PDA

View Full Version : Joking about voting in the Index Reloaded.

DeliaP
2014-02-03, 06:17 PM
I vote that we vote on voting in the thread.

Yes, I'm hilarious.

I vote that we vote on voting in the thread.

Well I vote that we shouldn't vote on voting on voting in the voting thread. :p

Wait, are you suggesting:

- voting that we vote on "voting in the thread";

(you think we should have a vote on whether or not in future voting takes place in the thread?)

or

- voting that we vote on "voting", in the thread;

(you think that the vote on how we vote, should itself take place in the thread?).

On a related note, there was this panda... but I'm not clear how it intended to vote.

I'm voting for Kodos.

Oh. But who is Kodos voting for?

Gift Jeraff
2014-02-03, 06:24 PM
I vote to destroy the thread.

Nimrod's Son
2014-02-03, 06:30 PM
I vote nuke the whole forum from orbit.

DaggerPen
2014-02-03, 06:41 PM
I vote for ice cream! All in favour? (http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0139.html)

[All joking aside, the idea of a separate thread for voting isn't a bad one, but it would likely lead to entirely too much clutter if more threads started doing it.]

DeliaP
2014-02-03, 07:09 PM
I vote for ice cream! All in favour? (http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0139.html)

[All joking aside, the idea of a separate thread for voting isn't a bad one, but it would likely lead to entirely too much clutter if more threads started doing it.]

Wow, I had no intention of making a serious suggestion.

I was just wanting to post a joke follow up on some of the joke posts in the Index Reloaded, but didn't want to add joke posts to the Index (because it specifically requests not to post jokes to it, and because of the irony of the Index being clogged up with a protracted discussion of how to avoid the Index being clogged up).

But now you mention it: why NOT have a single ongoing thread that is the location for voting, whenever a vote is called in another thread? Keep it to one thread, that avoids clogging up the forum index. Whenever a vote gets called, all votes and discussion of the voting is immediately moved over to the Voting Thread, and off the original thread!

Thread rules: a vote must be agreed in another thread, by whatever means are agreed in that thread, before it can be started on the Voting Thread; person responsible for calling the vote then announces vote and rules for vote on Voting Thread; all voting called must have a fixed end condition; no posts should happen for a voted that has past its end condition.

Sylian
2014-02-03, 07:17 PM
Having a separate thread for voting? I vote Yes. This would help reduce clutter in the main thread and would make it easier to count the votes for the thread curator.

If not, I vote Vote in PM. That would also help reduce clutter.

DeliaP
2014-02-03, 07:29 PM
Having a separate thread for voting? I vote Yes. This would help reduce clutter in the main thread and would make it easier to count the votes for the thread curator.

If not, I vote Vote in PM. That would also help reduce clutter.

Guys: just to be clear. This thread was started as a joke comment on the discussion on voting in the Index Thread. It has no status re: actually voting on what happens in the Index Thread.

(I'm trying to change the thread name to make that clearer!)

Sloanzilla
2014-02-03, 08:00 PM
head explodes

Sylian
2014-02-03, 08:01 PM
I'm quite aware that it was meant as a joke, that doesn't mean the idea is necessarily bad. I'm in favor of starting another thread in order to reduce clutter, because I feel that the main thread is starting to become filled with posts that don't add any new quotes. I would much prefer if there were two threads, one where you could vote and discuss, and one where you could add new quotes. It'd probably make it easier for the thread curator to handle, as well.

Though PM voting would help too.

oppyu
2014-02-03, 08:05 PM
Ah, so you're saying we should use this joke thread about voting about voting in the vote thread as another vote thread in which we vote about voting in the previous vote thread. I vote we have a vote on voting in the joke vote thread about voting about voting in the previous vote thread.

Or, as Gift mentioned earlier, destroy the thread.

137beth
2014-02-03, 10:17 PM
I vote that no one should vote until ThePhantasm calls for a vote.

But when ThePhantasm does call for a vote, I vote that that vote should happen in the thread, not by PM.
I vote against anything in the vote I just quoted. I also vote against anything suggested by the voter quoted.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-02-03, 10:21 PM
I vote for everything 137ben has ever said.

Nilehus
2014-02-04, 12:24 AM

I...

:smallconfused:

I vote for everything this guy says. I like the cut of his jib.

marq
2014-02-04, 01:49 AM
I'm a non-voting felon.

137beth
2014-02-04, 03:23 AM
I...

:smallconfused:

I vote for everything this guy says. I like the cut of his jib.

Mind if I sig this?

Domino Quartz
2014-02-04, 03:37 AM

I read this as "I vote for ice cream! All in flavour?" when I first glanced at it.

Dumbestupidiot
2014-02-04, 06:27 AM
I'm voting to add more comments on this thread

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-02-04, 06:41 AM
Mind if I sig this?

Go right ahead. :smallamused:

DeliaP
2014-02-04, 06:59 AM
I'm voting to add more comments on this thread

I call a vote on whether to add more comments to this thread.

Toon Fighter
2014-02-04, 10:11 AM
I read this as "I vote for ice cream! All in flavour?" when I first glanced at it.

Me too! It would have been so delicious...

Bulldog Psion
2014-02-04, 10:58 AM
How many votes could a votechuck vote if a votechuck could vote votes?

Yes, okay, I'm leaving, I'm leaving. :smallredface:

allenw
2014-02-05, 12:28 AM
How many votes could a votechuck vote if a votechuck could vote votes?

Forty-two.