View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] -- Slotted / Spell Storing Bracers for Archery

fenixashes
2014-02-03, 10:37 AM
Howdy playground,

I was hoping to rack your brains about either building or finding an existing way for a ranged character to be able to augment arrows with elements or status effects at will.

All WotC core books and supplements are fair game. I am the DM and looking to add some flair to a player's game.

The player had requested a set of socketed bracers that can house different jewels to cast/augment arrows a certain number of times per day.
(I pictured Thanos when this was mentioned.)

Is this achievable by taking a specific Prestige Class by chance?

I have not gone much beyond the core books and I'm not exactly savvy with optimization and such like the rest of you just yet so any input on this would be much appreciated.

You folks are awesome ... thanks for reading!

Jurai
2014-02-03, 10:47 AM
Spell storing and its Psionic, Canadian uncle Power storing work pretty well for that. Arcane Archer, while a subpar choice for optimization, lets you put spells into your arrows, but it only works if your party member is an elf.

Nirhael
Arcane Archer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/arcaneArcher.htm) can imbue arrows with certain abilities, might be worth looking into.

If you have the Magic Item Compendium, look into the Augment Crystals, you could homebrew a Bracer that could hold a few of those in and use their effect only a certain amount of times per day to balance the extra versatility.

roguemetal
Smiting Spell - a feat from Player's Handbook II, allows a touch spell to be cast into a weapon in hand

There's also Arcane Archer from the Dungeon Master's Guide, but I'd stay away form that one.

Nirhael
2014-02-03, 10:50 AM
Spell storing and its Psionic, Canadian uncle Power storing work pretty well for that. Arcane Archer, while a subpar choice for optimization, lets you put spells into your arrows, but it only works if your party member is an elf.

Slight note about both Spell and Power Storing: They are melee-exclusive Enhancements.

Bronk
2014-02-03, 12:07 PM
You could have a bow with a wand chamber and fill it with a wand of 'flame arrow'. It would be cast on his stash of arrows, not be a choice of each individual arrow, and only be for fire, but still...