PDA

View Full Version : Just a stupid idea.

koplev
2014-02-03, 10:19 AM
Hi, sorry if this is not the right forum. I just got this idea that is stuck in my head and I thought that perhaps somebody would help my try it out.
It is more of a story telling that a real RPG. The idea is to make a twitter feed from a virtual dungeon crawl. Meant in that way that four or five people set up twitter accounts and post tweets about their actions, the situations and so on. I was thinking something in the way of order of the stick , so funny and not too serious.
We could also add a Gm, if people think that it would be better.
The only rule I can think of, is that you have to go along with what the others are posting. No contradicting each other. a bit like those stories where you write a piece of the story, fold the paper so only the last line is visible to the next writer.
I was thinking of a traditional party: thief, warrior, mage, rouge or something like that.

So is anybody interested in trying this experiment?

Jesper

Tragak
2014-02-03, 02:25 PM
Hi, sorry if this is not the right forum. I just got this idea that is stuck in my head and I thought that perhaps somebody would help my try it out.
It is more of a story telling that a real RPG. The idea is to make a twitter feed from a virtual dungeon crawl. Meant in that way that four or five people set up twitter accounts and post tweets about their actions, the situations and so on. I was thinking something in the way of order of the stick , so funny and not too serious.
We could also add a Gm, if people think that it would be better.
The only rule I can think of, is that you have to go along with what the others are posting. No contradicting each other. a bit like those stories where you write a piece of the story, fold the paper so only the last line is visible to the next writer.
I was thinking of a traditional party: thief, warrior, mage, rouge or something like that.

So is anybody interested in trying this experiment?

Jesper My favorite creative writing website has been running low on sustainable story-telling RPGs as of late, would you like to start there?

Slipperychicken
2014-02-03, 02:28 PM
Maybe you could do tweets/status updates from an actual session? Like having each player use his PCs' account to tweet in-character about the session's events (i.e. "LOL just swiped like 58 gold #Roguelife#Swag"). Some people stream RPGs, so it could be a similar thing to that.

Also, NPCs and enemies would probably also have their own updates ("WTF?! Some psycho with a battleaxe just killed half my squad!!! #Nopenopenope#Outtahere#GoblinProblems").

koplev
2014-02-03, 02:30 PM
@Tragak I'm sorry I do not think I understand what you mean.
please elaborate.
but perhaps I should also mention that we have started up in a small way.
you can see what has been going on here: http://dungeoncrawl1.tweetwally.com/

Jesper

GPuzzle
2014-02-05, 03:58 PM
That is such an awesome idea. Do want.