PDA

View Full Version : Help me create this PrC

shaka gl
2007-01-26, 07:43 PM
So, a pc died in the line of work a few days ago. He was a Knight, completely devoted to the church of Torm. So, Torm has now decided hes giving him a 2nd chance. And I like the idea of him returning as some Knight-ish PrC but with some Divine flavour. What are your sugestions?

Eighth_Seraph
2007-01-26, 10:44 PM
...A paladin. If you want something a bit more than that, we'll need ALOT more information than that.

shaka gl
2007-01-26, 10:57 PM
You know, there are no Knight PrC, so I was thinking about creatng one with a Divine touch in it. Paladin would fit, but it is a pitty to lose that d12...

Eighth_Seraph
2007-01-26, 11:04 PM
The way I see it is like this: The PC is already a primary front-line fighter, and one devoted to Torm. Torm gave him a second chance at life. It would then make complete sense for the PC to express gratitude by serving Torm as his paladin. There's an abundance of Paladin variants and prestige classes since the last few OoTs strips, so shouldn't be difficult to find something if you look around for it.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-26, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Eighth_Seraph here, Paladin is the way to go. I know it's not a Prestige Class, but there are some for the Paladin, aren't there?

Darkshade
2007-01-26, 11:39 PM
yeah but i dont think shaka wants to lose the knight's challenge progression. am i right?
in which case you should work to make a divinely or organizationally slanted Knight PrC. Something that continues your knights challenge progression, still d12s, and maybe adds some smiting and such

Roderick_BR
2007-01-27, 12:06 AM
Knight of the Middle Circle, or Chavalier from Sword and Fist. I don't know if they've been updated to 3.5

Druid
2007-01-27, 03:53 AM
The BoED has a risen martyr PrC based around the idea of a character returning from the dead to complete unfinished buiseness. Its abilities probably aren't exactly what your looking for but I'm sure some of them could be stolen or at least used for inspiration.

shaka gl
2007-01-27, 04:09 PM
So, this is what a beta version of the Returned Knight would be. Tell me which special abilities youŽd recommend me and which not.

Requisites:
BAB: 5
Alignment: Any Good.
Feats: Weapon Focus (Deity`s Faored Weapon), Iron Will.
Special: Must have died in the name of his deity and be selected especially by his deity to fulfill a mission in his name.

{table=head]Level| Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1st|+1|+0|+0|+2| Aura of good, detect evil, Knight`s Challenge
2nd|+2|+0|+0|+3| Divine grace, lay on hands, smite evil 1/day
3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3| Aura of courage, divine health
4th|+4|+1|+1|+4| Smite evil 2/day, Bonus Feat
5th|+5|+1|+1|+4| Weapon Specialization
6th|+6/+1|+2|+2| +5|Smite evil 3/day
7th|+7/+2|+2|+2| +5|Bonus Feat
8th|+8/+3|+2|+2| +6|Smite evil 4/day
9th|+9/+4|+3|+3| +6|
10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7|Smite evil 5/day, Bonus Feat[/table]

The Bonus Feats would be from the Fighter List.

Darkshade
2007-01-27, 08:50 PM
add a B.A.B. prerequisite and i'm not so sure about the weapon specalization but you can keep it in there, you might wanna dump aura of courage and lay on hands so you're not stepping all over the paladins toes, instead you could add a constant protection from evil effect at second level and upgrade it to circle of protection or Dispel Evil. something along those lines indicates divine favor and a sort of Archon/Angel thing without having to step on the paladin.

shaka gl
2007-01-27, 09:20 PM
So, 9th level is dead, and I hate that. I was thinking about some power that grants you the ability to send an evil anything from another plane back home. How could it work? Like a Turn Undead check? Or like Banishment X times a day?

Darkshade
2007-01-27, 09:49 PM
dispel evil works for that

shaka gl
2007-01-27, 10:26 PM
A Dispel Magic lets say, 3 times per day or 3 + CHA per day, isnt for like, lvl 5 or 6? At lvl 9 seems kinda late for a lvl 4 spell...

Darkshade
2007-01-27, 10:50 PM
first of all its a 5th level spell (4th level for paladins)
Dispel Evil at level 9, as follows...
Beginning at 9th level a Returned Knight is constantly protected by a Dispel Evil effect. The Knight can suppress or resume this ability as a free action, if the knight uses either of the abilities which discharge the spell he may not resume the ability until his next turn.

at 9th level it is a good ability if it is constant. the other option is Holy Aura, but an 8th level spell is kinda pushin it.

shaka gl
2007-01-27, 10:59 PM
Oh, as a continous effect is far better... Thanks!

shaka gl
2007-01-28, 07:13 PM
Hey, if the class were to gain Darkvision, at what lvl would you put it?

The Dirge
2007-01-28, 07:31 PM
Same level as a shadowdancer, I forget what exact level. Instead of returned knight, go for spirt knight or something. A good spirt inhabiting a suit of armour spreading torms word.

Skydiving_Ninja
2007-01-28, 07:48 PM
a spirit inside a suit of armor?

Torm: You have sacrificed you life for mine, and so I shall turn you into an Alphonse Elric cosplayer!

Knight: w00t!

But yeah, if you want a good prestige class, look at the prestige paladin, and maybe sneak in some knights challenges instead of smite evils.

The Dirge
2007-01-28, 07:52 PM
A spirt in armour emphasises chivalry. It can't have sex, be a glutton, money means nothing to it and it is a tireless protector of the weak.

Eighth_Seraph
2007-01-28, 10:15 PM
Interesting perspective. Now just give the knight a geas, and that'll be a good wrap for our friend Torm.