PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] support cleric

Raezeman
2014-02-03, 09:36 AM
so i'm trying to make a pathfinder cleric, lv 8. His function is to support the rest of the group (wizard, fighter, paladin). i need a little advice with this, as i am somewhat new to pathfinder.

We do 25 point buy. I was thinking to take a dwarf, for the very nice boost on constitution and wisdom, which i want to be my best 2 stats. The charisma penalty is unfortunate, but i think i can live with that. still need it for channel energy, as i will be the groups healer.

For feats, as i need 3, the DM said there would be very little time for item creation, so scribe scroll and craft wand are out of the picture.
i was thinking:
improved initiative
combat casting
toughness
But there might be better options out there.

spells, domains and equipment is not for discussion now, just abilities and feats. So, what say you, any ideas on stats or better feats?
i can use anything from the core rulebook and advanced players guide.

Spore
2014-02-03, 09:47 AM
How do you feel about the Evangelist (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classArchetypes/cleric.html#_evangelist-%28archetype%29)? He trades a Domain and Armor proficiency for Inspire Courage. And I could totally see a hearty Dwarven song to lift the spirits of your group.

Your healing will be a bit weak but that's the 2. job for the Paladin anyway (seriously Lay on Hands is great now). I feel your feat choice is good but I'd trade Toughness for Extend Spell. But if you chose the Evangelist, Medium Armor Prof. is good (depending on your Dex of course) and very "dwarfy".

Raezeman
2014-02-03, 09:52 AM
How do you feel about the Evangelist (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classArchetypes/cleric.html#_evangelist-%28archetype%29)? He trades a Domain and Armor proficiency for Inspire Courage. And I could totally see a hearty Dwarven song to lift the spirits of your group.

Your healing will be a bit weak but that's the 2. job for the Paladin anyway (seriously Lay on Hands is great now). I feel your feat choice is good but I'd trade Toughness for Extend Spell. But if you chose the Evangelist, Medium Armor Prof. is good (depending on your Dex of course) and very "dwarfy".

problem is i can only use core rulebook and advanced players guide. So thanks for the advice, but i'm afraid i can't use it.

The Trickster
2014-02-03, 09:57 AM
I am not a huge fan of toughness. It's a bit underwhelming as a feat.

Extend spell is a good choice if you are going to buff a lot. Selective channeling is also a good one (although I can't remember which book it is in).

Another possibility of a support cleric could be a summon based cleric. In this case, augmented summoning is a good choice too.

Raezeman
2014-02-03, 10:57 AM
Extend spell is a good choice if you are going to buff a lot. Selective channeling is also a good one (although I can't remember which book it is in).

i want to buy metamagic rod of extend (lesser for now), so is extend spell still worth is as a feat? Or maybe for later (level 12 or something)