PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Equipping a 6th Level Melee

DustyBottoms
2014-02-03, 11:47 AM
Hey all -

Just finished making up a Crusader-5/Kensai-1 for an upcoming campaign and now for the fun part: equipment! We have full WBL to spend (13,000 GP) and my DM is letting me negate the XP penalty for my first +1 from the Kensai's signature weapon. I'm planning on just making that a Greatsword with some +1 enhancement, but that's not the reason I'm here.

I come to the playground to ask what I should spend most of my 13,000 gold on with a mainly melee-oriented party? Mostly any interesting/useful melee items?

Thanks! :thog:

HammeredWharf
2014-02-03, 03:01 PM
Depends on what you're going to do with that character. Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851) some stuff that's useful for most characters.

Keld Denar
2014-02-03, 07:10 PM
Get yourself some Anklets of Translocation. Solid pickup for any char. Also, a Healing Belt with +2 Str is solid. I like Gloves of Fortunate Striking for a cheap fix that turns a fumble into a possible win. If you can, Armbands of Might net you an extra 2 damage per hit as long as you Power Attack for at least 2 (which you should nearly always do). Might be worth it for +1 Death Ward armor. Only 4k, and might just save your butt vs a Shadow, Wight, or Bodak, all possible encounters for a level 6.

herrhauptmann
2014-02-03, 07:23 PM
The healing belt+belt of strength is good.

I'd recommend steadfast boots (MiC) Any time someone charges you and you've got a 2hander, you get a free attack at double damage as if you'd set your weapon for a charge. Even if it can't normally be set.
The attack is as soon as they enter reach, and does nto count against your AOOs.

Should be able to stack those with your anklets of translocation too. And yeah, you'll need some tactical movement.
Anti-impact armor (Complete Warrior). Without a lot of casting, there's a good chance you'll be climbing ropes for longer in your career than normal. So a way to ignore half that damage is nice. Also works for being eaten alive, and should work on siege weapons like catapults and trebuchets too.