no idea what the song is called)

AnimeKid
2014-02-11, 09:59 AM
Now this is a leader with a head on her shoulders; Rip hasn't even thought of using material evidence to impede Aurum's investigations, but she's already quite strong in her convictions. The archer is highly impressed by her calm, collected mindframe in the face of potential adversity. (The beach party,) he muses internally. (If I didn't know better, I'd say you saw this coming...or maybe you wanted this all along...? You're a dangerous woman, Alexandra Rosenkranz...Certainly worthy of respect, and maybe even admiration...)

"Hmm...That makes sense," Rip answers. "Leave it to the sniper to be the most paranoid of them all, huh...? I guess I owe you an apology, Kedra."

You want to know what I find really funny about this Imp? Alexandra sees her being the leader of her team as a fluke. She thinks that there is nothing special enough about her to be a leader. It just tickles me how Rip opinion of her is almost the opposite.

GrandDM
2014-02-11, 10:53 AM
I am going to be posting a lot less in the foreseeable future, since I've broken my arm...

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 10:55 AM
I am going to be posting a lot less in the foreseeable future, since I've broken my arm...

Crap, man. That sucks. Get well soon.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-11, 11:14 AM
Tickling is fun.

I must not have been paying close attention, because that particular detail eluded me. But yeah, Rip has respect for people who can tank intimidation without letting it show, so he thinks pretty highly of Alex at this point. And after the beach scene...Actually, let's cross that bridge when we get there.

Kedra is kind of annoyed. First they wanted her to listen to them, now they didn't?
I tried to find a medium between the two for Rip's statement, but I guess it didn't work very well. His intention was to ensure that Kedra wasn't losing self-confidence as their captain, not to be a hypocritical jerk...hence the apology afterward.

Cripes, what did you go and do that for?[/joke]

Seriously, though, hope you mend quickly and painlessly.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 12:21 PM
Team BLNK is not upper-classmen. They're freshman, too. Dunno who the third spot would be, too. I would argue that it's immaterial, of course.

She's said that she doesn't actually know much about them. That's more or less reinforcing that. Besides, I don't think Falcon's really ever heard of them (IIRC).

In essence, she's just lying her backside off trying to get information.

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 12:37 PM
She's said that she doesn't actually know much about them. That's more or less reinforcing that. Besides, I don't think Falcon's really ever heard of them (IIRC).

In essence, she's just lying her backside off trying to get information.

Oh, I understand. Just making sure there isn't a misunderstanding if you're taken at face value.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 01:55 PM
Oh, I understand. Just making sure there isn't a misunderstanding if you're taken at face value.

Sorry If I was a bit to.....up front in the response. Bad habit of mine.

if there's no third member (well, third before Falcon) then....well, I've got an idea. if the other two set up members agree of course.

Move up a member of team CASE there. (or whatever's left of Team CASE. not 100% but I think there are a few who stick around, Silven from me anyway) That way we clear the backup team out into active service, fill a hole in team BLNK and get someone else active

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 02:04 PM
Sorry If I was a bit to.....up front in the response. Bad habit of mine.

if there's no third member (well, third before Falcon) then....well, I've got an idea. if the other two set up members agree of course.

Move up a member of team CASE there. (or whatever's left of Team CASE. not 100% but I think there are a few who stick around, Silven from me anyway) That way we clear the backup team out into active service, fill a hole in team BLNK and get someone else active

If we're going to do any rearranging, I'd rather pull Hameth into a more active group (since Leliel has officially bowed out and Felyndiira and Prince_Selm have been rather MIA). Everyone in Team CASE is a backup - I'd rather give active team status to a primary character.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 03:01 PM
Hawk, I drew this guy for ya, then forget to ever get him to you! He's Mr. Lacuna. I drew him in armor, and not shirtless, cause it just didn't look good. http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/Lacuna.png

Landis963
2014-02-11, 03:08 PM
If we're going to do any rearranging, I'd rather pull Hameth into a more active group (since Leliel has officially bowed out and Felyndiira and Prince_Selm have been rather MIA). Everyone in Team CASE is a backup - I'd rather give active team status to a primary character.

Sounds good. He can vent about his old team later.

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 03:11 PM
Sounds good. He can vent about his old team later.

Added bonus: This makes the raven faunus the most "normal" member of the team.

Question: Who would be team lead?

Landis963
2014-02-11, 03:35 PM
Added bonus: This makes the raven faunus the most "normal" member of the team.

Question: Who would be team lead?

I certainly don't care. The leader position only really matters in battle, anyway.

Just try to make it a color and we'll be fine.

Arkhosia
2014-02-11, 03:38 PM
I certainly don't care. The leader position only really matters in battle, anyway.

Vote Rev for leader!

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 03:40 PM

That's the Beacon way of doing things. We're Sanctum and proud, dang it!

Vote Rev for leader!

Makes slightly more sense than having a sniper for team lead, I suppose. (Not that I'd ever speak ill of Leroy Jethro Gibbs, of course.) I'd say the original team lead was one of the members who dropped out, forcing Rev to step up.

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 03:55 PM
Hey AK, Raz, either of you up for that sparring match before we hit the beach?

Hawk, I drew this guy for ya, then forget to ever get him to you! He's Mr. Lacuna. I drew him in armor, and not shirtless, cause it just didn't look good. http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/Lacuna.png

Huh, interesting. I would have put him in a professional-looking suit, but that works too!

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 04:10 PM

Huh, interesting. I would have put him in a professional-looking suit, but that works too!

Ahh, seeing that he was a Forgemaster, and rather short, I thought it would look good to put him in some sort of gold or copper armor.

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 04:15 PM
Ahh, seeing that he was a Forgemaster, and rather short, I thought it would look good to put him in some sort of gold or copper armor.

That makes sense. The main reason I say either shirtless or suit is because I'm taking inspiration from the dwarf from Tales of Symphonia, as well as Lex Luthor. (Also, the dwarf is the reason for the giant beard. :smalltongue:)

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 04:20 PM
Vote Rev for leader!

What's Bria's (Tenebria's) last name, by the way?

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 04:23 PM
What's Bria's (Tenebria's) last name, by the way?

Ravensholme.

TROLOLOLOLO.

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 04:26 PM
Ravensholme.

TROLOLOLOLO.

If it starts with an A we could have Team M*A*S*H

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 04:28 PM
If it starts with an A we could have Team M*A*S*H

Araven.

Tenebria Araven.

Snerk, snerk, snerk.

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 04:32 PM
Araven.

Tenebria Araven.

Snerk, snerk, snerk.

Tenebria Allenblac?

Arkhosia
2014-02-11, 04:33 PM
Corvus. :smallwink:

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 04:33 PM
Tenebria Allenblac?

That works too. :P I'm still thinking of bird puns. :smallbiggrin:

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 04:37 PM
Corvus. :smallwink:

Team Matchless?

Arkhosia
2014-02-11, 04:38 PM
That works too. :P I'm still thinking of bird puns. :smallbiggrin:

Tenebria Nevermore? :smalltongue:

strawberryman
2014-02-11, 04:43 PM
Team Matchless?

What do they do when they're in a dark cave?

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 04:44 PM
Tenebria Avery (often misspelled Aviary)?

Or team KaVeaTS?

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 04:55 PM
I also drew the always creepy Doctor Ruhig of Frontier Industries. He looks like Bill Nye and Doctor Frankenstein had a baby. O.O

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/Ruhig.png

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 05:04 PM
Tenebria Avery (often misspelled Aviary)?

Or team KaVeaTS?

if only we had SPRW. or even HAWK. THINK OF THE SAVINGS

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-11, 05:08 PM
Could someone list the full names of the members for this new team, please? I'd like to help come up with acronyms, but I can't figure out which four are on the team...

Jadev
2014-02-11, 05:11 PM
You could go for subtle and go with Tenebria Elanor.

That there's a poe reference.

Landis963
2014-02-11, 05:17 PM
Could someone list the full names of the members for this new team, please? I'd like to help come up with acronyms, but I can't figure out which four are on the team...

Same here. I know Hameth, Tenebria, and Rev are presumably on the team, and is Falcon the last player? If so, their names are:

Hameth Velan
Tenebria Corvus - last name subject to change.
Rev [tobedetermined]
Falicia Skyborne

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 05:26 PM
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/FullFrontier.png

Finished all of 'em now. It looks pretty awesome. And I now think I have Aurum's full theme. Kinda creepy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_PXTGdlGw&list=PLF6B688014D4954ED)

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-11, 05:27 PM
OK, how about Team Feather (FTHR)?

Arkhosia
2014-02-11, 05:34 PM

I'm good with that!

Landis963
2014-02-11, 05:36 PM

I like it.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 05:39 PM
Pronounced Feather or Further?

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 05:41 PM
I like it.

It would work fine, although Rev is just a nickname. His actual name is Kinneson Mills. I don't know if using a nickname is kosher.

Landis963
2014-02-11, 05:46 PM
It would work fine, although Rev is just a nickname. His actual name is Kinneson Mills. I don't know if using a nickname is kosher.

...That would have been good to know earlier. If you can retcon that into his name being Revan (or something) Kinneson Mills (Because who names their kid "Kinneson", that might be best (or at least the minimum amount of work for Imp).

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 05:46 PM

I like. It's good :D

Though our team will have to Wing it.....;)

AnimeKid
2014-02-11, 05:52 PM

I'm good for it. I was wanting to try out Alexandra in combat with just her fists and her wits myself. I'm still having trouble with her Semblance. The closest thing I have to a complete idea is energy projection that she inherited from her mother. It would basically function like the chakra cloak Naruto gets when he uses the Kyuubi's chakra. That's only if I can't think of something else though.

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 05:57 PM
...That would have been good to know earlier. If you can retcon that into his name being Revan (or something) Kinneson Mills (Because who names their kid "Kinneson", that might be best (or at least the minimum amount of work for Imp).

The name was his from the first time he was presented. My apologies for not making a bigger deal of it (but, as you said, who would go by 'Kinneson'?).

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 06:02 PM
I'm good for it. I was wanting to try out Alexandra in combat with just her fists and her wits myself. I'm still having trouble with her Semblance. The closest thing I have to a complete idea is energy projection that she inherited from her mother. It would basically function like the chakra cloak Naruto gets when he uses the Kyuubi's chakra. That's only if I can't think of something else though.

I was hoping for hammers and explosions, but that works too.

AnimeKid
2014-02-11, 06:10 PM
I was hoping for hammers and explosions, but that works too.

Oh if that's what you want I can surely provide. Explosions are a characters best friend after all. Except when your caught in them.

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 06:39 PM
So, wait, does that mean Falcon's going to be the leader of the new team?

Bleh, I've got a lot of work to do on the character roster. Just to confirm, the only new additions are Team Sleipnir and Team Feather, correct?

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 06:42 PM
So, wait, does that mean Falcon's going to be the leader of the new team?

Bleh, I've got a lot of work to do on the character roster. Just to confirm, the only new additions are Team Sleipnir and Team Feather, correct?

Under the RWBY show idea of teams.....FTHR would be like by Falcon, yeah. (Hi, welcome to this team, you now the boss, have fun with that)

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 06:46 PM
Under the RWBY show idea of teams.....FTHR would be like by Falcon, yeah. (Hi, welcome to this team, you now the boss, have fun with that)

Heh. :smalltongue:

So, let me see if I've got this straight. Big threat involving organized and/or intelligent grimm has been lurking in the shadows. Sanctum sees this, and attempts to institute an accelerated program that includes Team Relic, Team Kaiser, the now-defunct Team Maverick, and Team Feather. Not Team Sleipnir though, as they're already upperclassmen (I expect us freshmen to have to rescue them at some point :smallwink:). As part of this, the school hires Aurum and his mecha-grimm, and Aurum uses this opportunity to plant bugs around the school and get what he needs in order to start developing a faunus plague. Does that about sum things up?

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 06:54 PM

So, let me see if I've got this straight. Big threat involving organized and/or intelligent grimm has been lurking in the shadows. Sanctum sees this, and attempts to institute an accelerated program that includes Team Relic, Team Kaiser, the now-defunct Team Maverick, and Team Feather. Not Team Sleipnir though, as they're already upperclassmen (I expect us freshmen to have to rescue them at some point :smallwink:). As part of this, the school hires Aurum and his mecha-grimm, and Aurum uses this opportunity to plant bugs around the school and get what he needs in order to start developing a faunus plague. Does that about sum things up?

You could throw in Racial tensions between Faunus and Humans as well adding to this

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 07:05 PM

That's pretty much what I see. The accelerated program probably isn't directly related to the Grimm anomalies, but they are likely a reason the Directors have been pushing it recently. The headmaster's version of the accelerated program, however, is rather different than the proposed version.

Likely a lot of the dropouts are due to the program's use of synthetic Grimm (most of which are not actually based on real Grimm). The students signed on to fight Grimm, not robots. This isn't particularly unexpected. That's why the enrollment was expanded to bring in a larger body of students and usually non-viable applicants (Kaden, Rev, Falcon, and Hameth come to mind) have been accepted this year.

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 07:30 PM
That's pretty much what I see. The accelerated program probably isn't directly related to the Grimm anomalies, but they are likely a reason the Directors have been pushing it recently. The headmaster's version of the accelerated program, however, is rather different than the proposed version.

Likely a lot of the dropouts are due to the program's use of synthetic Grimm (most of which are not actually based on real Grimm). The students signed on to fight Grimm, not robots. This isn't particularly unexpected. That's why the enrollment was expanded to bring in a larger body of students and usually non-viable applicants (Kaden, Rev, Falcon, and Hameth come to mind) have been accepted this year.

There is a bit more I could throw in given some circumstances, but to be fair, that pretty much covers everything. Heck, especially the 'synthetic Grimm' part given how some characters were saying about the robot fights being off.

Hiro Protagonest
2014-02-11, 07:31 PM

No no, it's Team F'ther. Like feather, but lighter. :smalltongue:

Jadev
2014-02-11, 07:38 PM

Reverse the order of that rescue mission and you've got it right.

Shush you. You'll get captured and you'll like it.

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 07:51 PM
There is a bit more I could throw in given some circumstances, but to be fair, that pretty much covers everything. Heck, especially the 'synthetic Grimm' part given how some characters were saying about the robot fights being off.

No no, please, throw away.

....That ... came out wrong.

Also, since Aurum came to retrieve a bunch of his synthetic grimm, does that mean that we'll be using a mixture of real and synthetic grimm from now on?

Actually ... idea. The synthetic grimm could be completely removed, deemed a failure due to the fact that they couldn't fully replicate a proper grimm. So the faculty contacts Aurum with another idea ... control chips, to be implanted in the real grimm the school will use from now on. It would accomplish the same thing as the synthetic grimm (making the grimm use tactics as well as shutting them down in an emergency), at a fraction of the cost, and give Aurum more chances to appear in the story. And it makes sense. Win/win/win/win/win!

Reverse the order of that rescue mission and you've got it right.

Shush you. You'll get captured and you'll like it.

Hey, every anime has to have a scene where an underclassman team rescues the awesome elite upperclassman team. :smalltongue:

Lord_Gareth
2014-02-11, 07:54 PM
Heh, that'll be interesting later.

"We really have to hurry about this."

"Why? They're just, y'know. Locked up."

"Did you forget the bit where Clara's slowly killing them all?"

"...Crap."

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 07:54 PM
No no, please, throw away.

....That ... came out wrong.

Also, since Aurum came to retrieve a bunch of his synthetic grimm, does that mean that we'll be using a mixture of real and synthetic grimm from now on?

Actually ... idea. The synthetic grimm could be completely removed, deemed a failure due to the fact that they couldn't fully replicate a proper grimm. So the faculty contacts Aurum with another idea ... control chips, to be implanted in the real grimm the school will use from now on. It would accomplish the same thing as the synthetic grimm (making the grimm use tactics as well as shutting them down in an emergency), at a fraction of the cost, and give Aurum more chances to appear in the story. And it makes sense. Win/win/win/win/win!

That's actually a brilliant idea. But the Mecha-Grimm are supposed to be quite good at replication... Maybe instead of that a student has some sort of accident with it? Like, maybe a student breaks a weapon on it, or gets especially hurt? It'd make more sense. Aurum could arrive after a while of resting, giving the teams some time off from him. That's a good plan. :smallsmile:

strawberryman
2014-02-11, 08:05 PM
Hatter, should I keep going with the tracking or are you going to post something? Also who is actually -in- this search group? :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 08:07 PM
Hatter, should I keep going with the tracking or are you going to post something? Also who is actually -in- this search group? :smalltongue:

It's quite unorganized. I was waiting for others. O.o

strawberryman
2014-02-11, 08:12 PM
I count Mogrym and Barlowe. Time to be more commanding about this!

Is anyone else going to join Mogrym in his search through the woods, or is it just those two?

thebladeofchaos
2014-02-11, 08:13 PM

Is anyone else going to join Mogrym in his search through the woods, or is it just those two?

search in the woods? huh?

strawberryman
2014-02-11, 08:15 PM
Teachers. Pay no mind to it if you don't have a teacher. :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 08:54 PM
That's actually a brilliant idea. But the Mecha-Grimm are supposed to be quite good at replication... Maybe instead of that a student has some sort of accident with it? Like, maybe a student breaks a weapon on it, or gets especially hurt? It'd make more sense. Aurum could arrive after a while of resting, giving the teams some time off from him. That's a good plan. :smallsmile:

Well, the thing is, they haven't been very good at replication so far. In fact, aside form the Anasi grimm, they've been pretty terrible at it. We've even had mecha-grimm that don't even emulate an existing grimm.

I could have it so that Lex Lacuna joined the group too, but he was already asked to remain behind.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-11, 09:07 PM
I also drew the always creepy Doctor Ruhig of Frontier Industries. He looks like Bill Nye and Doctor Frankenstein had a baby. O.O

*shrug* sure why not. I don't particularly like drawing creepy characters myself. I mean I would do my own, but yeah, creepy. visualize him however you wish.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 09:13 PM
*shrug* sure why not. I don't particularly like drawing creepy characters myself. I mean I would do my own, but yeah, creepy. visualize him however you wish.

How do you visualize him? I never got much of a description.

strawberryman
2014-02-11, 09:24 PM
For the record, I am asking about the search over and over because I'm tired of waiting and want a clear answer. So after this, the cutoff point for action is over and we're moving along. :smalltongue:

Lord Raziere
2014-02-11, 09:30 PM
How do you visualize him? I never got much of a description.

oh sorry um.... hrm....

tall, thin, kinda hunched, hair all white, long but whispy, not wildly going up in the air, but drooping downwards in a.....decaying manner, that if you were too look at him, you'd get the impression that there something decaying about him more than just his age, even if all his clothes are clean. a quiet degradation if you will. the grin and face is just right though

Calemyr
2014-02-11, 09:31 PM
For the record, I am asking about the search over and over because I'm tired of waiting and want a clear answer. So after this, the cutoff point for action is over and we're moving along. :smalltongue:

We went with the two people because nobody was interested (other than Lex, who I now regret asking him to stay behind - it made sense at the time). I would have liked a technician like Rorokan or Dr. Jones, but with GrandDM wingless and Jones tending to Falcon, neither of those are happening. On the other hand, too many people is too many. If they're all front line fighters, they'll be tripping over themselves over rather than the enemy.

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 11:05 PM
The next draft of our team banner is done! Tell us what you think.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee508/Kymme777/RWBYTeamSketchup2_zps754f009e.jpg

Arkhosia
2014-02-11, 11:09 PM

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee508/Kymme777/RWBYTeamSketchup2_zps754f009e.jpg

I love it!
...wait, where are there legs!?
Did the artist feed them to us!? :smalleek:
((PM me if you get the reference))

Hattish Thing
2014-02-11, 11:10 PM

It saddens me that there isn't an Aurum lurking behind Caelynn. :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2014-02-11, 11:11 PM

It's an RWBY-style banner, of course they're the only ones there. :smalltongue:

strawberryman
2014-02-11, 11:12 PM
Anyway! Dammit Hatter, just post! If someone wants to jump in, we can retcon it! Well okay, I'm against those kinds of retcons but I've given plenty of reminders of Mogrym's camera angle. :smalltongue:

Arkhosia
2014-02-11, 11:16 PM

If that was the case...

BATMAN-STYLE BACKHAND WITHOUT TURNING AROUND!

AnimeKid
2014-02-12, 12:04 AM
If that was the case...

BATMAN-STYLE BACKHAND WITHOUT TURNING AROUND!

The correct term my dear is an 'Offhand Backhand'. And yes, it is a Batman specialty.

Landis963
2014-02-12, 01:36 AM
Hameth's rant is basically done for now. No offense is intended to any player on this side of the fourth wall. :smallannoyed: Says you. Yes, says me. What do you know about it? Well, for starters - In the IC thread? :smallmad:...I see your point.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-12, 02:31 AM
Right, sorry for no replies today, folks. Work was rather draining. :smallsigh:

Hattish Thing
2014-02-12, 02:56 AM
Right, sorry for no replies today, folks. Work was rather draining. :smallsigh:

It's perfectly alright! Pokes to Frontier. :) Aurum had to take a call, and paused V. Now the call's over and he unpaused it.

Calemyr
2014-02-12, 09:41 AM
Anyway! Dammit Hatter, just post! If someone wants to jump in, we can retcon it! Well okay, I'm against those kinds of retcons but I've given plenty of reminders of Mogrym's camera angle. :smalltongue:

You really aren't giving us much to work with. Every clue you've put up during this hunt suggests that this is a waste of time.

Ending up on the beach is worrying, though. This puts the inevitable beach party square in the last identified position of a violent and powerful feral Huntsman with known terrorist ties. A Grimm whale is possibly the least of their problems.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-12, 10:51 AM
Is that a good idea, though? I mean, I thought the beach scene was supposed to be a casual one. How is it suddenly turning into a crime drama? Maybe we should work on keeping these scenes separate before throwing all of our eggs into the proverbial scramble.